Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 115137 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #750 on: September 27, 2016, 08:59:53 pm »

Whoops, fixed.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 27, 2016, 09:32:22 pm »

Eh?  Oz, it's 49 / 10 * number of human parts.  He replaced two parts, so he has a max of 64 - 14 for the parts = 50, with 5 regen.  Humanity max is determined by both your heart and number of human parts.

Yeah, checking your own sheet you made the same mistake.  You should have 73/10*11-26=55 humanity max.  You have 83 listed.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 28, 2016, 12:47:17 am »

More accurately, humanity max is calculated from Heart, number of human parts, and the cost of all the demon parts. A little bit too complicated for me, tbh.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #753 on: September 28, 2016, 09:28:03 am »

TEAM RED

Spoiler: Team Red (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: updated, team red (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Red, With Ozymandias (click to show/hide)

Fish, you should specify your team.  I suggest Red.
TEAM BLUE
I'm in
Spoiler: blue (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blue it is then (click to show/hide)

Added the +5 heart for the vessel of souls, just assuming that goes into the base stat.

Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)

Alright, I'm gonna assume Oz will fix his regen/humanity error here before his first turn. I've gotten core locations from 4 people, those who haven't sent them are gonna have their core in the generic starting location as specified in the rules.

Now then, where's an urban environment you'd like to fight in? First suggestion gets it.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 28, 2016, 09:38:37 am »

A factory
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #755 on: September 28, 2016, 10:59:36 am »

A factory
Done.

Let me get something set up here...

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 28, 2016, 05:25:50 pm »

Eh?  Oz, it's 49 / 10 * number of human parts.  He replaced two parts, so he has a max of 64 - 14 for the parts = 50, with 5 regen.  Humanity max is determined by both your heart and number of human parts.

Yeah, checking your own sheet you made the same mistake.  You should have 73/10*11-26=55 humanity max.  You have 83 listed.
bah. I guess I forgot about that rule. Or somehow misunderstood, due to the way we were going about things. Welp, I guess I'm locked in then. Had I mremembered, I'd probably have gone with more magic over swapped parts, and rearranged my free stat points to compensate for the int drop instead. Ah well.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #757 on: September 28, 2016, 05:50:06 pm »

So here's our factory map. As soon as oz ready, I'll throw your positions in there and we can murder.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 28, 2016, 06:12:02 pm »

go, I'll adapt. I'll save the other strategy for another time.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 28, 2016, 07:01:45 pm »

So... what exactly are the attack ranges and such we should keep in mind? And move speeds, for that matter.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 28, 2016, 07:11:42 pm »

What program do you use to make those maps?  Just some drawing app, or a specialized thing?

Oh, and Oz, remember that we can only have one of each part.  So no triple upper clockwork arm.  Upper clockwork arm, oni torso, golden hand/lower clockwork arm would work though.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #761 on: September 28, 2016, 09:19:48 pm »

So... what exactly are the attack ranges and such we should keep in mind? And move speeds, for that matter.
Eh, there's no hard ranges. It's a subjective thing because it's not like I can say "at 150 feet your difficulty roll is 145" or something. Varies by weapon type and stuff.

Assume you can run about as fast as a human, that melee range is about 10 feet or so (because we assume you can cross 10 feet basically instantly) and that ranges...are quite vague but shooting things far away is harder.

Here's out arena
Red team, who is all standing around in a clump, you find yourselves in an almost pitch black room, the only light- a smoldering red glow- coming from a square doorway straight ahead. In this dull sanguine light you can make out heaping piles of rusty scrap metal all around you. Some of it is structural- I-beams, square plates, rebar in random lengths- but the vast majority of it is just horribly shredded, rusty metal shrapnel. The kind of stuff that could split your flesh to the bone and give you tetanus from a distance.  The metal is moving as well, clumping up into rust-bunny piles and rolling across the ground with an unpleasant clink-clank-screech.  It's piling itself onto a conveyor belt that leads on into the room straight ahead.

Blue team, who is all in a clump as well, you are standing on the outskirts of an assembly line. The room is a long one lit by scattered and irregularly spaced halogen bulbs. A conveyor belt runs down the center of it, flanked on either side by robotic limbs. These limbs are all moving at once in a dizzying display of coordinated action, building and attaching, manipulating the things on the belt. These things, whatever they are, are all different from one another. They look like mechanical things, like cars maybe, but deformed, the mechanisms crushed into strange shapes. Looking at them, they don't look like they'd actually do anything if turned on, but something about their shape is unsettlingly organic, despite the mechanical construction. Parts and pieces for the robotic arms are being shoved out of slots high on the walls, near the ceiling, and collecting in chaotic piles near the base of the limbs. The only visible way in and out of this room is the conveyor belt itself, there don't seem to be any other doors.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 28, 2016, 09:52:03 pm »

((Alright well, I might have doomed everyone by suggesting an environment with a large amount of environmental hazards. Aw well, let's get this party started.))

Pull a mario and start running along the conveyor belt in the direction of the hated red team.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 28, 2016, 11:15:06 pm »

Spoiler: Red Rod (click to show/hide)

"[ENRAGED VIBRATIONS]"

Forward, unto the breach!  If any blue evildoers are spotted, grab them and force them into the ground!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 28, 2016, 11:23:14 pm »

Blue Team

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats/Spells/Limbs (click to show/hide)
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 88