Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 115109 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #765 on: September 28, 2016, 11:49:20 pm »

Spoiler: Updated, Team Red (click to show/hide)

Follow the smarter guys

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 29, 2016, 04:39:12 pm »

Team This Color

advance while avoiding the rust bunnies and shrapnel. try to remain within support range of my red brothers, and on the alert for our blue opponents.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #767 on: September 29, 2016, 05:24:52 pm »

Where my Whisperlings at?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 29, 2016, 06:08:55 pm »

((...Oops. Sorry PW.))

If no screams of pain or sickening thuds result from Jaguar's stunt, ride out with the other two. Otherwise... try frying the conveyer mechanism with my tricloptic head, maybe?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #769 on: September 29, 2016, 11:36:18 pm »

Team This Color

advance while avoiding the rust bunnies and shrapnel. try to remain within support range of my red brothers, and on the alert for our blue opponents.

Spoiler: Updated, Team Red (click to show/hide)

Follow the smarter guys
Spoiler: Red Rod (click to show/hide)

"[ENRAGED VIBRATIONS]"

Forward, unto the breach!  If any blue evildoers are spotted, grab them and force them into the ground!

(I don't have image editing software on here so the map is remaining unedited for now)

Red team, you guys advance into the next room. There are three furnaces off to the north side of the room, massive black metal things with gaping mouths and tongues of flame. The rusty balls of metal roll off the conveyor belt and over into the waiting furnaces. There are big pipes running between the furnaces and finally out through an opening in the wall to the east. You can see, through the doorway just south of where the pipes are headed, another room. It looks like where the pipes end, pouring into huge metal cylinders that spit metallic skeletons out the other side.

At the last moment in the turn, two Blue team members come flopping out of a hole in the south wall of the adjacent room, apparently running and jumping off the conveyor belt.

((...Oops. Sorry PW.))

If no screams of pain or sickening thuds result from Jaguar's stunt, ride out with the other two. Otherwise... try frying the conveyer mechanism with my tricloptic head, maybe?
Blue Team

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Stats/Spells/Limbs (click to show/hide)

((Alright well, I might have doomed everyone by suggesting an environment with a large amount of environmental hazards. Aw well, let's get this party started.))

Pull a mario and start running along the conveyor belt in the direction of the hated red team.

Yo, blue team, repost your character sheets with your actions please.

Blue team walks as far as they can beside the conveyor belt until they have to jump onto it and run against it to make it into the northern room. Midnight and Renegade both manage to run against the movement of the belt and throw themselves into the next room, but whisperling can't keep up. Instead he ends up falling back into the room he started in, landing flat on his back  next to the belt.

Mid and Ren pick themselves up and see the red team in an adjacent room to the north west.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 30, 2016, 12:14:17 am »

Blue Team

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 30, 2016, 11:45:28 am »

"[BLOODTHIRSTY VIBRATIONS]"

GRAB THAT GUY'S CHAINSAW

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 30, 2016, 12:10:58 pm »

Spoiler: blue (click to show/hide)
Welcome Mr. spiky head into my chainsawing embrace. But first activate it with humanity.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 06:47:52 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 30, 2016, 12:28:00 pm »

Keep trying. If I succeed, tricloptic-head blast Syv. His chest, if I can aim for a specific part.

Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 12:30:28 pm by Whisperling »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 30, 2016, 06:30:40 pm »

Team This Color

Activate writhe of flesh on renegade. (if targeting a limb is automatic, target his trunk.)

Spoiler: Uh, fuck? (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 01, 2016, 03:55:33 am »

Updated shall Piston-punch Chainsaw right in his Lower Left Arm.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #776 on: October 01, 2016, 11:18:29 am »

Alright, on to combat. Now I want you guys to keep an eye on things as well here. I may have made the system but it's the first time I've ever done a play of it so it is entirely possible I may mess some crap up. To aid in this, I'm gonna explain everything I do.

So first I'm comparing your Speeds to see who goes first. This will be the turn order basically from now on unless someone loses core speed somehow.

Ren:60
Gentle 60
Midjag 40
Oz 40
Sy 38
Whisper: 35

In the case of ties, I flipped a coin for who went first.

So Ren goes first.

Blue Team

So I missed this thing about using the hive first round because it was hidden in a spoiler for some reason. I'm gonna let him spend his humanity on it and not do any rolls for it because he was "supposed" to have created it outside of combat the previous round. Next time Ren, actually post it as an action. Or PM me with it if you really wanna be secretive.

So he paid 36 humanity, bringing his total humanity down to 28, as he has listed. It produces a bug swarm with 36 HP and 18 melee damage and stat bonus.

Now, he wants this swarm and his attack directed at "the nearest Red Bastard". Well, they're all in a clump across the room, so I'm just gonna pick one at random. The dice chose Gentlefish. And of his parts it chose 15 and 12 as the targets. Which are his feet.

The swarm moves over to the red group and then rolls 91 for its attack. Gentle rolls 64+50 and dodges the blow.

Next is the Oversized demonic Revolver, The use of which reduces Ren's Humanity to 20 (as he noted already). Now, I'd say the reds are at medium distance, so he needs to roll greater than 120 as well as higher than Gentle to hit.  He rolls 72+93 for 165. Impressive. Gentle rolls 50+87, also pretty good, but not good enough. It deals 40 damage, which destroys his left foot and reduces his left lower leg to 5 HP.

Updated shall Piston-punch Chainsaw right in his Lower Left Arm.

Gentle is next and is probably very annoyed about having his left leg blown apart. That lowers your humanity regen too, remember, because you now have 1 less human part.

