Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44

Author Topic: ZootopiaXThe Division Crossover game IC: A new beginning.  (Read 40858 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ZootopiaXThe Division Crossover game IC 4/4: The Beginning of The End.
« Reply #435 on: April 28, 2016, 10:54:15 pm »

The Giraffe could see the two Agents moving slowly through the sewage system on his AR Map, it'll be much easier to direct them like this, though it won't be a fast journey..

The Sewage at least were easy to keep away from the Flashlights and Uzi enough.

Lear tries calling McCain and Benjamin, but neither of them could hear the Call in their ascending elevator. It would be about now that Steven realizes that there's no Division Agent dots inside the building where there should be.. Even if they're dead, there should at least be a couple of skulls on the map where they died.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 29, 2016, 03:13:38 pm »

Think out loud.

hmm. They must have a complex encryption key pattern... Computers would have a hard time deciphering... maybe if I find the frequency...

Use the transceiver to find which frequency has a strong signal from the building. It would just sound like static without the encryption algorithm, but it's a start.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 30, 2016, 07:10:33 am »

Think out loud.

hmm. They must have a complex encryption key pattern... Computers would have a hard time deciphering... maybe if I find the frequency...

Use the transceiver to find which frequency has a strong signal from the building. It would just sound like static without the encryption algorithm, but it's a start.

The task is simple enough, and Steven tune in on a frequency that seems to have the most statics. What will he do with that?

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 30, 2016, 07:19:46 am »

"How far up does this elevator go?"
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 30, 2016, 07:28:30 am »

"How far up does this elevator go?"

Far enough, apparently. As the Elevator comes to a halt just as Alex asked that, and dings open. Revealing what must be the Presidential office, a few Sheeps with batons stood on the side, a Female sheep that you recognize as Vice-President Bellwether appears to be sitting at the President's desk, with her legs crossed, arms on the desk and a winner smile on her face.

"You must be our guests! Welcome. Acting-President Bellwether, it's a pleasure." She greeted enthusiastically.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 30, 2016, 10:15:44 am »

Do a binary dump of that frequency onto my laptop. Most communications have a bit rate of around 8 kilobits/second. Have the computer look for a time when nobody is talking over their comms. During that time, the binary should be all zeros, but because of the encryption, it will have a recognizable pattern every 8192 digits. Have the computer find that pattern, create an encryption key from it, and attempt to use it to listen in on their comms.

hmm. Let's see if this works.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 30, 2016, 10:27:44 am »

"I'm sure you already know our names, but it's rude not to introduce ourselves anyway. I'm Alexander McCaine, P.I.; and this is Benjamin Yetu, Drill Sergeant. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, ma'am."

Extend a hand for a hand shake.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Jalardos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 30, 2016, 12:49:02 pm »

"Hey Towers, can you give us some directions?  We're running blind down here man"

Jaco asks as he radios Steve

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 30, 2016, 01:03:45 pm »

Yeah, soy got distracted. Go foreward, than make a right at the next t-junction, then look around for a way up.

Or whatever directions they actually need.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 30, 2016, 06:32:16 pm »

Do a binary dump of that frequency onto my laptop. Most communications have a bit rate of around 8 kilobits/second. Have the computer look for a time when nobody is talking over their comms. During that time, the binary should be all zeros, but because of the encryption, it will have a recognizable pattern every 8192 digits. Have the computer find that pattern, create an encryption key from it, and attempt to use it to listen in on their comms.

hmm. Let's see if this works.

Using incredible Computer know-how, Steven was able to isolate the encrypted 'silence' and began decryption. It wasn't easy, but he's on his way to it. Others probably think it's some form of sorcery.

The two sewage-covered agents continue to wade through a literal river of shit, progress is slow..

"I'm sure you already know our names, but it's rude not to introduce ourselves anyway. I'm Alexander McCaine, P.I.; and this is Benjamin Yetu, Drill Sergeant. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, ma'am."

Extend a hand for a hand shake.

The hand is accepted by the Acting President and shook with a smile. "And if I'm correct, seeing those patches on you, you must be Division Agents, right? well, what do I owe the pleasure?" she asked.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 30, 2016, 06:52:02 pm »

Alright, just a few more feet and there should be a floor drain large enough for you to fit through. All you need to do is find a way to remove the drain cover. But don't be too loud, the basement will echo any sounds you make.

Check the computer to see some of the most likely patterns it has picked up. Create keys for those patterns and listen to see if it works. If not, try the next one.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 30, 2016, 07:28:37 pm »

"We came to hopefully make a deal. I won't sugar coat it, we are running out of power at our base the ZPD Headquarters a few kliks from here. We're running on old antiquated gas generators. You have enough solar panels to power half the city. We ask you for permission to jack in a cable between our Base of Opperations and yours."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 30, 2016, 07:49:17 pm »

Alright, just a few more feet and there should be a floor drain large enough for you to fit through. All you need to do is find a way to remove the drain cover. But don't be too loud, the basement will echo any sounds you make.

Check the computer to see some of the most likely patterns it has picked up. Create keys for those patterns and listen to see if it works. If not, try the next one.

The first few keys doesn't seem to work.. but then one did! Huzzah! You've broken into a secure channel! and judging from how the chatter is about what to have for lunch, one could assume that they've got plenty enough power to spend on the mundane..

.. You could really use something to eat right about now as well, speaking of.

"We came to hopefully make a deal. I won't sugar coat it, we are running out of power at our base the ZPD Headquarters a few kliks from here. We're running on old antiquated gas generators. You have enough solar panels to power half the city. We ask you for permission to jack in a cable between our Base of Opperations and yours."

"How about a trade, then?" Bellwether offered with a smile. "You see, we've been getting harassed by some wolves. Dangerous lot, too. Well-armed and would kill you without hesitation. I've already lost a few animals just defending the Tower from them, so if you could kill them all, then we can share some of the generated power to the ZPD Headquarters. How does that sounds?"

Another sheep lady came with a tray of cold drinks, they offered the two agents before bringing one of the glasses to Bellwether. "Some Iced Lemon Tea? They're quite wonderful." The Acting-President offered, sipping her own glass from a straw.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 30, 2016, 07:58:20 pm »

"First off. Please tell me you got some sort of alcoholic drink I can spike my tea with?" Once I get an answer to that, whether yes or no,

"Second. I agree to this mission, though I will have to consult with the rest of the group. We will head back down and deliberate. Once we come to an agreement, we'll tell one of your subordinates to relay our answer to you. Sound fair?"

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 30, 2016, 07:58:46 pm »

Continue to listen to their comms just in case I hear something suspicious. But make sure I'm not speaking over their frequency. Who knows, it might come in handy later, and it's good to get some practice in.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44