Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146410 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2016, 07:10:26 am »

((Just noticed you forgot about my +1 to writing.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2016, 07:30:15 am »

@Hawk: Like I said, tired. Sorry. I'll make sure to keep that in mind next turn. [jk]I don't need to be told I suck, I'm perfectly aware.[/jk]

EDIT: Well, alright then.  :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:49:23 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2016, 07:41:16 am »

((I ain't even mad. No reason to be sorry.))

((EDIT: I'd be annoyed if that +1 was the difference between victory and death, though. Or finishing a book and not finishing one.))
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:24:32 am by Hawk132 »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2016, 11:32:35 am »

"Let's go!"

Continue to hurry the pilot, shoot a Panzershreck rocket at Digital Demon.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2016, 03:23:47 pm »

Have Aswell help me pray to God to avenge that fallen Rwandan soldier and to protect the other soldiers.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2016, 11:37:16 pm »

Match 1: Deathmatch
Round 10: Extraterrestrial Execution
Sleepy Village, Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan
7:40 PM, Overcast

Hawk walks over to the papers, which have landed near a keg of wine. Grabbing the pages, Hawk walks back to his writing place and continues his book. (4+1) While he has finished the book, it's only half as good as he wants it to be. The book's great, but the pacing's a bit rushed, and not much time is spent world building, which could leave new readers a bit confused at first. The book is about an advanced alien society, who send abducted human sleeper agents to disable the world's governments. Suddenly, Hawk doubles over in pain, awakened memories flashing before his eyes. He sees his abduction, his indoctrination, and his mission. As he rises to his feet, a large booming voice emerges from the heavens, all of the warriors and their allies stopping in their tracks. "Humans! This is the leader of the Zartheth. We have awakened our local agent. If Agent D-20-Omega, or Hawk as you know him as, is harmed or killed in any way other than by accident, suicide, or honorable 1 on 1 combat, Sleepy Village will be destroyed, transformed into a smoking, fiery crater. This will be true unless D-20-Omega completes the mission we have given him. His mission is the same as you have assumed. He. Must. Win.". The Zartheth then send a pod to Hawk's abode, containing Power Armor. (5) The Power Armor appears to be a futuristic, yet Human Exoskeleton. The Exoskeleton has no obvious weapons, but it does have a Zartheth Forcefield, capable of taking some punishment. ((OOC: Essentially, it has 50 HP. Each attack will take 1d10 of damage off of the forcefield. Once disabled, you take normal, realistic damage again.))

DigitalDemon, proud with his victory, infuses the blood with water to create an Ice Golem. (5) The Blood-Ice Golem is only the size of a Human, around Adult age, but it exists. The Golem attempts to forcibly break up the conflict between the Militia and the Rwandan Military. (6 v 5) A single member of the mob getting a shard of ice through his ankle is all it takes to get the Militia running, though the Military aim their guns at the Golem and Demon, cautious of the 2 people in the Building.

Speaking of DigitalDemon, that's the exact person who King TCM is currently aiming a Panzershreck at. (4-1 (Distance) v 4) The Panzershreck is off center, and fires at the running Militia. (Damage=9) A large chunk, around 23 of the Mob, get instantly decimated, mutilated bodies flying away from the blast. The Remainder charge at the Library, fearful of anyone and everyone.

(10) The reason for the missile from the Panzershreck missing the Military is thanks to a prayer from Beirus and Aswell, which worked well enough that they not only are better at attack, but also better at defense! ((+3 to Attack and Defense))

((Auto'd)) Ardent, pure power coursing through his veins, prepares his ultimate attack, the Pure Energy Eye Beams! (10 v 10-1 (Weakened.) The Eye Beams cut through his legs, not causing much damage, but enough to be dangerous with his previous injuries. As he trips and falls to the floor, he begins to bleed heavily...

NRDL attempts to flee the area, now fearful of death. (2-2(Weakened+Injuries)) He doesn't even make it to his feet before he collapses, filled with pain and agony. He either needs to fight back, or wait for death...

TheBiggerFish and the 4 Beatles continue on their path, to Essex in the U.K. to play the first Beatles concert in years. Before they do, BiggerFish attempts to find the button that can disguise him as a Yellow Submarine, as a theme for the concert. (7) He finds a button that gives the Helicopter a Yellow Paintjob, but he cannot make it look like a flying submarine.

U.S.S.R. Barracks and Armory, Kazakhstan
7:40 PM, Overcast

PirateJoe acquires the Makarov, 2 Magazines worth of ammunition and the Bulletproof Vest, and tries to make his way back to Sleepy Village. (6) He has to go back to the Hospital to ask for directions, but by Next Turn he should make it.

The Rwandan Military, taking a guess on who TCM was aiming at, fire at the Ice Golem. (9 v 7) Bullets strike at the Golem, cracks appearing in it's body. (5 v 6) The Royal Guard dives out of the way of Ice Shards, leading to the Golem standing it's ground.

Basher takes the dying Knives to the rest of the Militia, where they hide in one of the houses.

The Helicopter continues driving to Rwanda. (9) They manage to land in the small country south of the Middle East. As they land, King TCM gets swamped by adoring fans and servants. They are lead into the Palace, where they are met by a man in a suit. "Hello, sir. I am President Imani Arendse. We haven't had a king since 1961. But, I'm sure we can talk about your claim to the throne, Mr. TCM. I mean, my willingness to negotiate is why the Military listens to you. Come on, sit down.".
---------------------
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 11:39:46 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2016, 01:21:01 am »

Struggle to get up, and FLEEEE!
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2016, 01:35:05 am »

Yes.... Excellent....