He runs over to Midjag and then does his aimed piston punch towards Mid's lower left arm. And aimed shots have a -30 penalty. So he rolls 81+8 -30. Ouch. Very bad luck there. Mid rolls 64+100 (!) and dodges with no effort. So piston backfires, dealing d100+36 damage to his limb. The roll for it is 93+36. Jeez. 129 damage. Lets trace it up, starting with the golden hand. The golden hand as well as the Smoldering Flesh both detonate from the recoil of the missed spell, and the upper arm is reduced to 31 hp. It's been a bad day for Gentle. Silver lining, when his arm is destroyed the spell is lost and his ethereal red crown vanishes, as well as the Int malus he has from the spell inhabiting him.

Next is midjag
Spoiler: blue (click to show/hide)
Welcome Mr. spiky head into my chainsawing embrace. But first activate it with humanity.
So he's charging across the room to meet up with Sy, the vibrating rod of anger. And he's activating his chainsaw for 10 humanity to boost his attack. He rolls 64+73 for 137, Sy rolls 76+81 for 157, dodging the attack.

Team This Color

Activate writhe of flesh on renegade. (if targeting a limb is automatic, target his trunk.)

Spoiler: Uh, fuck? (click to show/hide)

So Oz dashes over to ren. I'm gonna assume he uses his clockwork arm for the touch required to activate writhe of Flesh, even though he didn't say so. So that's a drain of 50 humanity. The attack is 62+70= 132 against  72+92 = 164. So that's a miss, but writhe has no backlash, so nothing happens to OZ other than his wasting of humanity.

Now Sy

"[BLOODTHIRSTY VIBRATIONS]"

GRAB THAT GUY'S CHAINSAW
Ah, Sy is going grabby and trying to grapple a chainsaw. Now, he has a few grasping parts, but I'm gonna assume he uses his right leg, because it gives him the greatest bonus for this roll (Because +25 dex is better than +10 str).  So Sy rolls Str 66+17, and Mid rolls 64+25. Which means Midjag jerks his arm out of the grab attempt.

And finally, whisper.

Keep trying. If I succeed, tricloptic-head blast Syv. His chest, if I can aim for a specific part.

Spoiler: Blue (click to show/hide)
His first action is to attempt to get through the hole again.
85+35=120, so he makes it through.  We're gonna call that a movement not an action, so he gets his ranged attack on sy without having to do a speed roll.

Now, Sy is still across the room, since he didn't move in order to try his grab (his target moved to him), so Whisper is gonna have to beat 120 to be able to hit.  He rolls 48+34 so he misses without Sy even having to roll. He loses the 15 humanity it costs to fire the blast though.

So to summarize:

Ren summons a swarm of flesh eating demonic insects and sics them on Gentle. Gentle dodging the swarm but catches an fist sized demonic bullet in the left leg. The round blows his entire foot off and pulps the lower leg before flying of and ricocheting off one of the huge furnaces. Gentle charges Ren and the runes floating above his golden hand glow like red hot iron and steam pours out of his arm. He takes a swing at Ren, but misses, and the runes flash brilliant white as he punches empty air. An instant later his arm detonates with a sound like metal striking metal and a burst of steam. Oz runs in next, his fingers glowing green and releasing a horrible black miasma. He tries to touch Ren, but Ren dodges him as well.

Midjag charges sy and tries to chainsaw him right in the metal face. Sy dodges and grabs at the chainsaw, but Midjag yanks it back, out of the grip of Sy's strange, serpentine leg.

Whisperling manages to hurl himself through the hole in the wall and immediately fires a firey purple blast from the demonic head in his crotch directly at Sy. The blast whizzes over sy's head and hits the ceiling, carving a glowing gash in the concrete. 

Everyone please make sure to update your sheets to reflect the events of the turn.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #777 on: October 01, 2016, 11:20:01 am »

Map will update momentarily.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 01, 2016, 12:38:47 pm »

"[FRUSTRATED VIBRATIONS]"

TRY TO GRAB THAT GUY'S CHAINSAW AGAIN.  WITH MY RIGHT ARM.  OH YEAH, ALSO DELAY MY ACTION UNTIL AFTER WHISPERLING.  AND DODGE ANY INCOMING ATTACKS WITH MY RIGHT LEG, BECAUSE APPARENTLY THAT NEEDS TO BE SPECIFIED.

((I suppose this is kinda my fault, but I meant to grab with my clockwork arm--that's why I have my grab bonus listed as +76--and then dodge with the leg.  You didn't add my leg's dodge bonus last turn, though I'm guessing that's because you thought I was trying to grab with it.

As a side note, your inconsistent ordering of bonuses and rolls is kinda confusing.  Maybe you could put [brackets] around the roll, leaving bonuses unmarked?))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #779 on: October 01, 2016, 12:56:28 pm »

"[FRUSTRATED VIBRATIONS]"

TRY TO GRAB THAT GUY'S CHAINSAW AGAIN

((I suppose this is kinda my fault, but I meant to grab with my clockwork arm--that's why I have my grab bonus listed as +76--and then dodge with the leg.  You didn't add my leg's dodge bonus last turn, though I'm guessing that's because you thought I was trying to grab with it.

As a side note, your inconsistent ordering of bonuses and rolls is kinda confusing.  Maybe you could put [brackets] around the roll, leaving bonuses unmarked?))

If you want to make sure I use the right limb to do the right thing, tell me the limbs to use. Otherwise I just kinda glance at your body and choose a limb that looks alright.

And yeah, I'll do Bonus + [Roll]
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 88