Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48887 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 3 discovers Coral
« Reply #315 on: May 24, 2016, 05:58:34 pm »

Day has been Extended to ~4pm Pacific Wednesday. There are no more extensions remaining this day.

Also, I'll be out of town for the weekend starting Thursday and will be back probably Sunday Night or Monday morning. If everyone can get their night actions to me as soon as possible tomorrow (Including sending them in early if you know what you're going to do) I can have day 4 start before I leave and leave it going until I get back.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 24, 2016, 08:03:25 pm »

Oh, crap. Jack, which post do I pour?
BHK: If, in Meph's answer to the question I had you send him, post C was Tainted, you pour Post 292.  If C would not be Tainted, you pour post 180.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 24, 2016, 08:56:21 pm »

Oh, crap. Jack, which post do I pour?
BHK: If, in Meph's answer to the question I had you send him, post C was Tainted, you pour Post 292.  If C would not be Tainted, you pour post 180.
Oh, now that you've worded it like that, I see. I'll do it.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 24, 2016, 10:09:00 pm »

I'll target one of the other posts with lots of quotes.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 25, 2016, 05:15:38 am »

Hi guys!

Sorry for the absence. I've been super busy these last few days and hadn't checked in on the forum and didn't realise I'd been subbed in.

So... just reading back now! I'm Town btw.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 1 - Ripples in the Mindscape
« Reply #320 on: May 25, 2016, 05:29:17 am »

I see my predecessor already claimed. This is true:

Disciple of Iron Will.

Can someone give me the potted summary of what we know about the game? What the claims are and so on? I'm reading back but it's pretty confusing and I'm worried about missing something important here.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 25, 2016, 06:59:40 am »

- TDS is definitely 3rd party, as according to the OP only 3rd party use other colours. Town wincon is to drive out scum. 3rd parties are explicitly listed as separate from scum.
- Jack comes across as strong town, was 2nd on Flabort
- Jack confirms BHK, who also has highest game post count, basically they mutually confirm each other
- I'm town, but frankly in the situation I can see why people would want to lynch me for POE reasons.

- Deus Asmoth claims Wellspring. He should have two Pure posts by now, where are they? What am I missing?
- Persus claims he was targeted by Flabort who he only pivoted onto late day after an extension, but apparently he knew he was scum all along... uh?
- FillipK's role isn't confirmed is it? Though he was first on Flabort.

Persus13

Why weren't you pushing Flabort from the start? Show me your progression.

If I do get lynched, someone should target Persus but not say they will beforehand, so as to test whether he really has the 3rd Eye power.

Also, look at the list of town roles:

Disciple of Iron Will - More resistant to Corruption. - Can't safely claim as exact resistance isn't specified.
Disciple of the Polished Stone - Reflects the spread of effects - Can't safely claim as the summary is vague.
Disciple of the Open Mind - Magnifies the effects of spread effects - Can't safely claim as the summary is vague.
Disciple of the Third Eye - Can tell who changed their posts - Can safely claim only when other have claimed. Can claim what it does because it's straightforward.
Disciple of the Narrow Path - Can prevent the spread of effects - Can't safely claim as the exact mechanics aren't stated.
Disciple of the Flowing River - Can spread effects between posts Can't safely claim as the exact mechanics aren't stated.
Disciple of the Wellspring - Can infuse their posts with Purity Can only safely claim if their scum power allows them this ability anyway.
Disciple of the Mindscape - Can purge all effects on a post of theirs Can only safely claim if their scum power allows them this ability anyway.

Disciple of the Third Eye is realistically what you'd fakeclaim, unless your scum power was able to emulate Wellspring or Mindscape. The others have unstated mechanics that could be counterclaimed.

Persus was the penultimate person to claim, TDS was the last. When Persus claimed, they voted TDS, as if pre-empting a counterclaim.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 1 - Ripples in the Mindscape
« Reply #322 on: May 25, 2016, 09:09:27 am »

I just noticed something interesting, Jack and BHK have been targeted the most by corruption, NQT and myself have been targeted once, and fillipk and DA have not been visibly targeted at all. I don't know what this means, except that BHK and Jack are almost definitely town, which most of us had already figured.

- Persus claims he was targeted by Flabort who he only pivoted onto late day after an extension, but apparently he knew he was scum all along... uh?

Persus13

Why weren't you pushing Flabort from the start? Show me your progression.
What do you mean by the bolded part? I knew flabort targeted me N1 and I saw my post got tainted, but it took me a little bit to understand the importance of it, so I decided to vote BHK to get an explanation for his actions D1. My plan was to switch to flabort once flabort showed up and started talking so I could pressure him to reveal why he had targeted my posts. I then made the connection but decided to continue pressing BHK until he gave me an answer I was satisfied with, before switching to flabort. BHK finally  gave me an answer I was satisfied with, and I realized that flabort's stack of quoted posts was a ticking time bomb, so he had to go. I meant to question him on his productivity to the game (he had just two posts D2 full of bare-bones responses, an OMGUS, and an attempt to throw of a theory that turned out to be correct), but a typo marred that.

I find it amusing how both you and fillipk are making a big deal about me voting after an extension. That extension went over a weekend and doubled the day, so you're basically saying I voted him halfway through the day like its a big deal. Why?

