Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146471 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #510 on: July 01, 2016, 12:54:30 am »

@TCM: I suppose the Charon Channel people would be associated with Jess and Co., but I assumed that they were independent, just doing their job when they got pulled into the crossfire. Then again, Jess does have a company, the Warner Industrial Program, and you guys don't know everything about the Cult of Jericho, in fact, it's only the bare essentials of who they are. I suppose the CoJ are technically the Wiki War organization, and I don't know if they sent for the News Chopper.

After all the text, I appreciate a little critique. More will be known as time progresses, but the whole story of what's going on may take a while to do, so for right now, WIP and the Cult are, indeed, going to remain mysterious and enigmatic, it's just that people may find out more and more as time progresses.

Sorry if that seemed a bit corrective, but what can you do?  :)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 06:28:21 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 03, 2016, 04:19:41 am »

Chapter One: The Beginning
Match One: Deathmatch
Round 38: The Battle for Essex
Essex, United Kingdom
Time: Early Morning. Weather: Light Fog. Date: 7/19/2016

With all the blood on the rooftop, one would think this battle would be over, but with desperation in his eyes, BiggerFish disagrees. He clutches his cheek, which is now in half due to Cobra's insane attack. BiggerFish charges towards Cobra, both of his blades held out in order to cause as much damage as possible to the One Eyed Soldier. [7 v 3+3] BiggerFish's kitchen knife slashes Cobra's arm, the Soldier gasping as a bit more blood joins the puddles on the roof. [3 v 7+3] Despite the injury, Cobra still blocks the next strike by grabbing BiggerFish's arm, and judo throwing him. It doesn't do any more real damage, but BiggerFish is still in quite a bit of pain, gasping and grunting as he looks over to his allies, begging for help. Cobra looks at the crumpled form of BiggerFish, before looking to his allies in Blackhawk, and his enemies on the rooftop. He then laughs insanely, another sick grin on his face as he pulls his Shotgun out, BiggerFish's silent cry for help going non-silent as he begins yelling for help...

Parliament, Rwanda

TCM slumps into his chair, a bored and annoyed expression on his face as he watches his men sing along to Imagine, all the while the Pilot is practically screaming at them to continue the fight.  TCM stands up, his face contorted into what can only be described as "Calm Rage", as he orders them to get their jobs done! [5+The fact that he is literally King] The Elite Force suddenly scrambles back to position, aiming their guns back down at the Rooftop. TCM also orders the Pilot to fight as well, to which the Pilot sighs in contentment, before pulling out [5] the IMI Desert Eagle (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMI_Desert_Eagle) and landing Blackhawk on a nearby rooftop. The Elite Force piles out, before the Pilot gets out and, speaking to the R.I.S.E. Drone, says, "Glad you're giving me the opportunity, sir. My callsign is Black Hornet, in case you want to track me, and it would be best to, with all due respect sir.. TCM nods, and goes to order Cobra to finish his mission, but instead of a brief, whispered affirmative, he instead gets insane laughter. TCM, after hearing that, calls up his informants in Russia, asking for manpower in exchange for a possible favor. The Informant says two things. He asks how discreet he wants it, and they want [3] a gift of some men, perhaps highly skilled individuals around the skill level of the Elite Force. Once they receive the men, they'll send an "Eliminator" to finish Joe off.

Beirus, satisfied with his Re-Breather, decides to start the next stage of his plan by creating a skintight outfit that can survive in a vacuum. [3+2] It is capable of surviving a vacuum...for a short time. It won't last forever, meaning whatever Beirus is going to do, he has to do it quick! [2 turn limit on surviving in a vacuum.]

Moscow, Russia

PirateJoe lays down on a stretcher in a Russian Ambulance, having awoken from his wounds. While still laying, he looks through the windows on the back doors to find Andrei still chasing them down in his Ford, his Taurus Judge still in his left hand as he accelerates towards the Ambulance. Joe hears sirens, much quicker then ones in, say, Essex. A Police Car shows up, and they try to run Andrei off the road. [10 v 3] Andrei's car gets hit by the Cop Car, to which it spins out and crashes into some trees off the road. The Cop Car stops near the car, but Joe cannot see what happens, as the Ambulance parks at the Hospital. Joe is wheeled into a room at high speeds, and is attended to by a doctor. [3] The Doctor does the absolute best he can, but in a short timeframe, all it does is take longer to bleed out, and Joe feels a bit stronger. Still, he is getting proper healthcare soon, so he's pretty much good. Unless the Chessmaster himself has anything to say about it.

