Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295357 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #1020 on: April 13, 2016, 09:24:06 pm »

Turn 55 : Everyone bar the Ashen

Durst the Rock Seer
"I don't think I'm getting off. In fact, I'd like to speak to you for a while.

What is your name?
"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ZoomochScoomtarto the Four-Eyed Beholder
Fire Eye#3 Upwards, I might as Well Carve a way out now that I can...

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore and Gray the Metaldee
"I'm not gonna be able to hold these maniacs off for much longer, guys. In the interest of our mutual survival, slight change in plans."

Get the others (including T946 and Gray, if they want out), and make use of the distraction I just caused to scram. Bite any hostiles who catch up with us.

Maybe keep an eye on the fighting from a distance. If the humans are successful in killing themselves off, it's possible we could come back and get some essence out of the whole mess.

Follow Glint. Try to drag Vagush with us. If attacked, Harden to protect myself.

T946 the Security Bot Prototype
Get the stunned human to the nearest police station ASAP

Dahak the Uncanny Unreasonably Spooky Scary Skeleton
(Awwwwright)

Wat :v

Dahak is currently experiencing an ambivalent surge of emotions. At first, he's relieved he hasn't been hit in the face by a huge wall of extradimensional noxious snot with the force of a 50 carriages loaded with angry sentient bricks, but he's also a bit dismayed that even said wall of noxious extradimensional snot appears to be either ignoring or avoiding him, and surrounding him, too. Whats with everyone ignoring him lately? Buncha philistines.

This is, uh, unexpected. Its scared except not really?

For a few seconds, he tries to grasp what exactly is happening. Why is the thing avoiding him so precisely? Maybe this thing just happens to be some sort of otherworldy goo contortionist that wants to show its incredible body contortion abilities? Maybe it is incredibly racist toward skeletons? All these thoughts rush by until he realizes HE SHOULD PROBABLY TRY TO DO SOMETHING BECAUSE NOTHING HAS CHANGED

I SHOULD PROBABLY DO SOMETHING BECAUSE NOTHING HAS CHANGED BUT WAT DO???

Dahak decides its time to work harder, not smarter.

This thing is avoiding me for a reason! And since this thing has no actual mind, its probably operating purely on self preservation instinct, which is making this thing avoid me for whatever reason! In conclusion, THIS MEANS ITS TIME TO HUG A SKELETON

Desperately attempt to hug/grab onto the black mass. This is probably a terrible idea, but its not like you have any other options.

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
Fly closer and take a look at what it's doing. If nothing interesting spotted, go find a village.

Snehk the Unseen
I'll help you carry him back.

Take the bear back to lair.

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
((Knowledge... It hurts so much!))

"Thanks, it was good to understand more about you... Though I'd better learn dodging if you'll continue to grow even stronger physically. I really don't want to end our great relationship by small yet bloody misunderstanding in the future."

Engage in small talk on various subjects while we seek strong prey. Try to subly investigate what Astrosa likes and dislikes.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Durst, Rock Seer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Unseen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metaldee (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:13:17 pm by Nakéen »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 13, 2016, 09:31:14 pm »

Durst cackles, a slow and grating noise.

"What, you must take me for an elder? I can fight, young Sand-Shark, Mold-Tooth. I sympathize much with you. Allow me to remain on your back for the duration of the combat. I can manipulate the flow of mana in this world to injure your foes without touching them.

I have a strict no-kill policy, however. I will injure and nothing more. Any kills must be made by your side.

Do not worry, I hope that you will live long enough to sire a youngling. Right now, allow me to assist you with my selfish hope.
"

Durst prepares himself for combat. He attempts to attune himself to the mana surrounding him, and sense his quarries: figure out what they are, and where.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 13, 2016, 09:46:42 pm »

Try, Try Again as my old <Input Beholder Equivalent of Grandmother Here> Use to say.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 13, 2016, 11:00:02 pm »

Retreat a little bit more and then hide. Check to see if my regeneration core is actually doing anything, while I'm at it- do I need to tell it when I want it to activate or something?