Also, look at the list of town roles:

Disciple of Iron Will - More resistant to Corruption. - Can't safely claim as exact resistance isn't specified.
How convenient for you to say it can't be fakeclaimed, especially since OSG never specified his exact resistance. So this is straight up BS.

Disciple of the Narrow Path - Can prevent the spread of effects - Can't safely claim as the exact mechanics aren't stated.
Except no one else has claimed this so there's little worry about being counter claimed

Disciple of the Wellspring - Can infuse their posts with Purity Can only safely claim if their scum power allows them this ability anyway.
And why would scum having that ability make any sense?

Disciple of the Third Eye is realistically what you'd fakeclaim, unless your scum power was able to emulate Wellspring or Mindscape. The others have unstated mechanics that could be counterclaimed.
Actually, no, I'd claim Disciple of the Iron Will before it. This is a pointless defense since you already think I'm scum, but still, fakeclaiming inspect roles is a bad idea, because they're fairly easy to test.

Persus was the penultimate person to claim, TDS was the last. When Persus claimed, they voted TDS, as if pre-empting a counterclaim.
I already knew TDS had visited me the night before, and since I believed Jack was town, TDS had to have been the cause of the weird color stuff, so TDS needed to go because third parties are generally bad. Secondly, what would a town invest do? They'd wait until everyone else had claimed what they did so they could verify people's actions. All your analysis of what would be easy to fakeclaim is useless to your case against me unless you can show how an actual investigative role would have behaved differently to a fakeclaim.

- Deus Asmoth claims Wellspring. He should have two Pure posts by now, where are they? What am I missing?
Coral posts have been affected both by TDS and DA. DA made a post with quotes from a bunch of tainted posts to clear them. You can see that changes so far from Jack A T's post here. Also Purity looks like corruption, so there's clear with is a stage before pure.

Quick roundup post first:
Spoiler: D2 status (click to show/hide)
What's Changed:
#28, 29, 32, 33, 34 no longer Tainted, now Coral-colour (orangeish, almost certainly tied to Firebrick).
#36 no longer Clear, now Coral-colour.
#38 no longer Firebrick-colour, now Normal
#180 (BHK) is now Corrupted

What, of Note, Didn't Change
#35 is still Corrupted
#116 (DA) is still Normal
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 25, 2016, 01:33:25 pm »

NQT: You're missing the impact of other actions.  In addition to what Persus said about TDS, apparently, when I pour a post, that post becomes Normal again.  Since pouring takes place after other changes to post colouration, post 116 (which I knew DA was purifying) basically was Cleared in the night, then Normalized.

DA only moves his posts one step towards Pure.  The other Clear post was 36.

You're right, the exact resistance isn't specified.  Say, NQT, what is the exact resistance?
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 25, 2016, 03:10:42 pm »

Oh I see OSG didn't claim. It's 4. I can have one extra corrupted post before death.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 25, 2016, 03:23:20 pm »

The Vote Tally
notquitethere: Deus Asmoth, fillipk, Jack A T, Persus13, TheDarkStar
Persus13: notquitethere
TheDarkStar: BlackHeartKabal

Day ends ~4pm Pacific Today (About 2.5 hours). There are no more extensions remaining this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 25, 2016, 07:08:56 pm »

The Vote Tally
notquitethere: Deus Asmoth, fillipk, Jack A T, Persus13, TheDarkStar
Persus13: notquitethere
TheDarkStar: BlackHeartKabal

The day has dragged on and you are all exhausted. With no better options presented, you decide to bar notquitethere from the Mindscape. He seems reluctant, but does not try to stop you. 

Once again you hear the voice of the elder. "The echos are changed, though slightly. I think he was indeed a Disciple of Iron Will and not the cause of the Corruption. Pity."   

Night has fallen. Send in your actions!
Come play Mafia with us!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Night 3
« Reply #327 on: May 26, 2016, 11:18:35 am »

The mindscape continues to shift and change, though nothing so dramatic as previous days.

Day 4 has started. It will go until ~4pm Pacific Monday.

I will be out of town camping, so I probably won't be able to check this much until I get back. I may be able to answer PMs from my phone, but I can't promise I'll have reception where we are camping.
Come play Mafia with us!

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 4 - Ripples of thought
« Reply #328 on: May 26, 2016, 12:22:02 pm »

So, uh, I tried to gambit, and botched it in a sleep-deprived misordering of BHK.  Thought I was sending him to 292, but I swapped the numbers by accident.  Then no actioned, hoping to throw Persus off by leaving 180 undone.  End result: nobody did 292, and it's visually obvious nobody acted on Persus.

The scum did not act last night, at least, and really, the test isn't important.  We're on process of elimination with scum that can't kill us.

Two choices today, really: lynch TDS, who still has two players unmarked, or lynch one of the two remaining suspects.

I need my tea.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 4 - Ripples of thought
« Reply #329 on: May 26, 2016, 01:33:40 pm »

You can clear posts I've marked. I recommend it, actually, if it makes you think I am less of an arsonist.

Jack A T: We have enough days left to lynch both suspects (and don't worry, if I was evil you'd have time to lynch me too), so here's my plan: Lynch Persus today and fillipk tomorrow. People in the town still win if they die, so even if Persus is mislynched he can still win.

(fillipk and BHK are the two people I haven't marked, correct?)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 29