Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: Maiden Voyage of the HMS Gareth, RTD,  (Read 26226 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Maiden Voyage of the HMS Gareth, RTD,
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2016, 12:23:34 pm »

Devan heads to Octavius's room. He doesn't bother to knock.

"I have ensured the security of the cargo. I think a pea-cock is missing. Any idea... where it might have gone?

Oooh. What is that? It looks deliciously informative.
"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2016, 02:59:00 pm »

Octavius assumes it's Devon, and starts speaking, looking over the chapters in the book.
A Peacock shouldn't be missing, but I assume it hasn't gone far. As for the book, a man hefted it into a pile of trash on my way to the warehouse. I kept it. From what I've seen from gleaning a few pages, It's a journal that's passed through quite a few innovators before ending up with me. As you can see, it has a somewhat... unique looking table of contents. Any recommendation for what chapter we should glean first?

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2016, 03:28:09 pm »

"Try five, then eight, then six. The others look like some idiot wrote them. Half of them were written by a religious organization, who would probably embellish details to make it seem like their deity was behind it all. The other half have words in them that don't even exist. These ones SEEM scientific, I suppose?

Well, I'll forget about the peacock. Why not have the quarter-master maintain them? She's useless if she doesn't. I'll be in my quarters, setting my tools up. Swing by soon. I'll need some help constructing the reloading station for Lil Josie, and I'm sure it will provide you useful knowledge about the workings of the pneumatic cannon.
"

Devan makes his way to his quarters.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 03:31:19 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 22, 2016, 03:30:37 pm »

(((Hahahahahahaha I hope you like knee-deep for a 9ft1 person amount of lolipops filling your room))
Candygal chuckles.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 22, 2016, 03:31:46 pm »

((I have a solution in mind. It involves three things: Pea-cocks, your candy, and later, some ridiculously obese pea-cocks))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 22, 2016, 03:33:19 pm »

((Awesome can't wait to see his salt))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 22, 2016, 03:33:48 pm »

((I actually have a different plan centered around salt. Not for the candy, of course. You'll see :P))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 22, 2016, 03:38:42 pm »

((Honestly when I made candygal I dident expect her to get mad and she'd just be a very relaxed person but she ended up taking over my mind and now she's a  much smarter character a lot less child like then I planned.))

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 22, 2016, 03:44:31 pm »

Turn to chapter six, and look for a schematic to reproduce using the tools on hand.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 22, 2016, 06:02:08 pm »

That Bloody Cat stared at its kill. Oh yes... oh yes. Wonderful. The rest of the peacocks could wait for the moment... That Bloody Cat had eating to do.

That Bloody Cat drags the peacock corpse underneath a bed and digs in.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 22, 2016, 08:25:31 pm »

Arc order's all crew to MAN THE DECK! none of this silly faffing about, we have a ship destroying channel to navigate in an old, clunky tub, carrying gold, peacocks, and murder.

"Lad! why would you navigate us into this? We're not a viking longship! This is a route for sleeker ships, boy! I oughta sell ya to the navy! Ahahahahahahahah. I wouldn't of course. But we're all dead now, so you might wish I had! Ahahahahahahah!"

Once the silly lot man's the deck and makes all due preparations, head inward, using every ounce of my seamanship, along with whatever scraps of such that the others have, to not die.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 22, 2016, 08:27:13 pm »

Octavius picks up the book and turns to Chapter 6, reading and walking onto the deck.
...yes... ...right... ...to the deck...

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 23, 2016, 01:55:56 am »

"Devan! Get yerself to the deck if you value your hide! Else the mermaids arrrr gonna eat ya! You there! tall girl, where'd you go? Get up here and hoist a sail! Octavious, mind the boom! don't want swerpt overboard into that! Boy! On the prow!Gimme directions! point out the obstacles! teh ones we might hit! I SEE the cliffs, boy, point out the stuff in the water!

Where's That Bloody Cat?!"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 23, 2016, 05:35:58 am »

Devan comes bursting from below deck. He is furious.

"MY GODDAMN ROOM IS FULL OF CANDY. IT'S UP TO ME KNEES. I demand vindication."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 23, 2016, 10:00:52 am »

Arc stares at Devan for three solid seconds.

"Fine, you can have her room. I don't care, just help me steer this floating brick so it doesn't decide that maybe it should explore uncharted clam countries below the waves instead of above them!"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28