Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 294786 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD - Turn 73 -With a Google Doc!-
« Reply #2055 on: March 31, 2017, 09:39:29 pm »

"If I was stronger, I could have killed them without you or the others getting hurt. But thank you. I'm glad you didn't get too hurt. I'll go see if the others want to keep going, to put more distance between us and the rats. I don't trust them." Gray responds before making his way over to Kokaun and Brown.

"Did you want to keep going, or did you want to find somewhere to hide and rest?"

Ask first in human, and also see what they were discussing. If my human isn't good enough, get Kokaun to translate. Also change back to Chaos form
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 07:06:16 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: April 01, 2017, 01:49:37 am »

((Upgrade tiiiiiiiime!(Oh god, here comes the 1, I see it on the horizon...
This ok? If I've done anything wrong, tell me. I also decided to make it obvious which stuff I replaced with better versions of itself.))
((You don't have to fear rolling [1] on transformation yet. It would open different paths, but is more or less harmless. As for your upgrades, I'd suggest avoiding direct numbers - there is no "damage per hit" in game, only approximations that take stats (abilities), stages and rolls into account.

P.S. Breathing fire for hour at time is insane. Just saying  ::) ))
((It's ment to be an hour per day, sorry if that's not clear enough.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: April 01, 2017, 06:36:22 am »

Just curious, what would happen if Tòir Chail would be stolen? Would it retain its bond to its former owner, or would it adjust to the new owner that stole it? What about if Tòir and its owner get separated otherwise? Would Tor slowly lose its bond, or would it be retained? And have you considered getting another player to make a monster to wield Tòir?
((Haven't decided between him not being able to leave his wielder's person, causing immense pain to anyone attempting to wield it other than his owner or simply bonding with the wielder so much that he's basically stored inside the owner and just summoned whenever needed. Hm, another option would be that Tòir happens upon his owner again whenever he might be needed thanks to the manipulations of fate. I suppose it'd be pretty interesting to have another player wield him, but one of the reasons I wanted Tòir to be used by an NPC is to allow Nakeen to fuck around inside explore his world and possibly show off some cool places. That and I thought that letting Nakeen take the wheel would be interesting.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: April 01, 2017, 09:46:57 am »

((Why do Barag and Kokaun have so many different and specific wounds, unlike other players or NPCs?))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: April 01, 2017, 10:23:01 am »

((Why do Barag and Kokaun have so many different and specific wounds, unlike other players or NPCs?))
((Not many were able to gain many different wounds and special conditions while retaining their life in the process. Basically, Kokaun currently has Acid damage, Cut damage and Internal damage applied. Cuts are easy to heal, Internal heals much slower. Acid... Don't know if it can heal fully by itself. Can you beat this record, attaining four lasting damage types?  ;) ))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: April 01, 2017, 11:10:29 am »

((room for another?))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 10:14:58 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: April 01, 2017, 06:23:40 pm »

Turn will be up today! :D

((room for another?))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry, I don't have room. I will add you to the waitlist.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: April 01, 2017, 07:06:52 pm »

((I edited my action to also include changing back to normal form. Hope that won't delay the turn too much.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: April 02, 2017, 07:32:43 am »

Turn 73.2 Previous Turn

Squelchy the Polyslime
Squelchy happily accepts the other slime's offer to share the fruit, emitting pheromones of joy.

The tentacled slime split the plump fruit in half. You take one half and eagerly ingest it, letting it melt slowly in your body.

Such is the fragrance of the fruit that your senses seem to melt from the ecstasy. This exquisite feeling transcends anything you ever experienced, or could have imagined.

As the otherworldly pleasure dies down, you feel like a soft yet strong fire warming up your body.
As you come back to your senses, you also notice a constant golden light radiating from your body. The same can be said of the Flagelly.

[Trait acquired: Blessing of the Suntree]
Consuming a sunfruit granted your body the ability to produce an energy close in nature to that of the sun. The latent energy in your body is linked to your mana reserves.

