Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 59179 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(9/9): Day 1. Is this some sort of game show?
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2016, 01:38:00 pm »

@Wozzy:Apparently he's not used to a playstyle that's straight out of FG&RP's freeforms where there are lots of little posts.

For future reference, it's standard practice to bold names of people you're asking questions to, and @<name> those you're replying to.

So the book of doom is not a player?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2016, 01:43:49 pm »

@Jack A T- do you also go by the alias of JackWest?
Wozzy: Never heard of him.
I recommend quickly skimming through (part of) one of the recent non-beginner's games to get a basic idea of B12 play.  Big Top Mafia is relatively short.  Also, here's a link to the Lurker Tracker, a tool you will find useful for your analysis later (always check the 'Clear db first' box).

Hm. Noted. The "default time zone clock" should still be viewable by anyone who wants to, right?
Fallacy: Only if they change their settings back.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2016, 01:53:10 pm »

So the book of doom is not a player?
"Correctomundo! Which means that I can torment you all I like! HAHA!"

Hm. Noted. The "default time zone clock" should still be viewable by anyone who wants to, right?
Fallacy: Only if they change their settings back.
Hm. Which might be an inconvenience.
Hold on. HMMM.

When I view "Look and Layout" in my profile settings, just below the "Time Offset" thing is a display that apparently displays the "current forum time". If you have changed your settings thus that the normal clock in the top right hand corner is different than forum time, you should be able to go to "Look and Layout" to view the forum time. Should.

Good?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2016, 01:54:53 pm »

Not really good.

I'm on mobile, that's too much menu.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 31, 2016, 04:29:57 pm »

TheBiggerFish: I never said I'd seen or paid much attention to your other games, just that I know you've played at least a few games.  I must admit it piques my curiosity that you accuse me of "jumping on you" for an FOS.

Wozzy: I was prodding him for a reaction, and a reaction I obtained.  What purpose did you see in questioning the book, a non-player entity in a non-bastard game?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 31, 2016, 04:31:18 pm »

For those of you with the time zone stuff: Forum time is currently equivalent to Central time.  I assume you can figure out anything you need from there.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 31, 2016, 04:33:19 pm »

@BlackHeartKabal- as the player who introduced me to this forum (I've never even played DF, so I wouldn't have found it otherwise), you have the unfortunate role of being the only player I actually do know the playstyle of. On a scale of 1 to Deathnote book, how out of this world is your role?
My presence in the game will scale with RNG and time, and barring conversions, I likely won't be lying about what I can do.
TBF - Why such a strong sense of self preservation?

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 31, 2016, 05:09:12 pm »

@4maskwolf- I was prodding the book for a reaction, but I didn't receive one. And how can you be positive it isn't a bastard game? Currently the only people who know it definitely isn't are...well, mafia.

@BHK, just to clarify, you are saying that based on certain conditions, your abilities will become more interesting as the game goes on, right?

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 31, 2016, 05:12:09 pm »

The real reason for voting the book is because I don't expect NPCs in Mafia games, so I figured voting for it was worth a shot. Obviously the L.Y.N.C.H. won't allow me to do that, so my fears are quelled.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 31, 2016, 05:14:07 pm »

@4maskwolf- I was prodding the book for a reaction, but I didn't receive one. And how can you be positive it isn't a bastard game? Currently the only people who know it definitely isn't are...well, mafia.
I just went back and read the OP, and boy would I have felt stupid if I was wrong.  But nope, I'm not.  I'm not sure what the protocol is wherever you are from re: bastard mods, but here on Bay12 it's considered proper to let your players know what they are in for when they join a game, and thus the fact that a game is bastard or semi-bastard is mentioned in the game description.  So no, everyone in the game knows that it isn't a bastard mod game.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2016, 05:20:07 pm »

@4maskwolf, that works for me, thank you for pointing out my mistake

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2016, 05:34:56 pm »

@BHK, just to clarify, you are saying that based on certain conditions, your abilities will become more interesting as the game goes on, right?
My ability is static, it's just that it's extremely RNG based.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2016, 05:45:20 pm »

For those of you with the time zone stuff: Forum time is currently equivalent to Central time.  I assume you can figure out anything you need from there.
Wonderful. Thanks. I imagine this might be of help.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2016, 08:51:39 pm »

My ability is static, it's just that it's extremely RNG based.

Interesting. Your description of your role is very similar to mine.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2016, 09:09:12 pm »

@BHK:Are you saying I should just be lynching myself now or something?  I know I'm Town.  If I rolled over and died it wouldn't help anybody but the Mafia.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33