Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295409 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #960 on: March 22, 2016, 05:03:13 am »

Turn 51 : GM is cured from the flu :D

The Ashen the Charred Wraith
(DOUBLEPOSTING TURNS IS BAD!!! jk)

Drain the life out of it, then continue on up to the weird structure.

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
I Try to Pry this pile of fur's jaws off me, (and hopefully it) with my [eye#1].
Spoiler: An eye against a jaw (click to show/hide)

Dahak the Uncanny Unreasonably Spooky Scary Skeleton
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dahak almost turns around to run away, but then he hesitates.

Awwwwgh, seriously? This thing is still here? I thought closing the portal would weaken it enough to banish it. But I guess Morvad was right, the other world is taking kiddie gloves off, plus, its my fault this damn thing actualy got through. I should've stayed and helped the world guardian >:v!

Dahak stops and looks around, trying to find a place to hide and think. He then turns to Delinde.

Look, this is my responsibility, if I don't deal with this massive extradimensional fatass, its going to keep rampaging around and getting stronger. I need to do something to stop or at least to stall its progress untill I get enough essence to change again and cut my links to the other world. The world hasn't gone full batshit insane on that thing yet because I'm serving as both a link and a smokescreen for its influence. I need to deal with this, even if I have to punch it out of our universe myself.

Dahak grances at the sarcophagus, grabbing its chains.

I think I might come up with an idea.

Try to find a relatively safe place to hide from both the army and the thing, then start reviewing Morvad's notes with Delinde to try and find a way to deal with that thing. Also, release Nihil from the sarcophagus, he might be a key player in this tussle.
Spoiler: P.L.O.T.D.U.M.P. (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Nosferatu
Now that I'm in a (relatively) safe place, how about I disengage Mist Form and witness the beauty of destruction?
Spoiler: P.M.U.D.T.O.L.P (click to show/hide)

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore
Get out in front, draw their attention, and overload mesmerizing into a brute-force frendliness inducer.
Spoiler: Friendliness overload (click to show/hide)

Snehk the Stalker
Use whispers and attack cautiously (that smoke seems pretty bad). Kill it before it explodes/gas kills us.
Spoiler: Weaksauce (click to show/hide)

Durst the Rock Seer
Listen for the mana.
Spoiler: Mana babble (click to show/hide)

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
"You..."

Collapse its psyche. Tear its insides. Those who hurt Astrosa must die!

Gray the Metaldee
Be friendly. Win the humans over with my naivety and adorable squishyness.
Spoiler: More friendliness (click to show/hide)

T946 the Security Bot Prototype
Greet the creatures and if they are hostile, stun them with my taser
"Hello, strangers"
Spoiler: Kernel Panic (click to show/hide)

Monsters :

Spoiler: Durst, Rock Seer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Caedan the Nosferatu (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metaldee (click to show/hide)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 22, 2016, 05:12:17 am »

I would like to clarify the influence of stats in the game. You probably noticed, but I experimented on the fly a bit in the early stage of the game. There was some dice manipulation at some point for example.

1) Dice Rolls :
It's been a long time since I decided that, but Dice Rolls, will only ever be alterable by my own volition. No more "if you have X in a stat, you will gain +Y in such roll". I think it breaks the charm of the d6 of RTDs.

So dice rolls still determine your global fate. And nothing can change this.

2) Action Result :
Here is where Stats come into play. Your stats will influence the intensity of the action you are doing.
The greater your stat, the stronger will be the effect(s) of your successful action (3, 4, 5, 6 to an extent) and the lesser will be the negative effects of a failure (1 or 2).

Hope it was clear :)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 22, 2016, 06:39:14 am »

((I thought mesmerizing was kind of mind-control-ish? Not sure how you're supposed to put someone in a trance with just plain white light. Not a huge deal if it isn't, I guess.))

((In any case, action when I actually have time.))

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 22, 2016, 07:30:12 am »

Tine to rest and recover. Uncoil myself from the leg, and dig myself into the earth. Time to regain some HP.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 22, 2016, 08:07:28 am »

I Float up towards the celing while attempting to TK the inside of it's mouth and drag it around by it.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 22, 2016, 08:30:52 am »

((egads, wat do))

Not only does Dahak feels left out from the conversation, he also feels kinda incapable of affecting the current turn of events. He also wonders about the suspicious cloud of mist hovering in the air not too far from them. I mean, what? Its not even cloudy here, and yet there it is, being all misty and shit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Uh, guys, the thing is eating the knights while you two share your heartfelt eldritch consolations, also... What :v? You mean Nihil wasn't linked to me at all? What was that whole creepy ~Dahaaaaaak~ deal earlier? Does that mean there's a another, possibly way creepier and more stalker-ish thing that reached out to me during the ritual?