Ally :
- 1 Pheromone Flagelly

Spoiler: Squelchy's Status (click to show/hide)

Eron the Ghost Musician
...must be a doctor, forever burdening himself with examining and treating his three patients, while they themselves are all bound with an illness that will never be treated, for it has left this world as much as they have...
Softly play the..er...Song of Healing. Probably isn't magical or anything in this world, but the things it represents...well, there's both meanings applied. Seems appropriate.

[4] A sweet melody flows out of the instrument. It fills the room, slowly lightening the heavy air, burdened by a tragic past. Nothing seems to dare disturbing the song, letting it envelop everything.

A reaction. The ghastly audience lifts their featureless heads, captivated by the song. Is this because their silence is disturbed? Or because memories of this song remain in their lasting selves?

The doctor's shadow stops. You notice that out of all the remnants there, he is the most formed one. You distinguish a face. Two words to describe it. Sadness and regret.

Its lips moves, speaking soundless words.

"Once more, please."

Is what you read on his lips.

Spoiler: Eron's Status (click to show/hide)

Theta the Wolf
Claw at the attacker.

Theta: [3]
Human-faced Arachnid: [2]
You claw at the creature, attempting to free yourself from the grasp. You only graze the face of the monster, inflicting superficial wounds.

It is enough for the creature to lose focus, letting you go away and flailing in confusion.

Enemy:
-Human-faced Arachnid [Face scratched]

Spoiler: Theta Status (click to show/hide)

Nox the Vampire Bat
Stab repeatedly in an attempt to finish off the beast. If I do kill it, turn off Night's Frenzy.

[3] You stab once. Then a second time. And a third time. The creature finally dies from blood loss, and instantly freeze in rigor mortis.

The numbness has taken up your hands.

You quickly turn off the Night's Frenzy, and start feeling the strain taking its toll upon your body. Your arms feels so heavy, and your legs are in pain. The essence of the dead monster becomes yours.
+2 Essence

You are feeling very tired.

Enemy :
-1 Thorn horror [Dead]

Spoiler: Nox's Status (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
"... I was merely lost in thought."

Caedan walks up to the Etherlink Table. There's one more thing he needs to know of his past. A place he'd like to see with his own eyes. Hopefully, the information is stored in here somewhere.

Where is that mansion I remembered? Enlist the Sentinel to help if necessary. Maps would be nice too.

FAKEEDIT: Ask the Sentinel if the they have some methods of ascertaining one's ancestry or something along those lines. It'd be nice to get Ramas some answers concerning his heritage.

Once that is done, Caedan turns to Vanare.

"So, shall we continue?"

More history research should Vanaremalia be up to it. If she's not, well, time to start planning the journey home.

((Dammit, I've got a new character concept that I kinda want to use (a living weapon, which I'd like to be more of a companion to an NPC instead of a leading role), but at the same time that'd require either retiring Caedan or him dying. Which is a no-no.))

Searching for where one belong: [3]
"8" answered in a professional manner:
"The maps of the old world should be all intact. Unfortunately, it may be possible that the landscape greatly changed since the catastrophe. I will help you to the best of my abilities."

Connecting on the Etherlink, you explain to the Sentinel the hints of what you are searching. That should be your main residence, which lied to the west of Levem's center. A manor located in rural area, away from the bustling activity of the monstropolis...

You only had to hope that the current world's landscape hadn't been too altered.

[Maps of the Old World obtained]

An important detail caught your eye. The map of the old world depicts a gigantic continent, however, you are pretty sure a map you saw depicted the current world as a much smaller continent surrounded by the sea...

You also learnt the name of the old world. Yaremos.

Ancestry: [3]
"I apologize, the Library doesn't possess the facilities required to fully establish one's lineage. However, we Sentinels should be able to determine the dominant bloods making up an individual. It may be possible to determine dormant ones too."

