Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146468 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #495 on: June 25, 2016, 09:44:30 pm »

((Just throwing it out there on the off chance Cobra does get another natural critical +bonus against a critical fail, but a perfectly valid way to deal with bullets vs. Knife without breaking physics is for him to deflect or divert the trajectory of the bullets into TBF or someone else within probably a 60 degree cone from the point of deflection. Bullets are typically made of lead, after all, which is much more malleable than tempered steel, so they would be able to bounce off the blade.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 25, 2016, 09:45:16 pm »

((I don't think modern guns use straight lead bullets these days...?))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 25, 2016, 09:57:24 pm »

((The actual part of the bullet that is fired is lead, possibly covered with a thin copper jacket. Even with a copper jacket, it would still be softer than steel. Unless they used depleted uranium rounds or slugs, which as far as I'm aware are only for tanks and shotguns, respectively. But as far as handgun ammo goes, lead bullets with a copper jacket at most, unless they're hollow-points, at which point they would shatter and the shrapnel would fly directly into you with probably low penetration, if it penetrated at all and didn't just crumple upon impact.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 25, 2016, 11:55:29 pm »

@Beirus: I think most handguns use Hollow Point rounds, but I'm not sure. In any case, you learn something new everyday.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 26, 2016, 12:42:43 am »

((As far as I know, most police forces use hollow point rounds for maximum stopping power. They are meant to expand upon impact, increasing the bleeding and soft tissue damage to flesh. The flip side of that is that they fragment and break upon hitting anything more durable than them, since the center of the bullet is actually hollow to facilitate the expansion. They also don't have much penetrating power, since the kinetic energy from the bullet is transferred upon the first impact. If one of the cops happened to hit TBF by accident while aiming at Cobra, there would be virtually no chance of the bullet going through to hit Cobra. Just incase it comes up.

This informative segment has been brought to you by Beirus' Bullets. "They're what goes in your guns". *insert catchy jingle here*))

Use my alchemy to create a breathing apparatus, like a rebreather or even just a lower face mask, that uses alchemy to produce a perpetual supply of fresh air. I have a crazy idea.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 27, 2016, 11:28:06 am »

Cobra and Helicopter continue assaulting.

Russian Mafia continues to Mafia.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 28, 2016, 08:38:43 am »

Match 1: The Beginning
Gamemode: Deathmatch
Round 37: Snake vs. Fish
Essex, United Kingdom
Time: Early Morning. Weather: Light Fog. Date: 7/19/2016

BiggerFish clutches his arm wound, before he realizes something odd. BiggerFish says, "Hold on. Blades can't block bullets, can they?", only for his opponent, the appropriately venomous Cobra to to respond that they just broke. BiggerFish nods, and motions to the Beatles to stop the Chopper for a second with music. [7+2 (Pro Musicians)] Despite the Pilot's demanding they continue firing, the Elite Force stop their battle, and begin to sing along to "Imagine". Still, it'll only be a temporary distraction, but tearing away from a Beatles song is difficult. Cobra looks at his Blackhawk riding brethren, only to turn around to see BiggerFish holding his Kitchen Knife and Meat Cleaver. Fish dives forward, his Kitchen Knife held out to stab Cobra. [10 v. 4+3] The silver blade of the Knife finally stains red, as the blade jams into Cobra's stomach. It isn't the most dangerous injury, yet it is still bleeding. Yet, BiggerFish is not done, as while the knife is still in Cobra's body, he swings the Meat Cleaver at Cobra's head. [9 v 3+3] The Meat Cleaver slashes into Cobra's cheek, causing blood to squirt out in a disturbing manner. It still isn't a big cut, but when Cobra pulls his body off the blade in his gut, he sees his blood on the ground, and begins shaking violently again, a very sick grin on his face...

Parliament, Rwanda

TCM relays his orders to Blackhawk and Cobra, only to find that Cobra's bleeding and going insane, and the Elite Force is singing and dancing. TCM tries to get them back to their mission using his leadership. [1] It actually seems like the Beatles are playing loud enough that the Elite Force don't even pay attention.

Beirus, wanting to put his perfect plan in action, tries to transmute an Alchemic Re-breather, so that he can breathe when he uses his plan. [8+2] He creates an Alchemy based Re-Breather, that works on an automatic Transmutation. It runs on several channels, which transmutes the air into cleaner oxygen to make everything more simple then the average Gas Mask. Not only does it do that, but when Beirus transmutes it, it has a very large pocket of air, and with the automatic Transmutation, that means he has, essentially, near-unlimited air. Beirus is pleased with himself, and then he proceeds to plan out the next few steps.

