Twice Weekly, skipping combatants who haven't posted
- 0 (0%)
Weekly, waiting on combatants
- 0 (0%)
Weekly, skipping combatants who haven't posted
- 1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Perplexicon Apocalypse: TV's best Perplexicon show! Turn 9: Empty Waitlist  (Read 26446 times)

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

"Nothing but death awaits you here, and I shall be it's messenger!"
Point in Cardio. Introduce John Dee's head to the floor. Check if I could conceivably lift the gold cube. If it was large enough to crush both legs, it probably weighs at least three tons.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 12:33:41 pm by DreamerGhost »
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Will both birds towards Khaziraad. Use PM'd words on space where Khaziraad is. Not really a problem if I'm there too.

"You won't live to see the end of this, wretch!"
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:51:20 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

((My rubber form isn't in the status))

"Awesome! Like, awesome! Thanks, David! Now let's do some more science!"

2 separate words. If the first word succeeds, do the second, if it doesn't, do the first again.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

Escape to Ocean room. Begin research, 4 separate words.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Curses, I'm one down already. I'll have to make up for lost time once I get out I this mess.))
Keep up with the paddling, you'll get there eventually.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile

((You will be two down in a moment, unless RNG choses to completely smite me.))
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ow. That hurt. But injuries like that are no reason to stop science-ing. 3 separate words.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile

"Awesome! Like, awesome! Thanks, David! Now let's do some more science!"

"My pleasure."

Scratch, rub, break, throw, and otherwise test the plastic John Smith summoned last turn. Observe any unusual properties, and note anything strange about its summoning.

Then do four separate sciences.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, since Toaster hasn't replied yet, I'm gonna initiate my backup plan.

"No answer huh? Fine, freeze to death! Just don't bother me"

Assuming toaster doesn't come close to me, say two separate words in the name of science.

Obviously, I'll change this if Toaster reacts.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Ayup, I'm done.  That was funnish though.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile

Missing Toaster, I'll do the turn in an hour or two if he doesn't show up.
How does
Quote from: AI Thrakor
Try to find way up again
sound?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to make him my ally!

Also, I don't think it would be smart to take him to the insanity room. He would be defenseless.

How about:
Quote from: Ai-Toaster
Perform science with two random words
(You can then PM him what those words are when he comes back)

I know you don't do random words but would you make an exception for a bot?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I want to make him my ally!

Also, I don't think it would be smart to take him to the insanity room. He would be defenseless.
That's not which room is above the polar room.

He does still have some words from last turn he wanted said, so I'm going to go with getting him to try to go up a floor and say those words.

Anyways, making turn now.
The Cyan Menace

flabort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Point in Cardio. Introduce John Dee's head to the floor. Check if I could conceivably lift the gold cube. If it was large enough to crush both legs, it probably weighs at least three tons.
Will both birds towards Khaziraad. Use PM'd words on space where Khaziraad is. Not really a problem if I'm there too.
(Khaziraad Speed: 2+3)
(John Dee speed:4+1-1)

(Khaziraad strength: 2+4)
(John Dee Dodge: 3-2-1)
(John Dee Will: 6)
(Voxel Pheonix aim: 4)
(Voxel Thermite condor aim: 1)
(Khaziraad dodge: 5+3)
(Khaziraad strength: 1+3)
(John Dee Endurance: 2-2)
Khaziraad grabs John by the hair, and lifts him up. John gasps and wills his minions to attack the mad-man, but when they dive, Khaziraad just side-steps them with ease.
He pushes John's head into the floor, which cracks open with a sickening gross splat. John's mouth opens to say some words;
(Definitely Dying: Endurance roll for every remaining action)
(John Endurance: 5-2)
(John Potential: 4+2)
(Khaziraad Endurance: 5+2)
(John Dee endurance: Autofail)
Pale white smoke appears, and explodes outwards, covering John Dee and Khazirad in firey hot shards and clumps of powdery grey and red thermite!
Some gets on John's bleeding waist, and in his brain-crack, and some glowing energy whisps out from his chest into Khaziraad's.
Khaziraad manages to not be incredibly burned, but it's painful enough to be very distracting.
(Covered in Burning Thermite: Roll endurance to avoid burns each turn, -2 to endurance against burns, -1 dodge)

"Those flames aren't going out any time soon, folks. Watch out for anything else possibly flamable!"
Escape to Ocean room. Begin research, 4 separate words.
Seeing how dangerous it is here, and remembering what happened during his last life, Dr. Daniel Wildes flees east and up the stairs.
He doesn't get far from the next set of stairs, though, there's a wall of water in the way, and he likely can't breath water.

(Dr. Wildes Potential: 2+3)
A cloud of pale white smoke gathers on the ground, and forms a cone with it's tip pointing up. It disipates into the air.

(Dr. Wildes Potential: 3+3)
Pale white smoke takes the shape of a table, which then disipates.

(Dr. Wildes Potential: 4+3)
Some more pale white smoke appears and takes the shape of something long, and sharp, with a short handle. A katana.

"I love this word! Swords are just awesome, OK?"

(Dr. Wildes Potential: 4+2)
A shape appears made of yet more pale white smoke, a large fat quadrupedal shape. It stands there staring into space, chewing on nothing, it's udders dangling for all to see. It's a cow!
Keep up with the paddling, you'll get there eventually.
(Corky Endurance: 3+2)
The lava continues to be very hot, and Corky fears his fingers might bilster.
(Corky Strength: 1+2)
He only manages to keep spinning his slab of pumice around in circles, though. He glares at the lava and at the nearby other pads of pumice, paddling franticly.

