Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: PsiQuest [SG]  (Read 6016 times)

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
Re: PsiQuest [SG]
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2016, 01:07:53 pm »

Mindmelt everyone, just to be sure.
If that's impossible, wait for him to find us. Maybe we can like... hide our psilonic presence or something?

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2016, 02:30:05 pm »

"Hang tight. We'll wait for them to expose themselves. We can't tell how many there are so jumping into action will only give them the advantage."

They both nod in understanding. All is silent in the train, with only the moving steel and engine making noise. The Psilonic pressence gets closer with every second.

"Zhanort. Disguise us."

"I have already done so. The mask will not last for long. They can only hide our signals for a short while. My masking is crumbling, child."

"What? Why?!"

"You. Your Psilonic energy marker is chaotic, full of potential. Perhaps you are more powerful than I originally assumed. You must control it. So much potential runs through you."

"Hmph. Don't give her a big head, grandpa." Do you detect sour grapes from Vahara? You take a mental note of that -- save it for later. Might come in handy.

RIIIIIIIIING!

A sharp, piercing sound penetrates your ears and the ears of the passengers. Everyone is on the floor writhing in pain for a few seconds until three people enter from the rear cab. All female, with dark, skintight clothing. The one who speaks first is short with a mop of blue hair that obscures everything but her mouth, twisted into a smirk.

"Alright. Listen up! We're looking for the three Psilons who escaped the Protectors earlier. Yes, we know you're here. If you don't make yourselves known, everyone's ears will bleed, and from there, we'll work our way to the eyes, then the brain."

> Make yourselves known, but try to talk to them. Find out what their whole deal is.
> Make yourselves known with a surprise attack. Psellouts are to be destroyed!
> Do something else.

Spoiler: Data (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:41:14 pm by Lermfish »

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2016, 02:35:02 pm »

Use our potential to mindmelt the beaches!

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2016, 02:41:34 pm »

Read the datasheet, sir. No mindmelting for you yet!

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2016, 02:45:56 pm »

B-but the potential...

Well then, let the other two guys handle it as usual. Also use our telekinesis to steal the girls' ear blasting tools. Or read their minds to understand how they're gonna blast our ears.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2016, 03:27:56 pm »

Go out there on your own, opt the others not to get out. Distract the hunters so the others can enact surprise attack or escape.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2016, 03:51:18 pm »

"Well, it looks like our escaped rats aren't going to show themselves. Blood Noise, you know what to do."

"Wait!" You dart up from your seat, staring the trio down. "I'm the one you want."

Vahara looks as if she's about to slap the sense out of you for soloing up against three significantly-powered Psilons. "Orphanette! What are you doing? Sit your ass down and plan some more! These guys aren't Blanks!"

You ignore her and continue. "What's the deal? You're Psilons and you're hunting us? Don't you know the CPS doesn't respect Psellouts? They'll throw you all away when they're done! It's even worse because you're a Mystic." You're right, the blue-haired leader is a Mystic, like you. Her two friends are both human and Elven.

She scoffs. "Tck. You don't know anything about me! You're just another punk making our lives difficult. Since you won't give your friends up, I'll make sure to take my time with you." The blue-haired Psilon begins to walk over to you, with nothing but a wicked smirk painted on her face. She reveals a third eye on her forehead, which you find more interesting than surprising.

"It appears", Zhanort mindsays to Vahara, "that Orphanette is allowing us a surprise attack. Shall we attack the mindscreamer first?"

"Sure thing, gramps. But don't count the Smurf out. She's from the Light Year Enclave. No telling what kind of attacks she can pull off."

Without warning, Vahara shoots her palm towards the Elven Psellout. Blue Lightning introduces itself to her body, causing her to lose consciousness with a soft groan. The leader casually looks over her shoulder afterwhich, unphased by the attack. "Oh. You took out Blood Noise. With a surprise attack, no less. Noise was never good with Psi anyway. Lyla, handle this please."

Now, the human Psilon steps up. She has short blonde hair with purple highlights and neon lipstick. "Whatever". She seems pretty apathetic, more interested in gum chewing than bounty hunting.

> Fight her one-on-one. You can take her.
> Talk to her. See what her deal is. Maybe she'd be more willing to talk than her boss.
> Fight her three-on-one. The quicker you take her down, the better.
> Do something else.

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2016, 09:32:41 am »

[X]Fight her three-on-one. The quicker you take her down, the better.

Better safe than sorry.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2016, 10:44:17 am »

[X]Fight her three-on-one. The quicker you take her down, the better.

Better safe than sorry.
+1.
I thought I had already left a reply, but I was wrong.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2016, 11:55:09 am »

"Hey. We're all teaming up for this one. Follow my lead." You don't find much of a signal from this chick. Humans are pretty lackluster with Psi, finding more affinity with magic or cybernetics. Basically any non-Mystic species has to work a little harder. Not that this human in particular seems notably interested.

"Look kid, can you just give up? The underdog thing is so 1999."

You shake your head, opting to retort to the blonde. "It's so how I'm going to beat you!"

She merely rolls her eyes. "Whatever. I'll finish this quickly so I can do, like, anything else after I get my share of the money." Bounty hunters are the worst. Do they even have jurisdiction to do that? You remember seeing archives about tv shows from way back when. Of note is one called 'Dog: Bounty Hunter', which is about, well, a bounty hunter. You wonder if he actually did that or if the show was fake. Apparently, that genre of programming was mostly faked or staged to some degree.