The Elite Force, despite having landed, are still trying to suppress The Beatles. They fire at John, Paul, George, and Ringo in order to get them to retreat. [9+3 v 10] With a few glancing shots, and a few bullet wounds in select feet and legs, the Beatles are sent running off the Rooftop, leaving through the Entrance.

Cobra, lording his shotgun over BiggerFish's form like he was parading around a large trophy, looks around, but finds, to his dismay, that Simon, Lauren, and the Military are all pointing their guns at him. [6 v 10+3] Cobra, deciding that breaking physics isn't the best idea in the world, dodges the rounds. [7 v 3+3] A bullet from the SA80 grazes Cobra's arm, skinning him. [1 v 1+3] Cobra then just barely dodges another round from the other soldier.

Cobra points his shotgun at BiggerFish, the Wiki-Warrior just lying there. [9+3 v 3] BiggerFish tries to roll out of the way, but after he finishes rolling, he collapses back to his knees, and in trying to get up, he suddenly finds that he only has one arm to support himself. BiggerFish looks up to see Cobra holding Fish's severed right arm, the sick grin on his face growing too wide, almost unhealthy.

Black Hornet jumps to a rooftop close to the battle's rooftop. He then points his gun at BiggerFish, ready to do his duty to survive. [9 v 7-2] A 357. Round suddenly penetrates Fish's chest, the man collapsing onto his back.

[7 v 9+3] Cobra hops out of the way of a kick, turning his head to see a Paramedic holding Abigail, who has her leg held out as though she was the one who kicked-...oh. In the distraction, another Paramedic tries to block the bleeding of the now missing limb. [8] He manages to stem and bandage the wound, keeping BiggerFish alive. He then tries to stem the other wounds' bleeding. [4] He is successful in bandaging the majority of the wounds, but the smaller cuts remain open, and the bandages may slip off if any more fighting occurs. The Paramedic then runs, trying to get his way to an Ambulance. [4] He gets to the Ambulance with BiggerFish, piling him in. A minute passes, before Fish asks why they aren't leaving, to which the Medic replies that they need to wait for Abigail and the other Paramedic. [2] They still don't show up, but the lack of gunshots means they probably aren't dead yet...
------------------
As time passes, the Sun hangs in the sky as the fog clears. It's the middle of the morning, and the clear sky doesn't match the trials of the Wiki-Warriors.
------------------
BSN: Actually, Fox News is more informative. It's just the information sucks.

1. I would just like to apologize for my last post being so rambling. Then, I'm going to apologize for editing it to apologize for being too corrective, even though I'm sure no one would offended by what I typed. Then, I'm apologizing for apologizing so many times. I can't help it, I'm apologetic.

2nd: I've actually trying to figure damage out at the moment. I feel like the system we have, where the bigger the number, the more damage it causes. I'm thinking of changing it so that damage is determined by subtracting attack and defense apart. If you don't agree with being Edward Elric'd, BiggerFish, just tell me. Though, given crits and realistic damage, it was either that, or pellet after pellet into your heart. Not trying to be mean, of course, I'm just asking if maybe the newer system might work better, or if I should keep it as is.

------------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
------------------
EDIT/ADDENDUM: 1st: I edited the post so I can move the In-Game clock. I am now making it official. After 6 turns, time will progress. I think that works.

2nd: Technically, for BiggerFish to be Edward Elric'd, he would have also lost his left leg. The reference I was going for is actually a spoiler from another show I love, so I went with the safer option. Dare to be spoilerific, unless said event only aired a few months ago.  :-\
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:44:51 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 03, 2016, 12:36:46 pm »

"Gah...May TCM be eaten alive by a plague of flying skeletal carp.  I'm sure he's behind this..."

Concentrate all my hatred into a curse upon Cobra and TCM.

A flying skeletal fish attack curse.  Or maybe just turning their blood into pure alcohol.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 03, 2016, 02:45:38 pm »

Or maybe just turning their blood into pure alcohol.

...Why didn't I think of that? I know that, as GM, I should be unbiased. But is it really biased to say that this is a cool idea?

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 03, 2016, 04:07:59 pm »

Or maybe just turning their blood into pure alcohol.

...Why didn't I think of that? I know that, as GM, I should be unbiased. But is it really biased to say that this is a cool idea?
Drunkenness intensifies.

Also continue to not die.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 04, 2016, 02:46:35 pm »

Cobra finishes off TBF with his signature Cobra Strike.

Helicopter goes after TBF as well, just to make sure.

Begin training new Elite Force for the Russians.

