Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 59262 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(9/9): Day 2: Nobody dead?
« Reply #225 on: June 09, 2016, 11:31:38 pm »

(1)@Jack:Yes, you do.
(2)Jack:There's been some inconsistency on this point:Is it one kill per person per phase, or one kill per phase that is blocked by Canadian Jail?
TBF:
1. ...Why?
2. The entire auto can trigger only once per phase.  One kill or one hammer.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 09, 2016, 11:35:00 pm »

@Jack, again:Well.  You don't really, you could be scumteam with Tiruin, but I doubt this for some reason.  Possibly because I'm unused to Tiruin as possibly EEEEEEEEVVVVVVVIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL, but Tiruin ANNOUNCED their Queen-ness openly for no discernible benefit scumwise.  It would have been much better to hide it if you got an auto that blocked a vigilante Townie murdercating you.

Per day, then reset for once per night?  Or per cycle?  I just answered my own question, nevermind.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 09, 2016, 11:38:23 pm »

Wait.

BHK, Griffinpup, TheBiggerFish, Tiruin, and I are all voting for NQT.

Nobody's coming up in votecounts as a double-voter.  5 of 9 votes, a majority.  We've got hammer.

FallacyofUrist: Please confirm whether BHK just hammered.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 09, 2016, 11:39:38 pm »

@griffinpup:Mafia kill is used to refer to the Mafia's nightkill.  You were probably looking for 'scummy'.  Although the possibility of a Freudian typo or something merits a FoS.

Also griffinpup: Why and how are you able to be so specific with your assessment of BHK's role?  Except you aren't.  Ninjas.
My phrasing was non-specific. I'll agree with that.  But...  You could at least do me the courtesy of responding to my posts...
@griffinpup:It's also true.  Although I can't prove it to you, which is the problem.  I mean, I could prove it to myself but that wouldn't do anything.
What are you talking about?
@griffinpup, how did I defend Deus? I gave my reason for being suspicious of him.
The Deus Asmoth thing seems to be reaching for me, but there is some merit in it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 09, 2016, 11:40:34 pm »

@Tiruin:Define "shotgun everyone with a protection" a bit?

I want to know whether I should be worrying.
I can either use my ability once every cycle, or use its alternative (make that ability into a one-shot) to have it apply to everyone.
So, shotgun. :P

PFP because I'm not feeling that well

BHK
BHK: So, if you don't mind telling us, why did you specifically target Tiruin knowing that whatever this is could happen?
Because that outcome was a less than 10 percent chance. At least Death's effect won't kick in until the end of Night 4, and the other two effects are fine.
Y'know this subtly tells me that this action isn't a separate action--it's an action that has multiple effects happening after you use it, with a chance % of such an effect happening. :P
...SHALL I DIE BY LEAD POISONING NOW?!
Are you aware of the outcome that happened?
BHK: What prompted you to target me?
Alright, some more information. I draw a random three cards from my "deck" holding 11 Major Arcana Tarot Cards, and use them to read someone's fate, which gives different effects for the three nights after the reading, depending on the card I drew. For you I drew The Empress, The High Priestess, and Death, in that order. Due to The Empress's design, it's effect will take place on Night 3 alongside The High Priestess. I'm not stating the effects of the two until they take action. Death, however, if you are town, was a very bad card to draw. On Night 4, when Death kicks in, you will be immediately killed, bypassing all redirections, protections, or any other actions that could otherwise interfere with a kill and it's intended target. It is, however, not considered a kill action, for some reason. This is why I'm telling you to make the most of the time you have for the game.

I targeted you because you becoming queen and all that would naturally warrant an investigation due to the attention, and if you turned up mafia, we would remove you from the game before any beneficial card effects took place, which made you a safe target.
Does this mean you know what the effects are?
Also welp. Guess that means I'm shotgunning everyone on N3. :v Since I already said it's a protect and scum know I'm a protector, either taking me out now or blocking me N3 shall be the plan. Unless you're scum, BHK--but that's possible both ways here.

...So, lead poisoning flavor? I know people can PM Fallacy for flavor requests (as I've done in my games :P)

@Jack, again:Well.  You don't really, you could be scumteam with Tiruin, but I doubt this for some reason.  Possibly because I'm unused to Tiruin as possibly EEEEEEEEVVVVVVVIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLL, but Tiruin ANNOUNCED their Queen-ness openly for no discernible benefit scumwise.  It would have been much better to hide it if you got an auto that blocked a vigilante Townie murdercating you.

Per day, then reset for once per night?  Or per cycle?  I just answered my own question, nevermind.
♥ you too dude.

Wait.

BHK, Griffinpup, TheBiggerFish, Tiruin, and I are all voting for NQT.

Nobody's coming up in votecounts as a double-voter.  5 of 9 votes, a majority.  We've got hammer.

FallacyofUrist: Please confirm whether BHK just hammered.
...Well if it's a hammer, I can't save people with my Timezones ability :I Harrumph!

