Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: PsiQuest [SG]  (Read 6013 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: PsiQuest [SG]
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 05:13:56 am »

Talk to the Orc.
Black lives matter.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
  • I will not be very active till this text goes away
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 05:39:27 am »

Talk to the Orc and then to the mumbler for more plot!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 06:01:50 am »

Muse about the enclaves

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2016, 08:35:26 am »

Well, you figure you'll talk to the Orc next. Perhaps he has something interesting to say? Maybe not. He's an Orc. But, he's a criminal Orc. Not exactly news, but . . . this is going nowhere. You know the Orc isn't Mystic because he's an Orc, but he's not a Psilon either. The interesting bit is that you detect psychic residue on his person. How can a non-Mystic, non-Psilon have any trace of psychic energies on their person? Time to do some investigating. Law and Order: Psycho Task Force. If you only had the 'clank clank' sound effect.

You turn to the Orc who two seats to your left. He doesn't look happy, but when is an Orc happy? Gotta speak out loud for this one.

"Um, yo."

He turns, slowly, with a sharp exhale and a look of disgust on his face. "What do you want", he asks in a gruff, lower-class English accent. "You Mystics have been messin' me round all day. Caught m'self some trouble because of you!" You're a Psilon, but you feel that even your potent mind is not enough to decipher his thick accent.

"P-Pardon me? Do I know you?"

"Yeah, yeah. G'on tryin' to act all innocent! You and yours 'ave did me head in! Always makin' fun of th' Orcs sayin' we's not smart and whatnot 'cuz we don't 'ave that mind magic a' yours!"

Oh. This guy just has a problem with Mystics and Psilons. He's, simply put, a specist.

"Whoa. Okay. Sorry to have bothered you." Best to leave this guy alone before you get thrashed by him and the Protectors for causing a ruckus.

"Hey! Prisoner 002431!" Speaking of the Protectors, one of them is about to let you know what time it is, likely for talking to the Orc. "No talking on a prison transport! Eyes down!"

"Maybe 002431 needs a little attitude adjustment. Initiating behavioural correction procedures."

Well, now one of the Protectors is headed your way, with a stunstick fully charged and ready to greet you. You have enough time to trail off into another thought tangent until you get zapped.

> The Orc has a problem with Mystics and Psilons. What are those? (info dump on the difference and lore)
> Risk talking to the mutter man and annoy the Protectors even more.
> Muse about the Enclaves (option tree; character build will initiate)
> Muse about the Protectors. (setting info dump and lore)
> Muse about the city. (setting info dump and lore)

((I'm at work on a desktop, which I prefer VASTLY to type on than my laptop, so quick updates WITH quality. Take advantage of this before I leave for lunch!))

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 08:48:40 am »

Muse about the protectors.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2016, 09:52:35 am »

The Protectors are the city's cops. They are the men and women of the Corporate Protection Service, the law enforcement and paramilitary arm of the Corporate Congress. The Corporate Congress is an assembly of the Corptocracy, which is exactly what it sounds like. A ruling committee of multinational corporations. So, Protectors are cops. The closest thing the city has to them, anyway. Their uniforms vary according to the district in which they patrol and their unit. The recently-established Anti-Psilon Task Force, or APTF, wears uniforms of white, yellow and blue. These are the Protectors that are transporting you to . . . some place.

KZZZT!

You assume the fetal position after the Protector's stunstick sends thousands of volts through your small frame. "That's enough out of you, 002431." You glare up at the officer, wishing you could give him what for. You don't see his face thanks to his headgear, but you can feel him paint an expression of smugness on his face.

The pain lasts longer than it would thanks to the anti-psionic properties of the transport. You keep your head down and think to yourself to take your mind off of it.

> The Orc has a problem with Mystics and Psilons. What are those? (info dump on the difference and lore)
> Telepathically communicate with the mumbler.
> Muse about the Enclaves (option tree; character build will initiate)
> Muse about the city. (setting info dump and lore)

((Would've been quicker but a co-worker was showing me the ropes. Pretty insightful stuff. The update-fest shall continue! Keep it locked!))

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2016, 10:39:04 am »

Communicate with the mumbler...

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2016, 11:38:41 am »

The mumbler is a bearded man who looks oddly polished for a criminal. He wears some kind of religious-looking robes with a tall hat, seemingly from some orthodox faith. Could be a bad idea, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

"Um, excuse me sir. Are you okay?"

