Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 59213 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(8/9): Day 3: Nobody died. Again.
« Reply #315 on: June 14, 2016, 04:12:52 pm »

Because, to the best of my knowledge, I haven't actually contradicted myself, DA.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 14, 2016, 04:14:23 pm »

1. Do you buff a cop after he outs an innocent player?
1. I forgot. Even then, I got redirected three times. I never had a choice that night anyway.
To clarify, just because your scummy plan didn't work doesn't mean that it wasn't a scummy plan.  Oh, and when is a justified policy lynch okay?
Deus!: (DA?)
Who do you think is scummy?

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 14, 2016, 05:17:30 pm »

At the minute, Jack seems fairly town-y, and TBF seems scummy. BHK's logic is kind of erratic, but he's unlikely to be scum if TBF is. Who would have been your choice for a tarot reading last night (assuming no redirects)?

TBF, your behaviour is contradictory. You've voted for BHK for a lack of consistency, but you can't seem to decide whether you actually want to commit to the vote or not. Frankly, it looks like you were expecting a proper bandwagon to form around him and wanted to be on it before you looked like a latecomer or opportunist, then panicked when that didn't happen.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 14, 2016, 05:22:02 pm »

No, I voted BHK because he was being weird.  And then he stopped being weird for one post, and I, in my naïvety, thought he would continue not being weird so I unvoted.  And now he's being weird again.

And yeah, it's hard to decide whether to commit to a vote that's mostly behavioral suspicion.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 14, 2016, 05:29:13 pm »

BHK
BHK
The result is confusing me because, at the heart of it, we had mechanical evidence (Jack intercepting and jailing NQT) that NQT tried to kill Tiruin, and was therefore scum, but turns out that he wasn't.
Ok, but why believe Jack about the details of the ability (and its condition of only triggering against kills) rather than NQT?
When a cop outs with a guilty report, do you lynch the cop first?
Jack's only definite result was that NQT had performed a night kill (based off NQT's claim). Did you think that Jack was more likely to be town than NQT before the action claim? Even if he had been scum, I don't see why it would've been a bad thing to see what he said before being lynched.
I said before that I thought far enough ahead to realize that if he were scum, his response would be a lie, but not far enough to realize that the town would know that. Nothing went wrong with the thought process, but common sense didn't say anything.

1. Do you buff a cop after he outs an innocent player?
1. I forgot. Even then, I got redirected three times. I never had a choice that night anyway.
To clarify, just because your scummy plan didn't work doesn't mean that it wasn't a scummy plan.  Oh, and when is a justified policy lynch okay?
With the lack of a better suspect, a policy lynch is fine. Generally, a person who doesn't create many arguments is easier to sway when it gets down to a mylo or lylo situation. It sounds harsh, but I can't think of a better way to say it.

Has anyone who hasn't said anything have any results or input? Things might be getting stagnant.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 14, 2016, 05:45:26 pm »

Is a safe lynch someone who uses abilities randomly without thought?

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 14, 2016, 05:48:40 pm »

I don't have much to add to this...squabble, and these redirects kinda throw me off (both with my notes and with my scum radar). At this point, I'm more likely to vote for TBF, though NQT's last few posts about suggesting DA was his attempted killer (which I admit, I totally forgot about between N2 and my post), has me looking at him as a suspect instead.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 14, 2016, 05:49:20 pm »

EBDP

Obligatory PFP

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 14, 2016, 05:52:42 pm »

Is there any reason you have for dwelling on a subject we've already considered, and you've already nearly exhausted other than taking attention away from other opportunities for scumhunting?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 14, 2016, 05:56:33 pm »

How are ties resolved?
Sigtext

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 14, 2016, 05:58:48 pm »

Woozy:
I don't have much to add to this...squabble, and these redirects kinda throw me off (both with my notes and with my scum radar). At this point, I'm more likely to vote for TBF, though NQT's last few posts about suggesting DA was his attempted killer (which I admit, I totally forgot about between N2 and my post), has me looking at him as a suspect instead.
So Woozy, I don't think that NQT was inherently right because he never got a notification his one-shot went off, and fallacy said that would of happened.
BHK:
Is there any reason you have for dwelling on a subject we've already considered, and you've already nearly exhausted other than taking attention away from other opportunities for scumhunting?
... Because your gut reaction countervoting takes up lots of your busy time? please, ignore my question and start scumhunting.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 14, 2016, 06:14:01 pm »

BHK:
... Because your gut reaction countervoting takes up lots of your busy time? please, ignore my question and start scumhunting.
If the only questions you're asking today are loaded, then gladly.

Alright, someone's bought to my attention, through a quicktopic link granted through an ability of theirs, that they can apparently skip a single night phase, only asking to know what the Death tarot card did in exchange, which I stated before in a post. They've resolved to skip Night 4, so regicide averted.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 14, 2016, 06:24:29 pm »

... Interesting. Do you know who it is?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 14, 2016, 06:30:19 pm »

I do. The reason why I'm not going to reveal who they are should be obvious.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 14, 2016, 06:31:05 pm »

I do. The reason why I'm not going to reveal who they are should be obvious.
Obviously. When was the quicktopic started?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 33