Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 56

Author Topic: Archcrystal: 500 years in a fortress [SPOILERS] Finished  (Read 490199 times)

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Archcrystal: 421 years in a fortress [SPOILERS]
« Reply #600 on: June 15, 2018, 09:02:55 am »

Duun duun dun dun.

Well past 10 years have seen about 7 stressed dwarves in the Fort at any given time which is less than 5% of the population. So as a society that’s pretty good stats. I’ve removed all of the demon corpses piled up at the entrance to hell which was a major cause of most of the horrified memories and given each dwarf more time off to socialize etc. I’ve even had one dwarf recover from stress which is a good sign.

The fortress guard though takes care of the ones who throw tantrums pretty quickly with throat punches. And even though they’re all pretty stressed they are becoming hardened now. My only concern is keeping the population up, as I’ve got 4 married couples pumping out babies every 9 months but all of these couples are in their 130’s so I’ll have to set up some pre-honeymoon suites soon.

Ggobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 16, 2018, 02:51:40 pm »

Are you leaving your fortress open and operating when your not at the computer?
Do you leave it running in the background?
Or are you torturing yourself watching a 10 FPS fortress?
Just popping in to say that if DF has taught me anything, it's that everything is doomed.

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 17, 2018, 09:36:29 am »

I used to able to leave it running, but now with the new stress update I have to keep an eye on things. I’m going to try and fill mandates again because dwarves are getting too stressed from going to prison.

10fps is pretty watchable actually if you’re used to it. Anything above 30 feels too fast to be honest.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 17, 2018, 10:31:23 am »

With 10 FPS you should feel blessed, I average around 1-5 FPS

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 18, 2018, 06:25:20 am »

I only get to such low FPSs when operating a magma pump stack, cause usually, my forts die before we get to that point...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

NopeZone

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 18, 2018, 02:32:40 pm »

PTW I registered for this thread and I'm now looking into playing DF after hearing about it for years because of this fortress

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 20, 2018, 02:50:59 pm »

Just finished reading through the whole thread again. Man this is awesome. How many years did it take to reach the first hundred years in-game? I really want to try a multigenerational fort (like many others) but I feel like I'd lose interest after a few months. ^^;
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 21, 2018, 06:05:58 pm »

Well it only took me 7 months to do the first 241 years because I basically turtled the fort and left it running 24/7. I set work orders with the manager twice a day to make the stuff I needed and with a population under 50 I didn't have to worry about invasions and mandates in that time. The next 180 years though where I actively managed the fort day to day with a population of 145 with invasions, mandates etc. has take 2 years 4 months. Each year is taking even longer now that I have to manage their stress levels with growing detail.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 23, 2018, 08:13:33 pm »

Well it only took me 7 months to do the first 241 years because I basically turtled the fort and left it running 24/7. I set work orders with the manager twice a day to make the stuff I needed and with a population under 50 I didn't have to worry about invasions and mandates in that time. The next 180 years though where I actively managed the fort day to day with a population of 145 with invasions, mandates etc. has take 2 years 4 months. Each year is taking even longer now that I have to manage their stress levels with growing detail.

Not any more! :D
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 24, 2018, 12:58:50 am »

44.11 is out. Time for the world to bend their knee at Archcrystal.

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 24, 2018, 03:15:12 pm »

Whew. 6 more dwarves recently stressed and the guards are constantly busy. Crimes from tantrums were being reported weekly and 1 in 3 beatings were death sentences. Looking forward to managing less terminal dwarves

Maul_Junior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: June 28, 2018, 08:21:36 am »

ooooooooooh......

I just realized how much fun the next few decades of Archcrystal are gonna be.

Because now that they've conquered Hell.....they can now literally conquer the world.
Quote from: Meph
I didn't actually say this.

Quote from: smurfingtonthethird
there is nothing funnier than watching a goblin army get assaulted by hundreds of war chickens.

Any new discovery, sufficiently weaponize, is indistinguishable from !!FUN!!

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 29, 2018, 12:00:20 am »

Could be difficult though, the one thing Archcrystal doesn't have on its side is numbers. Even legendary dwarves will stumble against elven retreats with giant animals.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 29, 2018, 06:12:00 am »

Could be difficult though, the one thing Archcrystal doesn't have on its side is numbers. Even legendary dwarves will stumble against elven retreats with giant animals.

If Sethatos want, he can raise the population cap once again, but this time, every wave of immigrants that he receive, shall be turned into military, trained and sent out on missions to conquer the neighbouring lands, that's what I'm planning to do on my current fort, raise the pop cap up to 150 or something, and have something like 4 or 5 full squads, send out 2 squads to conquer a land, receive immigrants, put these guys to train, and send them out again to conquer another land.
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 29, 2018, 10:41:36 am »

That’s pretty much what I had planned except I’m activating 2 of the reserve squads for full time military service because we are getting about 5 sieges Per year now. Then we will soften up the targets with the regular military going out and send the migrants over as heavily armed recruits to simply occupy new territory.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 56