Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56

Author Topic: Archcrystal: 500 years in a fortress [SPOILERS] Finished  (Read 490182 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: Archcrystal: 421 years in a fortress [SPOILERS]
« Reply #615 on: June 29, 2018, 11:51:25 am »

I advise you to try and train some dwarves on Military Tactics, cause It hurts a lot to send out a heavy equiped squad to raid an elven forest retreat and have them lose the battle even when the odds were in our favor, just because the squad leader didn't know a thing about battle tactics...
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 30, 2018, 07:23:21 pm »

If Sethatos want, he can raise the population cap once again, but this time, every wave of immigrants that he receive, shall be turned into military, trained and sent out on missions to conquer the neighbouring lands, that's what I'm planning to do on my current fort, raise the pop cap up to 150 or something, and have something like 4 or 5 full squads, send out 2 squads to conquer a land, receive immigrants, put these guys to train, and send them out again to conquer another land.
Haven't all the prospective migrants died of old age by now?

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 30, 2018, 08:24:32 pm »

Nah
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 30, 2018, 08:47:43 pm »

There's currently two large invasions happening at once. The elves and goblins are spawning in right next to each other while the dwarves relax and watch through the glass walls.

☼FUN☼

• Bay Watcher
  • dabbling forum user
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: July 03, 2018, 05:42:31 pm »

wow just wow I dont have a lot of experience with DF but I can safely tell that this fort is simply epic
PTW
Have you seen the invisible kobold?

QubeNub

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 12, 2018, 06:05:33 am »

Damn, I'm kind of envious.
My longest fort only lasted about 7 years and the FPS was also down to 5-10 which made me kind of get bored with the fort.
Your ancient fort gave me new motivation to start playing again, so thanks for that! :D

Keep it up!

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 12, 2018, 11:01:06 am »

Glad your enjoying it! And thanks again to everyone who has commented and followed so far.

So I've upgraded to 44.12 and it now says a bunch of the goblin pits to the north are economically linked to Archcrystal:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

All of the capital "E"s are goblin pits that are economically linked to Archcrystal. I'm not sure what that means considering we're still at war with the Feral Doom which is the goblin civilization that owns those sites. I mean we have been kicking the crap out of them for centuries so maybe they just align with us now? :)

Also, new version giving me 16 FPS!!!!! I've never felt so alive.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 11:07:38 am by Sethatos »

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: July 12, 2018, 11:20:58 am »

Glad your enjoying it! And thanks again to everyone who has commented and followed so far.

So I've upgraded to 44.12 and it now says a bunch of the goblin pits to the north are economically linked to Archcrystal:

All of the capital "E"s are goblin pits that are economically linked to Archcrystal. I'm not sure what that means considering we're still at war with the Feral Doom which is the goblin civilization that owns those sites. I mean we have been kicking the crap out of them for centuries so maybe they just align with us now? :)

Also, new version giving me 16 FPS!!!!! I've never felt so alive.

Might be somehow linked to the Terror/Vengeance import/export agreement easter egg you see in the trade screen while viewing a goblin civ.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 12, 2018, 11:24:10 am »

Maybe, but the rest of the goblin pits to the south owned by the Feral Doom are not economically linked. Also, every other civilization we're at war with doesn't have any economy links either.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 12, 2018, 12:12:11 pm »

FYI economically linked sites that aren't your civ are bugged, you need to raid them to make them work right

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: July 12, 2018, 12:21:13 pm »

Cool thanks for the heads up. They will be the first to be conquered then.

Sethatos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 12, 2018, 05:12:22 pm »

Yeah the holdings seem pretty buggy in general. I've had two of these pop up now:

They are goblin pits from the closest goblin civ at war with us, still owned by them.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 12, 2018, 07:24:16 pm »

Clearly their economies are now so closely linked to the endless war against you to such a degree that they consider you an economic partner despite trying to exterminate you for 400 straight years
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 13, 2018, 07:17:47 am »

"I still hate you, and want to kill you, but we may trade"
-Insert gobbo name here

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #629 on: July 13, 2018, 08:10:34 am »

Goblin : Let us trade okay?
Dwarf: ...okay ?
Goblin : Alright now we'll be applying steel and aluminum tariffs. This is war, dwarf, this is war
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 56