Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 294791 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD - Turn 72 -With a Google Doc!-
« Reply #2025 on: March 18, 2017, 04:08:49 pm »

Bad luck. There is a power outage where I live, so I probably won't be able to finish the turn today. Hopefully the power comes back soon.
If there's a power outage how did you type this post?
Mobile :)

edit: and the write up is on the computer
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 04:10:40 pm by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2026 on: March 18, 2017, 04:53:36 pm »

Bad luck. There is a power outage where I live, so I probably won't be able to finish the turn today. Hopefully the power comes back soon.
And I still don't have access to information Ulkas gathered  :D
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: March 18, 2017, 05:28:18 pm »

that sucks  :(
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD - Turn 73 -With a Google Doc!-
« Reply #2028 on: March 18, 2017, 07:40:52 pm »

Thanks for keeping at it, Nakeen!
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: March 20, 2017, 09:10:18 am »

Hope you're doing well.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2030 on: March 24, 2017, 11:32:47 am »

how long until next turn?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2031 on: March 24, 2017, 10:58:51 pm »

Ulkas information gathering:

"Fortunately, the humans you interrogated weren't unknowing peasants. You gathered a good deal of informations about the surrounding lands. You were located in the south-eastern regions of Fordania.

First off, there was the city of Eastarm, which was the main settlement of the surrounding regions. A fortress-like city with a massive protective wall, you suspected it may have served a decisive role in the past war you heard of. It served both as a center of power and a hub for trading and traveling. In general, any traveler going through eastern Fordania had to pass through Eastarm at some point.

Probably because of that, the number of noticeable villages here were rather scarce compared to western and northern Fordania.
Further in the south and close to the sea were the twin villages of Ilmer and Inmer. One of the few coastal villages to have withstood Cearn raids over the year, both due to the villagers hiring mercenaries to defend and train themselves.
A bit north, and close to Eastarm were the villages of Ebevine, Falica and Brim. These were all peaceful places thanks to the proximity of the city.
Further west was the village of Harpelio, known for being the birthplace of the twin human heroes Adenar and Lamine.

As for the landscape of the region you were located in consisted mostly of forests and some hills. If you continued west though, you would reach immense plains composing most of the center of Fordania. You could of course find some rivers descending from the Vaset Mountains in the far north."

((added in the main turn))

how long until next turn?
(Tomorrow. The week was pretty busy, and I couldn't find time to write.)

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: March 25, 2017, 03:49:26 am »

Ulkas chuckled mirthfully after analyzing information he got from tortured villagers:

"Marvelous, simply marvelous... Now that we know the layout of human lands, it would be much easier to plan our assaults!"

He spent a few moments contemplating before turning to Astrosa and sharing his observations:

For now, its best to avoid going west, as both human reinforcements and great plaines lie this way. Eastarm is too defended for our current abilities, bit villages to the north of it appeal much more to me - forested region with some hills can provide cover between attacks and humans are lax due to closeness of their fortress... Twin villages near sea coast seem well-defended, but promising for the future. Would you like to go sight-seeing there after we finish raising villages to the north, my Queen?"

If Astrosa does not mind, raize Ebevine, Falica and Brim to the ground. Beware of human reinforcements, though - we might have to stop our raids prematurely.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2033 on: March 25, 2017, 05:55:01 pm »

Turn 73.1 Previous Turn

Eron the Ghost Musician
Look around some of the houses- I barely remember them, and could use a reminder. Some of them probably have holes, whether doorframes without doors, broken windows, etc. to fit the trumpet through.

[5] The mind may have forgotten, but the soul still remembers. As you wander, part of you can feel the ripples of your forgotten past, sometimes.
Feelings seem bound to places, some houses give you a warm feeling, others make you feel uncomfortable... Yet wherever you go, you still feel a lingering sadness in this village. Even the name of this place written on a broken sign makes you shiver: Desid.

Then you stop before this building, the village doctor's house and the village's infirmary. Despite the sadness being even stronger there, you keep returning there, drawn to something.

For some reason, you decide to brave the unease and enter the place through the doorless entrance.

