Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69328 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #270 on: May 02, 2016, 07:45:36 am »

"Say, eye-thing, is this the place where we're supposed to be?"

Continue piecing together the situation. Consider why this plant seems to be behaving in the opposite fashion from an actual plant.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 02, 2016, 04:29:10 pm »

Carry on, carry on...Follow the leader's request.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 07:52:33 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 02, 2016, 07:50:44 pm »

I shift back to my native form for a moment.
"Eye, do you see anything around that might have taken the missing kids? What are those things flying nearby?"
I then shift into raven form to continue the search, looking for any that might have ranged farther away from here.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 02, 2016, 07:51:54 pm »

>I will look.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 03, 2016, 09:45:04 am »

"Say, eye-thing, is this the place where we're supposed to be?"

Continue piecing together the situation. Consider why this plant seems to be behaving in the opposite fashion from an actual plant.
must be something about being a mobile plantlike creature. kinda like how some of your animal like friends are also sapient. Funny how life does that.

"This one believes missing Leafbabies were eaten.  It is understandable; Leafbabies sound delicious."

Don't say the above within earshot of the plant mother thing.  Then continue fetching leafbabies.
You catch about three more. they are geting fast, sneaky, or slippery. that leaves ... 31 to catch, i think

I shift back to my native form for a moment.
"Eye, do you see anything around that might have taken the missing kids? What are those things flying nearby?"
I then shift into raven form to continue the search, looking for any that might have ranged farther away from here.
You catch a group of stragglers out in the woods, sneaking from bush to bush. You gather them and bring them back. 26 to cathc. you swoop down at a litle group dancing in a clearing a distance form the parent plant, and they all dodge you with an embarrassing amount of ease.

Carry on, carry on...Follow the leader's request.
I don't know what you are doing.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 03, 2016, 10:12:46 am »

Oz, I asked the Eye what the nearby flyers were and if it had seen anything that might have taken the missing kids. TBF stated the Eye was continuing to perform retrieval duties, but would take a moment to attempt to ID the flyers and would tell me of anything it had seen that might have taken the missing kids.

Also, have we found the missing kids as of now?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 03, 2016, 10:15:39 am »

Of course it's a mobile plantlike creature. The question is, why is it trying to gather its offspring back together rather than trying to disperse them as far as possible like any decent plant would in its position?

Estimate odds that this fucker's up to something, in short.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 03, 2016, 11:17:06 am »

Oz, I asked the Eye what the nearby flyers were and if it had seen anything that might have taken the missing kids. TBF stated the Eye was continuing to perform retrieval duties, but would take a moment to attempt to ID the flyers and would tell me of anything it had seen that might have taken the missing kids.

Confirmed.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 03, 2016, 11:53:25 am »

I continue to look for any kids that are hidden from ground level or moved away from their parent, retrieving them as I can.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 03, 2016, 07:55:48 pm »

You have not found the missing kids.

Confirmed.
Scans indicate that there is sufficient activity in the area, including within the fringes of the forest, to account for the total number of plantbabies. No visual confirmation on the whereabouts of the remaining kids. there are no plant predators active in the immediate vicinity either. As for the creatures in the sky, well, they have moved on to the north east and are circling several miles away from you, in a descending pattern.

I continue to look for any kids that are hidden from ground level or moved away from their parent, retrieving them as I can.
You locate a couple of suspicious mounds of earth that look fresh. Sneaky bastards. You dig up three little hiders and plop them down by the momma. There are 31 left to gather, and of those, eight are not in evidence.

Continue Catching Kids.
Try as you can, you can't catch the gingerbread man. or these fast little jerks.

Of course it's a mobile plantlike creature. The question is, why is it trying to gather its offspring back together rather than trying to disperse them as far as possible like any decent plant would in its position?

Estimate odds that this fucker's up to something, in short.

"Yo, plantmomma, what's the dealio? Don't you plants and stuff like to spread your seed as far as you can? What's with the clumping? Gonna eat the babies or some sick shit like that?"

Plantmomma looks up at you from plucking a slug off one baby and squishing it between two leafpendages: "Strength in numbers, Blue. [cheep cheep cheep!]"

How ominous. You back up, hopefully out of throwing range in case she decides to Olimar it up in this place and chuck her kids onto your head. You look around for a large bulb on stilts nearby, but none seem evident.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 04, 2016, 06:10:42 am »

Well, keep looking.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 04, 2016, 11:29:36 am »

Well, keep looking.
This. repeat searching actions until we find them all.
-edit: fixed broken tag-
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:56:04 pm by Lenglon »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 04, 2016, 12:48:28 pm »

Keep. Searching.  Use self-enhancment magic to buff baby-hunting abilities.

((I had a dream last night where Dar'yajira and the eye found all the remaining leaf children, but Aylia turned into an octopus and got lost in a pond.  I was honestly surprised to see the post today and not have that be what happened.  Huh.))
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 67