You nodded, and after keeping these words in your mind, you went back to Vanare.

(...)

She seemed much more lively, and "4" was floating right beside her.
"I got to discuss a bit with this guardian. It was a bit expected, but I won't be able to bring any document back with me."

As soon as you asked if she needed to do more research, she exclaimed:
"I could probably spend my whole life there! This is the dream of all the High Archivists before me, to find such a repository of truth about the past. I want to learn everything about it, to understand the state of the current world."

You weren't surprised, you expected such an answer. After a bit more of talking, she added.
"Oh. You reminded me of my mission. There is still something of utmost urgency I must do, then I will have to leave for Lagus (Fordania's Capital)."

What was her true mission? you wondered.

Together, you browsed more of the Etherlink. Analyzed ancient documents... All related to the history of Lagus. It seemed she was searching for something very specific, she wasn't looking aimlessly. You heard her mutter "...the sword of the lake...". You noticed a passage at the start of a document relating of the last recorded moments of the past city of Lagus.

It read:
"As per the old legend, we hid a "sword" under the "lake". For the future generations."

Knowledge: [6]
"The Lake". The lake referred to Lagus.
"A Sword". A weapon. A weapon was hidden in Lagus.
You accidentally spoke out loud.

Vanare turned toward you with a surprised look.
"You found out?"

Ally :
Vanaremalia De Veraide, Fordania Great Library's High Archivist

Others:
-Levemite Sentinel "4"
-Levemite Sentinel "8"

Spoiler: Caedan's Status (click to show/hide)

The Psychic Forest Spider and Roeway the Raging Blood Hound
freak out and mind blast the demons until i run out of energy then flee from them ((how strong are the demons? stage 2-3? also if just the scream did 4 damage i think im already dead))
((Well I was just going to run and I think my species are used as manual labor/breed to be meat shields))

Find and grab the Crazy spider then RUN through the FOREST RUN.

Spider: [3]
Roeway: [1]
Demons: [6, 5, 6]

As the battle rage, confusion sets in.

Freaking out, the Spider unleashes a panicked [Mind Blast] with all its might. -10MP
The overloaded psychic attack affects the three demons, but they prove more resilient than one would expect. Damaged, confused, but far from being beaten down, they unleash their next moves...

The Screaming Demon once more let out a powerful scream, affecting everyone on the place, allies and enemies alike.
Spider: -3HP
Roeway: -3HP
The second Demon created an illusion in the mind of Roeway, making him so disoriented he ran toward the incoming demons...
The Tail Demon managed to lash out at Roeway again, spilling more of its blood. Roeway's [Blood Soaked] and [Boiling Blood Rage] activated as a result.
Roeway: -1HP

Hostiles:
-3 Demons (front)
> Screaming
> Illusion [Wounded/Affected by Scream]
> Tail [Wounded/Affected by Scream]
-Undetermined number of pursuing demons

Spoiler: The Spider's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roeway's Status (click to show/hide)

Heros Draco Drakant the Drakel
((Upgrade tiiiiiiiime!(Oh god, here comes the 1, I see it on the horizon...)))

Name: Heros draco Drakant
Species: Drakel
Appearance: A child dragon covered in red, yellow, and blue scales. It has spikes that start on from it's head, and go down to the end of it's tail. It's claws are fairly big and very sharp. It's wings are very wide for a dragon
Attributes: increase two stats by 1 and decrease two other stats by 1 (apart from HP or MP)
HP 15
MP 12
STR 1 -Strength : increase physical damage-
CON 0 -Constitution : increase physical resilience-
POW 1 -Power : increase special/magical damage-
RES -1 -Resistance : increase special/magical resilience-
INT 0 -Intelligence : increase your ability to submit others to your will-
IND 0 -Individuality : increase your ability to resist to others will-

Traits:
!LOST! Weak Scale Armour: It's armour slightly protects it from incoming attacks. !LOST!
Sharp claws: It's claws are sharp and deadly.
!NEW! Almost Average Scale Armour: It's armour can deflect hits, causing it to negate 2 damage from each attack against it(1 damage if 2 is not allowed.)