A crushing sadness starts welling up, and your trumpet inadvertently let out a small pitch. You... probably died there. You are not sure, but if you were to choose a place, it would definitely be there. You proceed a bit further. You sense some waning figures: half-formed ghosts bound to this place, yet unable to manifest a will. Mere shadows.

One of them catch your attention. It slowly moves toward each shadows, stay there a few seconds, then move on to the next. And it keeps doing that cyclically, relentless.

Spoiler: Eron's Status (click to show/hide)

Terrence the Bone Baron
Terrence, annoyed, crossed both pairs of skeletal arms.
"Ugh, how typical. Very well then, I'll let you decide this one, rider. Shall we fight them, or flee them?"

((This has been gone so long I forget whether or not quick answers to quick questions like this are a thing.  :P Great to have you back, Nakéen!))

(Just in case:)

If the rider decides to fight: charge the first emerging bonemetal warrior and grab onto the arm which has a blade-hand. Using all four arms, attempt to bend the joint the wrong way until its bones are pried apart. If successful, hold on to the removed skelemetal arm; it's my weapon now.

If the rider decides to flee: flee at top speed, following the rider.

"We are outnumbered, if a fight were to start we would have no chance. I am not entirely sure either, we don't know their intentions yet, but we can never be too careful. Fleeing seems like the better option."

He makes a motion toward his back, he is inviting you to ride him.
"It will be faster."

A super skeleton riding a skeletal centaur? Quite the intimidating picture, not that you don't mind. You get on his back, and once you have a proper grip he dash away.

[1] You hear a sharp whistling in the wind, like a throw projectile. A bone javelin lands right in front of the rider, who rears up and stops immediately. The javelin came from the direction you were escaping toward, and you see four more bonemetal warriors through the fog.

"Outnumbered and surrounded. Quite out of luck are we. Maybe we should ascertain their motives, but just in case, let's devise an escape plan. If worst comes to worst, I will dash toward the four ones."

Ally:
-Dead Rider

Enemies ?
-a dozen approaching bonemetal warriors
-4 bonemetal warriors (blocking escape)

Spoiler: Terence's Status (click to show/hide)

Heros Draco Infans the Drakling
Jump the wolf, all 5 of us shall attack it at the same time, we need to kill it as fast as possible.

((Oh god, I just realized something. If the other Draklings don't have the ability to absorb essence and grow super powerful...))

((3 consecutive [5]s))

[5] It was a hunt after all, once your target was cornered, their wasn't room for hesitation. Altogether, you rushed toward the wounded wolf monster.

By the time his pained gaze crossed with yours, all five Draklings were already surrounding him. You worked in perfect unison, having sharpened your coordination skills over the years.
Dormall and Deair would attract the attention of the prey depending on the situation, being respectively the sturdiest and the fastest of you all.
Styrfing would cripple the prey with its frost based attacks, but there was no need of that currently, so the remaining members just attacked the creature.

The once mighty beast quickly fell, not before cursing you and its life. As it let out its last breath, a wave of power filled all of you.
What was that? Gold as a zenith, invigorating like the sun. The power of the fallen was now becoming yours...

It was your first big kill since weeks. But something like this never happened before.

Defeating a stage 4 monster: 8 essence
Heros Draco Infans gained 2 Essence
Styrfing gained 2 Essence
Dromall gained 1 Essence
Deair Vol Zephon gained 1 Essence
Okilion gained gained 2 Essence

Heros, Styrfing and Okilion can transform.

Allies:
Styrfing, Frost Drakling
Dormall, Earth Drakling
Deair Vol Zephon, Sky Drakling
Okilion, Green Drakling

Nox the Vampire Bat
((Oh boy, this isn't gonna be pretty...))

Push in the thorny bit as much as you can, then take it out and ram the creature with full force to try to flip it over.

[5] vs [6]
Gathering your full strength, you pushed the appendage even deeper and took it out in an equally brutal way.
The horror lashed out again at you, stabbing you in the chest with a sturdier than usual appendage. -6HP

Using this attack to your advantage, your firmly grabbed the limb piercing you and rammed the creature, finally using it as a lever to lift it and flip it over, slamming it to the ground.

A dense ink like liquid spurted out of its wound, and it started being very agitated.

+1HP

You felt like you could finish it now.

