Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: Corruption Mafia - Game over! Outsider TheDarkStar wins!  (Read 48918 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: Corruption Mafia - Day 1 - Ripples in the Mindscape
« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2016, 03:40:28 pm »

Because it would be better to clear other people.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2016, 03:57:05 pm »

...why?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2016, 04:08:59 pm »

Desciple of Iron Will.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2016, 04:11:23 pm »

Also Extend. I don't want to be rushed by the day ending tomorrow.

Mafia and SKs don't want to get lynched either, I don't see the point you're trying to make in that.
Saying its his fault for something that isn't scummy is like saying its someone's fault you murdered someone because they were wearing a red shirt. Its passing the blame onto someone else instead of explaining why you took the path that you did. I asked you why you were willing to vote O. Wilde and were willing to lynch him, not "how can you make this look like O. Wilde's fault and my vote look like an act of God."

In the random voting stage, drawing attention onto yourself by counting numbers down for no reason? That worked, but not in the way he expected.
So, why is it scummy?

Scum tend to fake lurking so that they don't have to contribute towards the town hunting themselves.
Really. I've rarely seen this to be the case. How often has this occurred in your experience? And why O. Wilde over anyone else who was lurking just as much as he was?

And I'm honestly just interested in why you're approaching me about this over flabort. I'm going to naturally assume, that if you see flabort's vote and refuse to acknowledge it, you're either tunneling me or buddying with flabort. I'm assuming it because I have zero inclination to think otherwise from the context I have.
Flabort justified his actions shortly before O. Wilde was lynched. You didn't. I know flabort would view my vote of him as the pressure vote it was. I had no idea how you'd react to my attempts to pressure you in the first post of D2. Where did I "refuse to acknowledge flabort's vote?" Why should I feel obligated to ask him what happened when he's already clearly laid out his case against O. Wilde? There's a lot of possible reasons why I chose you to interrogate and not flabort.

Why haven't you done anything besides defend yourself against me and try and deflect me onto flabort? If you're suspicious of him, why don't you vote him? If I'm so suspicious for ignoring flabort, why don't you vote me? I want you to do something productive today.
I voted O. Wilde because of his counting and (lack of) behavior. It was a safe lynch for D1, no claims, no counterpoints, and hardly any defense. Did you have a better idea of who to vote?

Counting down isn't necessarily scummy in the definition of determining mafia, but I've seen crazier third party win conditions. Add in the fact that I had just been told that the role list wasn't definitive, aaaand... he gets booted out of the Mindscape.

I've seen fake lurking fairly often, enough for me to use it as evidence on my end. O. Wilde was a special case due to his activity level and the counting, which misled me and others. It was, in hindsight, a bad vote, but no lynching D1 tends to be a Bad Thing™ for town.

I'm considering your possible reasons to be nonexistent until you state them.

Why am I not voting you? The town doesn't want to randomly lynch you, and neither do I.

Now, Jack A T. The scum team or any non friendly thirds would probably not have come to that conclusion, but now they don't have to since you told everyone. Amazing work on that.

I'm going to look for other posts of interest, and comment on those.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2016, 04:40:49 pm »

Desciple of Iron Will.
OSG: From what we've seen and what we know about the possible roles, it's still a good idea to get rid of corruption wherever it stands, even if only to slow its spread.

Well yeah, I wasn't collecting corrupted posts for shits and giggles.
Deus: Excellent.

Now, Jack A T. The scum team or any non friendly thirds would probably not have come to that conclusion, but now they don't have to since you told everyone. Amazing work on that.
BHK: Never before have I seen a FoS built on the assumption that the suspect is town.  I would really love to see the logic behind this.
Anyway, what makes you so sure that the informed minority, having far more information than town does, would not have managed to figure out the obvious?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2016, 04:51:16 pm »

BHK: Never before have I seen a FoS built on the assumption that the suspect is town.  I would really love to see the logic behind this.
Anyway, what makes you so sure that the informed minority, having far more information than town does, would not have managed to figure out the obvious?
They have more information to sort out. Nobody needed to know Deus's role, so at best, you've given us superfluous info, and at worst, you've given information to the scum. You're pretty townlike, yes, but it still warrants a FoS, for later.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2016, 04:55:44 pm »

BHK, what would an FoS achieve 'later'?

