Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: ERRANT  (Read 25013 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ERRANT test run in progress: Baby's first SNAFU
« Reply #165 on: February 20, 2016, 09:58:19 pm »

Move through the store to the north, shanking the alien in there, and then going through the back door to the service hallway.  Look right before entering.

TinFoilTopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2016, 10:06:38 pm »

Lay down suppressive fire on the aliens to the north.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2016, 10:31:32 pm »

Assuming [Dev] and [Nik] can take the north, if the tangoes to your south don't die, you're still very flanked.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2016, 10:56:15 pm »

Well boys, looks like we need a replacement!
Spoiler: Savior of humanity (click to show/hide)

Stats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Equipment:
Spoiler: shopping list (click to show/hide)

((Who even hired this man?!))
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 05:05:21 pm by Egan_BW »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 20, 2016, 10:57:14 pm »

((I shall wait to confirm whether my character died in horrible agony before I make a new one.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: February 20, 2016, 11:00:09 pm »

((If she didn't, she is going to. I don't think modern technology is equipped to repair your wounds, at least not so you can fight again.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 20, 2016, 11:05:30 pm »

Assuming [Dev] and [Nik] can take the north, if the tangoes to your south don't die, you're still very flanked.

((We've got two people nading the south, but nobody nading the north.  Both Dev and Nik have a wall between them and the elevator itself, and if they go the short way to the elevator, they'll get shot by the ayys suppressing them.  I'm tempted to just lay down and pop the north elevator ayys, but I really don't like that big clump of ayys to my NE.  They won't stay clumped forever, so this is prime time for a few HEs, and if something isn't done about them MidJag's definitely gonna get shot by them.

Worst thing is that the ayys in the civvie crowd aren't dead, and I can't do anything to impede them, so shots at the northeasterlies are risky.  I just don't see any way I can deal with them though.  At least I'm being a chivalrous (if stupid) commander and placing the highest-risk job on myself.

Question for fellow players: It seems we're pretty likely to wipe, here.  We might get lucky, but we might not.  We'll probably have to remake new characters.  How would people feel about having semi-pregenned characters?  Or at least have me give heavy suggestions on stats & equipment?  It would greatly improve our effectiveness, but reduce freedom--Radio's demon.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 20, 2016, 11:11:35 pm »

((Syv I like my odds of nading the 2 aliens in the elevator shaft and I think it would be overkill for you to also shoot them, so why don't you try using your grenade launcher on the ayys in the clump?))

((In regards to your question syv I like the whole "gang of incompetent murders" dynamic we have.))
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 11:19:35 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 20, 2016, 11:17:38 pm »

((You've got +1 dex and a hand grenade.  That's something like a 50% chance of success.  I've got +3 shooting and a 40mm launcher.  That's closer to 83% chance of success.  If both of us fail, both TFTH and I die.  Besides, I am nading the clump--after I ensure I don't get flanked.  If you're worried about getting shot by them, get into cover like I said to do.

Edit:In response to your response, that's fine, but this is a game where being a gang of incompetent murderers gets you killed.))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 20, 2016, 11:31:06 pm »

((I'm up for pregenned characters.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 20, 2016, 11:34:32 pm »

((Soylent Green does not bend to your puny suggestion of nerfing him.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 20, 2016, 11:39:38 pm »

((Whoops, missed that part of your action Syv, carry on.))

((Anyway, my vote is I don't really like the pregenned characters ideas, but I'll do still do it if everyone else likes it.))
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 11:41:27 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 20, 2016, 11:43:01 pm »

((I think you should make a quota of how many soldiers of each role we need, and then people can claim those spots and make their own characters. That way, we at least make sure we don't end up with five gunners.
Also, I claim gunner. :P))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 20, 2016, 11:57:54 pm »

((I'll post more about it tomorrow.  Probably'll interrogate Aigre some more--I've got very relevant questions.

I certainly wouldn't want to force anything on anyone.  I just think I'm probably more willing to spend an hour thinking about a good build than most people.  If someone wants to easily be handed a strong char with no work, I'm willing to do so.))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2016, 02:04:59 am »

I do have an easier mission planned if you want to switch to that... The shopping mall is meant to be an unforgiving kill-house.

You've got to learn basic fire and movement, and hostage rescue.

Kindergarten Cop MK2:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The chapel and classrooms have windows on all sides. There will definitely be a fire team on the second floor on overwatch.

Damsels in distress along with children being held hostage abducted, somewhere in the classrooms. Go rescue them without killing everyone.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22