Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295460 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #885 on: March 10, 2016, 08:06:30 pm »

"We fought six demons. Two of them survived. Where are they, friend? I wish to have some.. Words, with them if they are still present."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 10, 2016, 08:16:29 pm »

((I forgot to tell, for future transformations it won't be compulsory to change your species. See it more as a title than a proper species name))
(I personally like to think of it as a evolution path. eg, you have physical and you have mental. the Guard is taking the physical path, while Stormslayer is taking a mental one.

Lord>Hero>Mystic>Magus
Worker>
             Guard>Warrior>Berserker>Champion

Make sense?)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:23:39 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 10, 2016, 08:23:57 pm »

Wat

Dahak is slightly dumbfounded by this whole situation. Not only is Delinde still seemingly potato-minded, altough more vocal, but the otherwordly thing seems mostly passive, and apparently its thanking him for creating it? Them? Wat?

Dahak tries to process this inside his mind for a few seconds-With the help of a traditional dark elven song!

It didn't help much. He doesnt even know why he remembers that song.

He glances back at Delinde.

Ritual sucked balls and failed. You okay? You were kinda spacing out while AN EXTRADIMENSIONAL HORROR WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU a few seconds back, so, try to breathe slowly.

He looks back at the otherwordly being.

Sooo, uh, this thing is telling me that, somehow, it owes its existence, or at least its current level of sapience, to me..?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hold that thought for a second, okay?

QUICK, TELL DELINDE TO FIND A COFFIN OR A SARCOPHAGUS OF SOME SORT, LOCK THE DAMN THING INSIDE, THEN RESTART THE RITUAL AND ASK MORVAD WHAT IS GOING ON BECAUSE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 08:36:57 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 10, 2016, 08:43:21 pm »

Head to the borders of the town and listen to the natural mana in the world. Let it flow and tell me what I must do.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 10, 2016, 09:34:31 pm »

"It doesn't matter if I'm artificial or not. I'm me, and I have a dream. A dream that one day, beings will not be judged by whether they are human or monster, but by their actions and character. Thank you very much for your help and the directions. I'll try to return the favor if I ever pass through again."

Some talky stuff, then head off to the Ashafan territory. Keep an eye out for monsters following me this time. Or monsters and humans around me in general. And for sources of essence.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 10, 2016, 09:36:44 pm »

((I forgot to tell, for future transformations it won't be compulsory to change your species. See it more as a title than a proper species name))
(I personally like to think of it as a evolution path. eg, you have physical and you have mental. the Guard is taking the physical path, while Stormslayer is taking a mental one.

Lord>Hero>Mystic>Magus
Worker>
             Guard>Warrior>Berserker>Champion

Make sense?)
((I think of it the same way too. But I don't want to burden players with "species name" if it becomes hard to find one. Mentioning the possibility to make it some sort of title is for the cases when finding a new species name could be weird or bothersome.
Just think of it as a fail-safe.))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 10, 2016, 10:40:55 pm »

Tend to Vagush. If he's in good shape, try to follow the blobs one again, this time while declaring our peaceful intentions.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 11, 2016, 01:35:43 am »

"Hell! I'm making an opening, yet its too different from normal control! It's as if Chosen is controlled by puppeteer and my actions only serve to mange his strands! What should I do?!"

Follow Astrosa orders.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 11, 2016, 02:41:00 am »

It's a long story. After leaving lair of the sole shegarian dragon of nearby woods, I headed towards Doro village, seeking Fenia. My goal was to talk with her and find a way in which I could live among humans. But I stumbled upon one of the scouts and had to run away back to forest. Then I was attacked by two adventurers, and after defeating them I decided that I need power to transform so I'd look like an ordinary human. Then I stumbled upon you, and you know what happened next. Do you know where I could quickly absorb some power and continue my journey?

Talk with Bargar and his convenient neighbor Barak.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 11, 2016, 02:54:59 am »

I...have no words for what just happened.

My computer crashed when I was writing Snehk turn. I lost the whole turn, more than two hours worth of writing.

I...I can't write anymore for today, my will has been shattered to pieces and stomped by an elephant herd.

I'm going to sleep :(

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 11, 2016, 08:45:36 am »

I...have no words for what just happened.

My computer crashed when I was writing Snehk turn. I lost the whole turn, more than two hours worth of writing.

