Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 294854 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [10/10] - Now with a Google Doc ! -
« Reply #1695 on: September 03, 2016, 01:39:46 am »

Sub-Turn 69.09

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
"Really? She should not let her guard down like that..."

Ulkas signed while caclulating his next move.

"Maybe try this?.."

Implant worry while subtly interfering with hat's movements, just like I indirectly did with Chosen while fighting for control with Tinzakena.

((Three action updates a day! Happy times are upon us at last! Also, can you update status of the near-dead and dead hellwolves? Oh, and Glint status update lost his essence counter somewhere.

+ I see that you reserve a post for status updates after each sub-turn. That's quite excessive, since most relevant information (HP, MP, Status, Essence) has already moved into turns themselves. Maybe add profiles only once per main turn? I expected detailed statistics to move into Doc altogether, but it might be reasonable to keep a double here.))

((Indeed, I will just link to the previous profiles dump and eventually point changes.))

Mind Control: -4
Ulkas: [6]
Hat elder: [3]
Still lying in the shadows of the battle, you make use of your Mind Altering powers to implant worry in Astrosa's opponent. Simultaneously, you attempt to interfere with his "body mind" to disturb its movements.

You manage both successfully, seeding worry in his mind, and controlling his whole leg. You do feel an unusually strong resistance while doing so.

But first off, the worry turns into an instinctive uneasiness, driving the elder to over-analyze his surroundings and enemy, effectively increasing his sense of the fight.
Then the man spots you through your tampering which didn't go through unnoticed.

His balance thrown off by your control, the man stops his charge and take a peculiar defensive stance mid-distance from Astrosa. He is looking intently at her, but you can feel part of his gaze weighing on you.

Astrosa lands on the ground, leaving a trail on the ground. Bruised and her lance broken, she is still uneasy on her feet.
The elder with a hat is not moving an inch, probably thinking of a plan. You could see him muttering something, as if he was sending a message to someone. You would have seen the braided elder nod at this moment if you could see everything.

Bald elder: [6]
Braided elder: [5]
On the other side, the two men are still fighting with increasing violence. The bald elder charges like a reckless beast at his adversary, intending to unleash another furry of blow on him... until a large hexagon-shaped figure made of magical energy blasts him away.

The hexagon then exploded and reformed around him, forming bindings.

Astrosa screamed :
"You have been spotted, watch out ! They seem full of surprise !"

Enemies :
-Bald elder: Berserk / Magically Wounded
> Bound
-Braided elder: Stunned / Wounded / Feared
> magical hexagon spell used
-Hat elder: "Critically Wounded ?" / Apparently Strengthened / Awareness Increased

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

The Unnamed Ettin
Explore the wasteland, then grab one of the charcoal trees and use it as a club

You descended from the cliff using a slope nearby.

Walking in this barren land made the sound of the wind feel heavy. Once you could, you grabbed at the nearest charcoal-black tree, -which lacked leaves- and pulled on it to rip it apart.

[1] You then pursued your exploration, carefully watching everywhere for some sign of life. As you looked carefully, one of your heads spotted a large figure that just appeared from behind a mount.

A scrawny yet very tall creature, so thin it seemed it was actually a skeleton with only its gray skin on it. Its two arms ended with long clawed hands, and a foul smog hovered around the monster. Upon seeing you, it roared in a way you never heard before, showing its large maw filled with razor sharp teeth the size of daggers.

A roar that screamed agony, desire to kill and cruelty.

Enemy:
-Gaunt Husk of Pestilence

Spoiler: The Ettin's Status (click to show/hide)

Roeway the Raging Blood Hound
The Power of the Blood remained within Roeway even as blood dripped away. He felt himself grow larger as the last of the blood soaked into his fur as the blood on his face starts burning. When the burning stops it leaves behind a symbol

Name: Roeway
Species: Blood Hound
Appearance: A large wolf with blood red fur and eyes. Its teeth and claws are sharper then a normal wolf and it has the glint of intelligence in its eyes. Burned into his forehead is asymbol
Attributes:
increase HP
CON +1 -Constitution : increase physical resilience-
Traits : Magic attuned (Is in tune with mana currents and can detect spells, and mages)
Blood Rage (as Blood is spilled Roeway gains power and strength (triggers on all blood no matter the source. (doesn't increase HP or constitution)))

Skills : Mana eater (this creature has a taste for magic and can devour mana of targets to heal)
Blood soaked (Bathing in blood supernaturally hardens fur forming a sort of armor)

Transformation Success Roll: [1]

The Essence you gathered began to burn, as if echoing with the pain and sorrow of yourself and your kin. The blood all over your body boiled away, leaving only a strange mark on your face.

You felt your body change and strengthen, and new powers coursing through your soul.

