Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34

Author Topic: Castle: Fear is NOT your weakness: The Nazis strikes back!  (Read 24635 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: Fear is NOT your weakness: Resurrection!
« Reply #300 on: November 07, 2016, 02:13:35 pm »

Magma is far deeper below, no gas deposits around as far as you can tell sadly.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 11, 2016, 12:03:54 am »

Poke
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 11, 2016, 08:57:26 am »

Theoretically, could we drain the air from a small chamber via portals and use the vacuum as an Implosive Decompression Bomb?

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 11, 2016, 01:13:57 pm »

I would say you would want to use a shell casing in that kind of situation. Fire the unit in the shell casing, though the portal, as not to damage the unit, and then portal inside the shell casing, as it is flying to get it out. With that, you have both a unit and a weapon.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 11, 2016, 02:13:20 pm »

I'm thinking more of making a vacuum chamber and using it as a ghetto vortex

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 11, 2016, 05:59:55 pm »

The Furnaces have been set up, more or less. Stone tools were used to hammer ore into shape, making metal tools for making even better tools still.

It will be some time still before you could make a furnace hot enough to make steel, but this should be good.

With the presence of a smithy, you could save up precious power from needing to spend on giving your minions eldritch weapons and armor and just arm them with mundane ones. Only steel would come anywhere near as good, but at least they're free.

The Magical stone blocks could also be put to good use as well, ahh.. so many possibility.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 11, 2016, 08:08:41 pm »

What specifically are the stone's traits?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 11, 2016, 08:44:19 pm »

Incredibly easy to enchant, incredibly durable for stones.. the perfect building blocks for any self-respecting Entity to play with.

There's trace residue of the original owner's power, but you can easily overwhelm it with your own, turning the stones yours to toy with as you see fit.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 11, 2016, 09:40:33 pm »

Logain wants to test out and see if he can accelerate his arrows faster with his metal bending.
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 11, 2016, 09:48:47 pm »

You can shape the metal but you can't throw them around like telekinesis.

Not at this level at least.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 11, 2016, 10:17:55 pm »

Well try to sharpen and harden the tips at least??
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 11, 2016, 10:21:34 pm »

The Mizz stations an extra Mizzion an hour deep into each tunnel, and then has a single Mizzion explore down each tunnel until they find something of note. This does not include the Dwarf tunnel which has an Imp from The Rift exploring it.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 11, 2016, 11:44:37 pm »

Theoretically. Could we turn a patch of bricks into a Sharp Portal Trap? Functionally would be having many little portals that go to different locations. So person without the proper eldritch IFF steps on it>Person's foot and leg get sliced up like cheese and splattered across the wall of a different room>Person keeps sinking into the portals, getting shredded further.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 12, 2016, 11:29:08 am »

Well try to sharpen and harden the tips at least??

You could condense the metal and make incredible sharp edges, yes.

Theoretically. Could we turn a patch of bricks into a Sharp Portal Trap? Functionally would be having many little portals that go to different locations. So person without the proper eldritch IFF steps on it>Person's foot and leg get sliced up like cheese and splattered across the wall of a different room>Person keeps sinking into the portals, getting shredded further.

It won't be easy, but you're a Rift Entity so it's completely possible for you to do so.

The Mizz stations an extra Mizzion an hour deep into each tunnel, and then has a single Mizzion explore down each tunnel until they find something of note. This does not include the Dwarf tunnel which has an Imp from The Rift exploring it.

You sent out more scouts while the ones looking at the dwarven path stays there.

It seems that all other paths leads further down into the deeper deep, the first one to find anything spots what appears to be a band of Lizard-like Kobold miners picking away at an ore vein. Their camp must be really nearby.. and the dwarves probably didn't come around here so much, Dwarves don't appreciate the Kobolds very much, after all.

Te Kobolds looks like one of the few ugliest strain of kobolds you've ever known, they looked amphibious, with webbed feet and sharp claws. Kind of like.. Mini-gators. Endearing in their own way, definitely more endearing to the eldritch such as yourselves than the mundane, of course. The Mundane would probably think they're ugly as sin and might even have a trace of Eldritch!

They don't, not really. Their mages might, but these ones doesn't.

Another Mizzion that wandered deeper down the tunnel gets ambushed by a blind wyrm! it's criss-cross teeth trying to nom at the rusher as it dropped down from the ceiling onto it!

The other Mizzion found a deadend and looks sad.

The last Mizzion's scouting mission ended abruptly when they step on a bear trap that dug deep into their leg all the way to the bone, the chains are staked deep into the ground.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 12, 2016, 11:37:10 am »

Presumably we are sharing information, so...Go free the Mizzion, cloaking up, especially focusing on making sure my steps will not cause bear traps to trigger.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34