Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Republic of New Guinea Design Thread (8 Engineers)  (Read 16069 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Republic of New Guinea Design Thread (8 Engineers)
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2016, 08:22:35 pm »

Right then,this is a renovation of the
Spoiler: Mina-1 Mi-32 Tsu-52 (click to show/hide)
Now with more emergency equipment.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 08:30:27 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2016, 12:30:20 am »

Ram, the reason I am under the belief that your ground attack aircraft wont do well is, from the description, it appears to be a bit of a glass cannon, and will likely be extremely slow. Meanwhile, thanks to the size, mass, and retaliative scarcity of our radios(what are they, company level?), it will be of limited utility.
 While lack of speed can be a defense against quick opponents, our foe also has weapon systems that can hit it, the bumblebee. So, until we are in a situation where one of the above issues is corrected, I would rather have us design other systems.
Thankyou!!! I did mention that it was armoured, I would hope that the effective radius of a flak burst would be greatly reduced against it, and that it could withstand quite a lot of damage in most scenarios and still limp back home. I also like to think that it could pose a threat to AA if it didn't mind going through its ordnance quickly, but would mostly be flying low enough that hostile antiair elements would be at risk to ground forces. And it is worth noting that at present we are not fighting the Mals, so the bumblebee is not currently a factor and it would probably be very effective at the immediate island combat against what seem to be inferior forces. But I certainly concede the point that it is far more vulnerable to a concentrated AA effort than a conventional aircraft would be.

Commenting on your other designs, the shotgun appears to me to have issues of its own, notably that it has a cylinder which lessens its power and slows potential reloads. The caliber also makes me itch slightly, but thats not really a major(or even a minor) concern.
 The buggy I have issues mostly just with its armament, which appears to be a totally new design in another totally new design.
Yeah, I do feel a little dirty about adding so many ammunition types. So much so that I didn't edit in the sticky-flare shells I thought of to use to signal fire-support, such as shooting one at a machine-gun nest that would then have a bright-green flare stuck to it that would tell a nearby tank that the infantry would rather like a tank shell to find its way there...

I am thinking that the G.M. should limit the number of new technologies in a design. Probably splitting them up into major and minor technologies. I would think that the clamp-sleds would be a minor technology, clamps and sleds are not exactly miracles of science, but incendiary ammunition would probably be a major technology. Perhaps you could have two major technologies and a major technology would be worth three minor ones...

3.6in
Aaaaargh, it burns!!!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 14, 2016, 12:34:44 am »

I know, right? and 91.44mm is even more aggravating. But its the only thing we have that has flack and that we actually have.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 14, 2016, 12:39:55 am »

So do you like my new version of the sub,it should have a good survivability.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 14, 2016, 12:43:09 am »

The deckguns, particularly the one thats designed within the design, still niggle at me. As I dont think we can buy designs from other countries. Although... To OOC!
Highly Opinionated Fool

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2016, 10:53:01 am »

Which design is it you want rolled for?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2016, 11:26:27 am »

Okay considering what i know,because we don't have deck guns im submitting a gunless version of the sub.

Spoiler: Mina-1 Mi-32 Tsu-52 (click to show/hide)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2016, 01:17:42 pm »

Vote time? Currently we have:

Funk's NG AA-T
Ram's ground attack aircraft
Ram's shotgun
Ram's buggy
My NG-MAAA52 (which Im gonna just call maaa)
Joe's four sub plans

I vote for Ma.
Highly Opinionated Fool

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2016, 01:53:31 pm »

I vote for my newest sub plan,since aseaheru voted his one thing as well.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 05:45:05 pm by piratejoe »

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2016, 02:06:18 pm »

I vote for something else.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2016, 10:53:08 pm »

I vote for the MAA since we need AA since they appear to go for airborne assaults compared to amphibious assaults.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 15, 2016, 01:22:26 am »

I vote for the thing that I didn't make and that addresses our current threats instead of the large empire that is a little ways off from getting to use yet.
I vote for the latest submarine design.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #147 on: March 15, 2016, 01:33:04 am »

Meh, whatever, Ma is better than submarine, so... voting for it?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 15, 2016, 02:11:49 am »

Sigh,okay the submarine would be better for these reasons.

1.The submarine will help us with our island hopping by crippling there trade,these are island nations after all and they cant support themselves entirely without trade and destroying that trade will leave them ether defenseless or with low moral.

2.The submarines will help us hamper the federations island hopping by destroying there transports,this will lead to there troops running out of the much needed food and ammo they will need to take over java,slowing and possibly reverting there progress.

3.The submarines can instantly hamper the federation unlike AA when we are fighting islands that from what it seems doesn't have any even semi modern air force,we can always make the AA next turn,we still have time.

Lastly 4. Hampering the federation will give our troops and populous much needed moral and bolster our ranks quickly and lead to us having a more numberious militarily quicker then the feds.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2016, 03:45:33 am »

Counter points:

1) Their main design alst turn was to target our shipping. Likley they will continue with this trend. Development of these systems on the ma will help us protect our naval forces from them in future.

2) The enemy utilizes air transportation over naval units, and, again, appear to be focusing on air power, which submarines cannot assist with at this time, and are actually the most vulnerable to.

3) The time we have also needs to fill other gaps that we have. The ma will hopefully be able to fill in the role as artillery.

4) There is no evidence that damaging the foe quickly will have a obvious effect on national morale, which currently appears to be fine, or, if it does, that it will boost our military growth by an appreciable amount.

Also, on another note, morals and morale are slightly different things.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15