Skills:
!LOST! Weak Fire Breath: It can breath fire, but only for small amounts of time. !LOST!
!NEW! Fire Breath: It can breath fire for around an hour at a time. !NEW!

((This ok? If I've done anything wrong, tell me. I also decided to make it obvious which stuff I replaced with better versions of itself.))

Transformation Success Roll: [3]
You suddenly felt your body hurting, as if you urgently needed to mold. No, on closer inspection, it actually felt as if a sudden power was begging to be set free.

You felt your scales hardening, but more importantly, your wings grew wide, especially for your species.

+5HP, +2MP, +1CON
The trait Weak Scale Armor was upgraded to Almost Average Scale Armor
The skill Weak Fire Breath was upgraded to Fire Breath
You are now a Drakel, and your name is Heros Draco Drakant

Styrfing and Okilion also underwent a sudden change.

Styrfing transformed into a Frost Wyrmling
Okilion transformed into an Emerald Drake

You were all speechless in front of this. Dormall and Deair were even more dumbfounded before the event.

Allies:
Styrfing, Frost Wyrmling
Dormall, Earth Drakling
Deair Vol Zephon, Sky Drakling
Okilion, Emerald Drake

One-of-the-many Arthropedes
Hunter is hunted and prey is hunting? This is wrong.

Circle around back, trying to stay outside of bigger predator's hunting grounds. Look for a place where I could turn situation around to more natural one; the one where I'm the hunter.

[4] Adaptiveness was a key quality to one's survival. Quickly reacting to your instinct hints, you didn't waste a second to leave the place and look for a place or create a situation where you would have the dominant position.

As you disappeared in the shadow of a bush, you heard a shuffling somewhere above you.

You spotted a fast winged figure. Some owl like monster, and it seems you managed to evade its sight. It then landed on a thick branch, staying alert to find your location.

You had it in your sight, and it didn't. The advantage was all yours.

Ulkas the Horned Demon
"Che..."

Glancing at the smiling head once more, Ulkas carefully put it to the ground. He had to respect those humans for giving him one more important lesson... Again.

"Sorry, Astrosa, it was my mistake fully. I have dismissed human devotion on a larger scale after our previous encounters with them and now we have enough time for one village at most, after which human counterattack should arrive. Lets move quickly."

Proceed to the closest village, then, if already empty - to the next at full speed. We have to make most out of this situation.

She nodded summarily, trying to keep her cool.
"Yes."

Curious. It wasn't a state of controlled fury. You did feel anger, but you noticed something else. She seemed deep in thoughts.

Your headed for Falica.

[1] The village was completely deserted. You landed in the empty town square, inspecting calmly the surroundings.
They made haste, didn't they. It seems they left as soon as news spread.

You lifted your eyes upward. Astrosa was flying, gazing at something far in the horizon. She made you a sign beckoning you to come. You flew next to her, and asked what was the matter. She was looking toward the direction of Eastarm.

"I can see something from there."

See something? Did she mean...

Yes. She meant that her Eyes of the Mighty could see something from that faraway.

"Ulkas..." her voice was trembling.

"We have to flee immediately. Let's go for Ilmer and Inmer. If the being I can see from there come to us, we will die."

It was the first time you saw her choose to flee a fight not fought yet, even a losing one. What in hell was in Eastarm?...

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Gorra the Lich
we Will Wander off, There's Bound to be something to Kill and Raise around here...

[3] You left the curious, derelict tower, looking for something to use your powers on.

Your wanderings led you to a small lair where lived small humanoid monsters. Their black-charred skin and emaciated figure only highlighted their sharp, vicious teeth. They growled aggressively at you and Osuro.