"Telepathy? Child's play. Worry not, girl. You shalt soon be free."

Um. Okay. You try continuing contact, but he shuts you out. What is 'you shalt soon be free' about? Does he mean busting out of this prison with wheels? Fat chance. You snort. That was fruitless. Now you kind of wish the Protector would whack him once or twice.

> Muse about the difference between Mystic and Psilon.
> Muse about the city.
> Muse about the Enclaves.
> Do something else.

((Still quick updating. Will also work on shortening Continuum updates.))

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2016, 11:52:15 am »

Muse about the city.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2016, 12:11:19 pm »

The city, Outropolis, in the year 2050. It is a city that seems mundane during the day, but is dripping with neon at night. You don't know -- or never really cared to know -- about its history or the state of the world outside of it. All you've known is this city. You've heard talk that Outropolis was an okay place to live before the corporations took over, and that Mystics and Psilons were left alone until the turn of the 21st century. The best you can tell from putting bits and pieces together, the corporation bought out the local government in 1999, which led to the eventual state of affairs that exist today. Outropolis is more like a city-state or small state, with many levels and districts scattered about to explore. Its inhabitants aren't just human (now called Sapiens); you have Orcs, Elves, Dinneh, Lycans, Vampyres, Origins, and of course, Mystics.

The tri-fecta of power is also a thing, consisting of magic, technology and psi. Psi, as said before, is illegal to use. Socially illegal to posses, as well. Magic is less so, but only because psi is stronger. Technology is the king in Outropolis, which makes cybernetic augments very common. Life here is hard and seems to be made possible by an eternal hustle. Steal, coerce, corrupt, blackmail. These are only some of the steps to power in this city.

> Muse about the Enclaves.
> Muse about the difference between Mystics and Psilons.
> Do something else.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2016, 12:13:58 pm »

Muse about all the things you can muse about.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2016, 02:33:42 pm »

((How about I skip ahead to the stuff?))

Ho hum. The wheels on the bus go round and round, bringing you closer to the end of your freedom, and a nice, warm cell coated with heavy psi-blocking membranes. Maybe you can get time off for doing tricks. Crack open a David Copperfield or David Blane book and get to work, earn a few laughs, maybe not get targeted by any other inmates. Maybe prison won't be so bad. It might actually be fun.

. . . No it won't! That's the talk of madmen! That's--

You sense a psionic spike. It came from the little girl with the blindfold. What's she up to? Psi won't work here. The bus is coated in anti-psi!

"What are you doing?", you 'say' to her. "This bus won't let anything psionic get in or out."

"Calm down. We got this."

"We?"

"Don't freak out, but they missed a spot with the anti-psi coating. It's enough for us to get a trace signal going. Relax and let us handle it."

You look over to the mumble as he -- excluding yourself -- is the only other Psilon on the bus. Him? What's he going to do besides get everyone beat up?

Not enough time to consider it, as a loud pop sounds from underneath the bus, causing it to lean to the left and gradually slow down. The two Protectors swear in excess before the bus comes to a complete halt.

"We blew a tire. Great. That's more time with them."

"Yeah, but that's more money for us. We get paid hourly."

They both leave through the back of the bus -- a rear entry door which they use to collect prisoners. How odd for a flat tire to pop at this exact moment.

> Stay on the bus. No time to get lit up for trying to be funny.
> Flee! This is your chance.
> Do something else.

ManMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2016, 02:41:41 pm »

Listen to the girl's plan!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2016, 02:44:11 pm »

The girl's got a plan.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lermfish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2016, 05:09:26 pm »

You feel a familiar psi pulse contacting you. It's the little girl with the blindfold!

"You. We're busting out of here. We were able to pop the tire thanks to a missing spot in the membrane. I want you to back us up with whatever you got in that mind of yours."

You simply nod, trusting that she'd 'feel' your state of agreement.

"On the count of three, mumbles and I are going to do what we do. Make sure you're ready to pop off."

"What about the Orc", you ask, glancing over at him.

"He hates us, right? Leave him. You ready? 1, 2 . . ."

> Back her up with psionic bolts. Send a shock to the Protectors' systems.
> Back her up with telekinesis. Make these Protectors your ragdolls.
> Back her up with ... something else.

((The above options determine your overall build.))

"Text like this" = telepathy
"Text like this" = verbal, normal communication
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 05:11:41 pm by Lermfish »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8