Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 294827 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [10/10] - Now with a Google Doc ! -
« Reply #1710 on: September 04, 2016, 09:08:34 pm »

Next turn later tonight. Was busy working on this, hehe :
Shameless promotion

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: September 04, 2016, 09:13:24 pm »

"Come Along, There is bound to be an Exit somewhere around here."
I Head back to the First Chamber and Head out another Exit.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: September 05, 2016, 01:59:48 am »

Turn 70:
DAY -Noon-

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
Ulkas clicked his tongue in mild irritance. And he tried to prevent elders from warning others until it was too late... Well, no plan goes well when confronted by reality. All more interesting.

"Noted."

Fly upwards, then use 'Aura of Fear' and mind-paralyze hat elder for a moment to give Astrosa another opportunity.

((Also, do monks use their mana while doing such miraculous things? If so, I'd like a portion of it, please.))

Outside Mana Expenditure Absorption
With all the mana expelled in the air due to the spells cast by the humans, your skill activated and absorbed a portion of it for yourself.
Despite you being far from the center of action, the quantity of mana in the air was high enough for you to be able to absorb some of it.
+6 MP

Aura of Fear : [2] Free
Mind Control : [3] -4 MP
Flying upward, you revealed yourself to the irritating elder. As soon as he gazed upon you, you activated your Aura of Fear and simultaneously attempted to paralyze him with your powers.

But the man didn't even bat an eye, nor broke his cool despite the pressure of your form on his mind. Your paralysis still went through, but not on a huge scale : his movements ended up slowed, and he could feel a mild numbness in his limbs.

This was enough for Astrosa to understand your intent. She smiled wickedly, and charged at the elder claws in the open.
"DIIIIIE !!!"
Astrosa: [1]
Hat Elder: [6]
Even as Astrosa was coming at full speed toward him, the old man stood unmoving, fixing the demoness straight into the eyes. With unwavering confidence, he maintained his stance.

Astrosa was about to cleave the man from above with her long sharp claws, when suddenly you lost your control over the man's body for a second. It felt as if an incredible force suddenly made you release your hold.

And in that split second, the elder moved faster than the wind, deflecting the incoming arm and counter-attacking with blinding speed. A flurry of blows on many parts of Astrosa's body, so powerful she could feel her powerful bones break. Finishing with a powerful kick, he sent her flying on the side, where she slammed on the ground silently.

Everything happened so fast she didn't have the time to scream.

And once this split second was gone, you recovered control. Full control. The elder's body refused to move, and he seemed completely worn out. And his wound seemed to reopen, as his shirt slowly turned even redder than before around the wound.
Outside Mana Expenditure Absorption : +3

Bald elder: [1]
Berserk resistance: [3]
The bald elder, bound by the mystical attack, attempted in vain to break free. And forced to settle for a moment, he began to recover his sanity, realizing the situation was off. Confused, he didn't know what to do immediately.

The braided elder jumped forward, grabbing the bound man. Then he ran away with his load, bitting his lips.
He shouted high and strong :
"Don't you dare die Banel !"

Banel, the man with a hat, didn't answer. He couldn't.

Enemies :
-Bald elder: Confused / Magically Wounded
> Bound
-Braided elder: Wounded / Feared
> magical hexagon spell used
-Banel, Hat elder: "Critically Wounded" / Apparently Strengthened / Awareness Increased / Exhausted / Paralyzed

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

The Unnamed Ettin
Get the hell out of there! Run north!
((if i rolled a 1 it must be too strong to fight so i should better run))

Just looking at this being made your instinct scream to get away. And as you had two heads, the feeling felt doubly strong.
You ran away toward the north, but the creature followed you.

Gaunt Husk: [5]
Ettin RTD: [4]
The husk was actually incredibly fast despite its scrawny appearance, dreadfully fast.
But thankfully you were really fast too, and with a distance advantage you managed to prevent it from closing the distance.

Well, not for long. With each seconds of running, the creature and his roars came closer.

Further north, you spotted a river flowing perpendicularly to your trajectory. There are many black trunks and boulders as tall as you behind it.
Apart from the monster pursuing you, there doesn't seem to be any other presence around.

Enemy:
-Gaunt Husk of Pestilence

Spoiler: The Ettin's Status (click to show/hide)

Roeway the Raging Blood Hound
Roeway
(Should I still have the sore leg and half heath?)
Recovering from the very painful transformation Roeway takes stock of what had been lost joining Warpfur in his sorrow filled howls.

