Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69605 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #780 on: June 20, 2016, 07:54:24 pm »

Noir looks kinda hurt at the lack of a warm reception and rubs her head looking down at her feet and in a kinda disappointed and sad soundin tone.
"O-Oh I'm  sorry did I do something wrong...I'm really sorry I just noticed that you guys were humans and humans have been  kinda cool from what little I've seen of them is all and I wanted to see if you wanted to talk and  be friends is all...I'll go if you want..."
You get various rude reactions, some of which I probably shouldn't post on this forum. Leers are involved, and impolite invitations of a couple of kinds, some of which are probably physically impossible for you.

((oops, thought I'd responded but apparently never hit the "post" button))
I'm aiming for forms with unique utility first. merfolk because all I have for aquatic right now is goldfish, flyers would be another high priority, and any others that exhibit unusual properties. for example the giant's size makes them another high priority.
Mkay, you study the merfolk a while, and something about them feels natural and right. they way they gracefully swim, like any aquatic creature, natural as beathing. Their curiousity, their elegance, their mixture of formality and play. You shift on the bank and swim a while. It feels good. Young Merfolk come up to you, curious, swimming near and looping around you, speaking merrish at you. They are recalled from you by some older Merfolk, and a couple of them swim nearby, keeping a discrete distance and observing you with sidelong glances while avoiding looking directly at you.

Fiddler checks if any corpses remain in sight and out of their respective footprints. If yes, move them to any nearby footprints.

Then if there's nothing better to do, drag the blanket with the corpse in it along as I look for what the gang of useless twits is up to.

We talking the humans or the Omegas? Eh, either way, the greatest concentration of Omegas is by the human camp. You arrive with your nasty package just in time to hear Noir getting invited to a Stuffing Party. SO that's what the useless ones are up to - sexual harrassment.

Dar'yajira contacts Aylia over the commstone. "Shifter, Dar'yajira has begun watching twolegs from shadows.  Halfdragon is here with them, but twolegs are not aggressive.  What should this one watch for?"

Just watch the tw--humans from the shadows for now.  Specifically, trying to figure out why they're here.  What does their equipment look like it does (bearing in mind that Dar is entirely unfamiliar with basically any technology)?  Do they have cages?  Torches?  Strange objects that could be described to Aylia?
One of them has a book open on it's lap. It is drawing very carefully. the image seems to move. the creatures in the image look very like some of the creatures from the tournament. there are lots of squiggles and swirls near the creatures. The person, pauses a moment, then flips back a couple pages and you see an image of a Frost Giant, breathing a blast of cold which immobilizes a bird in flight. When the human turns back to the page it was drawing on, the ink is unsmudged. you see another human in his tent rifling through a wooden box. It lifts something out and places it to the side. The something has parts on it from various critters. Leftover bits like claws and teeth and eyeballs. The human pulls another item out - a small rod entwined with hair and fur and sinew, and places that undr his robe before returning the other object to the crate, which he closes and latches. Teh latch glows green very briefly.

The Eye makes a recon flight of the unexpected camp from far overhead.
All is calm, apparently, though Noir seems dejected and irritated at the same time. You see the two wedding parties continuing to merge on the union site, right on schedule. The Frost Giants are asleep.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 20, 2016, 08:04:41 pm »

((Can you perhaps pm me some of the things they might have said so I have a better idea how to react becuase what they say and how they said it will change how noir reacts to this alot.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 20, 2016, 10:33:51 pm »

Politely excuse myself and acquire other priority forms, I'm enjoying myself but I have a lot of really rare opportunities here and don't want to miss out.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 20, 2016, 10:39:15 pm »

Continue surveillance.  Maybe zoom in closer.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 20, 2016, 11:49:52 pm »

Dar'yajira contacts Aylia using his commstone "Shifter, twolegs cruelly insult Halfdragon.  Also, this one saw twoleg with magic book of violent pictures, pictures of creatures at festival.  Another has... bits of long dead kill--claws, teeth, eyes, fur."  His voice stays silent for several seconds, before resuming with a growl "Dar'yajira... is angry.  It has seen similar twolegs before--twolegs that took Master, twoleg that locked Cat in metal box."