A chill rises up on Dahak's spine as the thought crosses his mind. He decides to not dwell on it for too long.

You know what? Whatever, even with the whole "NANANANAN DELINDE IS MY SOUL ANCHOR NANANANA" stuff, its not like I was going to let you rejoin that thing anyway. Its already a problem being a mindless carnivore blob of snot, it would be a bigger problem if it was a SENTIENT carnivore blob of snot... Wait, you did say you're resonating with it somehow, right?

Dahah feels his inquisitive wizard mind propel him towards a possible experiment. He grabs Nihil by whatever arm analogue he formed out of the gooey mess he used to be, and pulls him close to his face.

Alright, resonance sometimes goes both ways. If that thing can affect you, so can you affect it, probably. So lets do a little experiment.

By the way, sorry for this, you two, this isn't going to be nice.

Dahak removes his two pairs of sunglasses, letting his exposed eyesockets glow brightly on Nihil's analogue of a face.

NOBODY GETS OFF MR. SKELETON'S WILD RIDE

Activate your fear aura, empower it with enough mana to cover up the entire vicinity, including the huge mindless blob. If Nihil being feared to all hell doesn't affect it, then maybe it'll affect the blob directly, since it had an effect on corruptors before, and the thing is basically a huge corruptor
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:04:07 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 22, 2016, 11:10:07 am »

See if the bear is alright, then take a better look at the body. Share the essence with companions.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 22, 2016, 12:43:43 pm »

"There is a strange beauty in carnage."

Follow along from a safe distance and watch the events unfold.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 22, 2016, 03:11:59 pm »

Just start walking. I'm sure if I do, something will happen.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 22, 2016, 03:15:04 pm »

Harden to protect from attacks of the mad humans. Ask the other humans to help me. Give them my "I have a dream" speech.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 22, 2016, 03:44:18 pm »

((I thought mesmerizing was kind of mind-control-ish? Not sure how you're supposed to put someone in a trance with just plain white light. Not a huge deal if it isn't, I guess.))

((I wasn't sure either, so I acted based on your Mesmerizing description. It speaks of "entranced", so I saw him as some kind of weak hypnosis/disorientation.
But with overload this is another story, it is clearly mentioned your Mesmerizing can reach Mind-Control levels thanks to it.

As for the "plain white light", I messed up a lot on the description. I had in mind a "bright flash of light that is instead some kind of multiple powerful flashes of different intensity with a subliminal effect".

Feel free to correct if some of these feel wrong to you.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 22, 2016, 04:39:30 pm »

((I wasn't sure either, so I acted based on your Mesmerizing description. It speaks of "entranced", so I saw him as some kind of weak hypnosis/disorientation.
But with overload this is another story, it is clearly mentioned your Mesmerizing can reach Mind-Control levels thanks to it.

As for the "plain white light", I messed up a lot on the description. I had in mind a "bright flash of light that is instead some kind of multiple powerful flashes of different intensity with a subliminal effect".

Feel free to correct if some of these feel wrong to you.))

((I've imagined mesmerizing as a continuous glow which pulsates a little every now and then. Relaxing, but entirely passive until someone looks at it and it gradually ramps up their desire to sit down and stare at the pretty light.

Take that as you will.))

Direct all friendliness to the humans who reciprocate. Fill the murderous ones up with venom.
« Reply #972 on: March 22, 2016, 04:43:30 pm »

Wait for my vision to correct itself and therefore my dizziness to disappear

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 22, 2016, 04:48:50 pm »

((I've imagined mesmerizing as a continuous glow which pulsates a little every now and then. Relaxing, but entirely passive until someone looks at it and it gradually ramps up their desire to sit down and stare at the pretty light.

Take that as you will.))

Direct all friendliness to the humans who reciprocate. Fill the murderous ones up with venom.
((Yeah, that's how I envision the mesmerizing in its basic form, a passive light/glow emanating from your body that attract and entrance. I will try to be more careful next times))

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 23, 2016, 03:21:41 pm »

"Sharing the spoils of war is surprisingly...sweet. Don't you agree, Astrosa?"

Ulkas paused for a moment, thinking if he should apologize for the dangerous encounter or gloat at twice-thwarted false deity, but chose otherwise.

Spoiler: Transform (click to show/hide)

(If successful)

His transformation went almost unnoticable, as most changes were made to the magical structure of the body, not the physical one. Although dark azure color, compared to the crimson skin of Astrosa, led Ulkas to some interesting thoughts and analogues. He smirked and tried the waters:

"How shall we proceed, my Queen?"
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 146