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 13, 2016, 11:12:59 pm »

Retreat a little bit more and then hide. Check to see if my regeneration core is actually doing anything, while I'm at it- do I need to tell it when I want it to activate or something?
((You had no mana, it drains your MP to heal you. But yeah, I didn't think of activating it after the auto mana-regen))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 14, 2016, 01:56:07 am »

"There should be something more substantial than mere villages. A garrison or a castle, nearby. Humans could not ignore the danger that we and nature poses to them. I'd suggest gaining some altitude while following the most prominent roads - we'll reach our destination in some time."

Ulkas signed and questioned his companion:

"I hope that when speaking about weakness, you did not mean a purely physical one? Else I'd need to change my path of transormation..."

(Cause I really want to impress you. One way or another.)
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 14, 2016, 07:52:08 am »

((I REALLY SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS CORRUPTION BUSINESS))

Dahak feels a few odd thoughts crossing his mind at random, something about corruption and business? Weird, Dahak doesnt remember ever being a mafia boss.

Oblgy blhy! Iblg Tbhd gbtl obkht obfs hbreb! (OH BOY I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE

Dahak starts to crawl out of the goop, he has a bad feeling about staying inside this thing, but he has noticed something important. This thing is like a body desperately looking for a head, but as much as Dahak would like to control it himself, he feels uniting himself, the anchor allowing the corruptors to invade the world, and a huge mass of extradimensional goop may not be the best idea ever.

However, he does know someone who's from the same dimension as this thing.

He decides to crawl out and tell Nihil to dive headfirst into this thing, this may be a terrible idea in the long run, but Dahak has a hunch. That whole ~omg dahak I'm his soul anchor nanananana~ business Delinde was spouting a while back may just be the thing you need to at least temporarily fix this situation.

Or make it even worse, but hey, SCIENCEMAGICK! Plus, its not like you have any better options.

Crawl out of the goop and scream to Nihil, telling him to trust you and dive into the thing. If he does it, try to get close to Delinde and keep a close eye on her.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 14, 2016, 01:19:03 pm »

"The skeleton felt familiar. How strange."

I do not care enough to investigate further, however. Check if there are survivors. If none found, fly to the village. Try to stay unseen, at least during flight. I can pass off as a mostly human once on the ground. If I did find survivors - try giving the more intact ones a drink. Don't overdo it though, I kinda need my blood to live. Observe results. Feed off the rest. If creating thralls was a success, take them along to the village. If it didn't work properly and turned them into ghouls, take them anyway.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 14, 2016, 03:41:55 pm »

Envelope an illusion around the lair, so it would look like an ordinary rock, not a lair.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 14, 2016, 04:44:52 pm »

Hang back and watch. If the rest of the humans leave, go get some of that essence. Save some for Glint and Brown. And Vagush if he absorbs essence.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 15, 2016, 01:39:01 am »

Turn 56 : Everyone bar the Ashen and T946

The sun is setting.
Soon the fiery orb of gold and amber disappears behind the horizon. The moon can be seen in the opposite side of the sky.
This is twilight, night will come soon.

Durst the Rock Seer
Durst cackles, a slow and grating noise.

"What, you must take me for an elder? I can fight, young Sand-Shark, Mold-Tooth. I sympathize much with you. Allow me to remain on your back for the duration of the combat. I can manipulate the flow of mana in this world to injure your foes without touching them.

I have a strict no-kill policy, however. I will injure and nothing more. Any kills must be made by your side.

Do not worry, I hope that you will live long enough to sire a youngling. Right now, allow me to assist you with my selfish hope.
"

Durst prepares himself for combat. He attempts to attune himself to the mana surrounding him, and sense his quarries: figure out what they are, and where.
Spoiler: Sneak Attack (click to show/hide)

ZoomochScoomtarto the Four-Eyed Beholder
Try, Try Again as my old <Input Beholder Equivalent of Grandmother Here> Use to say.