This continued till he noticed Iverpack twitch rushing over to his mauled packmate he tried to help drawing on the power that had helped him to save his friend

Pray and draw on the power of blood to save the life of a great warrior

(I cant exactly make it worse can I  :-\)

(Also great idea for the boiling effect you really have a great imagination)

[5] In the face of despair, even beasts will pray. You prayed to the mysterious power that made you change, praying for a nameless blood god.

There was no apparent answer. Iverpack's life still slowly sipped away.

Until suddenly a huge mass of webs came crashing from the ceiling just near Iverpack. The silk turned red-brown, as if something fleshy got crushed inside...

Then you saw them. The golden threads. Escaping slowly from the unrecognizable mass, as if searching for something...
They went straight for Iverpack, and he started to glow.

He let out a howl of rebirth, as the pain pulled his mind back into consciousness. He let out a howl, as his body changed and increased in size. Finally he stood up, changed.

A red and black wolf with a fiery fur stood before you, filled with strength.
"What...happened ?.." he said with a confused tone.

You didn't really know, but you thanked the mysterious gods from the bottom of your heart.
"Roeway.. Wrapfur.. where is Gaverstep ?"

"She is gone." answered Wrapfur with a somber voice.
Walking toward the lifeless corpse of Gaverstep, he howled, tears flowing across his face. Wrapfur followed suit, and the wolves plaintive farewell echoed in the caverns.

Allies:
-Hell Wolves Pack : 2 (Iverpack and Wrapfur)
>Iverpack the Blackflame Wolf(M): Okay
>Wrapfur the Hell Wolf(M): Very Badly Wounded / Poisoned

Spoiler: Roeway's Status (click to show/hide)

Squelchy the Slime
Squelchy immediately pounces upon said piece of fruit and immediately absorbs it into his body, holding it in his center while he dissolves it. He emits slight burbling noises triumphantly, leering (as best he can) at the other slimes.

Fruit Royale: only one can be a gourmet.

[3] Using Pounce, you launch yourself at the fruit, taking all the slimes by surprise. Absorbing it into your body, you start dragging it into your center...

...until you suddenly realize the red slime is just next to you ! Your leer at it, and it leers back angrily.

With an aggressive motion, it launches its slimy body into you.

A very uncomfortable sensation, as the red slime starts violating your structural integrity without consent to get ahold of your fruit.

The three other slimes blurb menacingly, and approach toward both of you.
Green is the closest, while the Yellows are closer to Red.

Enemies ?
4 slimes
> Green
> Yellow #1
> Yellow #2
> Red

Spoiler: Squelchy's Status (click to show/hide)

Oran the Decrepit Fountain Golem

Slowly, carefully, apprehensively, open the door.
[5] With utmost care, you pushed the door. It made almost no sound, careful as you were.

There was an unique immense room beyond, that made the whole size of the basement. Slowly, you analyzed the surroundings.
The ceiling was covered with beautiful paintings, depicting a scene so majestic and eerie you felt a sense of wonder looking at it. There were also many mysterious rune-like symbols in the paintings.

It was like a mystic starry sky from another word, with all the colors of the rainbow melded in an harmonious way. There were also two suns, one yellow as the one in the real sky, while the other was blue like the azure sky.

You suddenly stopped, as something felt abnormal in your field of view.

There was a distortion just in front of you, like a mirage. Taking a rock, you threw it on the distortion and it broke, revealing two humanoid figures.

Humans, cloaked in long robes and carrying a lot of traveling gear.

One of them, unconscious, seemed injured. The other had already begun to aim his hand toward you, and magic energy gathered in it.

Spoiler: Oran's Status (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
"A battlemagus? Seeing how all of the spells I remember are offensive in nature, you may be right."

Once Vanare mentioned the bath, Caedan took a look at the state his clothes are in. Yep, pretty damn dirty.

Bath is good. Clean clothes are also good. Once that's done, spend some time taking a look around the place and rest until Vanare gets her preparations done.

[4] Bathing... how long since you had a proper bath ? The cold water flowed along your bloody and dirty body washing away your bodily impurities. You then took a scoop of some gel in a bowl. It smelt flowery and nice.

You could understand where Vanare's scent came from now.

You then finally exited the bath, feeling renewed. Somehow, being all clean made you feel extremely civilized, and somehow closer from the image of yourself you had in your strange reminiscences.