Open the first International House of Pancakes in Rwanda.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 04, 2016, 11:50:17 pm »

((Before the clock turns to 12:00 AM, Happy 4th of July! If you don't celebrate the 4th of July, then I still sincerely hope you had a great day! You may be wondering why I'm being optimistic instead of gloomy/sarcastic. It's simply because I'm happy that today didn't suck, which is the most I can hope for some days. Enjoy your night.))

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 05, 2016, 07:26:16 pm »

((Bumping up the thread, so that I can get around to saying that the next turn's coming when I can get to it, most likely tonight.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: July 05, 2016, 07:40:13 pm »

Use my alchemy to increase the duration of the vacuum proof effect on my suit.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 06, 2016, 03:52:29 am »

Chapter One: The Beginning
Match One: Deathmatch
Round 39: TCM's Plans of Victory
Parliament, Rwanda
Mid Morning, Clear Skies, Date: 7/19/2016

TCM agrees to the offer, saying that he'll train up some men for them, as much as he can train in a quick span of time. The voice on the other end of the phone is silent, before saying that that's fine, they don't really need a specific number, but then the voice once again asks about discretion, and also collateral damage. TCM merely replies that they'll negotiate that when the men are trained. He walks back over to the barracks, and brings forth around 30 men to train. [8] He manages to train a sizable amount, around [1d30=12] 12 brand new assassins, that TCM instructs to go to Russia, so as to meet up with the Informant and his men. The Assassins agree, and they go grab equipment that's better then the Elite Force. [3] They only get a standard loadout, and all of them have the same loadout. 12 Mossberg 500s, 12 Beretta M92As, 12 Frag Grenades, 12 Flashbangs, 12 Combat Knives, and 12 Kevlar Vests. As they go to a Military Helicopter to leave for Moscow, TCM gets a sudden burst of inspiration. He decides he's going to construct Rwanda's first IHOP! [3] Due to the civilians in Rwanda actually caring about the Wiki-War unlike literally everyone else on the planet, however, the people don't see much use in a new restaurant at the moment. Due to that, he can't amass a crew to begin construction. Hope isn't lost, however. Perhaps when the last 2 Wiki-Warriors are gone...

Beirus, while happy with his progress, is not happy with how his suit is working. Thus, he tries to re-transmute it to increase his suit's vacuum surviving capabilities. [5+2] He manages to increase the amount of time he can spend in a vacuum greatly. [Can survive 6 turns in a Vacuum] Beirus thinks about this, wondering if this'll work for his plan.

Moscow, Russia

PirateJoe stays awake as a team of doctors and surgeons surround him as he is quickly placed under anesthetic. [6] After around 30 minutes, Joe awakens to find a doctor standing over him. The Doctor talks to Joe, saying, "Well, Mr. Joe, you managed to pull through okay. It seems the shot to your prosthetic leg popped a vessel, so we managed fix things up. We also managed to heal your injuries. However, we're going to have to ask you to stay in the Hospital for a few hours at the least, and until tomorrow at the most. It'll depend on how patched up your injuries are.", to which Joe nods, before looking to his Kevlar Vest, silently wondering why it didn't stop Cobra's bullets...

Essex, United Kingdom

Staring at the bleeding stump that used to be his right arm is BiggerFish. Strangely, he isn't screaming in fear or yelling in pain. Rather, the Shapeshifting Wiki-Warrior is strangely calm, to which the Paramedic asks what's happening. BiggerFish merely responds with, "...R-revenge.", and at that moment, he sees another Paramedic carrying Abigail out of the building, running towards the Ambulance. BiggerFish sits up, and opens the door to let them in, before looking up to see Cobra. The One Eyed Soldier stares at BiggerFish, before shaking and laughing, the sound of insanity annoying the Wiki-Warrior. Cobra suddenly sprints forward, Fang held tightly in his hands and he charges. Smirking, BiggerFish holds his left hand out, waiting to catch the Soldier. [5 v 8] Cobra, having enough sanity to see that coming, ducks under his hand before sliding into the Ambulance. In desperation, BiggerFish tries again, [3 v 1] and manages to grip onto Cobra's arm, and while it is weak due to his injuries, it's strong enough to hold the Soldier. Cobra suddenly calls out, "W-what? Why isn't my defense activat-, before thinking it over, before saying, "...Oh, right. The whole "Kill all Wiki-Warriors" thing, my king's a-okay.".