Enemy :
-1 Thorn horror [Stabbed deeply] [On the ground] [Critically wounded]

Spoiler: Nox's Status (click to show/hide)

The Psychic Forest Spider and Roeway the Raging Blood Hound
I engage in a friendly conversation with the horned humanoids as a distraction while i telepathically tell the wolf to take the northward path to escape.
((how do i do green text?))
What?

Must have been the new arrival demons dont have the power to mindtalk 'that I know of'

Deciding that things couldn't get any worse run northward grab the spider before I run

Psychic Forest Spider: [3]
You start discussing with the horned humanoids, but they barely acknowledge your presence, ignoring you at best.
You still send the telepathic message to the wolf, who seems to understand and trust you.

Roeway: [1]
An hesitation prevents you from running straight for the escape route. The spider, where is the spider? You look around the dense foliage of the forest, looking for your savior.... But the demons in your front won't wait for you to make a move.

Demons: [6, 2, 4]
The first to attack lets out a powerful damaging scream that echoes through the forest... Your consciousness slips for an instant due to the pain.-3HP
The second ends up disturbed by its ally's move, and don't attempt anything yet.
The third lashes its whip-like tail at you, striking you in the sides. -3HP

[The pursuing demons will arrive during next turn]

Psychic Forest Spider:
The demon's scream affects you too, flooding your mind with pain. -4hp

Hostiles:
-3 Demons (front)
-Undetermined number of pursuing demons

Spoiler: The Spider's Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roeway's Status (click to show/hide)

Theta the Wolf
Theta looks around for easier prey.

[1] Looking around for an easy meal, you inadvertently step upon a finely hidden webbed ground... As soon as you break the thin web, you sense a vibration in the air and a large shadow looming above you.

Before you can react, a massive arachnid with a human face clutch you in its deadly fangs. -4HP

Spoiler: Theta Status (click to show/hide)

One-of-the-many Arthropedes
((By the way, my status has messed up bbc code. As does The Psychic Forest Spider's status.))

Have I changed then? Is this how one stops being one-of-the-many and starts becoming one-of-the-known? If it is, then I must be prepared.

Slither towards edge of known territory, scouting for safe spots, new hunting grounds, places to escape, and so on.
((Thanks for the notice, I forgot [zero] led to funky results))

[2] As you meander toward the edge of known territory, you notice that much changed. It seems some creatures expanded their hunting grounds, changing most of your knowledge of the place. You feel in a position of weakness in there, as if you could get ambushed at any moment. Wherever you go, your sense of danger doesn't wane.

You are sure of it, something has been tailing you for a while.

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
"They may be scary, but they are quite reasonable."

Lead Vanare around the Library and assist in her search for knowledge.

"As expected of guardians of the past. I can understand this over-protectiveness over knowledge, knowledge is power after all."

You nod, and lead her around the Library, specifically toward the place where historical records are kept. Her face remains stoic and serious, but you can imagine this is but a front to hide her excitation. The situation is pretty surreal after all, and any excessive reaction would be understandable.

You first went to an Etherlink Table, and activated it.

Vanare knowledge: [6]
"What a relief... the language is the same as the one I studied. I can read it. Though I'm afraid my imperfect knowledge would lead to me misunderstanding some words, please correct me if I make mistakes."

There was so much to learn. So very much.

As you browsed through the massive flow of information, the fordanian archivist's kept muttering "amazing" and "I can't believe it". Her gaze seemed absorbed, or rather dragged into this infinite well of knowledge.

How many hours passed, you do not know. It was as if time flowed differently here, and you did wonder if it was the case. At first Vanare was so very surprised she couldn't believe any of what she read. Then as the past's truths began taking form, she started becoming very solemn.
"The era of the Ancients was incredible. Reading their history feels like learning of the myths of godlike beings, except these are not myths, but facts... What happened for us to lose all this wiseness and knowledge..."

She sighed and laughed half-heartedly.
"I feel like a fool child learning of its parents feats. Please, give me a minute as I process everything."

For now you only showed her of the history of the old civilization, but not of its fall. You learnt a bit about Fordania and its neighboring while helping Vanare uncover the past of Levem.

Fordanian lore:
Fordania, a country ruled by three Kings. One of the oldest human countries, Vanare suggested that many secrets were hidden from the world. Fordania definitely knew more to what was currently happening than what one would expect.

