Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 294853 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [10/10] - Now with a Google Doc ! -
« Reply #1665 on: September 02, 2016, 12:10:52 am »

Glint turns to Vagush.

"Indeed they are, and I'm certainly not going to trust or help them blindly. On the other hand, it isn't really possible to fairly judge an individual by the actions of their species, and so I'm not about to start a fight, either."

"In my mind, that leaves us with two options. We could go our separate ways, quite possibly splitting up with Grey as well, or we could very carefully travel with them. Sleeping in separate camps, careful watches, the works. Eventually they either prove themselves trustworthy or betray us, and in the latter case, we'll be prepared and we'll have strength in numbers."

"That's obviously a choice we're going to have to make quickly. My biggest worry in leaving is that we'll leave Grey and Brown unprotected if worst comes to worst, and I certainly don't want to bring harm to either of you, or for that matter, traumatize Tirim by staying. "

"So, having gotten that out of the way, what are your thoughts? You too, Tirim. You probably have more reason to be involved in this as anyone, considering, well..."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: September 02, 2016, 01:22:38 am »

Ulkas chuckled in amasement. Emotions! Magnificent! He could direct most beings simply by giving them right emotions! No more mind-controlling pests and wasting his whole potential thinking for them, getting a monstrous headache. Just a simple emotion - in appropriate situation! Brilliant! He must study the possibilities. Study them right now.

Induce fear into the braded elder, calculating the dose so as not to make him panic and run for his dear life, but to feel hopeless and weakened.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: September 02, 2016, 05:32:37 am »

Sub-Turn 69.08

Glint the True Arcanivore and Gray the Metalslinger
"Not to mention that close call we had with that big Radasars and his group earlier. We have bad experience with Radasars. So where are you headed, Kokaun?"

Talky stuff
Glint turns to Vagush.

"Indeed they are, and I'm certainly not going to trust or help them blindly. On the other hand, it isn't really possible to fairly judge an individual by the actions of their species, and so I'm not about to start a fight, either."

"In my mind, that leaves us with two options. We could go our separate ways, quite possibly splitting up with Grey as well, or we could very carefully travel with them. Sleeping in separate camps, careful watches, the works. Eventually they either prove themselves trustworthy or betray us, and in the latter case, we'll be prepared and we'll have strength in numbers."

"That's obviously a choice we're going to have to make quickly. My biggest worry in leaving is that we'll leave Grey and Brown unprotected if worst comes to worst, and I certainly don't want to bring harm to either of you, or for that matter, traumatize Tirim by staying. "

"So, having gotten that out of the way, what are your thoughts? You too, Tirim. You probably have more reason to be involved in this as anyone, considering, well..."

Kokaun lowers his head, seemingly out of shame, when he hear of your recent... encounter with Radasars.
"I reckon that one belonged to those we call the "Supers". If you survived, you are either really strong or really lucky. They are never sent if there isn't something important at stakes..."

He made an annoyed snapping sound with his tongue. Then he raised his head when he heard your question :
"This is... well how should I put it. Barag is bringing me to his human master, with whom I intend to... how should I put it, become stronger. I wish to learn martial arts and better myself.

What about you ? Your group is pretty incongruous, not that I am well placed to say that."

Just as he spoke of learning with a human, Brown excitedly said to Gray
"That's crazy ! And I thought you were the only odd monster in the world Gray !"

At the same time Glint confided into Vagush.
"Kss, you are right. Individuals are not representative of species, and it seems to be becoming a trend recently. So many odd individuals everywhere.

Kss-kss, it feels like making a risky gamble. If you were right about this one's righteousness, we could gain a lot. But if you were wrong, it could spell the doom of our group. Guh, yet in the end, we stuck together and survived incredible odds by staying together. I will bet on that, on our force as a group."

Then they both looked at Tirim. He couldn't even look at the Radasar, and speaking with one so close felt like a tremendous effort to him :
"I'm scared of it. I don't want to be close to it..."

Vagush added :
"Hmpf, guess that settles this group-splitting problem. And worse case, if something bad were to happen, the two blobs should be able to hold their own long enough."

They spoke low enough for Kokaun not to be able to hear them, though he could understand what they meant judging from the atmosphere.

Neutral:
-Barag, Muscular Human
> Great Spear
-Kokaun, Golden Radasar

Spoiler: Glint Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

Roeway the Hell Wolf
The Gods demand more blood KILL THE SPIDER

Weaver#2: [5]
Iverpack: [1]
Enraged by the pain, the Weaver charged Iverpack straight on the wall, violently crushing him on the rocky surface. The Hell Wolf howled in pain, and couldn't even catch its breath as the Weaver relentlessly pursued its assault.
It latched on its body with its powerful fangs, and slammed it again and again on the rock, pulverizing its internal organs and spewing blood and flesh everywhere.

