Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Ocean of Stars: Fantasy Space Exploration game: Started!  (Read 13818 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ocean of Stars: Fantasy Space Exploration game
« Reply #90 on: March 01, 2016, 12:14:25 pm »

Since I'm the only pilot, and thus, a bit irreplaceable, I'll volunteer.
Someone forgets that I'm also a pilot/navigator :P
I think that's you, since that's not what your sheet says.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2016, 03:43:30 pm »

My character is a mechanic/gunner if that matters.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2016, 11:03:38 pm »

I have nothing meaningful to contribute here.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2016, 11:17:38 pm »

I have nothing meaningful to contribute here.
Then why post :P. Besides that, I think we just have to wait to see who's accepted now.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2016, 08:02:46 am »

Caellath has asked me about a last minute application, so he has 24 hours or so.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2016, 11:13:40 am »

I have considered this again and concluded that it is not the right game for me. Or perhaps I'm not the right player. I am new to forum RPGs, not to mention busy, so including me would have meant taking a risk. My sheet is hereby withdrawn.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:15:30 am by Mopsy »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2016, 11:45:03 am »

I don't mind less competition...but you had a really well written Character Mopsy-I hope you're quitting wasn't anything to do with the discussion about how we were going to implement a captain? Seems you wanted a Democracy sort of thing-I wouldn't mind that (all players would have to very active for it to work), but I also want just one persons hand on the wheel determining when it's time to move, so we don't get mucked up...

Anyway-Hope you change your mind, but if not, well I hope we run into each other in another game.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2016, 01:00:11 pm »

I don't mind less competition...but you had a really well written Character Mopsy-I hope you're quitting wasn't anything to do with the discussion about how we were going to implement a captain? Seems you wanted a Democracy sort of thing-I wouldn't mind that (all players would have to very active for it to work), but I also want just one persons hand on the wheel determining when it's time to move, so we don't get mucked up...

Anyway-Hope you change your mind, but if not, well I hope we run into each other in another game.

Thank you. The IC leadership issue is not the problem. The honest truth is that I'm really annoyed by our GM choosing to accept last-minute applications from forum veterans when he already has 11 sheets for 5-6 player slots. In my very personal opinion, it comes off as underhanded favoritism ("Come and play in my game! Submit characters! Improve them! Contribute lore! Debate things! Hurry up, I'll be choosing players any minute now! O WAIT CAELLATH SEZ HEL PLAY SO U GUIZ CAN F-O K BAI!?!??"), and it has killed enough buzz for me to push my cost/benefit analysis of this game into the red.

Still, I wouldn't have withdrawn if said analysis wasn't already close to the negative range, for reasons that are entirely my own fault. As I mentioned in my previous post, I am busy and inexperienced, so my withdrawal might quite possibly be better for everyone involved. I'd feel bad (and be stressed out) if my character was choosen over, say, Dwarmin's or Tiruin's, but I ended up not having the time or the ability to play as well as they would've played.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2016, 01:07:35 pm »

Wow. OK.

Well, bye, I guess?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2016, 01:09:33 pm »

The IC leadership issue is not the problem. The honest truth is that I'm really annoyed by our GM choosing to accept last-minute applications from forum veterans when he already has 11 sheets for 5-6 player slots. In my very personal opinion, it comes off as underhanded favoritism ("Come and play in my game! Submit characters! Improve them! Contribute lore! Debate things! Hurry up, I'll be choosing players any minute now! O WAIT CAELLATH SEZ HEL PLAY SO U GUIZ CAN F-O K BAI!?!??"), and it has killed enough buzz for me to push my cost/benefit analysis of this game into the red.
Now I do believe that is a very unfair view of the GM if have actually read the two starting posts since this thread, because Gigla said it's not first come first serve. Just because someone got a sheet in earlier than someone else does not mean that they are a better choice, and just because someone who applied later than someone else got chosen does not imply favoritism. I mean it is not Gigla's fault that ten plus people were interested in his game that doesn't have the slots for that many players. Even though I was one of the first people to post sheets I'm not going to be upset if the last person to post one gets the slot instead of me.

In essence, your actions so far have not led towards people thinking you would be a good player. I mean I personally as a GM would not want a player who withdrew from a previous game, because someone got picked over him and started claiming it on "underhanded favoritism".

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2016, 01:11:03 pm »

Quote from: OP
it's not first come first serve.

You gotta read the fine print, just because you got earlier dun means you have secured place v;

EDIT: ninja'd by adwarf
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2016, 01:30:07 pm »

~Snip

Ah, fair enough point. I understand you.  :-\

Still, I suppose I'm responsible for a forum fight...sigh...

*belatedly tosses barstool through gig's holographic windows*
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2016, 01:32:41 pm »

OK, let's leave that there, because I'd prefer for my thread not to descend into salt.

Anything further take to PMs.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 03, 2016, 02:47:22 am »

Since I'm the only pilot, and thus, a bit irreplaceable, I'll volunteer.
Someone forgets that I'm also a pilot/navigator :P
I think that's you, since that's not what your sheet says.
PFP for me now but: You using Google Chrome? The 'abbr' tag or 'dotted underline' doesn't display for some browsers :P
Spoiler: Some code into it (click to show/hide)
Though I do guess that I should've made it apparent out-of-spoiler like "Hey Gig, mind if I make a custom skill there?"
Oops me. :-[

That said: Can we have a general date for people to finish their sheets? Deadlines and all that, it helps organization for all interested folks. :3
With the issue mostly behind us--characters haven't been chosen and the GM is/has been neutral throughout. :O
Also there's a newly added weapon everyone: Hand Crossbow.

Gigla: Tiiiiny question here. What is defined as a 'small spaceship' where the piloting skill applies? Does the Piloting skill apply to all spacecraft?
Can we get a bit of added lore on Demons and Fey creatures//what makes them different or why they need different rolls later on?
And can any of the Shield category items be wielded along with a sword/ranged weapon? (Since the buckler, at least, can be strapped to the arm)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 09:23:14 pm by Tiruin »

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 03, 2016, 03:45:24 am »

It's more that I'm an idiot, and that I didn't notice the abbreviation.
I'm tempted to swap Gunner out with Seafaring Scholar, but I want that synergy with my item.
Also, there's supposedly only fiveish more hours left for sheets, judging from the fact that Gig said there were only 24 hours left 20 hours ago.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13