Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28

Author Topic: Maiden Voyage of the HMS Gareth, RTD,  (Read 26150 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Maiden Voyage of the HMS Gareth, RTD,
« Reply #315 on: May 19, 2016, 10:26:01 pm »

Devan merely gestures negatively as he walks off.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 19, 2016, 10:28:07 pm »

She frowns sadly at the loss.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 19, 2016, 10:32:26 pm »

Devan's head appears around the corner momentarily.

"If anyone tries to enter my quarters, their life is forfeit. I'll tell the cat you are delicious tuna."

He vanishes again, heading to his quarters.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 19, 2016, 10:33:48 pm »

Candygal quietly takes some hot chocolate finds a cup and places the hot chocolate outside his door before returning.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 20, 2016, 03:54:25 am »

"So .... about that bandage then?"

if no one actually bandages my hand, do it myself.

"Same ol' crew. heh. I wondere what tomorrow will bring. or this evening for that matter. I wonder what  that fish tastes like, and if the cat will like it."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 21, 2016, 02:42:10 pm »

((sorry, back))

"Sorry captain. I would like to help you and bandage your hand, but it would probably go horribly wrong. I don't mind sharing quarters with the cat though if he wants to. I like cats. I think they like my smell. Shall I carry on with the map and all that?"

Check our heading and that we are still going where we were planning several pages ago. Then go and feel sorry for myself.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 21, 2016, 02:47:29 pm »

"Think nothing of it, Jackson. There's a good lad. Keep us on course. More adventures lie ahead!"

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 23, 2016, 11:13:34 am »

Great Leech Bay

((sorry, back))

"Sorry captain. I would like to help you and bandage your hand, but it would probably go horribly wrong. I don't mind sharing quarters with the cat though if he wants to. I like cats. I think they like my smell. Shall I carry on with the map and all that?"

Check our heading and that we are still going where we were planning several pages ago. Then go and feel sorry for myself.

The ship is right on course for Great Leech Bay.

"So .... about that bandage then?"

if no one actually bandages my hand, do it myself.

"Same ol' crew. heh. I wondere what tomorrow will bring. or this evening for that matter. I wonder what  that fish tastes like, and if the cat will like it."
Nobody does. You bandage the wound as best you are able.

Devan takes the weaponry back to his quarters. He spends some time tempering the blades, sorting the arrows, and making adjustments to the armor so that there is one piece of armor for every crew member, minus the two animals: That Bloody Cat and the quartermaster. He doubted that no matter how hard he tried, no normal suit of armor would fit that dangerously tall individual, nor did he care about her wellbeing.
Techiness: 3

You harden the blades and convert the tallest suits of armour into scrap. Only four suits of armour remain, once you've finished making adjustments. How unfortunate.

Make my own godamn armor out of candy and weirdness also looks around see what I might recognize after fixing any wounds use the caramel to help.
Book learning: 6
You recall a brief discussion about how armour is made that you had with a a blacksmith.

Weirding: 6
And disappear into your cabin for an hour. When you come out, you are wearing a suit of shining, perfectly made peppermint candy armour, white and gold swirling across masterfully sculpted hardened sugar. The craftsmanship of the leaping dragon crest on the helm is unparalleled, the carefully chiselled jaws around the visor majestic and terrifying. You resemble a creature created by the gods, every inch of your body defended by flexible jointed sheets of peppermint, complete with gold-lined gauntlets and knee-high boots.

A brief bit of experimentation confirms that the armour is hard enough to punch through wood with without a scratch, and has such excellent impact compensation that you barely feel it.

Using the journals notes, materials on hand, and memory, compare the force at which the steam compressing device memorized before to propulsion by black powder as I manufacture the design.
You make a reasonably powerful version of the device. It couldn't really compete with gunpowder, unless you had a source of very highly pressured steam. What it could do would be to make any steam-powered device a lot more efficient.

That Bloody Cat continued munching dead peacock.
Mmm... peacock. Nearly out of peacock, except for the scientifically inedible parts (throat, wing, weird bit on the chest, tail, some of the stomach, the non-scrumptious segment of the brain, and those slightly tough bits on the legs.)

The Gareth sails along into Great Leech Bay. Instead of the menacing giant the name suggests, however, there are only a few large cruise-ships, crowded with various unidentifiable figures. The ships are circling about, about a point which happens to lie on the shortest path between you and your destination.
One wheel short of a wagon

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 23, 2016, 11:36:48 am »

"HEY GUYS LOOK!"
Candygal is posing heroically  in her armor  the majestic  Ray's encompassing her making her shine the marvelous and sturdy craftsmanship apparent on her armor and the toothy grin she sports could be seen perhaps by the gods themselves.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 23, 2016, 11:47:19 am »

Octavius walks from below to the main deck, mumbling all the way.
"Ammoless won't work... perhaps cartridge design? Could have a steam compressor installed on the ship..."
Octavius catches a glimpse of the Quartermaster and immediately stops whispering about his designs.
"Could just- ... How in, I don't..."
"Weapons Officer?! Weapons Officer!!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 23, 2016, 01:24:00 pm »

Devan dashes out of his quarters, scowling when he sees the quartermaster.

"Fancy piece of work; also, useless. It will dissolve the moment it touches saltwater.

Still... colour me impressed.
"

He walks to stand beside the first mate, whispering quietly to him.

"This individual's abilities to defy the confines of physics continue to amaze me, and worry me; if we keep defying the laws of the universe, the universe will eventually strike back.

On a different topic, I have something to discuss with you.
"

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 23, 2016, 01:36:36 pm »

Octavius frowns a bit.
The craftsmanship made me assume you made the armor. I guess not. What have we to discuss?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 23, 2016, 01:53:08 pm »

"I had no part in that abomination.

Anywho... my idea was a trade. I shall lend you my pneumatic cannon, lil Josie, and you shall borrow unto me your book... errr... notebook thing.

I shall read through the interesting parts and mark any chapters for review which seem to have interesting information. I can glean information off of this for future projects and upgrades to the cannon. You shall be able to examine the inner workings of the cannon. Don't be afraid to take it apart. I can re-assemble lil Josie. Just... don't entirely turn her to scrap metal. My diagrams only go so far, and I haven't saved them all.

Does that sound agreeable?
"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 23, 2016, 01:58:44 pm »

"Fancy piece of work; also, useless. It will dissolve the moment it touches saltwater.

"

"This individual's abilities to defy the confines of physics continue to amaze me, and worry me; if we keep defying the laws of the universe, the universe will eventually strike back.

"

"

"
"I'm  confident it will  hold up I am the candy maker here."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 23, 2016, 02:17:08 pm »

"And I'm a person who understands basic physics and logic.

Don't go swimming with it. Don't go swimming with ANY armor, actually.
"
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 28