Before you could react, Iverpack was in such an horrible state that he was unrecognizable.

Roeway: [5]
Rage brews rage, and rage sometime brings out strength. A wild fury animated you, as you called forth the name of some obscure divinity. Fast like a lightning bolt, you rushed straight toward the Weaver, running as if your leg was healed.

You slammed into the arachnid, making it drop the mangled Iverpack. Then biting it on the back, you summoned all your strength to shake it around as brutally as possible. Chitin got torn off, flesh shredded, and you didn't stop even when the Weaver was actually long dead.

The other followed suit, as the blood loss took its effect.
+2 Essence

Wrapfur: [5]
Iverpack: [3]
Wrapfur managed to tear off the webs, finally being able to breath again.
Iverpack remained partially conscious, probably because of the pain screaming across his body.

As for Gaverstep, she died before the Weaver.
+1 Essence / You can transform to Stage 1

Enemies:
-Invisible Cave Weavers [2]
Weaver#1: Deceased
Weaver#2: Deceased

Allies:
-Hell Wolves Pack : 3 (Iverpack, Gaverstep and Wrapfur)
>Iverpack (M): Mangled beyond recognition
>Gaverstep (F): Deceased
>Wrapfur (M): Very Badly Wounded / Poisoned

Spoiler: Roeway's Status (click to show/hide)

Gorra the Lich
groan... I Might as well head north...

[5] You reached a small room with a pedestal in the center. On it was placed a staff carved out of a single huge bone, with an amethyst-like jewel encrusted on its tip.
This relic felt oddly familiar, though your hazy memory couldn't make anything surface.

Touching it, you felt a connection with necromancy and unlife energy.
+Bone Staff with Amethyst obtained

There is a stair going further ahead.

Spoiler: Gorra's Status (click to show/hide)

T946 the Security Bot
Put the location of the constructs to memory and explore further

Noting the location of these constructs somewhere in your memory, you started investigating other rooms. You chose a door at random.

[1] You felt uncomfortably surprised. In the bright corridor ahead, many human skeletons and remains of Guard Golems and other Protector-class constructs were littering the ground. Ahead was another door, and you felt like you were being watched.

And when you turned back, you realized the Crustiliacs weren't there anymore.

Apart from this, there was no noise, nor any vibration...

Spoiler: T946's Status (click to show/hide)

Oran the Decrepit Fountain Golem

Well, I suppose I may as well learn more.

Examine the tower closer

[4] As you approached the tower, a sudden feeling of danger made you stop mid step. Deciding to believe in your instinct, you didn't move forward. You analyzed the surroundings, but found nothing odd apart from the tower itself.

As such you made a step forward.

Suddenly a bright light started shining from under your feet, and many strange symbols arranged in a circle appeared on the ground. You braced yourself for whatever was going to happen... and it fizzled out. Probably out of malfunction or something ? Anyway you felt relieved.

It was a magic trap, that thankfully failed to activate.

Spoiler: Oran's Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
Ulkas chuckled in amasement. Emotions! Magnificent! He could direct most beings simply by giving them right emotions! No more mind-controlling pests and wasting his whole potential thinking for them, getting a monstrous headache. Just a simple emotion - in appropriate situation! Brilliant! He must study the possibilities. Study them right now.

Induce fear into the braded elder, calculating the dose so as not to make him panic and run for his dear life, but to feel hopeless and weakened.

Mind Control: -4MP
[4] Using your newfound realization, you implanted an emotion in the braided elder's mind. Fear.
It worked perfectly, as the whole situation was already making him panic out of stress. Shaken to the core by despair and incomprehension, his guard dropped a lot, opening him to the raging elder attacks.

Bald: [3]
Braided: [2]
With a vicious roundhouse kick, the bald elder sent the other flying and crashing on a nearby boulder. The braided elder screamed the name of his friend as pain coursed through his body.

Astrosa: [1]
Hat: [5]
The situation on Astrosa's side was unusual. The old man should have been done for, but...

For some reason the man was still standing, and Astrosa seemed to struggle to take her lance out. You squirted to see better : with his left hand he was holding on the crimson lance, while his right hand was resting on his wound.

Suddenly the lance tip broke, and the old man made a half turn on himself, facing Astrosa. Before she could react he shouted with a strong voice, and a wave of invisible energy pushed Astrosa with incredible force. Staggered, she lost her ground and was sent a good distance away.

Then the old man took the lance tip out but no blood came out. You don't know what he did, but you were certain some technique or spell was at hand.

The situation was suddenly reversed, as the old man was already readying himself to chain another counterattack on the still flying Astrosa.

