Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 67

Author Topic: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage  (Read 69331 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega legion: The Satyr's Entourage
« Reply #240 on: April 22, 2016, 12:25:12 pm »

Maybe not run?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 22, 2016, 02:23:14 pm »

Kinda forgot about this for a while, what's going on?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 23, 2016, 01:59:43 am »

Aylia is trying to get out of a bush, Dar is trying to get into the same bush, the Eye is having a panic attack, due to being left in charge, and Fiddler is about to do combat with a thousand viscious enemies. You are staring dazedly at an open field, and wiping drool off your chin with your already damp shirt sleeve.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 24, 2016, 01:13:56 pm »

>Observe patch of brush.  If possible observe dehydrated plant and Ebony similarly, in decreasing order of priority.

>"Fiddler.  Do not move.  They will notice you less if you do not move."

>Auto-analysis subroutine?

The patch of brush has definitely moved to be in the location it is in, and is denser around Aylia than before. it is now inactive, though there is a motive will still guiding it, albeit less so than before. You note that several of the odd leaf creatures are within, and a few have scattered out from it at the sound of Aylia's greeting.

You begin to examine the dehydrated thing, but the wind picks up and causes you to become unstable in the air.

I re-activate my commstone
"I over-rated the threat of what I encountered, I'm fine now. Eye, you're still in charge for now, because you can see what is happening. be aware that there is some kind of plant-manipulating creatures along the forest edge. Evidently they are both easily startled and not innately hostile."
are there still fireflies in my hair? I don't mind them being there, but I want to know.
"I'm reasonably sure there is no threat on this side of the clearing, due to the presence of what I encountered, so I'm going to move into the clearing itself and see if I can solve the problem there, unless you want to direct me otherwise Eye."
I move into the clearing from my offset position, being stealthy and watchful in case there's a predator or other threat in here that the creature I encountered is trying to avoid.
You reach up to your hair and catch a firefly. it flashes weakly in your hand. They are still there. But the wind picks up in sudden spurts, causing your hair to fly, and probably dislodging most of them. You then work your way out of the brush, carefully edging around the thicker parts, and gently prying small branches out of your way. You look up at the darkening sky, and note a couple black shapes in the sky, wings outstretched and riding the wind. those might indeed be dangerous predators. They look large. You keep low in the grass and move softly to avoid looking like lunch.

Yes, I am definitely going to run from some kind of swarm of possibly stinging insect. What else am I supposed to do? Take it on the chin like a man?
You run. at first, the sound of angry buzzing follows you closely, and you even get stung a few times. The wind picks up, and suddenly, the angry buzzing is all around you, and you get stung a few more times. You feel little bug bodies smacking you in the back as well as sudden gusts nearly knock you off your feet. Soon, the bugs have been swept ahead of you by the gale, and you reach the woods practically airborn. I don't know how or why, but you really seem to be taking the brunt of the aggression of the world this quest.

Oh, you know, Omega stuff.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 25, 2016, 12:29:31 pm »

((eh, nah. they'd grip real tight in wind gusts, they wont want to go flying uncontrollably and hair is easier to grip than grass. i betcha they're mostly still there.))
Action Continued. I put the firefly back after I looked at it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 25, 2016, 02:17:47 pm »

Focus on not blowing away.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 26, 2016, 08:12:33 am »

((eh, nah. they'd grip real tight in wind gusts, they wont want to go flying uncontrollably and hair is easier to grip than grass. i betcha they're mostly still there.))
Action Continued. I put the firefly back after I looked at it.
You crawl forward to the center of the windswept clearing, seeing for yourself the withered plant bowing to the wind. it turns and looks at you with eyes like ladybugs.

Focus on not blowing away.
You succeed in not blowing away and hover over the clearing. No change fro  the creatures above.

Take to the ground, stealthily.  Drop whatever buffs were going, and maybe cast a small stealth-enhancing buff if it wouldn't take a significant amount of magic.

Then follow Aylia.

You stealth up and slink after Aylia, like a hobbit following a dwarf. That is, in terms of noise made. Not, you know, in terms of how Fiddler followed Durmokh, because that never happened. anyway, you remain behind her, but see the little clearing inside the field and the little withered plant thingy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 26, 2016, 08:42:23 am »

murmered into commstone:"Eyes on plant-related being in clearing, seems dehydrated. Anyone carrying water?"
If I'm carrying water, offer it to the creature.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 27, 2016, 08:19:02 am »

murmered into commstone:"Eyes on plant-related being in clearing, seems dehydrated. Anyone carrying water?"
If I'm carrying water, offer it to the creature.
You pour out a trickle of water from your waterskin. The plant thingy looks up at you and stands straight up, tilting it's head back and wailing in a thin, tiny, high pitfhed voice. the plant is about four feet tall, fully erect. "Lost! lost! I have lost them! What do I do? They won't come to me!" And then it sobs and hiccoughs sap appearing at the edges of it's ladybugs.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 27, 2016, 10:20:37 am »

"Do you know why they won't come?"
I settle where I am and pay close attention to the creature, beginning the slow process of learning a new form. I also am identifying if it is the same kind as those I encountered at the clearing's edge.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 10:25:05 am by Lenglon »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 27, 2016, 10:30:50 am »

How's the escape going?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 27, 2016, 01:55:40 pm »

Much observation.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 67