Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 59203 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(9/9): Day 2: Nobody dead?
« Reply #240 on: June 10, 2016, 04:09:40 am »

And then I forgot to preview :v

This all goes to show that you shouldn't leap to conclusions and quickhammer someone before giving them time to explain and if town lose this it'll be your own damn fault.
If that was the case--I'd ask BHK to state what his tarot cards actually do, because you're only working on open conclusions--or rather, those that acted.

I was being misleading about Canadian Jail (which is unfortunate as it seems to have led to my death). My flavour doesn't mention anything about Canada. I was trying to draw more info out by pretending to be successfully blocked. Dumb plan as it happens.

But it could have been that! My block kills if I use it on the same person two nights in a row. So it depends on the wording of his power/how Fallacy is implementing it.

I'm a dead man and town, there's no point me lying about any of this.
And yet you do mention jail?
I don't know how misleading means.
Jack, did you throw me in Canadian Jail specifically or is it randomised?
Because that's some precise wording.

However it does draw the case towards that quick vote--inasmuch as I'd like to say,

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 10, 2016, 04:22:25 am »

The thing is, I knew I had a failed block attempt against me. Jack was claiming people might have been blocked by Canadian Jail (and I might have been) so I tried to draw more info out of him. That only made him jump to the wrong conclusion about it.

I wanted to pretend to be successfully jailed to fool scum into thinking that that was why a kill against me failed.

As you'll all soon see, I am town, and am not responsible for the night kill. Prominent possibilities:

1. Deus Asmoth or his ally tried to kill me but failed due to my one-shot NK immunity
2. Tiruin's kill was blocked by me.
3. TBF was blocked trying to kill Tiruin.

If you lynch Deus first and he flips town, then one of TBF or Tiruin should be scum.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 10, 2016, 05:22:43 am »

What.

So, basically, just to be clear: after being hit with a block with flavour that had nothing to do with Canada and doesn't even seem to have anything to do with jails, NQT decided to claim to have been thrown into Canadian jail.  It was public knowledge at the time that Canadian jail had pretty specific flavour: a Canadian jail as understood by the blockee's in-flavour character.  NQT claims the Canadian jailing to try to get information from me about his block that lacks Canadian jail flavour (and to confuse scum), and in the process unknowingly claims to have tried to kill Tiruin.

And then I see this and leap to the conclusion that the player claiming to have been hit with a Canadian jail-flavoured action failure was in fact hit with a Canadian jail-flavoured action failure, with all the inferences that must be made from that.  From there, because letting NQT respond is overrated (and/or requires too much attention to the votecount) (doubt he'd have survived anyway), we reach a rare B12 hammer.

I think I'm getting this right.

NQT, please tell me that the block on you at least had something flavour-wise to do with jails.

Per day, then reset for once per night?  Or per cycle?  I just answered my own question, nevermind.
TBF: Per phase.  Phase: one section of the cycle (one day is a phase, one night is a phase).
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 10, 2016, 05:48:07 am »

I didn't get any flavour for the block because it failed. Fallacy was a gent and told me about it but that's it. No one else is claiming to have blocked me, so either scum were to blame for it or I genuinely was effected by the block because my power can kill if used twice in a row.

Or you could be lying about how it works.

Clearly given all the info I've just relayed (possibly solving the game) letting me respond wouldn't have been overrated.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 10, 2016, 07:10:48 am »

...three pages later.

Page 14:

@4mask I guess? I mean, if you ask me "Who did you target last night?" I would say "No one." You wouldn't know if that meant I didn't take an action, or if I used an action on myself/everyone. If you ask "What did you do last night?" I would say, "I didn't use an action."

You could also say, "None of your business," which is basically what you did in so many words.

Page 15:

@griffinpup Even after you edited my comment, I'm still not defending him. I literally said, "I can see why you are suspicous of him." And then in the part you edited out, I gave my own reason for him being suspicious.