Continue watching them with suspicion.  Especially focus on the one with the bits of dead animals.  Just to make sure, carrying dead animal bits isn't a druidic thing to do in this setting, right?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 21, 2016, 06:36:07 am »

Are these my friends from before? Or different humans entirely?

If I know them, approach and see if I can't find the leader again.

If not, look around for other things of importance in the vicinity.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 22, 2016, 05:59:09 am »

((Can you perhaps pm me some of the things they might have said so I have a better idea how to react becuase what they say and how they said it will change how noir reacts to this alot.))
Um. No. They say very dirty things, Like "You could stick your [redacted] up that [redacted] and twist" and "[redacted] over here a little closer and I'll [redacted] until you squeal" and "You wanna help out eh? Come [redacted] until I [redacted] and then bend over and [redacted]" and "Go Fuck yourself."

I'm not PM'ing you those things.

Politely excuse myself and acquire other priority forms, I'm enjoying myself but I have a lot of really rare opportunities here and don't want to miss out.
Up next - something that flies. You find a winged lizard being, but you end up with feathers and no flight. Gonna have to look that one over another time. Maybe have the Eye do a detailed scan. Next, the giants. You Feel yourself grow to about twice your normal size, thicken out, and generally become more muscular. this form is a bit of a strain to hold on to, and wil require concentrated effort even in ideal circumstances, such as these right now. You exhale in disappointment at the effort, and blow a puff of frost into the air. well, at least the cold comes with the form.

Continue surveillance.  Maybe zoom in closer.
You get a detailed recording of some large flyi9ng lizard beings for Aylia, and scan the Frost Giants thoroughly. Their clothing is of particular interest, as it requires a rather large, durable animal to make skins for them, and making any kind of cloth would be quite a task for giants of any stripe. I bet they useSevelnese Wool form the massive Sheep up that way.

Dar'yajira contacts Aylia using his commstone "Shifter, twolegs cruelly insult Halfdragon.  Also, this one saw twoleg with magic book of violent pictures, pictures of creatures at festival.  Another has... bits of long dead kill--claws, teeth, eyes, fur."  His voice stays silent for several seconds, before resuming with a growl "Dar'yajira... is angry.  It has seen similar twolegs before--twolegs that took Master, twoleg that locked Cat in metal box."

Continue watching them with suspicion.  Especially focus on the one with the bits of dead animals.  Just to make sure, carrying dead animal bits isn't a druidic thing to do in this setting, right?
Druids have been known to do so, yes. Yours did not. He tended to treat nature as a thing to be cared for and nourished, while some druids tended more to become animalistic themselves, and used fetishes to draw upon the powers of the wild or whatnot. Law of the jungle and all. Some druids tended to be even darker than that. And shamans - less formal and more attuned to spirits than nature - use animal bits quite a lot. Dar encountered a few shamans in his time with his master. And a few of their spirits.

Are these my friends from before? Or different humans entirely?

If I know them, approach and see if I can't find the leader again.

If not, look around for other things of importance in the vicinity.

You find the leader from before and he nods in your direction as you approach. the others ignore you, concentrating on the rather flabbergasted Noir.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 22, 2016, 06:33:19 am »

"You lose anyone with the giants?" Fiddler asks, setting his rug full o' halfling down. "Giant buggers stomped all over the fey. Scattered 'em to the winds."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 22, 2016, 07:05:32 am »

darn, but on to others. Faries and sprites and big (talking?) cats and nymphs and...
((Aylia basically is going to keep this up as long as she can without shirking her own needs and duties))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 22, 2016, 12:48:24 pm »

Noir notices fiddler and in a semi loud voice.
"Hey fiddler!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 22, 2016, 12:58:25 pm »

Noir notices fiddler and in a semi loud voice.
"Hey fiddler!"

Fiddler turns toward her, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah? What?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 22, 2016, 02:17:02 pm »

Noir walks over and attempts to lean real close and in a whispering tone.
"Why are they being so mean?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 22, 2016, 02:24:49 pm »

Fiddler looks in the direction of the other folks, then whispers back.

"They aren't. They're testing you. They push, you push back."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 22, 2016, 02:27:52 pm »

".....I don't believe you."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 22, 2016, 02:36:00 pm »

>"Ahem.  I suggest you simply avoid them."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 67