Order my Ice Golem to kill the rest of the people. All of them who are a threat to me, anyway. No peaceful villagers. But above all else, prioritize my life.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 21, 2016, 01:44:50 am »

Get to the village and try to shoot digital in the face.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 21, 2016, 06:26:01 am »

Call ahead, and get some actual instruments.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 21, 2016, 08:14:31 am »

"Very well."

Talk with the president about what his plans for the government are with my return. Make a case that in yhese times of chaos and fear the people need two leaders, one to take care of politics and another who can inspire them on the warfront.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2016, 01:02:46 pm »

((Too bad about it having no weapons, but I'll take it. Nothing a good book can't fix anyway.))

Put the exoskeleton on if I haven't yet. Write a biography/novel about a legendary arms dealer who totally exists. By pure coincidence, the building I'm in happens to be one of his many hideouts spread throughout the world. It was abandoned, but it's impressively well-stocked armory is still untouched, having never been found. The arms dealer never thought of any countermeasures to having the gear stolen, since he's so good at hiding his hiding places.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 22, 2016, 04:57:49 pm »

Go see if I can help train the Rwandan Soccer and Bobsled teams to help them win the World Cup and get Olympic Gold. After checking in with the local Catholic Church, of course.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 22, 2016, 05:53:51 pm »

Turn won't be until around 7:30, somewhere around that. I want to give Ardent a little more time. It's only fair.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 22, 2016, 09:53:28 pm »

Match 1: Deathmatch
Round 11: The Calm
Parliament, Rwanda
7:40 PM, Sunny Weather, July 18th, 2016

King TCM and President Arendse sit down to discuss the governmental system. TCM speaks first, saying "President Imani, I'm glad you've given me the opportunity to negotiate my continued royalty for the citizens of Rwanda. Honestly, I don't know what I would do without the support of the Rwandan people. If you will allow me to keep my status as Royalty until my death, I would greatly appreciate it. I mean, with the battle happening in Sleepy Village, the people need their hero." Imani, smiling, says, "But of course, oh King. But, this is a negotiation. How about, you continue your status until the election, which is held every 7 years. Next year is the next election, so you shall be King until then. Sound good?". Imani holds out his arm, his hand ready to be shook...

"Brother Beirus? Are you sure? The Olympics? The World Cup?" says Aswell, before a snark by Beirus interrupts his worries. "I thought us Catholics supported the Olympics..." Beirus, dragging the Rwandan Sports team into a building for Soccer and Bobsled training. (8) The Sports team goes from not knowing how to play Soccer or go Bobsledding to being enough to match up to the teams going to Rio. Then, as per Aswell's request, the pair go to a Catholic Church in the area. They are welcomed in, and attend the late service.

Somewhere near Essex, United Kingdom
7:40 PM, Very Overcast, July 18th, 2016

The Charon Channel Helicopter is quite close to landing in Essex, and they decide to call in for the concert hall and the instruments necessary to play. (7) While skeptical of John and George being alive, the concert hall directors agree to lay out a few instruments for the band, and their manager.

Sleepy Village, Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan
7:40 PM, Overcast, July 18th, 2016

After the Alien message, and the memory flash, Hawk decides to use his powers to produce something that can help him. He begins to write another novel. This one is a Biography about an international Arms Dealer who had numerous safe houses across the world, including the Cellar in Sleepy Village. Slipping the Exoskeleton on, and activating the Forcefield, Hawk goes back inside to write the new book. (7+1) Taking charge with experience from his past novels, he manages to speed through several pages, only needing to finish the last 2 pages, and an Author's Note.

((Idle)) Ardent, satisfied with his assault, sits down in a chair in the Library, and begins the reading a book he took with him, that being Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

NRDL attempts to crawl away after having been mauled by Ardent's assault. (2-2) NRDL attempts to stand, only to fall back down.

DigitalDemon uses his Water God powers to order the Blood-Ice Golem to kill the Royal Rwandan Military. (1 v 8) As the Ice Golem charges up it's shot, it not only misses, it also almost trips under it's weight. (3 v 6) It keeps it's balance enough to dodge the gunfire of the Rwandan Military.

Sneaking back into the Sleepy Village, and behind DigitalDemon, PirateJoe aims his Makarov. (6 v 5) A bullet grazes Demon's arm, and he turns around seeing his attacker having seemingly vanished, Joe hiding behind a plank of wood behind the house.

The Military, having been trained for oddities by...someone, aim their guns at the Blood-Ice Golem. (10 v 7) Several more Bullets hit the Blood-Ice Golem, it's form cracking into shards. It's form holds and it attempts to fight back against the Military. (6 v 3) An Ice Shard hits one of the SPAS-12 Soldiers in the eye, damaging his sight. At this, they all split up, each soldier carrying his own burdens...

As Knives peacefully passes away on a couch in a nearby house, the rest of the Militia wait a little while longer, hoping to find an opening to race back to the Library.
---------------------------
Spoiler: PirateJoe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NRDL (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ardent Debater (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DigitalDemon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TheBiggerFish (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 06:28:23 am by Greatness942 »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 106