Before Cobra can do his ultimate attack, he must first escape Fish's grip. [4 v 5] Cobra tries to pry his arm out of BiggerFish's grip, but finds that the Warrior, despite weakly holding on, still has a strong enough grip to hold Cobra. The Soldier merely shrugs, before switching Fang to his off hand. [10 v 1] BiggerFish's eyes widen, his hearing slowly turning to a mere ringing as he can see Abigail gasp, and then scream. Before he can even ask why, he becomes very aware of the violent pain in his skull. He looks up to see Cobra pull Fang out of his Skull, his sick grin finally calming for the first time since he saw Fish. Cobra then performs his Cobra Strike, a superman punch basically. Fish is punched out of the car, his vision slumping over to a person, or rather a large Dark Purple silhouette with glowing Purple Eyes. He sees the being walk over to him, before the figure crouches down and looks into BiggerFish's eyes. The Operator then speaks to Fish, saying, "Don't worry, kid. I'm sure you'll get avenged. The world doesn't hate you, be glad about that.", to which Fish merely smiles before his vision goes black, finally able to feel peace since the battle began...
BiggerFish's skull has been stabbed by Cobra! Despite Cobra's plans, he's still serving TCM at the moment, so TCM gets:
http://rwby.wikia.com/wiki/Ruby_Rose: +Crescent Rose (Scythe/Sniper Rifle 25/25, can morph between the 2 modes and can become compact. Scythe Mode can still fire the Sniper Rifle. 2 Magazines of Reserve Ammo.) +Aura and Semblance: Speed (Aura is like a forcefield, and it can also heal minor wounds. Aura has 100 hitpoints, and takes 1d20 damage. Aura losses are permanent during battle, but it recharges out of combat to full. A Semblance is activated with Aura, and takes 1d15 to use per turn. Ruby's Semblance, and thus TCM's, is speed, thus he is able to traverse vast distances in just one turn.)

TCM and President Arendse look through a computer screen back at Parliament, TCM suddenly gaining a Scyther Rifle as he sees BiggerFish's corpse on the ground outside of an ambulance. TCM sees Cobra take Fang to BiggerFish's neck before being distracted by the Ambulance pulling out of the parking lot. Imani then responds with, "Stop! Don't shoot at them, BiggerFish is dead. They can't harm us.", before turning to TCM. Imani looks at TCM for about a full minute before asking, "And, just what is that?, to which TCM responds with, "I think it's both a Scythe and a customizable high impact sniper rifle.", to which he turns to see Imani with a confused face. TCM then says, "...It's also a gun.", to which Imani nods his head...
---------------
BSN: I think you'll find that by the time this game reaches Chapter Double Digits, I still haven't run out of the things to open these with.

1st. BiggerFish is dead. Wow, I guess you deserve an apology for your string of bad luck, (I mean, who are you, Hawk? [/jk]) If you have a problem with your death, which is understandable though I can't really find anything, then that's fine. If you want to be waitlisted, that's also fine, and I really enjoy your actions, since they seem very creative with the tools you have. The Operator's last words to you might have been saying that things will get better, so...

2nd. Now I know what you're thinking, why did I give TCM a RWBY article, when most of everything in that show would kill everything in this game? Well, because I wanted to represent one of my favorite shows in this game, and that's the best way to do it. Besides, TCM can still be beaten. I know it probably won't be that much of a problem, but to the average PTWer or spectator, it may seem a bit cheap, though I did try to balance it quite a bit. Then again, OP is the name of the game, so, yeah. Just be thankful I didn't give TCM a Combat Skirt [/jk, but maybe not because that would be funny.]

---------------
Spoiler: piratejoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:02:45 am by Greatness942 »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 06, 2016, 12:45:00 pm »

I have a problem with your dice, but I don't see how I didn't die there.

That's not saying that enough DETERMINATION couldn't pull me back, eh?

Waitlist me.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 06, 2016, 01:17:45 pm »

Wait annoyed at the fact that Rwanda goons can rush at me in a attempt to murder me, the second i get out of the hospital get on the first train to Vladivostok via the trans Serbian railway, stay alert ready for combat at a moments notice, also sing a few weird al songs like she drives like crazy, just cause i can
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 01:19:42 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 06, 2016, 01:39:48 pm »

Get Cobra on the Helicopter and see if they can't escape back to Rwanda.

Wait to see what my Russian friends can do about Piratejoe.

Go man the IHOP in the meantime while waiting for things to happen.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: July 06, 2016, 07:33:57 pm »

I have a problem with your dice, but I don't see how I didn't die there.

That's not saying that enough DETERMINATION couldn't pull me back, eh?

Waitlist me.

That's a relief, I honestly didn't know what your reaction would be. You did have a huge unlucky streak near the end, but maybe next match will change that, eh? You are now, officially, waitlisted.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 06, 2016, 07:36:16 pm »

Beatles:Keep touring and being awesome. 
Abigail:Start work on that exposé!
British police, military, intelligence:Come on, do something.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:38:02 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 106