It was allied with two other kingdoms: Ashafan and Vol. Vol lied to the West, while Ashafan to the North-East.
Fordania's capital was Lagus, located in the center of the country. Coincidentally, you noticed that a city of the old world with the same name was located at the exact same place...

You asked about religion at some point. There existed cults for many gods, but anyone with a decent level of education knew these were no religions, but just some sort of pacts between humans and the deities. As such, it was a rather strange system. People prayed to deities the elite knew were false. Maybe the lack of fervent faith in Fordania was linked to the knowledge that their gods were false.

She mentioned the Tymarch Theocracy far in the West while discussing the matter.

(...)

While Vanare rested, you wondered what would you do of your future after helping her uncover the past.
The Octahedron Sentinel inquired about your well-being.
"Is everything alright sir Fuilsgiath?"

Ally :
Vanaremalia De Veraide, Fordania Great Library's High Archivist

Others:
-Levemite Sentinel "4"
-Levemite Sentinel "8"

Spoiler: Caedan's Status (click to show/hide)

Gray the Unstable Prismetal Blaster
"Works for me. You can have the corpses. I just need to save my friend first."

"Kokaun, Barag, let's go. The rodents will let us leave. Help me get Brown out of here. No blob left behind."

All my parts should finish off the Miraglions they are inside, then rejoin me so we can leave. Especially the part in the one attacking Brown. If my parts don't finish the job, kill the one attacking Brown, then call my parts back amd leave with the group. Help Brown leave if necessary.

Gray: [5]
Part: [3, 2]
Miraglion: [6]
Brown: [5]

The blob inside the attacking Miraglion resumed digesting, wounding the beast. Seeing it was not enough, you moved toward it and engulfed it, killing and digesting it with your powers fully in effect. +2 Essence

Brown was safe, and sealed its wound. You recovered the part close to you, but the other which was inside a corpse was too far, and it seemed unwise to waste too much time here.

Kokaun relayed the information to the human Barag, who grunted and ran back to your side. He then promptly finished off the collapsed Miraglion. +2 Essence (Kokaun)

Situation: [6]
You quickly left, feeling a hidden hostility under the rodents apparent passive behavior. Even as you distanced from the battlefield and left them to scavenge the corpses, you could still feel threatened by their presences.

Getting away from them would be for the best, the word of betrayers could not be trusted.

(...)
"Thanks Gray, you saved me there. You were so amazing."

Kokaun and Barag were discussing of something in human speech. You were too focused on Brown to pay attention.

Enemies:
-6 rodent-like monsters (back)

Allies:
-Barag, Muscular Human Cut and Bruises all over Side melted / Skin melted / Medicine applied
> Great Spear
-Kokaun, Golden Radasar Wounds opening / Wounded / Scales melted [4Ess]

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

T946 the Security Bot
I Think that you should have be able to access your true body and therefore I am to find the key for you

Go to the Epsilon controlled area and try find the key

"You have my eternal gratitude. I can't bear being imprisoned in this cage of steel anymore."

Before you left the room, a map of the facility was uploaded in your memory.

[5] You proceeded toward the facility's area controlled by Epsilon, guided by Alpha who used a Guard Golem to show you the way.
It was a much deeper level, and the traces of battle were fewer than in the higher levels. The Guard Golem finally stopped as you arrived in a corridor filled with broken Guard Golems.

"This is where you start proceeding alone. I have initiated a skirmish in another level to keep Alpha's attention focused elsewhere."

You made an advance in the ruined corridor. You knew exactly where to go, and carefully avoided any encounter with a construct that could give away your position.

Finally you reached the sealed door behind which lied the key to freeing Alpha. It was a long metallic prism according to Alpha.

Now, how to open this door...

Spoiler: T946's Status (click to show/hide)

Gorra the Lich
look around for dead animals/humans/monsters? (I've 100% forgotten what was going on, and am going in the most basic direction I can.)
((You were in front of a derelict tower, which you couldn't enter due to your huge body))

[2] Unfortunately, there was nothing at all in the surroundings. No trace of any living, or unliving being.

