Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 59317 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(8/9): Day 3: Nobody died. Again.
« Reply #285 on: June 13, 2016, 09:58:02 pm »

Oh.  Now it's not making sense again.

Can you PLEASE put quotes in quote tags?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 13, 2016, 10:02:56 pm »

Oh!

No.  NQT claimed Canadian Jail, but was, as far as we know, never actually there.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 13, 2016, 10:04:38 pm »

I didn't care for what NQT was going to say because Jack caught him trying to kill Tiruin, and unless NQT likes to randomly vig people, I figured that NQT would naturally be scum. If I'm about to die and I'm scum, any opportunity I have to speak is something I can use to mess with the town, and NQT would probably be aware of the same.

I didn't simply say "I forgot" and end it there because I was working under the assumption that "I forgot" alone would be shut down immediately as a defense.

The result is confusing me because, at the heart of it, we had mechanical evidence (Jack intercepting and jailing NQT) that NQT tried to kill Tiruin, and was therefore scum, but turns out that he wasn't.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 13, 2016, 10:12:17 pm »

The result is confusing me because, at the heart of it, we had mechanical evidence (Jack intercepting and jailing NQT) that NQT tried to kill Tiruin, and was therefore scum, but turns out that he wasn't.
We didn't have that evidence, though?  Jack, care to enlighten us?
Sigtext

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: June 13, 2016, 10:16:53 pm »

We didn't have that evidence, though?  Jack, care to enlighten us?
My thing was not an action.  It was an auto, as I've said a few times now.  The auto stops the first kill or hammer against the Queen of Canada (Tiruin) each phase.  I am not notified of it taking effect, but had a hunch that that was the reason for the lack of a kill N1.  I asked around and NQT claimed to have been thrown into Canadian jail.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 13, 2016, 10:20:09 pm »

"He's scum. He's about to die. Why would he not lie and screw with the town?"
BHK: And we'd all know he was screwing with us after the (pretty much inevitable) flip.  We'd also know the responses each player would have had to the affair.  The former's impact would be minimal.  The benefit of the latter, though, could have been quite significant.  Would you agree?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: June 13, 2016, 10:42:38 pm »

"He's scum. He's about to die. Why would he not lie and screw with the town?"
BHK: And we'd all know he was screwing with us after the (pretty much inevitable) flip.  We'd also know the responses each player would have had to the affair.  The former's impact would be minimal.  The benefit of the latter, though, could have been quite significant.  Would you agree?
Yes. I had... some form of that idea in consideration, but I didn't know I was hammering.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 14, 2016, 06:25:45 am »

Wait, you mean that as someone who only posts from his phone and his profession, I had an excuse for my incompetence this whole time?

PFP

@Griffinpup, that's a satisfying enough answer for me. I just wanted to be sure you had some way of backing up the other guy's claim. Sorry for putting you in the hot seat, but...well, it is Mafia.

@Jack, you are misreading it. I completely ignored the PFP. It wasn't until she said something along the lines of
PFPing (meaning I'M BUSY [being the Queen]) {but in all seriousness--assume sincerity of busyness}
that I actually went back and saw "oh hey, an acronym."

In my defense, the wiki's I checked did not list PFP as a common acronym when I tried to look up what it means, so I guessed (and was kinda right?)

The BHK & griffinpup thing seems to be getting a little out of hand. It looks like they are both repeating the same exact thing, but are trying to say it louder each time. The vote and unvote by TBF is suspicious, not just because he voted when BHK had one vote on him and unvoted when BHK called him out for bandwagoning, but because I just said use FoS instead of voting at the end of D2.

No questions atm. I'll ask some when I get off the phone and start posting at my profession.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 14, 2016, 08:16:58 am »

Fallacy: A question, to clarify NQT's statements: Would the holder of the power Disaster Aversion be notified if it activated?
"Yes! Now here's why: players can see how many shots they have left in their abilities, and Disaster Aversion is a one-shot ability. If Disaster Aversion triggers, notquitethere would be made aware of it automatically because it went from one shot to zero."
~~~
Hey Fallacy: In what order are night actions processed?
"Barring bizarreness(of which there is plenty in this game), I'm trying to use [this] for night action processing."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 14, 2016, 12:00:05 pm »

TBF:

I am very suspicious of BHK with the purple defense there.  I mean, seriously?  Trading on character as a defense in a game where one's modus operandi should be 'assume everybody's lying until proven otherwise'?  And denigrating the game you're playing at the same time.
What happened between this and your actual vote from BHK to make you decide to step up from an FOS? And given that the only post BHK made between that and your unvote was pretty much the same thing as he had already said (plus calling you out for bandwagonning), why did that explanation satisfy you enough to drop the vote?

BHK
Ok, but why believe Jack about the details of the ability (and its condition of only triggering against kills) rather than NQT?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 14, 2016, 12:12:09 pm »

He was rather incoherent, which...Looks kind of scummy, when you don't even make sense.

Then he said something that actually made sense.

Honestly, I probably shouldn't have unvoted based on a single post, especially since he's pushing all the buttons that made me vote him in the first place again.
Sigtext

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 14, 2016, 12:29:40 pm »

PFP  :D
That's a fair point woozy.
BHK:
Let's try to clarify this. You knowingly lied about why you tried to hammer NQT. Right?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: June 14, 2016, 12:34:04 pm »

@griffinpup:Whoa, loaded question much?  BHK lied about why he voted NQT, but he says he wasn't aware of his vote being the hammer.  I'm inclined to believe him on that.
Sigtext

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: June 14, 2016, 12:38:46 pm »

BHK
Ok, but why believe Jack about the details of the ability (and its condition of only triggering against kills) rather than NQT?
When a cop outs with a guilty report, do you lynch the cop first?

BHK:
Let's try to clarify this. You knowingly lied about why you tried to hammer NQT. Right?
I didn't lie. I just didn't state my primary reason for hammering as my only defense.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: June 14, 2016, 12:43:58 pm »

@griffinpup:Whoa, loaded question much?  BHK lied about why he voted NQT, but he says he wasn't aware of his vote being the hammer.  I'm inclined to believe him on that.
Specifically, I just want to clarify that he knowingly lied. I don't know whether his real reason was that he forgot it was a hammer or not. I'm just concerned with clarifying that he did consciously decide to tell us something untrue. Does that make sense?
BHK
When a cop outs with a guilty report, do you lynch the cop first?

BHK:
I didn't lie. I just didn't state my primary reason for hammering as my only defense.
1. Do you buff a cop after he outs an innocent player?
2. So you hammered nqt because of his response of "you'll regret it?"
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33