You spent a moment in some cloak and towel, waiting for your clothes to dry. Firande took care of everyone's clothes, and she just finished drying them. Still in your towel and cloak, you looked around in the meantime, making sure not to disturb Vanare who was closed off in a room, probably her office.

The house itself was made of wood, and all the furniture within seemed to have been carved from the same wood. There were a lot of flowers and colorful cushions and sheet all around. It gave off a very home-like feeling, it was soothing.

[2] In another piece was stored lot of strange artifacts. From trinkets to idols to strange devices, there were many curious things there. None of these felt familiar, sadly. None seemed to react to you either.

Eventually your clothes dried up, and you put them on eagerly. Looking at your reflection in a mirror, you couldn't help but notice how gallant you looked. One could mistake you for a nobleman with that look.

As you took a stroll around outside, your host called out for everyone as she was done.

Everyone gathered at the entrance, all clean and emanating a nice scent for once. Firande and Ramas seemed much more good looking and less peasant-like with their hairs and faces all clean. They were also carrying bags filled with material.
"Are you all ready to depart ?"

Allies :
-Vanaremalia, short Vanare. Songstress.

Spoiler: Caedan's Status (click to show/hide)

Glint the True Arcanivore and Gray the Metalslinger
((Urg. On one hand, I don't want to split the group. On the other hand, I could be a gun kata metalloid. And maybe I could even learn meditation or something that would stabilize the elemental energies for when I evolve.))

"Do you think his master would teach us too? And maybe teach me to speak human? Also, I'm not completely sure of Glint's goals, but the place I come from used to have humans a long time ago. They all died out, so I was thinking maybe I could find some nice humans to move in and live there. In harmony. Maybe Brown and I could travel with you if that's okay, if it could help me with my goals."

Talky stuff.
((Yeah. Splitting up would be a shame, but it's looking pretty likely at this point. I guess we'd know where to find each other, though.))

"All right, then, we have our decision."

Glint walks over to the pair and gives them a nod.

"Now, I say this with all due respect, but the three of us won't be traveling with you. One of our number has had horrible experiences with Kokaun's kind, and while I don't hold him personally responsible, we simply cannot bring him into our group."

"The blobs will make their own decision, of course. Should they decide to join you, as I suspect they will, see to it that they come to no harm."

Kokaun answered to Gray :
"Barag said his master is different from most humans, in that he sees monsters differently from the other humans. He also said his master created a martial art by studying monsters."

Vagush intervened with an acerbic tone :
"And you believe this human ? You never saw this master of his."

"Where my trust goes is not your problem, Scarablade."

Vagush made another "kss" sound, and didn't say anything else. Kokaun exchanged words with Barag, then turned toward Gray :
"Barag doesn't mind, he thinks his master would be interested in both of you. Take that as a yes."

Everyone nodded once Glint announced his group decision. Surprisingly, Vagush intervened again, struck with an idea :
"I have an idea if we want to find each other again. Glint, give a shard of your body to Gray, you should be able to find it back through scent to some extent. As of Gray, you can sever a part of you and give it to Glint. I believe you blobs have some sort of connection through your body ? It would give you a rough idea of where we are."

Barag and Kokaun moved a bit further, waiting for you all to make your final farewell, and ready to leave.

Neutral:
-Barag, Muscular Human
> Great Spear
-Kokaun, Golden Radasar

Spoiler: Glint Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

T946 the Security Bot
Carefully explore some more since I do not want to be ambushed

Still with this uneasiness floating around you, you turned back and explored some more the places you haven't been to.
So you headed for the door opposite to the one you just took.

[5] Lady luck shone on you, as you entered in a room filled with scrolls, book and information storage artifacts. It was probably the room where blueprints, experiment logs and more were gathered.

It was wider than the previous room, and you could count more than 20 rows of the aforementioned stuff. The only notable piece of furniture was a table made of some transparent and bluish material.

You still had this feeling of being watched.

Recovery :
+4MP
+1HP

Spoiler: T946's Status (click to show/hide)

Gorra the Lich
"Come Along, There is bound to be an Exit somewhere around here."
I Head back to the First Chamber and Head out another Exit.

"Yes Master Gorra."

You walked back to the chamber you started in. To change, you took the opposite stair and walked in, accompanied by Osuro.

[6] You could feel the fresh air of the outside as you took this path. Progressing further through several empty and ruined rooms, you eventually saw the bright light of the sun trying to pry into the underground structure.