Spoiler: Gorra's Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas the Horned Demon
Ulkas chuckled mirthfully after analyzing information he got from tortured villagers:

"Marvelous, simply marvelous... Now that we know the layout of human lands, it would be much easier to plan our assaults!"

He spent a few moments contemplating before turning to Astrosa and sharing his observations:

For now, its best to avoid going west, as both human reinforcements and great plaines lie this way. Eastarm is too defended for our current abilities, bit villages to the north of it appeal much more to me - forested region with some hills can provide cover between attacks and humans are lax due to closeness of their fortress... Twin villages near sea coast seem well-defended, but promising for the future. Would you like to go sight-seeing there after we finish raising villages to the north, my Queen?"

If Astrosa does not mind, raize Ebevine, Falica and Brim to the ground. Beware of human reinforcements, though - we might have to stop our raids prematurely.

"You are not worried over the proximity of this human city? Though I guess that if we raided hard and fast like we did until then, they shouldn't have time to send in too much reinforcements... And as you said, their complacency could be their undoing. Great, let's go with that."

Your first target was Ebevine. It was located in a vale, right next to a small river.

Eyes of the Mighty: [2]
Unsurprisingly, no strong being lived there at first glance. If everything went like last raid, it would be over in a flash.

Attack: [1]
Surprisingly, the village was already in a state of alert, and the sentries were equipped with magical items to detect incoming danger. You lost the effect of surprise way before reaching the village, and they started fleeing for the woods before the assault began. Astrosa started fulminating with rage, muttering between her clenched teeth "Cursed cowards..."

Pursuing: [6]
You didn't waste time catching up with a large group, composed of soldiers and men turned militia. Astrosa unleashed her fury upon them all, brutally slaughtering all of them.

But you couldn't feel satisfaction. You quickly realized why. Men, soldiers...

They were decoys.

They sacrificed themselves for the other villagers to escape. You immediately soared into the skies, frantically looking everywhere, trying to predict where they could have hidden.

But it was too late. It was your loss.

When you returned on the ground, Astrosa stood among the horribly mutilated corpses of the humans. She stood there silently, holding a head. She threw it to you, and you caught it.

The man was smiling victoriously.

Ah... what was this disgusting, horrible feeling welling inside you? You wanted to crush this head right away, burn the village, kill all those who escaped... And you could tell from her silence that she too understood what happened.

You absorbed the essence Astrosa left for you. It was the first time absorbing essence felt so distasteful. +2Essence

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 05:56:38 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: March 25, 2017, 05:57:10 pm »

Sorry it took this long!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2035 on: March 25, 2017, 06:09:27 pm »

Squelchy happily accepts the other slime's offer to share the fruit, emitting pheromones of joy.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #2036 on: March 25, 2017, 06:45:35 pm »

...must be a doctor, forever burdening himself with examining and treating his three patients, while they themselves are all bound with an illness that will never be treated, for it has left this world as much as they have...
Softly play the..er...Song of Healing. Probably isn't magical or anything in this world, but the things it represents...well, there's both meanings applied. Seems appropriate.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:04:22 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2037 on: March 25, 2017, 07:03:28 pm »

Claw at the attacker.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2038 on: March 25, 2017, 07:32:58 pm »

Stab repeatedly in an attempt to finish off the beast. If I do kill it, turn off Night's Frenzy.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2039 on: March 25, 2017, 07:53:06 pm »

"... I was merely lost in thought."

Caedan walks up to the Etherlink Table. There's one more thing he needs to know of his past. A place he'd like to see with his own eyes. Hopefully, the information is stored in here somewhere.

Where is that mansion I remembered? Enlist the Sentinel to help if necessary. Maps would be nice too.

FAKEEDIT: Ask the Sentinel if the they have some methods of ascertaining one's ancestry or something along those lines. It'd be nice to get Ramas some answers concerning his heritage.

Once that is done, Caedan turns to Vanare.

"So, shall we continue?"

More history research should Vanaremalia be up to it. If she's not, well, time to start planning the journey home.

((Dammit, I've got a new character concept that I kinda want to use (a living weapon, which I'd like to be more of a companion to an NPC instead of a leading role), but at the same time that'd require either retiring Caedan or him dying. Which is a no-no.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 134 135 [136] 137 138 ... 146