But suddenly, you felt a sharp burning pain all over your body. Your skin began to heat at an alarmingly fast rate, and your whole body turned red as if you were being roasted alive.
You were actually being roasted alive, you realized the source of this heat was your own blood, which was boiling inside your veins.

You screamed in pain, overwhelmed by your screaming senses. Like a blade being plunged into the fire of the forge, you strengthened from all this suffering. And you emerged anew, yet different from what you should have been.

You gain +5HP, +2MP and +1CON
You acquired the trait Boiling Blood Rage, against your will !
You acquired the skill Blood Soaked !
You are now a Raging Blood Hound

Boiling Blood Rage: as Roeway's blood is spilled, its strength and power will dramatically increase, along with its body temperature. His own blood will start to boil, and any hardened blood will turn even harder.

A plaintive howl brought you back to your senses. Wrapfur was mourning Gaverstep, and probably Iverpack who was in a dire state.

Allies:
-Hell Wolves Pack : 3 (Iverpack, Gaverstep and Wrapfur)
>Iverpack (M): Mangled beyond recognition
>Gaverstep (F): Deceased
>Wrapfur (M): Very Badly Wounded / Poisoned

Spoiler: Roeway's Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy the Slime
Continue digesting said fruit. Look adorable.

You slowly digested the fruit, enjoying the inherent sweetness of its juices. You did so in the most adorable way, but quickly it was gone, turned into nutriments. You began craving for one more and looked for a nearby fruit.

This one seemed so plump, juicy and tasty. A fruit among fruits, a gourmet such as yourself could see it with a single glance.

[1] But you spotted four other slimes approaching your fruit. These vile meal stealers wouldn't dare eating your fruit !
They are differently colored, two yellow, one red and one green.

Enemies ?
4 slimes
> Green
> Yellow #1
> Yellow #2
> Red

Spoiler: Squelchy's Status (click to show/hide)

Gorra the Lich
I Continue up Further.

You entered the stairs, walking further ahead. The sound of your step on the crumbled rock echoed in the corridor, and that was the only sound you could hear.

There was a door at the end. Pushing it, it opened in a racket. And just behind a towering figure stood...

[5] A tall and bulky skeleton of unnatural build stood there, wearing a partially complete plate armor. In its hand rested a worn great axe. Looking down on you with its mighty and unwavering red eyes, it studied you for a second.

And before you could do anything, he bowed and said :
"You finally awoke, master Gorra. This servant of yours Osuro is honored of your return among us."

Allies :
-Great Skeletal Knight, Osuro
> Worn battle axe

Spoiler: Gorra's Status (click to show/hide)

Oran the Decrepit Fountain Golem

Hmm, is this luck, or is this my own power? Best not take any chances.

Approach the door, checking for other traps to the best of my ability

[6] You carefully approached the door, checking for possible traps. Indeed you found many traces of such, and avoided these.
But you were so focused on not walking on some magical landmine that you didn't notice the something that was observing you...

You arrived in front of the door. It seemed perfectly safe to open, though you did feel a bit uneasy. You hoped for the door not to be armed or something.

You are feeling uneasy, though you don't know why.

Spoiler: Oran's Status (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
((So me and Nakeen ended up creating a whole new 'category' of magic. Fun.))

((Action will be edited in within the hour. Or two three hours, apparently.))

"All I remembered was a direction and a mansion. Then I came upon this forest. It gave me a sense of familiarity and so I decided to explore it. And seeing how there are ruins in it, it looks like I'm on the right track."

"You're curious about my blood magic, eh? Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't remember most of the theory behind it. I use it instinctively. But basically, to cast spells I have to first channel mana through my blood. And I don't necessarily have to manipulate blood with my magic. For example, I can create crystalline spikes. They're quite the sight, but I don't remember why exactly they don't need blood to be cast. Oh, and I can also use blood directly as fuel for my magic."

Teatime continues.

"How interesting... Your feeling of familiarity. Very intriguing..."

She then listened to your rough explanation of what you felt you knew about Blood Magic.
"Don't apologize, hearing the how a caster feels upon casting magic is valuable knowledge to mages. You spoke of instinct, how funny, Song Magic is also a bit instinctive for some.

Crystalline spikes ? That seems incredibly offensive as a spell, do you know why you would know such a spell ? Maybe you were a battlemagus ?"

Her cup empty, she let it rest near the teapot. She then inquired about Firande and Ramas, asking trivial questions and not pushing further upon learning they didn't have anything "special". Then she stood up and added :
"You form such a strange trio together. Not in a bad way, in a curious way.

I intend to leave for the ruins in about two hours, it should be the right time soon. I need to make some preparations, make yourself at home ! And maybe take a bath and change clothes, if you see what I mean. You can use the water in the tank at the back of the house. And don't worry about using too much, I usually refill it using magic."

