Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Your Adventure Mode Building Projects?  (Read 34655 times)

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your Future Adventure Mode Building Projects?
« Reply #120 on: May 10, 2016, 10:13:18 pm »

Yeah, you can assign rooms to people. My big question right now is just how useful it is having those extra people outside of extra builders and fighters. Once everything is set up, is there much of a point to keeping them around?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #121 on: May 10, 2016, 10:49:46 pm »

My attempts at making a lovely wooden shack for my spoils and companions are, unfortunately, being hampered by rotting wooden furniture.
I'm assuming masterworks can't rot? If not, are there any other ways to get around this that don't require changing the raws and thus having to gen a new world?

Otherwise i guess i'll just have to settle for a crappy empty wood box to keep my treasure in while i wait for the next update.

Toady has greatly acknowledged the bug on twitter, says hotfix tomorrow I guess this working properly is really important to him?

https://twitter.com/Bay12Games?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

https://twitter.com/Bay12Games/status/730185368436244480
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 10, 2016, 11:39:47 pm »

You wouldnt have to generate a new world if you change the reaction products for the furniture reactions (in reaction_adv_carpenter.txt) to produce a stone item instead of a wooden item:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

change that red segment to:

Spoiler: this blue segment (click to show/hide)

and the reaction now produces a claystone chair instead of a wooden chair. but still requires that log. It's a quick, dirty, unsatisfying workaround I guess.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 11, 2016, 12:26:57 am »

So, this is weird. I've been building for several days worth of solo labor, and nothing has rotted. What heresy is this? :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 11, 2016, 12:30:30 am »

So, this is weird. I've been building for several days worth of solo labor, and nothing has rotted. What heresy is this? :V
well constructions can last the test of time, placing wooden and or organic items down in camps not so much.
toady noted a bandit Rotted away mid attack while he was building and all was left of the body was a skeleton and some XX rags XX.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2016, 12:38:58 am »

Oh. It's loose items, not placed/constructed/built/whatever ones? Odd.

This will prove annoying due to my water barrel and food chest not being built things though. ;w;

Also, a question: any way to add buildings or workshops to the construction list?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2016, 01:10:16 am »

well constructions can last the test of time, placing wooden and or organic items down in camps not so much.
toady noted a bandit Rotted away mid attack while he was building and all was left of the body was a skeleton and some XX rags XX.

It doesnt affect people, unless they are dead, what happened was he killed the bandit then started building and then the bandit was a skeleton.

(been messing with it alot)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 01:12:25 am by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your Adventure Mode Building Projects?
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2016, 05:47:58 pm »

And that bug has been fixed in the current patch. So now we get to see what other bugs crop up.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2016, 08:53:48 am »

Hmm. Not much hope that my adventurer built temple will ever attract any visitors. It doesn't show up in Legends, so basically it doesn't exist except in the mind of the crazy rat-man lord of the hut next door. 

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2016, 02:05:13 pm »

Hmm. Not much hope that my adventurer built temple will ever attract any visitors. It doesn't show up in Legends, so basically it doesn't exist except in the mind of the crazy rat-man lord of the hut next door.

It doesnt show up in the "structures" list where your "meed hall" shows up?
I am an indie game dev!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2016, 05:59:18 pm »

Nope. The hall is there but the temple isn't. Will try a library and tavern next.

Also dissapointed that my rat-man and his drunk builders are non-interactive 'others' labeled as hostile (even though they're not) when I embarked a fortress on top of them. Carpenters workshop is also labeled 'forbidden' (you can set tasks on it - but no-one will go do them).

Will see if the same thing happens with a group of adventurers from the same civ.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 13, 2016, 07:14:35 pm »

Nope. The hall is there but the temple isn't. Will try a library and tavern next.

Also dissapointed that my rat-man and his drunk builders are non-interactive 'others' labeled as hostile (even though they're not) when I embarked a fortress on top of them. Carpenters workshop is also labeled 'forbidden' (you can set tasks on it - but no-one will go do them).

Will see if the same thing happens with a group of adventurers from the same civ.
well they will protect the fort from other hostiles and you can cage trap them you also kinda embark over their site than the adventurer retiring on yours.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 13, 2016, 07:21:28 pm »

Yeah, I was kind of hoping they'd be visitors. Maybe they'll visit later.
Actually I thought it'd be neat too if King Rat and his army of drunks tried to defend their mead hall from the invading dwarfs.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2016, 09:56:37 pm »

I kinda see it as you get to build a bandit camp and be the bandit you always wanted to be.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 15, 2016, 03:01:29 am »

Retiring my fortress and unretiring made the local hut lord a citizen of the fortress (apparently a member of a military squad which doesn't exist, and no labours available). He was a civ member though, non-civ member hut lords remain 'hostile'.

Also was down in the caverns and built a small site (while fending off cave crocs). I'm the  first of the deep dwarves. Yay.
Actually, nobody teleported anywhere during construction, so maybe that's fixed now?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13