Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 114858 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #975 on: November 07, 2016, 01:30:44 am »

((Oz, could you help me calculate Merris's corruption level, assuming she does nothing affecting her corruption level this turn? I don't know the current math system for it, but you seem to know how your corruption level works so...))

((Oh, and um, does she gain dex from the dog arm? do I note that on her charsheet? I figure since you were on the "use demon parts" round you'd know how that stuff works and what I need to do to make her sheet accurate.))

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #976 on: November 07, 2016, 11:20:23 am »

>piecewise: Use awesome charisma to create witty thread title to entice people to come watch senile ghosts bumbling through the magical realm of mutilation.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: November 07, 2016, 11:23:27 am »

Burn 20 corruption to take one of the shins from the grinning demon corpses.

Spoiler: Joe (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 06:34:05 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: November 07, 2016, 03:23:15 pm »

((Is Oro still in testing? Or is this a full on run?))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: November 07, 2016, 04:36:02 pm »

Piecewise. is there no corruption cost associated with the mancatcher paw?

This post is to aid Lenglon in calculating her sheet. I'll have an action turn soon.

((Oz, could you help me calculate Merris's corruption level, assuming she does nothing affecting her corruption level this turn? I don't know the current math system for it, but you seem to know how your corruption level works so...))

((Oh, and um, does she gain dex from the dog arm? do I note that on her charsheet? I figure since you were on the "use demon parts" round you'd know how that stuff works and what I need to do to make her sheet accurate.))
Sure thing.
Spoiler: First, the corruption (click to show/hide)

@Whisperling: your head has 15 hp left. You should name your guy Squish.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 04:45:18 pm by Ozarck »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: November 07, 2016, 05:05:10 pm »

Thank you very much Oz
Upon noticing the attack upon my teammate, I ready my bow and look in the direction it came from, readyto return fire or evade as needed.

Spoiler:  Merris (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 05:14:06 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: November 07, 2016, 05:12:58 pm »

Minnow will scan Ouro's shell for threats. If this is an Int roll, I will be using base stat. If i can do so this round as well, I will replace my left hand with the skeletal hand from the miser, using the stat bonus and taking 15 corruption. This will destroy 1/3 of my writhe of flesh spell. Will that deactivate it and remove the malus from my int?

@ Lenglon: No problem. You should add your stat bonus next to your normal stat as well. that's so PW can see it at a glance. he requested that in the previous test.

Spoiler: Miser's corpse (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: the dogs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Oz "Minnow" (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: November 07, 2016, 05:16:19 pm »

((post edited))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: ORO: Senile ghosts bumbling through the magical realm of mutilation
« Reply #983 on: November 07, 2016, 06:07:38 pm »

((Beirus, if we have time, I might help you loot, but it looks like the natives are restless. spend some corruption, and loot a shin. good luck.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: November 07, 2016, 06:34:49 pm »

((My bad, didn't see that part when I skimmed the last turn. Edited my post.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #985 on: November 07, 2016, 07:58:24 pm »

Burn 20 corruption to take one of the shins from the grinning demon corpses.

41+20+[85] You carefully reassemble your limb using the shin and the hand of the demon canine.

Piecewise. is there no corruption cost associated with the mancatcher paw?

This post is to aid Lenglon in calculating her sheet. I'll have an action turn soon.

Sure thing.
Spoiler: First, the corruption (click to show/hide)

@Whisperling: your head has 15 hp left. You should name your guy Squish.
Call it 2 corruption.
Minnow will scan Ouro's shell for threats. If this is an Int roll, I will be using base stat. If i can do so this round as well, I will replace my left hand with the skeletal hand from the miser, using the stat bonus and taking 15 corruption. This will destroy 1/3 of my writhe of flesh spell. Will that deactivate it and remove the malus from my int?

@ Lenglon: No problem. You should add your stat bonus next to your normal stat as well. that's so PW can see it at a glance. he requested that in the previous test.

55+[67]

You look around, scanning from the ramshackle table over to the shell. There's a ladder bolted to the crumbling concrete facade of the shell, which leads up several stories, stopping occasionally at a small landing or metal outcropping before reaching a structure far above. On one of these metal outcroppings you see something; a demon of some kind. You can't make out much of what it looks like, but from what you can see it looks like some sort of spider holding cinder blocks in several hands.

Thank you very much Oz
Upon noticing the attack upon my teammate, I ready my bow and look in the direction it came from, readyto return fire or evade as needed.

Minnow points up at the shell and you follow his finger. You see the brick wielding demon just as it launches another brick down at your group.
99 + [44]

You take snap aim at the falling brick and fire an arrow, catching the falling block right on one corner. The force of the shot is enough to deflect the brick by a few feet and send it slamming into the ground near you, rather than on your head.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: November 07, 2016, 08:16:55 pm »

"Whoops, got stunned for a minute there. Suppose a brick to the face can do that to you."

I specified that my core should be in my chest at the start, but move it if that wasn't something I could do.

Try and climb up to the demon, if there's any time left.

Spoiler: Gold Tracer (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: November 07, 2016, 08:30:54 pm »

Cover me. Keep it from hitting me.
I'll climb up to attack it with my clockwork arm and sword. If Squish(whisperling) is ahead of me, I'll follow at a bit of a distance, so as not to be in the way when he falls off the ladders.
((I'm going to constantly be too corrupt to absorb parts. I really wanted to replace my useless spell arm. Or at least my gun leg. ah well.))

Beirus, your arm should look more or less like this:

Left arm (+5 spd, 3 corruption [+2 for attack with the paw]
1.upper (19 HP)
2.Crouched Lupine Lower leg {3] (50 HP [+5 Speed])
3. Man-Catching Paw {2}(20 HP, [Grasp][End])

Lenglon, note the corruption cost associated with the mancatching paw.((feel free to argue the gm away from it. I was only asking for clarity.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: November 07, 2016, 09:49:10 pm »

GM: I need to perform an action that is directly counter to the current combat system - supressive fire. If I make a very high number of attack actions, I will simply open myself to a counterattack and it will do anything but the intended supressive effect. How can I make supression a thing? anothered triggered action?

Also, um, since there is a cost to using the mancatching claw hand now, the overall price of using my left arm has gone up by 33% (6 to 8 ) with no corrosponding benefits (still for 10 dex). are you sure?

"On it!"
temp action if no response before turn is run: return fire, 2x attack, using both arms.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 11:17:02 am by Lenglon »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: November 08, 2016, 12:01:08 pm »

Catch up with the others. Climb up to attack that demon with my Glaive if the others are still fighting it.

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 88