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 09, 2016, 11:44:50 pm »

BHK
BHK: So, if you don't mind telling us, why did you specifically target Tiruin knowing that whatever this is could happen?
Because that outcome was a less than 10 percent chance. At least Death's effect won't kick in until the end of Night 4, and the other two effects are fine.
Y'know this subtly tells me that this action isn't a separate action--it's an action that has multiple effects happening after you use it, with a chance % of such an effect happening. :P
Alright, some more information. I draw a random three cards from my "deck" holding 11 Major Arcana Tarot Cards, and use them to read someone's fate, which gives different effects for the three nights after the reading, depending on the card I drew. For you I drew The Empress, The High Priestess, and Death, in that order. Due to The Empress's design, it's effect will take place on Night 3 alongside The High Priestess. I'm not stating the effects of the two until they take action. Death, however, if you are town, was a very bad card to draw. On Night 4, when Death kicks in, you will be immediately killed, bypassing all redirections, protections, or any other actions that could otherwise interfere with a kill and it's intended target. It is, however, not considered a kill action, for some reason. This is why I'm telling you to make the most of the time you have for the game.

I targeted you because you becoming queen and all that would naturally warrant an investigation due to the attention, and if you turned up mafia, we would remove you from the game before any beneficial card effects took place, which made you a safe target.
Does this mean you know what the effects are?
Also welp. Guess that means I'm shotgunning everyone on N3. :v Since I already said it's a protect and scum know I'm a protector, either taking me out now or blocking me N3 shall be the plan. Unless you're scum, BHK--but that's possible both ways here.

...So, lead poisoning flavor? I know people can PM Fallacy for flavor requests (as I've done in my games :P)

I am aware of every effect each card has. I do have a plan, if Fallacy tells me it works.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 09, 2016, 11:59:12 pm »

Hey Fallacy: In what order are night actions processed?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 10, 2016, 02:32:53 am »

I've double-checked the OP and it states nothing about not talking after a hammer (which makes sense given the secret hammer system), so I'll take the opportunity to do so.

1. I'm town and you're all bad people for lynching me.
2. I blocked Tiruin last night and was blocked myself.
3. Blocking actions can't be blocked in this game.
4. I'm immune to one night kill.
5. Deus Asmoth indicated that scum's target survived their kill attempt.
6. This makes me think that either Deus tried to kill me, or someone who was blocked (including Tiruin) was the killer.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 10, 2016, 02:38:30 am »

I've double-checked the OP and it states nothing about not talking after a hammer (which makes sense given the secret hammer system), so I'll take the opportunity to do so.

1. I'm town and you're all bad people for lynching me.
2. I blocked Tiruin last night and was blocked myself.
6. This makes me think that either Deus tried to kill me, or someone who was blocked (including Tiruin) was the killer.

...Could I extendedly ask on one point:
Tiruin, there was no kill last night. I learned that someone had blocked you. This makes you suspect #2.

But suspect #1 is:

Deus Asmoth
So, no deaths. A cult seems like it would be against the flavour of the game comsidering how much our host wants us to kill each other, so presumably we have some kind of doctor/bulletproof person.
This seems really telling to me, as it's all from the perspective of someone that tried to kill but their target survived. You don't consider the scum being blocked or choosing not to kill and you dismiss a cult. Who did you try to kill so unsuccessfully, Deus?
If this is pretty much your suspicions, why is there a big leap of contrast here? "Suspect 1. Suspect 2." It's like there's a finality with how you check out your suspects because of your actions--and yet assuming kills.

PFP
You didn't even go into the 'Expound on why you targeted that dude' <_<
I feel eegnorrd. rawrrr I:
As far as I know, all roleblocks happen at the same time--so a roleblocker can be blocked. You blocking me does not conform to ALERTING THE QUEEN (it's just like a pedestrian in the way, they just delay the person while the Queen shows utmost respect to them and asks to move--she's delayed a bit but no pressure to her soul).
Next off: Deus Asmoth's 'indicator' requires more findings. What do you see into what he's saying that ups its validity score by a lot?

Next: Why you? #6

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 10, 2016, 03:26:20 am »

BHK

Also as an aside, I still suspect you--albeit in a very interesting specimen kind of perception :I
Wooow look at these Major Arcana lists!

PFP

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 10, 2016, 03:35:24 am »

Tiruin, I have mod confirmation that blocking can't be blocked. It's to avoid paradox. As a dead man, I'm not going to lie about this.

I explained my reasoning in that numbered list. You were suspicious because I blocked you and there was no kill. Deus was also suspicious because he seemed to indicate scum hadn't been blocked, but rather had tried to kill me (or someone else nk-immune) and failed. Given that I know scum failing to kill due to targeting me (and me being an obvious target for a kill), Deus's wording jumped out as suspicious. Hence why I'm voting him.

I blocked Tiruin last night as she had voted me and seemed most likely to target me with an action.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 10, 2016, 03:48:29 am »

NQT: How do you reconcile the fact that Jack claims his specific roleblock is triggered by kill attempts on the queen and specifically blocks the killer, you all but claiming to have been put in Canadian jail, and your own claim of having roleblocked Tiruin?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 10, 2016, 03:59:53 am »

I was being misleading about Canadian Jail (which is unfortunate as it seems to have led to my death). My flavour doesn't mention anything about Canada. I was trying to draw more info out by pretending to be successfully blocked. Dumb plan as it happens.

But it could have been that! My block kills if I use it on the same person two nights in a row. So it depends on the wording of his power/how Fallacy is implementing it.

I'm a dead man and town, there's no point me lying about any of this.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 10, 2016, 04:04:14 am »

This all goes to show that you shouldn't leap to conclusions and quickhammer someone before giving them time to explain and if town lose this it'll be your own damn fault.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 10, 2016, 04:08:19 am »

Hmm...in deference to the hammer, I'll snip out the post I was to write for tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33