"Orphanette. Now isn't the time to drift off! Finish this chick off already!" You smirk at Vahara's command. You're too busy feeling yourself.

Feeling impatient, you take it upon yourself to Mind Skim the blonde, to see what you can gather. But--

"No, child! Don't enter her mind!"

But it's too late. Zhanort warns you after the fact. Like a genius. You feel...something. A grip, a control over you. Your body doesn't feel like it belongs to you. All you can do is ask what is happening while your vision becomes swallowed up by darkness. You hear only one voice speaking to you telepathically. "I told you to give up, brat."

"They always get cute. Why, Lyla?"

"Don't know", the blonde says to her blue-haired leader, popping a punk bubble. "Don't care."

"Release your hold on the child's mind! At once!"

"Sorry, pops. No can do. We're bringing all three of you in. Then you're the Protectors' problem."

"Actually", Vahara spits. "You're MY problem!" Not wasting any time, she begins to fire bolt after bolt of psionic lightning from her third eye. By now, the passengers are scrambling to escape the fray, mainly occupying the front of the railcar. Blue Hair dodges all of the bolts, smirking as she does so. "Hold still, traitor! I'm going to fry that smug grin off your face!"

"I suppose you are my opponent, girl", Zhanort says to Lyla. "Meet a mind that can match and outclass yours!" Zhanort and the blonde engage in their battle, being fought mostly in the mindscape.

Back to the Vahara-Blue Hair match, the former is still angrily throwing bolts from her forehead, with her target simply backing up. She eventually hovers to the rear door of the railcar, attempting to open the door and go into the car behind it. Of course, Vahara chases after her. Blue Hair turns quickly to fire one of her mind beams, which catches Vahara in the chest.

She lets out a sharp but short scream as she falls to her knees. Her opponent continues to go from car to car until she is in the rear-most one. She takes a knee, followed by a deep breath.

Zhanort eventually wins your mind back, freeing you from the thoughtscape. Luckily, you weren't in long enough for the real fun to begin. You thank him for his help and let him finish dealing with Lyla. You notice Blue Hair is nowhere in sight, and that Vahara is kneeling on the floor in total silence with her head facing downwards.

> Go check on Vahara.
> Go find Blue Hair.
> Return to Zhanort and help him.
> Do something else.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2016, 12:10:11 pm »

Hmm, probably should check how much Vahara died.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2016, 04:02:10 pm »

You run to Vahara to check on her. She seems to have taken a nasty blow, but she isn't responding.

You begin to shake her lightly. "Vahara? Vahara? Are you okay?" Silence.

Still silence.

"Go away." She doesn't have her usual snide tone. Instead, you detect a blend of seriousness and stoicism. Dark, you'd say her tone is. She doesn't even bother to turn her head.

"Vahara, what are you talking about? We're in the middle of a fight, remember?"

Meanwhile, Lyla manages to weaken Zhanort enough to make him need to chill out for a while. He takes a knee, huffing and puffing as it he physically exerted himself. She's bored with the old man and decides to pick on you two brats.

"Stupid kids. Why can't you, like, go play with dolls or eat your boogers or something? And what's your problem, blindfold? Don't tell me you're going to throw a tantrum because you didn't get your way. I'll buy you a doll or something with the reward money I'll get. Okay?"

Vahara still says nothing. Now, you begin to worry. The mouthy, abrasive girl gone silent? Doesn't seem right. Doesn't . . . feel right.

"Hey, brat. I'm talking to you. Like, did you forget how to speak or something?" Lyla administers a couple of leg-pokes to Vahara's hip. "Hey! I'm talking to you! I didn't even want to be here so like, if you're going to be boring, turn yourself in and quit being a pissant! This is the reason why--"

"I said go away!" You dart away from her, not sure what she's going to do. What happens once you're a few feet back? The girl starts screaming. Well, she produces a noise that is part scream, part roar, part wail. You're not sure what to make of it. In between howls all she says is "I hate you" and "go the fuck away". Soon, she creates a psionic storm. Nothing but steel blue bolts that threaten to make the entire railcar a giant swiss cheese steel sculpture. Luckily, everyone has pilled into the front most passenger car. It's just you, Zhanort, Vahara and Lyla the bounter hunter. It looks like it's about to be just Vahara in a few minutes.

Lyla turns to run, but Vahara psi-grabs and pulls her close. Now, her hybrid noise is mostly wailing, as if sad or in pain.

> Wonder what the hell is going on.
> Ask Zhanort what the hell is going on.
> Do something else.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2016, 04:04:15 pm »

Both of those.

And if possible, try to help her.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2016, 04:12:32 pm »

I don't know about trying to help her. I mean, she's emitting lightning stuff or something like that.

She seems to have taken a nasty blow, BUT she isn't responding.
Why did you use a "but" there? I'm not reproaching you, I'd just like to learn more.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2016, 04:13:55 pm »

Why did you use a "but" there? I'm not reproaching you, I'd just like to learn more.
Mistakes were made. I'm sure I meant to say 'and she...' instead of 'but she...'. I would fix it, but I'm going to own my mistakes as a writer.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 04:22:41 pm by Lermfish »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8