She cleared the cups and teapot, then said before leaving :
"Ask me if you need anything !"

Allies :
-Vanaremalia, short Vanare. Songstress.

Spoiler: Caedan's Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 03:30:52 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: September 03, 2016, 01:40:15 am »

-reserved-

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: September 03, 2016, 01:59:21 am »

Ulkas clicked his tongue in mild irritance. And he tried to prevent elders from warning others until it was too late... Well, no plan goes well when confronted by reality. All more interesting.

"Noted."

Fly upwards, then use 'Aura of Fear' and mind-paralyze hat elder for a moment to give Astrosa another opportunity.

((Also, do monks use their mana while doing such miraculous things? If so, I'd like a portion of it, please.))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: September 03, 2016, 02:00:22 am »

((Also, do monks use their mana while doing such miraculous things? If so, I'd like a portion of it, please.))
((Good point, I totally overlooked that ! Will give you mana next turn !))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: September 03, 2016, 03:23:34 am »

Get the hell out of there! Run north!
((if i rolled a 1 it must be too strong to fight so i should better run))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: September 03, 2016, 05:29:14 am »

Roeway
(Should I still have the sore leg and half heath?)
Recovering from the very painful transformation Roeway takes stock of what had been lost joining Warpfur in his sorrow filled howls.

This continued till he noticed Iverpack twitch rushing over to his mauled packmate he tried to help drawing on the power that had helped him to save his friend

Pray and draw on the power of blood to save the life of a great warrior

(I cant exactly make it worse can I  :-\)

(Also great idea for the boiling effect you really have a great imagination)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: September 03, 2016, 06:29:38 am »

Squelchy immediately pounces upon said piece of fruit and immediately absorbs it into his body, holding it in his center while he dissolves it. He emits slight burbling noises triumphantly, leering (as best he can) at the other slimes.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: September 03, 2016, 06:51:22 am »

Squelchy immediately pounces upon said piece of fruit and immediately absorbs it into his body, holding it in his center while he dissolves it. He emits slight burbling noises triumphantly, leering (as best he can) at the other slimes.
(So in the middle of a free for all you make myself the biggest target while taunting the opposition. You are going to be the fastest death ever)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: September 03, 2016, 07:22:51 am »

Oran the Decrepit Fountain Golem

Slowly, carefully, apprehensively, open the door.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: September 03, 2016, 10:16:46 am »

"A battlemagus? Seeing how all of the spells I remember are offensive in nature, you may be right."

Once Vanare mentioned the bath, Caedan took a look at the state his clothes are in. Yep, pretty damn dirty.

Bath is good. Clean clothes are also good. Once that's done, spend some time taking a look around the place and rest until Vanare gets her preparations done.

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: September 03, 2016, 01:04:10 pm »

(So in the middle of a free for all you make myself the biggest target while taunting the opposition. You are going to be the fastest death ever)
(Tsk. That's not the fastest death ever.)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: September 03, 2016, 01:30:51 pm »

((Urg. On one hand, I don't want to split the group. On the other hand, I could be a gun kata metalloid. And maybe I could even learn meditation or something that would stabilize the elemental energies for when I evolve.))

"Do you think his master would teach us too? And maybe teach me to speak human? Also, I'm not completely sure of Glint's goals, but the place I come from used to have humans a long time ago. They all died out, so I was thinking maybe I could find some nice humans to move in and live there. In harmony. Maybe Brown and I could travel with you if that's okay, if it could help me with my goals."

Talky stuff.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: September 03, 2016, 01:39:11 pm »

((Yeah. Splitting up would be a shame, but it's looking pretty likely at this point. I guess we'd know where to find each other, though.))

"All right, then, we have our decision."

Glint walks over to the pair and gives them a nod.

"Now, I say this with all due respect, but the three of us won't be traveling with you. One of our number has had horrible experiences with Kokaun's kind, and while I don't hold him personally responsible, we simply cannot bring him into our group."

"The blobs will make their own decision, of course. Should they decide to join you, as I suspect they will, see to it that they come to no harm."
« Reply #1708 on: September 03, 2016, 03:16:54 pm »

Carefully explore some more since I do not want to be ambushed

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: September 03, 2016, 03:29:56 pm »

Roeway
(Should I still have the sore leg and half heath?)
Recovering from the very painful transformation Roeway takes stock of what had been lost joining Warpfur in his sorrow filled howls.

This continued till he noticed Iverpack twitch rushing over to his mauled packmate he tried to help drawing on the power that had helped him to save his friend

Pray and draw on the power of blood to save the life of a great warrior

(I cant exactly make it worse can I  :-\)

(Also great idea for the boiling effect you really have a great imagination)
(My mistake ! You have fully recovered, my bad ! It's corrected)
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 146