Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28

Author Topic: Maiden Voyage of the HMS Gareth, RTD,  (Read 26162 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Maiden Voyage of the HMS Gareth, RTD,
« Reply #270 on: May 16, 2016, 03:43:46 pm »

The captain takes nautical charts, if any, jewelry, if any, and anything that looks steampunk - those exotic items we have a skill slot for, if any. (Edit: oh, and any yummy treats for That Bloody Cat. Amke these a priority, if they exist) Then, let's gtfo and head to our destination.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 09:12:02 pm by Ozarck »

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 16, 2016, 03:48:16 pm »

The First Mate scours the ship for hand-weaponry parts, tools, and anything... weird looking.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 19, 2016, 12:55:45 pm »

Approaching Great Leech Bay

Devan boards with the captain and takes everything, regardless if it's tied down or not.
We'll assume you get... thirty gold coins, six shoddily made crossbows, 300 shoddily made bolts, ten shoddily made cutlasses, three fine cutlasses, two ballistae, and five suits of medium armour. Any more would probably slow the Gareth down.

Feed the kid delicious candy.
The child not responding much, you force candy into his mouth. Probably daydreaming, or in shock, or something. Kids do that.

The captain takes nautical charts, if any, jewelry, if any, and anything that looks steampunk - those exotic items we have a skill slot for, if any. (Edit: oh, and any yummy treats for That Bloody Cat. Amke these a priority, if they exist) Then, let's gtfo and head to our destination.
A nautical chart showing the way to the "Superbly Important Volcano Lair of The Piratical Bureaucrat Council" contains land formations and countries you don't recognise at all. Pretty well presented and annotated though. You see some rings of human bone and bloodied wood with runes and stuff, but can't tell what's actualy weirding material, and what's just the Hannibal-Lecter qualities of your foes. There's far too much weird shit on this ship for the layman to pick out anything interesting, a state of affairs the foot-high piles of corpses and spiders webs of entrails strewn across the deck do nothing to improve. And as for technology, the Piratical Bureaucrats seem to have been far too busy fashioning stillettos out of pencil sharpeners to reinvent much of that.

Floating in a tub of water contructed from filing cabinets, you find a very much alive and mysterious fish, probably some form of piratical bureaucrat delicacy. A foot-long vaguely-aquatic thing the size of a dobermann, with rows of teeth, spines, armoured fins, and what look disturbingly like claws and tusks. Not your first choice, but all you have standing between the crew and a tuna-related crinme of passion are several dozen expensive peacocks. Looks like a risk you'll have to take.

Combat: 3

You get a nice long gash across your palm. Not to worry, it's not disabling, and the quartermaster will be able to pour something unexpected and painful over it. But you manage to tangle the thing up in a net and drag it onto the deck of the Gareth, where it waits sulkily and very much alive, clearly too malevolent to let a little thing like drowning stop it hurting someone.

The First Mate scours the ship for hand-weaponry parts, tools, and anything... weird looking.
Five shoddily made cutlasses, some more basic tools and scrap metal etc, and nothing of particular value. It's hard to tell with all the organs and other meat scattering the ship.

The crew also loots the princely sum of two hundred gold coins.

Everyone gets back onto the Gareth, and a few minutes later the hulking black vessel sinks. After a while, cries are heard from the cove, and several more ships begin to depart. But by then, your ship is already sailing away, a powerful young breeze come down from the Southern Belgrafian mountains trapped in the sails and fighting to get free. The wind spirit waltzes you swiftly across the Beglrafian Bathroom Scales, the achingly slow traders dawdling through Belgrafia's Bathrub in the distance looking on in envy as the Gareth skims across the water. So far, you've only been going for three hours, and it would normally take a whole day to get where you are.

One turn till you get to Great Leech Bay.

Spoiler: position (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 01:01:14 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 19, 2016, 01:13:42 pm »

Devan takes the weaponry back to his quarters. He spends some time tempering the blades, sorting the arrows, and making adjustments to the armor so that there is one piece of armor for every crew member, minus the two animals: That Bloody Cat and the quartermaster. He doubted that no matter how hard he tried, no normal suit of armor would fit that dangerously tall individual, nor did he care about her wellbeing.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 19, 2016, 01:17:24 pm »

Make my own godamn armor out of candy and weirdness also looks around see what I might recognize after fixing any wounds use the caramel to help.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:21:55 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 19, 2016, 02:00:02 pm »

Using the journals notes, materials on hand, and memory, compare the force at which the steam compressing device memorized before to propulsion by black powder as I manufacture the design.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 19, 2016, 04:43:21 pm »

That Bloody Cat continued munching dead peacock.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 19, 2016, 05:49:24 pm »

"Lads, Lasses, I consider that a success. We'll discuss divvying up the gold later. For now we'll put it in the lockbox. Cat! I have a violent fish for you! It got me a good one, right in the hand, but we were victorious and it awaits your inspection. it's not tuna, but it is a piratical delicacy! You will probably like it a lot!

Onward Crew! onward to profit and adventure!

Quartermaster! I could use another bandage."

the captain places the monetary loot in the valuables chest in the captain's quarters and begins pondering the proper distribution of loot amongst the crew. Percentages and all that. Meanwhile, Desmond also examines both our standard nautical chart, and the new one, spreading them both out on the map table in the captain's office/quarters and humming as he checks the weather, the course ahead, and the new chart for possible clues to the locations.

I am quite satisfied with that turn.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 19, 2016, 06:12:21 pm »

"I advise against going to the quartermaster for medical treatment. Try the first mate; he seems like an intelligent and trustworthy man. Meanwhile, the quartermaster is making candy armor.

Just my suggestion.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 19, 2016, 07:17:56 pm »

"Shut up prick I know what I'm doing!"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 19, 2016, 07:55:52 pm »

"Well, no you don't really. But a bandage is a bandage. Someone bandage my hand already!"

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2016, 08:02:42 pm »

I am many things, an innovator, a first mate, an engineer, but I am decidedly not a doctor, Weapons Officer.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 19, 2016, 08:03:04 pm »

Candygal just looks disappointed and a little  hurt upon hearing that.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 19, 2016, 08:05:00 pm »

".... fuck me. Captain, would you like me to administer the treatment? Normally I'm better at MAKING the wounds... but I have picked up a few things that might be useful through my....

experience....
"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2016, 08:06:40 pm »

"I can treat wounds I'm not stupid and I've done this stuff before I lived mostly alone after all."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 28