Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146482 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #525 on: July 06, 2016, 10:23:32 pm »

((Hey, I have a question. Can I transmute myself to light to travel to other places really fast?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: July 07, 2016, 01:38:20 am »

((Hey, I have a question. Can I transmute myself to light to travel to other places really fast?))

I don't think so. You see, that ability wasn't demonstrated by Hohenheim in either the 2003 or in Bortherhoood. While it would be really quick to do so, it cannot be done.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: July 07, 2016, 01:39:57 am »

((And you'd transmute your brain away in the process.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: July 07, 2016, 01:50:22 am »

That too. Also, while I'm here.
Wait to see what my Russian friends can do about Piratejoe.

The questions about discretion and collateral damage the Informant was asking weren't flavor text. They were legitimate questions you have to answer. It's just so that I don't send someone in with a silenced pistol when wanted someone with an LMG and a bomb strapped to their face. So...yeah, that.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: July 07, 2016, 02:13:40 am »

((Darn, so much for that. Thought I could loophole it because Hohenheim is a Philosopher's Stone and could theoretically just remake a body whenever he got to his destination. Oh well, I still have Alchemy. And if TCM and I end up duking it out, it should be interesting since now we both have forcefields. Not something I was planning on doing if my plan works, though.))

Make a durable long-distance teleportation device, along with a recall pad, through Alchemy. Then go help TCM at IHOP so we can talk. Help with Alchemy. Also have the conversation away from the locals.

"TCM, let me ask you something. Do you care about these people? I mean, do you truly want the best for them even though you had nothing to do with them before the Wiki Wars started? Because they may not survive all of this. Not just this first round, but the ones to follow. I have an idea that may save them, but I will need you to allow me the time to put it into action."
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 02:55:50 am by Beirus »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: July 07, 2016, 02:30:10 am »

((Couple of things. First, I'm not sure you could transmute the Philosopher's Stone, and even if you could, neither Hohenheim nor the Homunculi could so, yeah. Second, if you re-read the turn, you'll find that no one's building the IHOP, I'm taking the liberty to interpret TCM's action to man said IHOP as him building it with some help from loyalist construction crews. You can meet him at the build site so this is literally irrelevant, but that's still a thing.

Also, while I'm here, I though I'd show off what program I use to roll dice. http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm. See, when Bigger Fish said he had a problem with the dice, I thought he meant I was fudging everything, until I realized two things: that he meant his unlucky streak, and that I'm an idiot. Still, I thought I'd post the program I use, just to be on the safe side.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 07, 2016, 02:48:28 am »

((Missed that part of the turn. It's a good thing I have Alchemy, or building the IHOP would actually take significant time. I edited my action.))
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 02:57:42 am by Beirus »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 07, 2016, 11:11:20 am »

"What are you speaking of, Beirus?"

Beatles:Keep touring and being awesome. 
Abigail:Start work on that exposé!
British police, military, intelligence:Come on, do something.

whatchu doin tryna control npcs post mortem boi i c u

That too. Also, while I'm here.
Wait to see what my Russian friends can do about Piratejoe.

The questions about discretion and collateral damage the Informant was asking weren't flavor text. They were legitimate questions you have to answer. It's just so that I don't send someone in with a silenced pistol when wanted someone with an LMG and a bomb strapped to their face. So...yeah, that.

I recall that part of the turn although look back on it I'm still not sure what those questions were about exactly. Like, what about discretion and collateral damage?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: July 07, 2016, 12:36:27 pm »

@TCM: Basically, it comes down to things like NPC reactions, and PirateJoe's survivability. You can send anything, really, but it's more of what you want specifically? Do you want someone with a big gun and a bomb strapped to their chest shooting everyone in sight, and then detonating in PirateJoe's room? Perhaps, you want a person with a silenced pistol slipping into his room in disguise and shooting him? Maybe you'd want a sniper, or someone in heavy armor.

Basically, it boils down to this: do you want someone discrete without a lot of, or any collateral? Do you want someone non-discrete who'll cause a lot of collateral? Or perhaps, you want a mixture of the two? That's what I mean. Also, I don't want to send someone with a silenced gun if you want a sniper, for example. Sorry for being a bit wordy.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: July 07, 2016, 07:13:28 pm »

((New turn's coming very soon. Just waiting for TCM's response so I know what NPC to send during said turn.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: July 07, 2016, 08:16:45 pm »

A trained sniper would be good thanks.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: July 07, 2016, 10:28:59 pm »

"A safe place for the Rwandans, TCM. A home out of reach of these Wiki Wars. That is what I'm offering. I'll have to make the place first, but that shouldn't be too difficult with my Alchemy. Maybe some place in space, or on Mars, or maybe the bottom of the Marianas Trench. Somewhere that they will be safe from the potential fallout of these events."

