Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69606 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #795 on: June 22, 2016, 02:40:19 pm »

".....I don't believe you."

"Try it. You'd be surprised how far a little assertiveness gets you," Fiddler nods, then adds an aside in an even lower, conspiratorial whisper. "And if it's not far enough, a spoonful of black magic up the arse'd work even better."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 22, 2016, 02:44:03 pm »

"I don't think Aylia would like that besides that's  something dad would say and if I listened  to dad all the time I'd  have killed you when I met you..."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 22, 2016, 02:46:20 pm »

>"As second-in-command of this expedition, I order both of you, Fiddler and Noir, not to engage with the unexpected guests unless otherwise ordered or if your life is in danger, and further order you, Noir, to avoid all use of your black magic until it is known what it does.  Aylia is the sole person present who is able to countermand this order.

We are here as security, not for indiscriminate application of force.

And remember, I see everything."

Aylia>Had to intervene to definitively keep Noir and Fiddler from attacking the unexpected guests, though Noir was probably not going to anyway.  They've been ordered away from them for now.  Also ordered Noir to not use the black magic.

>If there's some sort of pain-y mechanusm on the Omega brand, and Fiddler has it, give him a mild twinge.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 02:49:49 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 22, 2016, 02:55:36 pm »

Noir nods casually and walks away from the humans.
"Understood I think fiddler is a little too much like dad... So  I'm going to look for anyone friendly.
Go and look for a particularly friendly group.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 02:57:33 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 22, 2016, 02:59:25 pm »

"I don't think Aylia would like that besides that's  something dad would say and if I listened  to dad all the time I'd  have killed you when I met you..."

"Think on this, dear - if a moron tells you the sun's up, does that mean it's dark outside? Even the worst of us have good ideas sometimes, you know. That's what makes them dangerous."

>"As second-in-command of this expedition, I order both of you, Fiddler and Noir, not to engage with the unexpected guests unless otherwise ordered or if your life is in danger, and further order you, Noir, to avoid all use of your black magic until it is known what it does.  Aylia is the sole person present who is able to countermand this order.

Fiddler looks up in the sky, shaking his fist.

"What? These are guests! Yeesh. You'd almost think the rest of you twats were interested in the mission all of a sudden."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 22, 2016, 03:15:29 pm »

to the Eye: "Let Fiddler work his own way, but Noir should get out of there."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 23, 2016, 05:16:14 am »

darn, but on to others. Faries and sprites and big (talking?) cats and nymphs and...
((Aylia basically is going to keep this up as long as she can without shirking her own needs and duties))
You get bluebell faeries down pretty well, but they are finicky, flighty things. Their magic is ... you know, flower related. Sprites are similar, but unbound. They have a wildness to them, an unpredictableness to their abilities, their attention span, and their interests. there are no big talking cats around - more's the pity, but you find a nest of nymphs on the edge of mertown, and quickly discover that they are quite sex mad little waterbeings. You are getting pretty tapped out for concentration and all that for the allotted time. Maybe one more form - two if they are simple, but you can feel yourself sliding in and out of form toward the end of your time gossipping with they nymphs about various appendages and locations and positions and the like.

Aylia>Had to intervene to definitively keep Noir and Fiddler from attacking the unexpected guests, though Noir was probably not going to anyway.  They've been ordered away from them for now.  Also ordered Noir to not use the black magic.

>If there's some sort of pain-y mechanusm on the Omega brand, and Fiddler has it, give him a mild twinge.

You don't have access to that kind of thing. Good try though. I like your spirit.

Noir nods casually and walks away from the humans.
"Understood I think fiddler is a little too much like dad... So  I'm going to look for anyone friendly.
Go and look for a particularly friendly group.
You find that the tree dwellers that you encountered before are quite friendly at this point. They are settling down into their nightly routines, grooming and gossiping and the like. One immediately pulls you near and begins touching and rubbing a wing.

"You lose anyone with the giants?" Fiddler asks, setting his rug full o' halfling down. "Giant buggers stomped all over the fey. Scattered 'em to the winds."
"Nah. It was close though, what with the fey round here getting all panicky and whatnot. We almost got into a big of a fight. But discretion is the better part of valor and all. No sense getting stomped for a lark." the leader hands you a beer before your little spat with the nosy eye. "getting late, kick back, put your feet up, and tell us lies for a while. I hear this plant thingy will happen in the morning. I bet it's boring. But still, not every day you see a diplomatic event like this one. No reason to go into it sober though, right?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 23, 2016, 06:19:13 am »

"You'd think smallfolk like that lot would know how to not get stepped on."

Have a drink.

"As for the lies, well! Have I got lies for you! Give me a parameter, though."

See if these fellows are interested in a proper yarn, or if regular bullshit is the order of the day.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 23, 2016, 07:14:05 am »

I need to rest, so thats what I'll do. rest early, wake early. after resting, before my duties for the ceremony start up, I'll have one last probably very hard form to attempt to acquire - our liason.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 23, 2016, 11:21:13 am »

>It looks like they have independently arrived at that conclusion.  Are there any forms you wish me to record for your future perusal?

The Eye doesn't need sleep, so it keeps going with observing and recording.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:40:15 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 23, 2016, 11:38:53 am »

"The flying lizards, and any other rare or unique species you see... and thanks for the offer. Theres a lot of rare opportunities here."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 23, 2016, 11:39:53 am »

>It is my purpose in existing, so, no problem.
Sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 23, 2016, 01:18:43 pm »

Noir smiles and happily allows them to groom her if they wish.
"Hello are you okay so far?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 23, 2016, 07:56:07 pm »

"You'd think smallfolk like that lot would know how to not get stepped on."

Have a drink.

"As for the lies, well! Have I got lies for you! Give me a parameter, though."

See if these fellows are interested in a proper yarn, or if regular bullshit is the order of the day.
Everyone likes a good story. there's plenty of bullshitting going around, but you have their attention. Of course, a song wold not go unwelcome either.

I need to rest, so thats what I'll do. rest early, wake early. after resting, before my duties for the ceremony start up, I'll have one last probably very hard form to attempt to acquire - our liason.
Alright, soon as Fiddler tells his tales and we see what comes of it, we'll get on to the morning. I'll look back for where i introduced this liaison - or did you mean the previous one? She is nowhere to be seen.

>It looks like they have independently arrived at that conclusion.  Are there any forms you wish me to record for your future perusal?

The Eye doesn't need sleep, so it keeps going with observing and recording.

The nocturnals awake and begin theirthings. Bugs chirp, birds eat, some mole people scurry, you know how it is. There are some firefly pixies fluttering around, landing on people and flashing them and making pretty light patterns in the trees.

Whoops, missed a turn.  Dar's just continuing to watch the mercs from the trees, looking for more evidence that they're dangerous hunters and not good people.
Well, they don't have Omega marks, so that's a point in their favor. They do welcome Fiddler, so that's a mark against them. Their weapons look rather well used. One of them heads out from their campsite and you follow, as they are moving quite furtively. They find a fairy ring, and circle it carefully, looking all about, chanting softly.

Noir smiles and happily allows them to groom her if they wish.
"Hello are you okay so far?"

they chitter at you and tell about their time here at the event, yammering abot their feud with the spiky people, the fight with teh Giants, sadness over loss, all that. They gossip about who slept with who and who grooms who and all that stuff. You fall asleep to the sounds. leaning against a tree.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 67