Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69646 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #735 on: June 11, 2016, 02:20:53 am »

"Well then, try just throwing a a lot of it into this stomped person and see if anything sticks. Simple, right?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 11, 2016, 02:22:52 am »

"But it could make something bad and if i somehow hit one of you...Well.... ughh..."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 11, 2016, 02:27:21 am »

"That's what the charm magic is for," Fiddler points out. "I'm sure you'll be perfectly fine. I have faith in you. But since you're worried, I suppose I'll stand well away then."

Fiddler gives a thumbs-up as he steps away from the gore-filled footprint to what he would assume is a safe distance, keeping a lookout for anything incoming or leaving.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 02:29:22 am by Harry Baldman »

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 11, 2016, 02:30:25 am »

Noir shakily raises her hand letting the dark magic form in her hand breathing deeply.
Dark magic the corpse I was trying to revive with holy magic see what happens if anyone approaches me or tells me to stop immediately stop.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 11, 2016, 09:02:11 pm »

These actions entertain me, so let's see what happens.

"That's what the charm magic is for," Fiddler points out. "I'm sure you'll be perfectly fine. I have faith in you. But since you're worried, I suppose I'll stand well away then."

Fiddler gives a thumbs-up as he steps away from the gore-filled footprint to what he would assume is a safe distance, keeping a lookout for anything incoming or leaving.

hmm. Fiddler has average intellect. He ... steps back about eight feet and stands on his tiptoes to see into the footprint as clearly as possible.

Dar'yajira continues to nom on the Birdthing, but warily watches Noir.
Dar remains right where he is.

Noir shakily raises her hand letting the dark magic form in her hand breathing deeply.
Dark magic the corpse I was trying to revive with holy magic see what happens if anyone approaches me or tells me to stop immediately stop.

So. How Noir's dark magic was explained to me is that it essentially eats their sol, with a will roll to resist. this has neither will nor soul, being a corpse. But as I understand the attempt here, it is essentially to feed will into the thing - a roll-worthy attempt to manipulate a skill. Noir concentrates, shakily, on the black magic, and reaches out and touches the flattened thing. Darkness envelops her sight, though the rest of you see little but the black flame in her hand disappearing into the corpse. A moment passes, and Noir becomes light-headed and nauseated. Finally, Noir slumps down and a dark moan escapes what remains of the lungs of the creature, and it's limbs begin to twitch and squirm. Noir can feel it reaching for her, hungry, desperate, grasping.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 11, 2016, 09:24:41 pm »

"G-Guys! It's gonna try to kill me!"
Get up and get away try charm magic if that fails blow it to bits with holy magic.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 12, 2016, 05:05:06 am »

"Poor thing's probably just confused."

Observe. Stay out of reach.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 12, 2016, 11:33:58 am »

>Boggle at the scene.  Prepare to do...Something?  Should everything go pear-shaped.

>Prioritize saving Aylia should all heck break loose.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 12:14:22 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 12, 2016, 03:57:50 pm »

((busy weekend, am delayed))

I feel my tail growing and see the world growing bigger, but try to control myself and draw my bow on the target.
"Nyoir what did nyu dyou?!"
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 06:08:33 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 14, 2016, 05:22:37 am »

Get up and get away try charm magic if that fails blow it to bits with holy magic.
You crawl backwards, eyes wide as the thing drags itself after you, making the oddest sounds - between a moan, a gurgle, and the sound of teeth grinding.
You attempt to call up some charm magic, but can't seem to catch enough will to do anything with it. In a panic, you aim your healing magic, and feel pain course through you as the holy magic burns you from inside. You stop crawling, frozen in fire, and the thing begins to get closer, foulness belching out of it's mouth and wounds, eyes empty and deep, like the Abyss.

Dump everything into a strength buff, but don't attack just yet.  Only if Noir fails to dodge will Dar'yajira attack the creature (and he'll be lethal, for once).
You summon all your magic into yourself. She crawls backward about ten feet and then freezes in place, perfectly still, eyes on the corpse which is now dragging itself slowly toward her, leaking fluid and making the worst sounds. Dead things shouldn't do that.

"Poor thing's probably just confused."

Observe. Stay out of reach.
So far, so good.

>Boggle at the scene.  Prepare to do...Something?  Should everything go pear-shaped.

>Prioritize saving Aylia should all heck break loose.

It's only a little heck so far. Just hte one really. You boggle as only a single, giant, lidless construct of an Eye could boggle, hovering out of reach and staring. She is frozen, and you see both the cat and Aylia prepare to leap in, Aylia growing catlike as she does.

((busy weekend, am delayed))

I feel my tail growing and see the world growing bigger, but try to control myself and draw my bow on the target.
"Nyoir what did nyu dyou?!"
Which arrow? You maintain enough of yourself to act, and are able to keep the important parts of yourself in your natural form to shoot the bow as accurately as you would otherwise. This thing ... this dragging, bubbling mass, this echo of loathing, this horrible window into undeath ... this thing should not be.

((Welcome back. I hesitated to post the last turn without you))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 14, 2016, 05:52:18 am »

How mutilated is the corpse, exactly? Does it look like it could bite somebody? Or tear them to pieces? Or is it strictly discharging fluids and being otherwise horrific?

In any case, keep a careful eye on it. Prepare to do... something! Dodge, most likely.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 05:54:12 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 14, 2016, 07:31:34 am »

Bronze, if it has no effect then I'll try iron.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 14, 2016, 08:36:05 am »

"H-Help i-I don't think i can move!"
MOVE GET UP AND MOVE AWAY FROM THIS THING!
((Somehow I hurt myself using  my  magic?))
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 08:38:09 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 67