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore

Gray the Metaldee
Hang back and watch. If the rest of the humans leave, go get some of that essence. Save some for Glint and Brown. And Vagush if he absorbs essence.
Spoiler: On the lookout (click to show/hide)

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
"There should be something more substantial than mere villages. A garrison or a castle, nearby. Humans could not ignore the danger that we and nature poses to them. I'd suggest gaining some altitude while following the most prominent roads - we'll reach our destination in some time."

Ulkas signed and questioned his companion:

"I hope that when speaking about weakness, you did not mean a purely physical one? Else I'd need to change my path of transormation..."

(Cause I really want to impress you. One way or another.)
Spoiler: Treacherous Skies (click to show/hide)

Dahak the Uncanny Unreasonably Spooky Scary Skeleton
((I REALLY SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS CORRUPTION BUSINESS))

Dahak feels a few odd thoughts crossing his mind at random, something about corruption and business? Weird, Dahak doesnt remember ever being a mafia boss.

Oblgy blhy! Iblg Tbhd gbtl obkht obfs hbreb! (OH BOY I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE

Dahak starts to crawl out of the goop, he has a bad feeling about staying inside this thing, but he has noticed something important. This thing is like a body desperately looking for a head, but as much as Dahak would like to control it himself, he feels uniting himself, the anchor allowing the corruptors to invade the world, and a huge mass of extradimensional goop may not be the best idea ever.

However, he does know someone who's from the same dimension as this thing.

He decides to crawl out and tell Nihil to dive headfirst into this thing, this may be a terrible idea in the long run, but Dahak has a hunch. That whole ~omg dahak I'm his soul anchor nanananana~ business Delinde was spouting a while back may just be the thing you need to at least temporarily fix this situation.

Or make it even worse, but hey, SCIENCEMAGICK! Plus, its not like you have any better options.

Crawl out of the goop and scream to Nihil, telling him to trust you and dive into the thing. If he does it, try to get close to Delinde and keep a close eye on her.
Spoiler: Reunion (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
"The skeleton felt familiar. How strange."

I do not care enough to investigate further, however. Check if there are survivors. If none found, fly to the village. Try to stay unseen, at least during flight. I can pass off as a mostly human once on the ground. If I did find survivors - try giving the more intact ones a drink. Don't overdo it though, I kinda need my blood to live. Observe results. Feed off the rest. If creating thralls was a success, take them along to the village. If it didn't work properly and turned them into ghouls, take them anyway.
Spoiler: Troubles incoming (click to show/hide)

Snehk the Unseen
Envelope an illusion around the lair, so it would look like an ordinary rock, not a lair.
Spoiler: Law of the Hunt (click to show/hide)

Monsters :

Spoiler: Durst, Rock Seer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Unseen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metaldee (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 07:49:56 pm by Nakéen »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 15, 2016, 02:40:48 am »

So our plan worked Barak... Fresh sacrifices for the ursine god! He'll be delighted upon waking up!

Fool them that they got into a lair of eldritch abomination, use whispers of damned, retract claws and strike.
« Reply #1032 on: April 15, 2016, 03:12:51 am »

Excuse me, but you do you know where the nearest town is so that this human can be punished for what he did

Rationalize that the nearest town must contain a guard post and ask someone where the nearest town is while pinning the genocidal human down so that it can not escape

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: April 15, 2016, 05:16:36 am »

"Speak, Mold-Tooth. How fare thee?"

Crawl out from under Mold-Tooth and analyze the situation. Then, begin attacking my foes with mana.

For demons, no holds barred. The no kill policy gets suspended.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: April 15, 2016, 06:07:14 am »

((We're high in the sky... And I have great control skills. So, would those fliers survive dead dive into the ground while speeding up? I don't think so. But let's see...))

Irritated by yet another wound scarring his somewhat frail body, Ulkas hissed:

"Tsk. Damn pests..."

Control them & drop them down. Either they die or lose ability to fly.

And only after that, he remembered about Eyes of the Mighty.

(if fliers are still alive) "Any suggestions? What is their power?"
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 146