Enemies :
-Bald elder: Berserk
-Braided elder: Stunned / Wounded / Feared
-Hat elder: "Critically Wounded ?" / Apparently Strengthened

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

Reminder to Newcomers

A'a'ftu'ung shung the Living Spawn (Ragenaut), Nox the Vampire Bat (Legendary Marksdorf) and Greg the Healing Elemental (ATHATH) were added in turn 69.06.

The Unnamed Ettin (randomgenericusername) was added in turn 69.07

Squelchy the Slime (Coolrune206) was added right before this turn.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 01:00:47 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: September 02, 2016, 05:33:12 am »

-reserved-

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: September 02, 2016, 06:30:09 am »

"Really? She should not let her guard down like that..."

Ulkas signed while caclulating his next move.

"Maybe try this?.."

Implant worry while subtly interfering with hat's movements, just like I indirectly did with Chosen while fighting for control with Tinzakena.

((Three action updates a day! Happy times are upon us at last! Also, can you update status of the near-dead and dead hellwolves? Oh, and Glint status update lost his essence counter somewhere.

+ I see that you reserve a post for status updates after each sub-turn. That's quite excessive, since most relevant information (HP, MP, Status, Essence) has already moved into turns themselves. Maybe add profiles only once per main turn? I expected detailed statistics to move into Doc altogether, but it might be reasonable to keep a double here.))
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 06:51:26 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: September 02, 2016, 06:34:26 am »

Explore the wasteland, then grab one of the charcoal trees and use it as a club
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: September 02, 2016, 08:37:24 am »

The Power of the Blood remained within Roeway even as blood dripped away. He felt himself grow larger as the last of the blood soaked into his fur as the blood on his face starts burning. When the burning stops it leaves behind a symbol

Name: Roeway
Species: Blood Hound
Appearance: A large wolf with blood red fur and eyes. Its teeth and claws are sharper then a normal wolf and it has the glint of intelligence in its eyes. Burned into his forehead is asymbol
Attributes:
increase HP
CON +1 -Constitution : increase physical resilience-
Traits : Magic attuned (Is in tune with mana currents and can detect spells, and mages)
Blood Rage (as Blood is spilled Roeway gains power and strength (triggers on all blood no matter the source. (doesn't increase HP or constitution)))

Skills : Mana eater (this creature has a taste for magic and can devour mana of targets to heal)
Blood soaked (Bathing in blood supernaturally hardens fur forming a sort of armor)
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:01:32 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: September 02, 2016, 08:59:19 am »

Continue digesting said fruit. Look adorable.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: September 02, 2016, 11:09:09 am »

I Continue up Further.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: September 02, 2016, 12:56:21 pm »

Hmm, is this luck, or is this my own power? Best not take any chances.

Approach the door, checking for other traps to the best of my ability

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: September 02, 2016, 01:03:23 pm »

((Three action updates a day! Happy times are upon us at last! Also, can you update status of the near-dead and dead hellwolves? Oh, and Glint status update lost his essence counter somewhere.

+ I see that you reserve a post for status updates after each sub-turn. That's quite excessive, since most relevant information (HP, MP, Status, Essence) has already moved into turns themselves. Maybe add profiles only once per main turn? I expected detailed statistics to move into Doc altogether, but it might be reasonable to keep a double here.))
((Oh right ! Updated the hellwolves status, and found Glint's Essence counter. Thankfully he didn't gain any since his transformation.
As for profiles, I am adding them there just in case, if players need to remember what are their abilities.))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: September 02, 2016, 01:37:30 pm »

((As for profiles, I am adding them there just in case, if players need to remember what are their abilities.))
((I understand this as well. Still, I think you don't have to add them to each subturn. I might be wrong, though.

Planning to steal monk techniques right now... Heh.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: September 02, 2016, 01:44:57 pm »

((So me and Nakeen ended up creating a whole new 'category' of magic. Fun.))

((Action will be edited in within the hour. Or two three hours, apparently.))

"All I remembered was a direction and a mansion. Then I came upon this forest. It gave me a sense of familiarity and so I decided to explore it. And seeing how there are ruins in it, it looks like I'm on the right track."

"You're curious about my blood magic, eh? Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't remember most of the theory behind it. I use it instinctively. But basically, to cast spells I have to first channel mana through my blood. And I don't necessarily have to manipulate blood with my magic. For example, I can create crystalline spikes. They're quite the sight, but I don't remember why exactly they don't need blood to be cast. Oh, and I can also use blood directly as fuel for my magic."

Teatime continues.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 04:52:45 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: September 02, 2016, 04:37:08 pm »

So shortly after posting my zilla sheet, I began thinking of ANOTHER monster sheet. and I just want to ask, what would you think about a monster who's trait is that they have companions?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: September 02, 2016, 04:38:15 pm »

(i remember there was a map of the world but i cant find it, anyone has the image?)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 146