And I'm not role-fishing everyone, I'm role-fishing you.

While you aren't responsible for TDS's embarassingly low activity, you are responsible for his partial claims. If you aren't able to support this "claim," TDS was obviously lying, which means you lied.

@Jack I didn't know what "PFP" meant (still don't, though I assume it has to do with saying "I'm alive, there's just too much going on for me to respond." Once she posted, I was satisfied. Un-FoS (that's a thing, right?)

Role-fishing is one thing, asking for actions is another. Getting people to say "I didn't do anything, mind your own buisness, or I targeted x" is my goal. The only reason I'm role-fishing griffinpup is because I have something that sounds like a good reason, but I guess it could wait until tomorrow.

@Tiruin (I've heard plenty of "Fuzzy-Wozzy" parodies, so is a widely accepted thought)

Looking at my reply to Jack, you'll see that I didn't know what PFP meant, so you weren't avoiding questions, you were just busy! It wasn't my question towards you, it was everyone else's.

FoS on BHK for attempting to hammer 9 hours before the deadline, especially if they turn up town.

Can y'all not vote willy nilly next time, and just use FoS? I mean, that was 3 votes on NQT that could have easily been an FoS instead, because Jack didn't even show his proof until afterwards. It's that fucking simple. Thankfully, we at least managed to get all the info we needed from him. I want to clarify that I'm not upset that he's dead (let's face it, we would have ended up lynching him because he dug his own grave), but when there's a chance this might happen to someone who actually doesn't deserve to get lynched, I'm gonna be pretty peeved.

Sorry about the edit. I figured since you have timestamps, everyone could see it was just two minutes later.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 10, 2016, 08:47:49 am »

BHK
BHK: So, if you don't mind telling us, why did you specifically target Tiruin knowing that whatever this is could happen?
Because that outcome was a less than 10 percent chance. At least Death's effect won't kick in until the end of Night 4, and the other two effects are fine.
Y'know this subtly tells me that this action isn't a separate action--it's an action that has multiple effects happening after you use it, with a chance % of such an effect happening. :P
...SHALL I DIE BY LEAD POISONING NOW?!
Are you aware of the outcome that happened?
BHK: What prompted you to target me?
Alright, some more information. I draw a random three cards from my "deck" holding 11 Major Arcana Tarot Cards, and use them to read someone's fate, which gives different effects for the three nights after the reading, depending on the card I drew. For you I drew The Empress, The High Priestess, and Death, in that order. Due to The Empress's design, it's effect will take place on Night 3 alongside The High Priestess. I'm not stating the effects of the two until they take action. Death, however, if you are town, was a very bad card to draw. On Night 4, when Death kicks in, you will be immediately killed, bypassing all redirections, protections, or any other actions that could otherwise interfere with a kill and it's intended target. It is, however, not considered a kill action, for some reason. This is why I'm telling you to make the most of the time you have for the game.

I targeted you because you becoming queen and all that would naturally warrant an investigation due to the attention, and if you turned up mafia, we would remove you from the game before any beneficial card effects took place, which made you a safe target.
Does this mean you know what the effects are?
Also welp. Guess that means I'm shotgunning everyone on N3. :v Since I already said it's a protect and scum know I'm a protector, either taking me out now or blocking me N3 shall be the plan. Unless you're scum, BHK--but that's possible both ways here.

...So, lead poisoning flavor? I know people can PM Fallacy for flavor requests (as I've done in my games :P)

I am aware of every effect each card has. I do have a plan, if Fallacy tells me it works.
Guess not. Sorry, Tiruin. Night 4 it is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 10, 2016, 08:58:44 am »

I've double-checked the OP and it states nothing about not talking after a hammer (which makes sense given the secret hammer system), so I'll take the opportunity to do so.
... okay, it's okay to talk until the day's closed.
You are, however, dead. If I'm right.
BHK, Griffinpup, TheBiggerFish, Tiruin, and I are all voting for NQT.

