Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69583 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #751 on: June 14, 2016, 08:50:16 pm »

How mutilated is the corpse, exactly? Does it look like it could bite somebody? Or tear them to pieces? Or is it strictly discharging fluids and being otherwise horrific?

In any case, keep a careful eye on it. Prepare to do... something! Dodge, most likely.

It looks like horribly mangled corpse that is moving, slowly. Not a threat at all, except to fashion and one's sense of smell. Even so, you step back a little further from the distasteful thing.

Bronze, if it has no effect then I'll try iron.
A little shaky, your first shot goes wide, burying itself in the dirt a few feet from the corpse. Dar leaps on the thing and slashes it repeatedly, then jumps away again yowling a battle cry. You fire again and land one square in the thing's head, piercing throgh it's already broken neck and into ti's body. Without opening it's mouth, it emits a horrible screaming wail, which rises in pitch and volume quickly, before fading, as if it were moving away at a rapid pace. The body falls limp, and a foul smoke begins to bubble out from around the wound. Both arrows were bronze tipped.

"H-Help i-I don't think i can move!"
MOVE GET UP AND MOVE AWAY FROM THIS THING!
((Somehow I hurt myself using  my  magic?))

You manage to overcome the pain and immobility enough to drag yourself backward until you bump up against a tree. Dar and Aylia seem to have stopped the thing, and you can look away. You close your eyes and lean back for a moment, catching your breath. And yes, you are pretty sure you just managed to hurt yourself using your magic.

Attack.  Jump onto it, and rip and tear the back of the neck, before dodging away and judging damage.  If it's still going for Noir, hop back onto it, aiming to destroy the arms.
You jump on the thing and rip and tear at it, cleaving it's spine and spraying gunk everywhere before leaping back. It cna no longer hold it's head up, but it continues to drag itself along, though it is completely uncoordinated now, with each limb moving independently of the others. Aylia's arrow stops even that motion, so you feel little need to resume your onslaught. Now, to get the filth off without licking yourself ...

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 14, 2016, 08:57:25 pm »

Noir grips her chest in pain gasping as she starts to truly feel the pain and in a calm yet quickly pain filled tone.
"G-Gah my body I hurt my self with my own magic my insides are o-on fire i-It hurts."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 14, 2016, 11:44:55 pm »

"Nyorar, just lie down nyan rest. Nan don't do that again."
((I haven't done mild cat-accent in a while, Lyra's is super-thick on the rare instance she tries to talk.))
I sit down next to Noir and calm myself down. Once I'm settled I'll return to my native form.
"Okay, I think we're all kinda rattled, or at least I am. I'll worry about the follow-up for this disaster later, back at the Omega base. for now, lets just try to get things back to how they should be, and get the rest of this wedding to go as smoothly as possible. Eye, Ebony, work together to locate the guests that were scattered by this and give them aid as required. Noir, rest and get yourself settled. No more trying to revive the dead. at all. Just stay away from that dark power, okay? Once you've rested, tell me, and we'll send you any injured we find. Fiddler, give Noir your commstone so she can contact us when she's ready, and I need you to bury bodies and clean up the mess left by the giants passing. Ebony, after you and the Eye have made contact with everyone and done what you can, go help Fiddler. I'll find our liason and see if he has further instructions for us beyond damage control."
I then get up and do as I said, I go looking for our liason and see if he has any further instructions (or resources) for us beyond attempting to minimize the damage caused by the giant's passing. I also inquire into proper burial rites for the fallen.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 14, 2016, 11:56:53 pm »

Noir gives something  that  sounds like a strangled roar her face scrunching up as he curls up  agasint the nearest tree circling herself with her tail spikes out and her wings surrounding her body as much as they can.
"Y-Yes Aylia be s-safe p-please"
Try to rest and recover don't sleep though.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 08:43:14 am by AbstractTraitorHero »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 15, 2016, 03:43:08 am »

"Ah, good times."

See if there aren't any containers handy with which I can take a generous sampling of this darkly magical corpse. Internal fluids, vomit, whatever that smoking stuff was, a bit of flesh. Gather up a representative amount of all its bits.

Then proceed to throw the other corpses into the giant footprints and cover them with a slight amount of surrounding earth. A shallow grave is a valuable resource!

Noir grips her chest in pain gasping as she starts to truly feel the pain and in a calm yet quickly pain filled tone.
"G-Gah my body I hurt my self with my own magic my insides are o-on fire i-It hurts."

"Relax, it's over now. Have a bit of a rest, why don't you? You handled yourself pretty well back there."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 15, 2016, 09:02:17 am »

>Follow Aylia's orders.
((I haven't done mild cat-accent in a while, Lyra's is super-thick on the rare instance she tries to talk.))
I sit down next to Noir and calm myself down. Once I'm settled I'll return to my native form.
"Okay, I think we're all kinda rattled, or at least I am. I'll worry about the follow-up for this disaster later, back at the Omega base. for now, lets just try to get things back to how they should be, and get the rest of this wedding to go as smoothly as possible. Eye, Ebony, work together to locate the guests that were scattered by this and give them aid as required. Noir, rest and get yourself settled. No more trying to revive the dead. at all. Just stay away from that dark power, okay? Once you've rested, tell me, and we'll send you any injured we find. Fiddler, give Noir your commstone so she can contact us when she's ready, and I need you to bury bodies and clean up the mess left by the giants passing. Ebony, after you and the Eye have made contact with everyone and done what you can, go help Fiddler. I'll find our liason and see if he has further instructions for us beyond damage control."
I then get up and do as I said, I go looking for our liason and see if he has any further instructions (or resources) for us beyond attempting to minimize the damage caused by the giant's passing. I also inquire into proper burial rites for the fallen.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 15, 2016, 09:09:39 am »

"N-Next time don't ask me t-to do stuff that I'm not sure what it will do."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 15, 2016, 09:12:39 am »

"N-Next time don't ask me t-to do stuff that I'm not sure what it will do."

