Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69662 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #675 on: June 01, 2016, 05:15:49 pm »

Assuming no great change in my status, plan 'attempt to get it to let me go' followed by 'if not diplomacy, EARSPLITTING SHRIEK AT LOUDEST POSSIBLE VOLUME'.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 01, 2016, 08:17:57 pm »

Welp, this doesn't appear to be a thing that is happening today. Maybe back at Omega base I can figure out why she's so difficult to acquire.

Time to go check on the Eye.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 02, 2016, 11:48:14 am »

follow Aylia but do it kinda nonchalantly  skipping.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 03, 2016, 01:36:50 am »

Fiddler looks the two armored people over, then speaks unobtrusively.

"So what're you looking for, exactly? Murder, plunder, chaos, something else? Can't say the weird wildlands are a great choice for any of those."

Ask.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 03, 2016, 11:43:05 pm »

Assuming no great change in my status, plan 'attempt to get it to let me go' followed by 'if not diplomacy, EARSPLITTING SHRIEK AT LOUDEST POSSIBLE VOLUME'.
You try the unorthodox and unexpected: You ask the thing to let you go, and return you to the surface. It pauses a moment, and then shuffles around the other side of you, squeezing underneath, and pushes you back the way you came. You pop out of a hole barely large enough for you, covered in dirt but unharmed. The moleperson raises a clawed arm in farewell, then disappears into the ground again.

Welp, this doesn't appear to be a thing that is happening today. Maybe back at Omega base I can figure out why she's so difficult to acquire.

Time to go check on the Eye.
He's not where you left him. He's not on his assigned route. He's not at base camp.

follow Aylia but do it kinda nonchalantly  skipping.
Follow Ay.
You both see the same lack of Eye that she sees, Additionally Noir sees the back of Aylia's hairstyle (so shiny), and Dar sees her heels and ankles (so biteable).

Fiddler looks the two armored people over, then speaks unobtrusively.

"So what're you looking for, exactly? Murder, plunder, chaos, something else? Can't say the weird wildlands are a great choice for any of those."

Ask.
"Just checking out a bit of a to-do over here, is all. the merger is a bit of a fluff with the magical lot back home, and we got curious. And looky here at all these mystical types bouncing around. Isn't it something? And there's your little tournament. Fella could win some real favors in a game like that. The Fey love games and favors, right?" The fellow winks at this last part, and the woman shifts a bit. "I've answered one of yours. Now, tell me, what do you gain from this, eh? You seem a more practical type than this gaggle."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 04, 2016, 09:04:33 am »

>Return to my assigned route after returning the wave.  Report my whereabouts to Aylia.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 06:13:13 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 04, 2016, 09:29:53 am »

"This ain't a leisure trip, I'm sure you've guessed. Me and mine are making sure the bloody fey don't kill each other and make a mess of things, and I figured this bit o' fighting would be a good distraction for 'em. Plus it's fun to watch things beat the everloving shite out of each other. Not as fun as doing it yourself, mind, but if you watch and make book, well, let's just say there's fortunes to be made in the process."

"If you wanna mingle, though, better ways to do that than challenges. They're cagey fuckers, these fey. The small ones, at least. Don't trust mundane types, particularly if you've got iron on ya. Makes them proper nervous, it does."

"Point is, if you wanna play with 'em and get them to like you, gotta do it friendlier than this. There's a couple things I could prolly arrange for you lot. Bare-knuckle, maybe - wanna do a giant-killer round? You lot as the giants, obviously. Asymmetric fights bring in the crowds in a big way. Makes 'em wonder. If you wanna hold on to your weapons, though, there's maybe gonna be a hunt later in the day. Lizard raptors, see. Make for good suitcases and feather chapeaus alike. And you can bet these buggers will be right impressed if you can show some trophies to 'em. Finally, could try and see if there's something more your size we can scare up. Watching big things fight each other is good monster entertainment in the best of times. Any o' that sound like your kinda thing?"

Level with this guy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 04, 2016, 10:56:28 am »

Commstone:"Eye, where are you?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 04, 2016, 06:12:40 pm »

>Aylia gets a response.
Sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 04, 2016, 06:15:47 pm »

In his boredom, Dar'yajira begins chasing Noir's tail.
Noir playfully begins  teasing dar via playing catch the tail running around in a circle and making it difficult the spikes are of course retracted.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 06, 2016, 06:57:29 am »

>Return to my assigned route after returning the wave.  Report my whereabouts to Aylia.
You aren't sure where you are, so you fly straight up to get a look at the terrain. Hills. Hills. Hil... ah, there's the frost giants. Waaaaaay over there. You head back that way. Gonna take a round or two, but you can get some long distance scans in while you fly.

"This ain't a leisure trip, I'm sure you've guessed. Me and mine are making sure the bloody fey don't kill each other and make a mess of things, and I figured this bit o' fighting would be a good distraction for 'em. Plus it's fun to watch things beat the everloving shite out of each other. Not as fun as doing it yourself, mind, but if you watch and make book, well, let's just say there's fortunes to be made in the process."

"If you wanna mingle, though, better ways to do that than challenges. They're cagey fuckers, these fey. The small ones, at least. Don't trust mundane types, particularly if you've got iron on ya. Makes them proper nervous, it does."

"Point is, if you wanna play with 'em and get them to like you, gotta do it friendlier than this. There's a couple things I could prolly arrange for you lot. Bare-knuckle, maybe - wanna do a giant-killer round? You lot as the giants, obviously. Asymmetric fights bring in the crowds in a big way. Makes 'em wonder. If you wanna hold on to your weapons, though, there's maybe gonna be a hunt later in the day. Lizard raptors, see. Make for good suitcases and feather chapeaus alike. And you can bet these buggers will be right impressed if you can show some trophies to 'em. Finally, could try and see if there's something more your size we can scare up. Watching big things fight each other is good monster entertainment in the best of times. Any o' that sound like your kinda thing?"

Level with this guy.
The man and woman exchange a knowing look. "Just like Erik, inn't he?" He says. The faintest hint of a smile crosses her face. Unfortunately, before they can officially reply - just as they are turning to do so, in fact - a commotion rises over in the crowd. You turn to see fey and forest critters alike scattering. the reason whyy becomes apparent almost immediately as you look up. White hair, silver hair, storm grey hair, faces like thunderclouds, all puffy and lumpy, and eyes of ice. Fi anything looks like what it is called, it's a frost giant. and there are five of them, Not two minutes out form the clearing. The humans who were left behind grip their weapons more tightly, standing their ground, and making the fey nearby extrememly nervous. arms reach for stones and sticks, as shouts, high pitched, low pitched, warbling, clear, and froglike all call out in glorious disharmony.

Commstone:"Eye, where are you?"

He replies to the effect that he is around two turns out, moving back as quickly as he can.

Noir playfully begins  teasing dar via playing catch the tail running around in a circle and making it difficult the spikes are of course retracted.
Sure sure. Nothing to see here. Never mind that guy nearly stepping on you. Ignore the shouting, it's all good. Seriously, can't a cat play a little game of catchy-chasey without all these obnoxious interruptions?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 06, 2016, 07:15:43 am »

"Oh, right."

Instruct the tourney people to get the fuck out of the way already. DO NOT IRRITATE THE FROST GIANTS, FOR YOU ARE TINY AND MAKE A FUNNY NOISE WHEN POPPED.

Should that fail, however, make sure that at least I've gotten the fuck out of the way myself.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:58:55 am by Harry Baldman »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 06, 2016, 08:21:38 am »

>Do that.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 67