"Wait Mast..."
A bit too eagerly, you rushed for the exit before Osuro could finish his sentence.

Finally outside, you opened your arms to the sky. But a huge hand shadow blocked the sun all of a sudden.

Osuro jumped and pushed you out of the way, as a Cyclops hand swept the place where you just stood. Just above the entrance you exited, a Cyclops stood and watched you with his unique eye.

Enemy :
-Cyclops

Allies :
-Great Skeletal Knight, Osuro
> Worn battle axe

Spoiler: Gorra's Status (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: September 05, 2016, 02:01:09 am »

Turn 70 annex
Monsters :

Spoiler: Dahak the Fear Lord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metalslinger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nox the Vampire Bat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Unnamed Ettin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gorra the Lich (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Squelchy the Slime (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [14?/?] - Turn 70
« Reply #1714 on: September 05, 2016, 02:10:20 am »

(Also, we have had around 130~ turns. Woo !)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [14?/?] - Now with a Google Doc ! -
« Reply #1715 on: September 05, 2016, 02:15:36 am »

Join in the sorrow howls. When the others have finished howling

During the fight I asked for power from blood and I was assisted by a presence. It is what allowed me to finally kill the damn spider as well as transform me and I think it saved your life Iverpack. I just wish it could have saved Gaverstep.

Eat some of the spiders then get Wrapfur to rest while Iverpack and I keep guard.

(After rolls like that I think its time to start a religion)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: September 05, 2016, 03:29:21 am »

Ulkas paused for a moment, failing to comprehend what has happened right before his eyes. And then, black rage raised from the very depths of his evil soul to flood his consciousness. These human wretches... How dare they struggle! How dare they fight back! How dare they wound Astrosa... How dare they!!!

"Huuumans! You are so... DEAD."

Tear Banel throat out with my claws, followed by tail strike for a good measure. Using unstable state of two other elders, control them simultaneously and make them execute each other.

((I wanted to tease Astrosa before this turn on struggling so long with a human... Now, I'm in dire need of human blood and to see if I'd fare better.))
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 03:44:55 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: September 05, 2016, 04:05:45 am »

Ulkas paused for a moment, failing to comprehend what has happened right before his eyes. And then, black rage raised from the very depths of his evil soul to flood his consciousness. These human wretches... How dare they struggle! How dare they fight back! How dare they wound Astrosa... How dare they!!!

"Huuumans! You are so... DEAD."

Tear Banel throat out with my claws, followed by tail strike for a good measure. Using unstable state of two other elders, control them simultaneously and make them execute each other.

((I wanted to tease Astrosa before this turn on struggling so long with a human... Now, I'm in dire need of human blood and to see if I'd fare better.))
((If we both live long enough would you consider joining the church of blood? You seem to want to spill some right now))
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: September 05, 2016, 04:34:38 am »

((If we both live long enough would you consider joining the church of blood? You seem to want to spill some right now))
((Well, maybe? I'd need some sort of unifying religion when I stand on top of demonic society, after all. But you'll need to raise to the title of grand priest in the meantime  :P ))
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: September 05, 2016, 04:38:48 am »

((Well, maybe? I'd need some sort of unifying religion when I stand on top of demonic society, after all. But you'll need to raise to the title of grand priest in the meantime  :P ))
(( Well I start at prophet level  :P. Now I just need to make the religion.))
My Sig

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: September 05, 2016, 08:26:27 am »

"Of course. Let us go."

To the ruins!
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: September 05, 2016, 08:38:07 am »

Squelchy pushes into the red slime, but instead of pushing with his whole body, he applies all the force in his body to one point of contact. He hopes to burst the either slime's membrane. If he fails, he pounces away.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: September 05, 2016, 09:06:48 am »

Get ready to fight with the monster, use both hands to wield my club and prepare to Charge it when it gets near me
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: September 05, 2016, 10:11:57 am »

Oran the Decrepit Fountain Golem

Oran takes a slight step back,

Humans, I suppose I should feel happy to meet two of the species that I assume created me, however it seems you are not as thrilled of my presence, and one of you, injured.

Back towards the door, if they see a lack of willingness to fight, they may at least not attack.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 10:18:46 am by Failbird105 »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: September 05, 2016, 09:15:20 pm »

"Come here and fight Coward, or are you afraid I'll take out your eye?!"
I prepare to bash it's hands the next time it swings at me.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 146