"You have to push your limits or you won't improve, right? And this is really useful to know for the future, don't you think? Aren't you glad that we learned all this in a semi-controlled environment rather than in a moment of desperation?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 15, 2016, 09:23:29 am »

"I-I guess your r-right just if we get in combat try and stay outta my way if you get hit by the evil magic your soul will be gone quickly.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 15, 2016, 12:38:11 pm »

Dar'yajira has been sitting next to Noir since he killed the beast, watching her worriedly.  After Aylia gives her orders, he speaks "Be careful, Halfdragon.  This one will go with Shifter to protect it, but if Halfdragon needs help, use stone to call for Dar'yajira.  Cat will come."

Dar's gonna follow Aylia as a guardian.  Oh, and drop that buff from earlier so it stops draining concentration.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 15, 2016, 01:26:19 pm »

upon seeing Fiddler not giving Noir his commstone, I repeat myself.
"Fiddler, give Noir your commstone."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 15, 2016, 02:41:26 pm »

"Give her what now?" Fiddler asks, checking himself.

If I have one of those things, give Noir a commstone.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 15, 2016, 04:20:29 pm »

Ebony, who has been present for the majority of this and simply had no verbal reaction, complies. She complies with the orders, looking around to find the scattered guests with the Eye.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 15, 2016, 06:52:17 pm »

Well, he came by earlier and made a sad comment on the incident, so you don't have far to go to find him. "Most of these beings will want to handle their own dead. For those that don't, as long as you do not make trophies or parade their corpses in front of their faces, whatever rites you do should be acceptable. Bear in mind that not all gods are favorable to the Fey, however. Please keep your rites generic. " He looks around a moment, thoughtful. "Best to just get the ball rolling and ten let them handle it. You and your people should sleep. the Union begins before dawn, and I'd like you to do at least a brief perimeter scan before hand to make sure no unexpected guests arrive." He turns to go, then turns back suddenly. "Oh, and it would be wise to evaluate the intentions of that group of humans you encountered today. they weren't the group we were expecting. That group is settled nicely in their approved campsite."

Noir gives something  that  sounds like a strangled roar her face scrunching up as he curls up  agasint the nearest tree circling herself with her tail spikes out and her wings surrounding her body as much as they can.
"Y-Yes Aylia be s-safe p-please"
Try to rest and recover don't sleep though.
You catch your breath and sit, a little unsteady. You feel functional, physically, but are unsure about the state of your magic.

"Ah, good times."

See if there aren't any containers handy with which I can take a generous sampling of this darkly magical corpse. Internal fluids, vomit, whatever that smoking stuff was, a bit of flesh. Gather up a representative amount of all its bits.

Then proceed to throw the other corpses into the giant footprints and cover them with a slight amount of surrounding earth. A shallow grave is a valuable resource!

"Relax, it's over now. Have a bit of a rest, why don't you? You handled yourself pretty well back there."
I don't recall any of you having containers of that type, and from the looks of the corpse, rapidly dissolving and spewing toxic smoke, yo udon't want to touch it or breathe it's fumes for a while. Well, perhaps this experiment can be replicated later, with another corpse, when you have the appropriate gear on hand. At least, someone at Omega will be very interested in hearing about this. The Alchemists? The potions guy? that doctor fellow?

Anyway, you drag a few corpses over and toss them unceremoniously into a footprint. Some of the forest creatures have begun organizing and looking through the corpses for their own as well. More than one group is attempting to remove their fellows from your shallow grave. Gonna let that happen?

>Follow Aylia's orders.
Ebony, who has been present for the majority of this and simply had no verbal reaction, complies. She complies with the orders, looking around to find the scattered guests with the Eye.
Alright, you two gather the forest people and others scattered by the giants and discussed burial duties and the like. Now everyone who is interested is clearing up the dead.

Dar'yajira has been sitting next to Noir since he killed the beast, watching her worriedly.  After Aylia gives her orders, he speaks "Be careful, Halfdragon.  This one will go with Shifter to protect it, but if Halfdragon needs help, use stone to call for Dar'yajira.  Cat will come."

Dar's gonna follow Aylia as a guardian.  Oh, and drop that buff from earlier so it stops draining concentration.
Mkay. that crud from the corpse is really distracting though. might want to find a way to clean that off.

"Give her what now?" Fiddler asks, checking himself.

If I have one of those things, give Noir a commstone.
That was the thing that allowed you to keep in contact with the Eye. you give yours to Noir.

So, aside from the actual ceremony, things are pretty much wrapped up, baring unforeseen events. anything you guys want to do before the morning activities?
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 67