Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Decided to start a poll about it. Do you guys want intermissions, with both backstories and the events after a Chapter?

Yes. Backstories about our characters, which may answer questions? Seeing the world after the destructive chapters? Yes, please!
- 2 (40%)
Nah. We should just start Chapter 2/3/5/291, and put background info in the Chapter itself.
- 0 (0%)
Why ask, Greatness? It's your game, if you want this sort of thing, just do it already.
- 3 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: July 20, 2016, 05:13:00 pm

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 106

Author Topic: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm  (Read 146420 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wiki Warfare: Cataclysm
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2016, 09:36:50 am »

Once Beirus is in, yell out to the pilot, "Lift off immediately! Let's get back to Rwanda!"

Order us to flight back home to Rwanda. If we are still being attacked, continue for the Royal Guard to shoot back until we are out of range.
If there is a spare gun, give it to Beirus.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 06:31:17 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2016, 12:40:57 pm »

Ride in the helicopter. Use a gun to shoot any aggressors if there is an unused one in the helicopter.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 17, 2016, 11:34:53 pm »

Hey, guys. I have something I've been thinking about in regards to the game. Namely, that some people have personal and/or technological troubles that affect their ability to update. Now, there's nothing wrong with that. If you can't update, that's okay, everyone has a personal life and free time that they need to keep. But, since there hasn't been a turn for a few days, and I'm excited to see where I can go with the game and the storyline...yeah. Obviously, the solution is an update timer, where if you do not update within a certain time, you either get auto'd or you go idle. Of course, that's not a perfect solution, as there are things that can go wrong, which is why I want your input:

Should I have an Update Timer, to get rounds out faster? Or, should I use that thing that human beings have called patience and wait a few days. If an Update Timer is a good idea, how long should it be? 24 hours? 48 hours?
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2016, 12:06:23 am »

48 hours sounds good
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 18, 2016, 01:28:23 am »

I'm not actually in this round, but a timer isn't a bad idea. TCM seems to do something similar in their game, in any event.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 18, 2016, 01:46:01 am »

Alrighty, then. I'll add the timer to the OP, and give Ardent one more day before I type up the next turn. It's only fair. Now, since he's in combat, I might auto him instead of leaving him idle, and that's assuming he can't make it.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 18, 2016, 09:46:33 am »

Alrighty, then. I'll add the timer to the OP, and give Ardent one more day before I type up the next turn. It's only fair. Now, since he's in combat, I might auto him instead of leaving him idle, and that's assuming he can't make it.

((OOC: Sorry, I haven't had internet access.))

Ardent attempts Energy Absorption with his Palm Devices while the Townspeople Fight the Rwandan Military!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 18, 2016, 11:31:42 am »

@Ardent: Which is why I typed that. Everyone needs a chance.

Next turn coming soon.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 18, 2016, 01:30:15 pm »

Match 1: Deathmatch
Round 9: Aliens and Abbey Road
Sleepy Villiage, Muqur District, Badghis, Afghanistan
7:39 PM, Overcast

"I might sell it. You just gotta wait until the aliens finish conquering the Earth, though." says Hawk, as he prepares to continue his book. "Alright, makes sense...wait, what?" (2) As Hawk prepares to continue his novel, the blank pages lying next to him suddenly levitate over him, before moving to another part of the cellar. "Huh?"

TheBiggerFish and the 4 Beatles have avoided the Meteors via some quick thinking, and have avoided a time paradox with simple logic, and now they have to make their way across the continental mass so that they may reunite. (4) As they start up, they will take 4 turns, or 2 minutes, of continuous travel, but they will make it to England.

Ardent holds his hand to NRDL's face and continues the attempt to absorb their power. (9 v 4) Ardent continues until his Energy Chamber is full, then let's go of the weak NRDL.

NRDL, attempting to fight back, charges forward with his thumbs outstretched. (2-1 v 5) NRDL, in his weakness after the energy consumption, stumbles forward before collapsing onto the nearby front desk, leaning onto it.

DigitalDemon attempts to use his Water God powers to kill the Barrett 50. Cal wielding soldier in quite a horrible way. (10 v 4) The Soldier aims at the window, before he suddenly falls over, going unconscious due to his blood boiling. (9) The Soldier's vitals then stop, the corpse of Hawkeye lying on the ground.

TCM orders the pilot to hurry, before looking for a spare gun. (10) He finds spares of all of the soldiers' guns, and also a WWII Era Panzershreck!

Beirus, playing it safe for now, takes a Barrett 50. Cal and aims at where they were, at the bleeding Knives. (8 v 8) A bullet whizzes past Knives, which then hits the ground.

U.S.S.R. Barracks and Armory, Kazakhstan
7:39 PM, Overcast

PirateJoe arrives at the base, and looks for salvage. (5) He finds a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makarov_pistol, 2 magazines of Pistol Ammo, and a Bulletproof Vest, but that's it.

With NRDL stumbling around, Ardent gives a signal that the remaining townspeople go after the soldiers. The Soldiers take aim at the charging Militia. (3 v 9) The Soldiers miss, and the charging Militia rush into them. (9 v 7) One of the Militia manages to stab into the arm of one of the Galil Soldiers, causing him to drop his gun.
----------------------------

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 18, 2016, 02:39:19 pm »

Ready my new pistol and put on the bullet proof vest and search around for the old town.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 18, 2016, 03:21:36 pm »

"... levitating paper. Not the most unusual thing I saw today."

Go grab the paper and go back to writing.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 18, 2016, 03:28:13 pm »

See if the helicopter has a disguise option.

Then make it appear to be a yellow submarine.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 18, 2016, 06:53:16 pm »

Flee to as far away from the action as possible.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2016, 05:24:45 am »

Haha, success.

Gather the remaining blood from the corpse, mix it with some ice from the well water, to create a blood-infused ice golem to do my bidding.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2016, 05:27:59 am »

Sorry for not including the character sheets, and not having as much "flavor", or descriptions, this turn. I stood up most of the night and I was going to sleep and waking up through most the day. I'll include the sheets, and adding more descriptive words, next turn. Just wanted to say why those didn't show up.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 106