Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: [ISG] Old Chaos in a New Order World  (Read 32812 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Old Chaos in a New Order World
« Reply #315 on: May 20, 2016, 07:17:23 am »

The Fool scratches his beard for a few moments before breaking out his bundle of crayons. "You might be onto something with that last one, but can't give you full credit. I did it because..."

"See? Simple. It's the way chaos guys work, yeah? We just do whatever because it's funny or stuff? Nah. Let me paint you a picture... Metaphorically!" As the Fool begins his metaphor, you notice he continues to draw obscene pictures on the otherwise pristine walls.

"So say you're at a track. A train-- a big ol' hunka moving metal-- is comin' down the rails fast. You see a few dudes chillin' on the tracks, totally gonna bite it! But! Right next to you is a lever that'll let you change where that train is headed. You can make it go down a rail that'll squash one dude, a buncha ants, a crop of pumpkins, or a uniform cube of tofu. What do you do? No cheating, you can't call out to them or jump in the way or any bleeding-heart BS like that."

Spoiler: Primordia Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: THINGS (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 20, 2016, 07:22:19 am »

"What is 'to-fu'? Can it feel pain? Would it be bad to send the train on the to-fu track?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 20, 2016, 12:04:48 pm »

"Break the train. Because I can."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 20, 2016, 01:02:10 pm »

"What is 'to-fu'? Can it feel pain? Would it be bad to send the train on the to-fu track?"
+1
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 20, 2016, 01:54:04 pm »

+1
Bwhahaha! I like it. +1
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 20, 2016, 01:54:56 pm »

+1
Bwhahaha! I like it. +1
+1!

Kill that tofu!
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 20, 2016, 02:05:38 pm »

+1
Bwhahaha! I like it. +1
+1!

Kill that tofu!

"Is this question a trick? And what lesson is it supposed to teach?

The tofu could have someone walk over to it as the train passes, And the pumpkin patch might be needed by others later.
Ant hill? Ant colonies are unlikely to be harmed by a train, being very small and many. And even if the train squashed the hill, The ants are likely to survive as a whole.
If the choices are static and no change will occur after changing rails i think i would go for tofu, It sounds bad."

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 20, 2016, 04:56:28 pm »

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 20, 2016, 05:45:39 pm »

Max avatar size is 80x80

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 20, 2016, 05:51:01 pm »

In an uncharacteristic burst of violent movement, the Fool tosses the limp Ser Spicious aside and stares you down.

"It doesn't matter!" he exclaims joyously. "Tofu is great, by the way. But the point is, it doesn't matter what you choose! You sit there, asking questions and thinkin' about every which angle like a lousy knight or lighter or sparkboy when you should just go with your gut, like you're s'posed to. You know what I'd do?" The man is in full hysterics now, cackling and throwing crayons in your direction. "I wouldn't do anything! Whatever track or rail that hunka junk was heading? Let it slide. If it runs into a couple dudes, or an orphanage, or the Prophet himself, I wouldn't do $hit! That's what my gut tells me. But you!" His gaze turns dark as his hysteric tantrum slows to a simmering rage. "Something about you made me-- ME-- interfere and save your @ss. What's the deal? It's seriously pi$$ing me off! So no more secrets, yeah? Tell me, are you controlling my mind or some $hit?"

All the while, his wide grin stays, no matter the tone of voice. But the anger and confusion is there, palpable... dangerous.

Spoiler: Primordia Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: THINGS (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 20, 2016, 06:42:01 pm »

"I do not endeavor to control you. I wouldn't even begin to know how to accomplish such a task. No matter what your motivation, however, I am thankful for your actions. Please, do be careful with Ser Spicious, however. Although he cannot currently speak, he could have been hurt by that. I only wish to preserve my companions- I assure you, there are no ulterior motives."
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 21, 2016, 08:33:17 am »

"I... I don't know."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 21, 2016, 08:49:59 am »

Damnit I knew you guys were going about it wrong.
"I am the Primordia, last of the chaos and born of Duty."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 21, 2016, 09:24:36 am »

"I... I don't know."
"I do not think I am controlling you.  Nor does my gut say that I am controlling you."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 22, 2016, 05:42:19 am »

"No..?
I'm afraid i don't have any notions of what you are referring to, I have not learned any abilities that allows me to control minds.
I only remember faintly that first there was only Primordia.
Primordia was all, and even in times of flux, Primordia was a tranquil chorus of infinite thoughts.
But then, the first THING appeared. And soon after i found myself in this form at the gates of the light.
I feel as if an ocean of awareness swirls inside my head, As if the knowledge i posses is momentarily surfacing as needed and then is gone.
I do not know why you help me, I do not know many things.
The only thing i know for certain is that i am Primordia of the Old Chaos And my duty is for the balance. That is all i know.
You... Aren't going to kill me, Are you?"
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23