Moscow, Russia

PirateJoe suddenly wakes up from his dream, the lush field being replaced by the cold steel of a Russian Ambulance, and two other people standing over him. One of the Paramedics walks over to him, and tries to dress his wounds a bit better. [1] Suddenly, the Ambulance swerves, causing some of the Bandages that were already there to slip, speeding up the bleeding out process. One of the Paramedics tries to fix the damage he caused. [8] The Paramedic manages to fix the wounds, thus keeping PirateJoe awake and alive longer.

Suddenly, pulling up behind the Ambulance is Andrei, who is driving his black Ford. Andrei fires out of his window, trying to spook the Ambulance. [7 v 9] The Ambulance swerves out of the way of the gunfire, which is what caused Joe's little accident. Andrei can be seen going absolutely mad with rage, as he speeds up to try to get to the Ambulance.

The Pilot of Blackhawk, looking incredulously at the Military Force singing along to Imagine instead of doing their mission. [2] The Pilot yells at them to do their job, but the Beatles' playing is so good, that they cannot resist. The Pilot, with an annoyed look on his face, calls up TCM and President Arendse to ask if they really have to stay, especially since they are still wanted by the Police and Military.

"Betrayed. Lost. No Gods or Kings. Kings don't exist. Wiki-Warriors...must die...".
Cobra suddenly screams in a rage, his eyes seemingly unblinking as his bleeding body charges at BiggerFish, with Fang clutched in his hand. [4+3+1 (Insane, Violent Rage) v 5] Fish screams out as Fang stabs into his cheek, Cobra slashing through Fish's cheek, before getting into a loose stance. Fish clutches his cheek in agony, before getting into his own stance.

The Two Soldiers take the distraction the Beatles have laid out, and they fire at Blackhawk itself, not the people inside. [4 v 8] The Pilot, otherwise known as the only sane person in the current battle, dodges the gunfire, before facepalming. The Pilot then asks the King and President that if they should stay there, that the Pilot fight as well.
------------------
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 28, 2016, 08:50:39 am »

@The Moonlit Shadow: Well, the people who fired the Hollow Points in game were police, but that is still a really interesting fact. Didn't know they were banned from Militaristic use.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 28, 2016, 09:42:18 am »

Attack!  Attack!

Then, uh, get behind cover if Cobra's dead!

Beatles:If they start shooting, get out of there!

British Military/Police:Could you maybe shoot the crazy person that's attacking me?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 09:27:50 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 28, 2016, 10:54:33 am »

Wait for the Russian cops to run Andrei off the road....or your normal everyday Russian driver to do that for the police, because Russian drivers are shit.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 30, 2016, 02:39:49 am »

Damnit, hope I didn't slow this game up too much.

Keep on fighting Cobra, a true Rwandan hero! Statues of you carrying TBF's decapitated head will be built in the Palace!

Helicopter team, keep shooting! Pilot, fight until TBF is gone from this Earth! Fuck the Beatles, the Rolling Stones never had to sell out! Shoot them if you have to, John's used to getting shot anyways!

If the Russian Mafia isn't putting in their work, see if my friends in Russia's shadowy Intelligence Department could provide me with some manpower in return for any "gifts" or "favors".

Palace Dance Party because why not.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 30, 2016, 02:57:46 am »

Use my Alchemy to make a skintight suit, able to be worn under my armor, that creates a stable area of pressure around me that would prevent negative effects from both excessive positive and negative pressures, even in vacuum.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 30, 2016, 03:33:49 am »

@TCM: Don't worry about it, you didn't slow anything down, really. Yeah, I was waiting for your turn, but I usually procrastinate, so you had plenty of time.

Also, I wanna say that the joke about John Lennon being used to getting shot was in poor taste, but to honest, I was going to use that joke at some point. Like, maybe a One liner saying, "I'm your biggest fan". Is that off color? Well, yes, but it isn't the real John, but at this point I'm rambling about a really dead person.

@Beirus: ...Even in vacuum? Okay, sure, I wanna see where this goes.

New turn's coming tomorrow, when I can get around to it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 07:31:22 am by Greatness942 »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: July 01, 2016, 12:19:02 am »

Turn may have to come tomorrow or the next day, due to some stuff happening. Nothing to worry about, really, but it will still delay the turn.

Also, I'm just wondering since I'm posting, how is the game so far? I ask because I'm sure it's alright as it is, but there's always room for improvement, as is the case for, well, everything.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: July 01, 2016, 12:34:13 am »

I like it a lot, there's the right amount of detail and action.

If I had one main issue, and this just me personally and may not reflect the opinions of other players, I'd say tone down the involvement of the people from the Wiki-Wars organization, like those reporters in the helicopter at the start of the game. It's fine for them to retaliate or get involved if a player directly provokes them, (I think TBF was purposely doing it in the beginning, going after their helicopter and what not) but I prefer them as an enigmatic, mysterious organization that only appears when truly necessary.
Then again, this is a minor thematic detail. The core gameplay, writing and systems are all solid.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 106