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: July 07, 2016, 11:42:34 pm »

((...So that's what the vacuum suit's for. Alright, great to know.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: July 08, 2016, 05:21:56 am »

Chapter One: The Beginning
Match One: Deathmatch
Round 40: Beirus's Plans of Escape
Parliament, Rwanda
Mid Morning, Clear Skies, Date: 7/19/2016

TCM looks onto the screen, Crescent Rose still in his hand as he watches Cobra walk into Blackhawk, in his left hand carrying Fang, and in his right carrying BiggerFish's head, a trophy of the Soldier's. TCM relays that they need to come right back to Rwanda, making sure to add that they'll get a hero's welcome. TCM then responds to the Informant's questions, saying, "A trained, tactical Sniper. Someone with a silent gun. I want to get the drop on PirateJoe.". The Informant merely responds by saying that it'll be done. TCM says bye to his informant, before walking to a plot of land. He decides to build an IHOP by himself, with a loyalist crew to assist. [5+2 (Crew)] TCM makes great progress, or at least a good enough amount with the time he spent. The foundation is set up, and they begin laying bricks and mortar. TCM, overlooking the area, smiles. His plan is succeeding, and soon, he'll be the greatest king in African history.

Beirus has the final part of his plan in place. It's very simple, really. He's going to keep Rwanda's citizens safe, by any means necessary. One mean is a long range Alchemic teleport, which is exactly what he wants. [1+2] Due to several difficulties, including potential injuries and the calculations related to even getting such a thing to work, Beirus shelves that project at the moment, he may have to work on it later. Beirus then walks over to the IHOP build site, and decides to help TCM and the Loyalist Crew. [1+2] Beirus finds that he cannot seem to accomplish his alchemy correctly, which he finds very strange. Still, he waves TCM over, and calls him over to a spot where they can talk away from the locals. Beirus says, "TCM, let me ask you something. Do you care about these people? I mean, do you truly want the best for them even though you had nothing to do with them before the Wiki Wars started? Because they may not survive all of this. Not just this first round, but the ones to follow. I have an idea that may save them, but I will need you to allow me the time to put it into action.", to which TCM responds, with a voice of confusion, "What are you speaking of, Beirus?", to which Beirus responds with, "A safe place for the Rwandans, TCM. A home out of reach of these Wiki Wars. That is what I'm offering. I'll have to make the place first, but that shouldn't be too difficult with my Alchemy. Maybe some place in space, or on Mars, or maybe the bottom of the Marianas Trench. Somewhere that they will be safe from the potential fallout of these events.". TCM considers it, before asking when he can work on it, to which Beirus just responds with "As soon as I can, sir.", TCM nodding before walking back to his small crew.

Moscow, Russia
Mid Morning, Clear Skies, Date: 7/19/2016

PirateJoe sits down on his hospital bed, trying to see what he can do to escape, when a doctor walks in and examines Joe. [8] The Doc checks his wounds, and deems him alright to leave, provided of course he doesn't strain his body and tear the stitches. Joe leaves, before pausing a moment, annoyed at the fact that he could be ambushed at any moment, before continuing on. He walks to the Trans Serbian Railway, making sure to grab a ticket to Vladivostok on the way. He stays alert, trying to hear, see, or smell anything that could be a threat. [5] He can see a mysterious, hooded individual, but he cannot see if they're hostile. Deciding to stay alert, Joe hides in the crowd as he boards the train, which will be leaving shortly.

The Crew continue work on the IHOP, with TCM assisting the effort. [7+2 (TCM)] They manage to complete the actual building portion of the IHOP, and all they need is stock, a menu, and employees. TCM nods, giving them a thumbs up, before walking back to Beirus.

The Hooded Individual walks to a far off area, before pulling out a Scoped Mosin Nagant, and aiming into the train, specifically looking for PirateJoe. He finds him sitting down, and aims at him. [2+2 (Marksman) v 6] PirateJoe, purely preemptively, dodges the shot as the bullet smashes through a window, the passengers panicking as the train prepares to leave. The Hooded Individual checks it's ammo, before cycling the bolt and preparing to fire again.
--------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: July 08, 2016, 06:41:00 am »

Duck in cover, wait for the train to leave the station, and slowly crawl away from where i was seated to make it impossible for the sniper to simply shoot at the place i ducked at through the trains wall. My only hope to stop TMC isn't here and i wont be able to get to it if I'm dead.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 106