Ow. That hurt. But injuries like that are no reason to stop science-ing. 3 separate words.
(Steve Potential: 4+1)
Steve slips into a trance. He dreams of city streets in the dead of night, lit with bright neon colors. Every doorway, every sign, even the streets themselves, blink and flash in creative colors. He passes by people who have glowing neon piercings, and even neon on their clothes.
He wakes up and continues his science.
(Steve Potential: 2+1)
Pale white smoke appears and takes an oblong shape, with two eyes and a fanned out tail. And fins on it's side.
(Steve Potential: 2+1)
Steve has a vision of another street, far from where the other trance took place. The victorian Londan street is bustling with carts and carriges, most venting steam like crazy, the copper cogs connecting their engines to their wheels glistening in the sun. A mechanical man bumps into him, and he is woken up from his trance.

"Cameras online, finally. And he's just standing there with his eyes closed. Phooey."
2 separate words. If the first word succeeds, do the second, if it doesn't, do the first again.
Scratch, rub, break, throw, and otherwise test the plastic John Smith summoned last turn. Observe any unusual properties, and note anything strange about its summoning.

Then do four separate sciences.

Quote from: AI AbstractTraitorHero
Keep guarding
(Johnsmith Speed: 4+1)
(David speed: 5-1)
(Owain speed: 4)
(Tiebreaker roll: 5v3, David wins)

(Johnsmith Potential: 4)
Some rainbow colored smoke appears, and flashes. A lump of black material falls onto the ground, and splits in half on impact, creating a shattering noise.
It looks smooth, but on closer inspection, it seems to be made of a large number of black lumps that fit together. It smells faintly of rot, but also faintly like coal?

(Johnsmith Potential: 6+1)
Some pale white smoke appears and takes the shape of a large monkey; it's naked face turns to look at Johnsmith, and it starts silently screaming and jumping up and down - the movement causes it to quickly disipate.

David investigates the plastic stuck to the wall. Scratching it, it tears easily, being so thin, but the square of it he removes retains it's shape. It seems pretty light. Rubbing it on stuff doesn't seem to do anything, and folding it in half to break it just folds it, though it turns opaque where it was folded and it stays folded. Perhaps those are minor breaks reflecting the light that make it look opaque?
It throws about like one would expect, and bounces once, like one would expect from a thin piece of rigid plastic that got folded in half. It seems unremarkable except for how light it is.

(David Potenial: 4+3)
(David Will: 5+2)
David starts to glow with a white aura, and white stylized wings made of light appear behind him. They seem mostly for show, and don't respond to his will.
Neither does his own body. He starts to move towards Owain, steps being taken for him, but he focuses and forces the foreign presence out of his mind; immediately causing the aura and wings to dissapear.

(David Potential: 2+3)
(David Will: 5+2)
David again gains an aura, a mournful grey aura, and black sigils start to apear on his brow and arms. He feels them moving on their own again, making gestures and using his mouth to speak.
He focuses inward again to force the foreign force out, and succeeds before it says anything, causing the aura and sigils to vanish.

(David Potential: 3+2)
(David Will: 6+2)
A blue aura surounds David, and green lines of energy trace the surfaces of his skin. They tingle, and David feels another force trying to control his tongue.
He forces it out, maybe a bit too forcefully, because he almost feels his own soul slip free in the attempt. He's almost aprehensious to try the last word he had planned.

(David Potential: 6+2)
Some pale white smoke appears, and elongates. While doing so, a mouth forms at one end, full of several rows of nasty teeth, and two black beady eyes stare at David from just above and behind the mouth.
The tail becomes more formed, and thrashes about a bit, as the shark tries to bite into David, but it only succeeds in disipating itself.

Owain looks cautiously at David during this, and feels something strange in the pit of his stomach.

"Possesion is bad, contestants. Especially since we have three *static* and three *static* which all want to *static*"

Assuming toaster doesn't come close to me, say two separate words in the name of science.
(Robert Potential: 4+2)
Some pale white smoke materializes, and flashes into a bunch of styrofoam packing peanuts.

(Robert Potential: 6+2)
Robert feels a disturbance in the snow over his head.

"Our sponsors want to remind viewers that signing up to join Perplexicon Apocalypse is as easy as visiting a representative of *static* or asking for a contract through the mail."

Quote from: AI Toaster
Go up those stairs and say the words I sent last turn
(Thrakor Aim: 3)
Feeling his way along the wall, trying not to get frostbite in the proccess, Thrakor manages to reach the stairs upwards. He ascends into the Justice Room, and feels an oppressive weight like he is being judged for all his actions.
It vanishes after a second, and he says his words.

(Thrakor Potential: 5)
Several bars of pale white smoke rise up in a square shape around Thrakor, and a solid roof forms. It's a cage! But Thrakor just passes through the smoke and it disipates.

(Thrakor Potential: 3+1)
Thrakor feels his muscles bulging for a second, but the feeling passes.

A feeling that doesn't pass, though, is a strange feeling in his gut.

John Dee is dead!
A spot in the waitlist is reserved for NJW2000
DreamerGhost, you get another stat point
Redz Biltubacca spawns in the western potion of the spawn room.

The Map
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Status

Spoiler: Hawk132. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Whisperling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: heydude6 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FallacyofUrist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AbstractTraitorHero (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TopHat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DreamerGhost (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AoshimaMichio (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: H4zardZ1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 03:18:29 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

"David? Uh... David? You okay?"
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18