Nobody's coming up in votecounts as a double-voter.  5 of 9 votes, a majority.  We've got hammer.
FallacyofUrist: Please confirm whether BHK just hammered.
Your links look okay to me.
~~~
"HA! HAAAA! DIE!"

Votecount Initiating.

Votecount:
Deus Asmoth(1): [notquitethere]
griffinpup(0): []
TheBiggerFish(1): [4maskwolf]
notquitethere(5): [griffinpup, Tiruin, Jack A T, TheBiggerFish, BlackHeartKabal]
Jack A T(0): []
BlackHeartKabal(0): []
Wozzy(0): []
4maskwolf(0): []
Tiruin(0): []

((As always, please correct me if I got any part of the vote count wrong.))

"That's a wrap! Take him out, L.Y.N.C.H.!!!

The L.Y.N.C.H. vibrates softly, then emits a harpoon of energy from its screen, promptly impacting notquitethere. With a wrenching sound, a huge amount of energy is pulled from the God of Misfortune's corpse.

Analysis follows.

notquitethere was a God of Misfortune(town)
(Night): Unfortunate Accident [target]: Your target slips on a banana peel and smashes their head or equivalent into a wall, knocking them out and hence blocking them. If you successfully use this on a given target two nights in a row, in addition to the blocking, it will also kill them. Blunt force trauma. Simple, yet effective.
(1-Shot, Auto): Disaster Aversion: When you would be hit by a kill action, it’s redirected to a random player other than you. This ability only works once, unfortunately.

~~~
Night 2 has begun. Night 2 will end... 5:48 P.M. central/forum time on Saturday(assuming I got my math right, please correct me via PM if I didn't), assuming I don't receive all the actions I need first. If you do not intend to act, please tell me so.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 10:00:37 am by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(8/9): Night 2: DEATH! JOY!
« Reply #247 on: June 11, 2016, 06:17:42 pm »

Processing night actions.
Preemptive warning: no deaths.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(8/9): Day 3: Nobody died. Again.
« Reply #248 on: June 11, 2016, 06:56:12 pm »

"Why, why, WHY are you all still alive? At least the god of misfortune's still dead... blast it. Why must you live?"

Votecount Initiating.

Votecount:
Deus Asmoth(0): []
griffinpup(0): []
TheBiggerFish(0): []
Jack A T(0): []
BlackHeartKabal(0): []
Wozzy(0): []
4maskwolf(0): []
Tiruin(0): []

((As always, please correct me if I got any part of the vote count wrong.))

Null groans under his breath, then teleports away, leaving you all in a fancy french restaurant. Aboard a ship? Anyway...

Day 3 has begun. Courtesy of a future lack of internet access on my part for one week, it will end June 21. Some time June 21.

((I figured just extending the day for a massive duration would be preferable to putting the game on hiatus. This way you have plenty of time to lynch somebody.))

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 11, 2016, 07:18:04 pm »

Well that's odd.  Anyone got any ideas why this keeps happening?

Not that I'm complaining, mind, but it's strange.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 11, 2016, 07:21:32 pm »

Off topic: FallacyofUrist, do you debate??  :P

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 11, 2016, 07:24:23 pm »

I tried to read Jack's tarot. I then got redirected to myself, and tried to read my own tarot, but then I was redirected again to Tiruin, which would have failed anyway, because I already read her, but I didn't try because I was finally redirected to Deus Asmoth.

The Sun, The Fool, The Hermit.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 11, 2016, 07:29:37 pm »

What the flying skeletal carp?

That's...1, 2, 3 redirects at once?  Yikes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 11, 2016, 07:52:49 pm »

Just popping in to say that I will not be active this weekend.  Busy time, exam prep, etc.  Should be back Monday afternoon.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 11, 2016, 08:53:55 pm »

Off topic: FallacyofUrist, do you debate??  :P
((I'm curious as to what would make you think that. My answer: I don't debate(though I would like to).))

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 33