"What shall I do master?"

Allies :
-Great Skeletal Knight, Osuro [Essence2Abs]
> Worn battle axe

Spoiler: Gorra's Status (click to show/hide)

T946 the Security Bot
Try to find something to open the door. worst case scenario, I will have to bash a construct battery against the door (I do not want to do that for 3 reasons)

[1] You rummaged around, looking for something to open the door. What seemed to be a lever to open the door was located on the wall, and you pulled it.
An alarm suddenly rang, and you noticed the scratched notice over the lever. It was an emergency alert, not the door's lever.

Time was now of utmost importance.

[4] You salvaged a construct battery nearby and bashed it against the door, freeing the stored energy within...
The powerful blast of energy burst the door open, and slightly damaged your structure. -2HP

You entered the room, and quickly grabbed the key.

Spoiler: T946's Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster
"If I was stronger, I could have killed them without you or the others getting hurt. But thank you. I'm glad you didn't get too hurt. I'll go see if the others want to keep going, to put more distance between us and the rats. I don't trust them." Gray responds before making his way over to Kokaun and Brown.

"Did you want to keep going, or did you want to find somewhere to hide and rest?"

Ask first in human, and also see what they were discussing. If my human isn't good enough, get Kokaun to translate. Also change back to Chaos form

Back to [Chaos Form].

[3] You managed to formulate an understandable sentence in human speech, though the result to a human looked like being spoken to by an alien being. Which was actually the case in a way. Barag answered and Kokaun filled in the gap you didn't understand:
"To us humans, these creatures are the worse scavenger scum of the desert. As long as you are in the desert, they will keep following you until they find an occasion to murder you."

Kokaun confirmed that these monsters were ruthless scavengers. Both agreed it was better to distance as much as possible from the rodents.

Enemies:
-6 rodent-like monsters (back)

Allies:
-Barag, Muscular Human Cut and Bruises all over Side melted / Skin melted / Medicine applied
> Great Spear
-Kokaun, Golden Radasar Wounds opening / Wounded / Scales melted [4Ess]

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: April 02, 2017, 07:33:29 am »

I'm going to sleep, tell me if I made a mistake/forgot something!

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: April 02, 2017, 08:38:17 am »

((Awesome! Appearance of such powerful entity is both thrilling and exciting... Now, could we flee from it, using all the powers at our disposal and advantage of a long distance? I'm also very curious about its origin, though I do have some theories...))

Ulkas was quite surprised by this sidden revelation, as his plans did not account for arrival of such powerful entity that could shake even Astrosa, making her consider retreat immediately. Still, he was quick to follow the situation.

"Lets fly with haste to the sea, then."

While already on move, Ulkas questioned his companion:

"What exactly your eyes told you? Can you judge the distance between us and that being in case it follows our trail? And was such power hidden there all the time, or appeared suddenly only moments ago?"
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: April 02, 2017, 08:59:08 am »

"Once more, then."
Play it once more, but a little jazzier this time. Afterward, tell them "You may want to hear this piece of respite again, but others lay without it in their ears, their burdens stretching out the pain upon their souls. Perhaps, one day, I can find a way to give you a truer peace, something more after death. I must be off, for I am needed elsewhere."

((Honestly, I just realized something here. Going to save explaining it for my next action, though. You'll see why)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 10:14:33 am by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: April 02, 2017, 09:40:51 am »

((So now I can charge Flash using sunlight, but I also naturally radiate sunlight?

Cool.))

Squelchy begins to search for more sustenance, be it other slimes or fruit.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: April 02, 2017, 11:20:20 am »

(oh god oh god oh god oh god)
FLEE!!!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably writing something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: April 02, 2017, 02:48:41 pm »

Study the others and their abilities and stuff before testing out some of mine against a nearbye tree. Then go home, unless we see something that looks like it'll make a good meal on the way.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 03:51:34 am by TankKit »
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 146