Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: ZootopiaXThe Division Crossover game OOC. 4/4  (Read 17712 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you. I fixed it.

It's still not quite right. You've got the skillpoint at 1 correctly, but you reverted Athletics back to 1 again.
Soo you've spent 9 skillpoints somewhere. Where might that be? you can get Athletic up by 2 levels for 6 points, leaving you with 4 more to spend. Which you can spend 3 points to increase 1 level of Stealth and the last point to increase a level in Parkour to 2.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

Sorry. Just kinda forgot to take that into account.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

Thank you. I fixed it.

It's still not quite right. You've got the skillpoint at 1 correctly, but you reverted Athletics back to 1 again.
Soo you've spent 9 skillpoints somewhere. Where might that be? you can get Athletic up by 2 levels for 6 points, leaving you with 4 more to spend. Which you can spend 3 points to increase 1 level of Stealth and the last point to increase a level in Parkour to 2.

Actually, I spent 6 buying an Average level skill. I can only spend 4 points. So I went and put a level in marksmanship. And Parkour requires another skill point.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:05:48 pm by Sosoku234 »
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Extra reading supplies.

--General information reminders--

-The skills are made and rated on the fly.
-You have what makes sense, and they do what make sense.
-The Stats of 1 is the average of your species. So even with no points, you are already as good as the next member of your species.
-But you're a trained Agent.
-so you're 5 points better than an average animal.
-You don't roll anything, I do all the rolling.

-You do earn more points afterwards, so you're just starting out somewhat better than the average and then it's only going up from there.

--Stats, Skills and how Dice-rolling works.--

Stats governs the wider things such as how much you can realistically carry, how long you can realistically run, how fast, etc etc.

Skills is what governs how good you do something and give bonuses to rolls.
A Bunny with Dexterity 1 may struggle crossing a single line of rope strung between two spots with no wind.
but one with, say, Dexterity 4, could do so with ease even with some wind, and do a badass backflip from a wall and onto a trashcan then up to a lamp post, or something like that.
Provided they have the Athletic or Parkour skills to back up the roll and beat the DC, of course.

--How Rolling works + Example.--

The player declare what they wishes to do.

Their actions will be assigned a Difficulty level to succeed.

Stats will determine if what they want to do is even possible at all.

If it is possible, then it will be determined how easy or hard the action is depending on the species and stats of the player.

Once assigned, they make a roll. It can be a D20 for common things or D100 for bigger, wider and tougher things.

Their skills provide passive bonus to said roll. Such as having 5 levels in Small-arms will make you roll a d20+5 against whatever the difficulty of the action is.

Standing still or in a good cover and leverage, shooting at an unmoving, unaware target will be an easy action with DC of maybe 10. So it's quite difficult to miss if you're skilled. Roll high enough and it'll be a critical.

Jumping out of a moving vehicle, back flipping off the wall and shooting at a target inside a moving vehicle that was chasing at you would require some combinations of stats and skills and may have a Difficulty of like, 25 - 30. Then another roll with Athletics to see that you're not landing on your face.

This would allow players to start becoming creative and do some really crazy things if they specialize. Or just really really good at doing things the normal way.

The Rules of cool are great, but like real life, it's just not as efficient. Efficient Sword Fighting are not dances and you don't make elaborate moves to entertain people, a good, accurate forward jab is enough to maim someone, after all.

This means that the system encourages players to try and arrange situations in their favors. Such as getting into good covers and high ground for a firefight or having extra equipment prepared for Medical processes.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

Alright. I suppose we only wait for more people?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright. I suppose we only wait for more people?

Yep. You can see about inviting some of your friends if you wanted, It'll probably be faster than waiting around.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile

I only have one person who may be interested. I'll see if'n I can convince him to join.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 10:09:19 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ooh, something went wrong with your skills I think.
First off, Military Strategy would be a Very Hard skill, even if you took it as your specialty, you'd only be able to increase it by 2 levels with your 10 points as it takes 5 skillpoints to increase 1 level of Vhard skill.

Digging can be a very easy skill, and Rationing can be an easy skill. Survival works as an Average skill, though I'm not sure where'd you get 5 levels in Melee from. What kind of Melee? Unarmed melee? armed melee? and where'd you get all those points for Field Medicine? you also might want to change Field Medicine to something more broad. Like Medicine. Which is a VHard skill and will imply that you know some doctoring. Unless you meant First Aid? Which is an Easy skill and allow you to dress wounds in the field.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile

Better? The way it was presented confused me greatly.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Better? The way it was presented confused me greatly.

Afraid not. You forgot the free skills that every Agent gets. And the free background-related skills.
You're also spending 1 skillpoint per 1 skill, that would imply that every skill that you have is a V-Easy one, if we're not counting on buying new skills either.

Please look at the sheet again and see the prices of each skill difficulty levels. And once you've spent your skillpoints, it's supposed to be at a 0. Signifying that you have no remaining skillpoints left to spend.

And to rate some of the skills you're posting,
Armed Melee is an Average skill. It costs 3 points per level to increase. Field Medic can also be an Average skill, somewhere of a mix between First Aid and Doctoring.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

How's this?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How's this?

Great!
Although Heavy Weapons should be a Hard skill. But since you're a bear, and the heavy weapons are more appropriate for you, I'll knock it down to Average.
Good thinking on the stand-in for Athletic too!

you're almost done now! :D

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Should I switch the difficulties of Unarmed Melee and Heavy Weapons around?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Should I switch the difficulties of Unarmed Melee and Heavy Weapons around?

Sure thing. I can imagine a big bear like you can maul someone real nice with your bare claws.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15