Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Federation of Malaysia Design Bureau Thread (5 Engineers)  (Read 13199 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Federation of Malaysia Design Bureau Thread (3 Engineers)
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2016, 03:53:19 pm »

Yeah, we may well not be able to get one without the other. A .225 round should be enough for our needs anyway. I'll support UR's version.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2016, 03:56:29 pm »

So my vote goes for.

Revision #1
MAR-51
A scaled down version of MK-47 chambered for a new .225 caliber  round that is also 25% shorter than original MK-47 bullets. Much of the furniture has been replaced with wood, both to lower cost and decrease weight, and the magazine has been moved to the bottom of the rifle to reduce the weapon's profile. A cam mechanism has been installed to limit the weapon to one or three rounds per trigger pull, but can be disengaged to allow for fully automatic fire.

(Personal, Medium, General, target cost 1 ore.)

Revision #2
Yellowjacket II
Yellowjacket II  received a better, newer and more fuel efficient engine greatly increasing its range and maximum lifting weight and it is rearmed with four 0.5 machineguns that were purpose designed for aircraft use  Its main intended role is long range patrolling and attacking enemy ships or transports planes
[Medium Specialized Vehicle, cost 3 ore, 3 oil]
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2016, 03:57:00 pm »

What, you mean we can't just shave 10% off? Besides, I doubt we'd get a 25% weight reduction from the smaller rounds themselves. Furthermore if we want the .225 to actually be effective we'd have to make it just as long as .30 anyway.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2016, 04:11:43 pm »

I assumed most of the weight reduction would be from a lighter barrel, receiver, magazines, and other stuff like that. And the .225 round is bigger with a higher muzzle velocity than 5.56x45 NATO, and that's hardly an underpowered cartridge. It doesn't handle quite as well, but it doesn't look like anyone has ever tried to chamber anything but falling-block rifles with it so there's not really much comparison.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 04:18:29 pm by Baffler »
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2016, 04:19:27 pm »

.225 to actually be effective we'd have to make it just as long as .30 anyway.
If we assume that 0.3 used by MK-47 is 7.62*51 than -25% of that will be 5.715*38.25. Roughly the same as AK-74's 5.45*39 and slightly weaker than NATO's 5.56x45
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2016, 04:22:16 pm »

Yeah, at any rate I'm still sticking with the .280 round. It'll allow or troops to mostly retain the killing power of the .30 without being as... cumbersome in regards to recoil as the standard round would. Furthermore the round would be intermediate between the NATO 5.56 and 7.62, which gives it pretty good viability.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2016, 04:27:54 pm »

0.28*x may be anywhere in power depending on the x

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2016, 04:32:44 pm »

Lets assume 41 or 46 millimetres then.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2016, 04:35:58 pm »

PTW.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2016, 04:45:07 pm »

Hmmm.... 7.11*46 is a full rifle round for me, somewhere in 6.5*50 league

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2016, 04:49:28 pm »

Hrm... 6.7*X mm/.260 round then?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2016, 04:55:07 pm »

So my vote goes for.

Revision #1
MAR-51
A scaled down version of MK-47 chambered for a new .225 caliber  round that is also 25% shorter than original MK-47 bullets. Much of the furniture has been replaced with wood, both to lower cost and decrease weight, and the magazine has been moved to the bottom of the rifle to reduce the weapon's profile. A cam mechanism has been installed to limit the weapon to one or three rounds per trigger pull, but can be disengaged to allow for fully automatic fire.

+1

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2016, 06:07:22 pm »

So my vote goes for.

Revision #1
MAR-51

Revision #2
Yellowjacket II
Yellowjacket II  received a better, newer and more fuel efficient engine greatly increasing its range and maximum lifting weight and it is rearmed with four 0.5 machineguns that were purpose designed for aircraft use  Its main intended role is long range patrolling and attacking enemy ships or transports planes
[Medium Specialized Vehicle, cost 3 ore, 3 oil]

+1 to both of these.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Federation of Malaysia Design Bureau Thread (4 Engineers)
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2016, 11:54:34 pm »

I hope us ignoring order and developing no means of deployment will not hurt us much. I think better ship\helicopter next turn will be very necessary.

I propose to send such message to Prime minister

"While we agree that our army would benefit from better means of deployment, the nearest island is very close and we must conquer it with minimal causalities. This is why our goal is to provide them some close air support by developing a revolutionary aircraft and improving our fighters to provide even more fire support for ground troops and protect out transport aircrafts against enemy airforce. As you said our ability to produce those is limited and we must ensure they will survive for later use.
Finally we developed a lighter and smaller assault rifle necessary to fit more paratroopers in UF-1939 and make them more suited for urban and jungle warfare.

We urge you to focus our production on airforce because WW2 demonstrated that air superiority is very important in modern war

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:30:33 am by Ukrainian Ranger »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Federation of Malaysia Design Bureau Thread (4 Engineers)
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2016, 08:15:38 am »

Deployment isn't an issue at the moment, since we do have the option of paratroopers atleast.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15