OSG, you're honestly making me think that you're scum and would die if you get posts completely purified, but I don't think you'd be that blatant.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2016, 05:09:17 pm »

I still don't understand it, BHK.  Am I to understand that you think my action was suspicious because it would be pointless for scum to do it, but could potentially help utterly clueless scum if non-scum did it?  What reason does scum have to do it, if scum doesn't benefit from doing it?  The only scum motivation you've given depends on me, well, not being scum.

Also, I can tell you one town role that would want to know Deus's role: Flowing River.  You've read the role list.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2016, 05:27:48 pm »

BHK, what would an FoS achieve 'later'?
I don't entirely trust Jack A T, and if something happens that would justify a lynch against a scum Jack A T, I'd have the FoS there to display me building a case instead of a sudden vote, which, if Jack is scum, is bad for the town.
I still don't understand it, BHK.  Am I to understand that you think my action was suspicious because it would be pointless for scum to do it, but could potentially help utterly clueless scum if non-scum did it?  What reason does scum have to do it, if scum doesn't benefit from doing it?  The only scum motivation you've given depends on me, well, not being scum.
I didn't see how Deus was the Wellspring until you revealed it. I also don't think it's a wise idea to out roles like that. I don't understand the rest of what you've said. How does my asserted motivation rely on you not being scum?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2016, 06:03:00 pm »

BHK: Scum has a bloody quicktopic.  They are always communicating in private, sharing their information in private.  Sharing information among themselves in public is very much sub-optimal play.  Suspecting me of having tried to share harmful information with the scum through the thread only works if I do not have access to the scumchat.  That is, if I am not scum.
I didn't see how Deus was the Wellspring until you revealed it.
You did at least see that there's only one known role that purifies and that it only purifies its own posts, right?
I also don't think it's a wise idea to out roles like that.
When all that's necessary for determining the role is to read the public role list and be even vaguely aware of what is going on in the game, and when there is a town benefit to be gained from quickly coordinating actions so that the purification spreads, it's wise.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2016, 06:09:30 pm »

BHK: Scum has a bloody quicktopic.  They are always communicating in private, sharing their information in private.  Sharing information among themselves in public is very much sub-optimal play.  Suspecting me of having tried to share harmful information with the scum through the thread only works if I do not have access to the scumchat.  That is, if I am not scum.
I didn't see how Deus was the Wellspring until you revealed it.
You did at least see that there's only one known role that purifies and that it only purifies its own posts, right?
I also don't think it's a wise idea to out roles like that.
When all that's necessary for determining the role is to read the public role list and be even vaguely aware of what is going on in the game, and when there is a town benefit to be gained from quickly coordinating actions so that the purification spreads, it's wise.
Well. Forgot to remember that.

That I certainly see, but unless I missed Deus purifying a post ( which would be pretty hard to see D2 ), there was no information pointing towards that. Maybe I skimmed over something?

Odds are the Corrupters have tricks that'll have the actions of a small mafia team be able to contend with coordination from the town, which is probably proven by the sheer amount of corruption in the course of one day. Even with coordination, the time it'll buy us is marginal. But time is important, which is why I agree with you on that.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2016, 06:19:07 pm »

That I certainly see, but unless I missed Deus purifying a post ( which would be pretty hard to see D2 ), there was no information pointing towards that. Maybe I skimmed over something?
BHK: Ah.  As was noted by Persus at the start of D2, Deus's Post 36 was moved one step towards purity last night.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2016, 06:21:53 pm »

You can purify me if you want, but it would be better spent on others. I can tank quite a bit of corruption.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2016, 07:00:26 pm »

OSG, have you read the overview of roles in the OP?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 15, 2016, 01:41:54 pm »

Yes. Why?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29