I...I can't write anymore for today, my will has been shattered to pieces and stomped by an elephant herd.

I'm going to sleep :(
((I know your pain, Nakeen. I once accidentally refreshed (or something like that, I remember it was my fault) the page where I was writing a turn for my Perplexicon game and ended up having to summarize (thankfully, I remembered the rolls) the first half of it. Although the amount of time I lost was much shorter. It was only about an hour or so.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 11, 2016, 09:21:14 am »

(Sorry about that, at least I can get my turn in!)

WESTWARD FORTH! OTHER ME, SURVIVE!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 12, 2016, 06:08:04 am »

((Turn will come later than usual, sometime during Saturday afternoon or night. I'm busy with something else, and the previous crash disturbed my schedule))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 12, 2016, 07:14:04 pm »

Turn 47a : First half

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
Chew! Chew! The little purple pile of meat shall be lunch!
[Chew]
[5] You shake the hoverer around, tearing apart a large chunk of meat and ripping its throat. A torrent of blood is gushing out of the hoverer, and its movements slow down. The monster eventually falls on the ground and dies of blood loss.

You gain 1 essence

Caedan the Vampire
"Oh? A human working alongside a monster? That is entirely unexpected. Forgive for taking this essence then. Anyhow, I have answered your question. Allow me to ask you one of mine. Who are you and what do you want to achieve by cooperating with monsters?"

Converse. Should they turn hostile, run and use the night to hide myself. I will transform later. My phone fu isn't advanced enough to write a transformation sheet.
[Plotdump]
[3] "What a strange reaction, I find him a little too presumptuous. Asking questions in his situation ?" says a hooded figure.
"It's probably due to a mix of panic and relief. His straightforwardness is commendable, but he seems to lack politeness." adds the Dullahan.

The imposing human enters in an obligatory fake reflection state for a few seconds, complete with chin rubbing and pondering humming. Then he laughs heartily again, showing his white teeth.
"Bwahaha ! You are unexpectedly calm for someone of the outer world, people usually freeze or run in fear. Oh, and immediately assuming we are "cooperating" is actually even more surprising considering your upbringing."

This human is troubling you deeply. You can't help but notice that he speaks to you like if he was speaking to a human. Normal humans, if they ever tried to converse with a monster, would address the monster as a monster, not a person.

His voice reverts to the serious grave tone.

"For the "cooperation" part, we are not "cooperating" in the sense of "breaking boundaries because of a common interest". We are comrades and friends. Concerning our identities and goals, I can't answer, and you are in no position to demand answers from us. Who know, you could even belong to an unknown party hostile to our goal."

"Just remember one thing about us, though it won't speak to you. We are the Terash Squad of Coridem. Oh, it's a bit late to say this but we won't kill you, don't worry. You are not on our threat list, no offense."

The hooded figure who spoke earlier steps front and speaks to the human :
"He is the first sentient non-human monster to choose dialogue over violence. We may be able to get important informations out of him, especially about the state of the world on the other monsters side."

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Mystic
"We fought six demons. Two of them survived. Where are they, friend? I wish to have some.. Words, with them if they are still present."
[Dire times]
[1] "Survived ? If you are thinking of the three demons we found next to you and your companion, they are dead. They woke up before you, and we arrived in time to put them down before the inevitable. Furthermore, every prisoner we managed to restrain during the other ambushes ended their life in captivity. As such, we have no information whatsoever about the enemy, apart from the fact that they belong to the demon-kin."

At the same time, the vine cocoon holding Guard-Kin opens, and gently drop off Guard-Kin on the grassy ground. He is fully healed, but hasn't changed like you.

"Considering the sudden change in situation, our council decided to hasten negotiations with your people. You should go back to your people while it's safe, I hope for your safe return. Come back with representatives as soon as possible, we will wait for you eagerly."

Dahak the Uncanny Unreasonably Spooky Scary Skeleton
Wat

Dahak is slightly dumbfounded by this whole situation. Not only is Delinde still seemingly potato-minded, altough more vocal, but the otherwordly thing seems mostly passive, and apparently its thanking him for creating it? Them? Wat?

Dahak tries to process this inside his mind for a few seconds-With the help of a traditional dark elven song!

It didn't help much. He doesnt even know why he remembers that song.

He glances back at Delinde.

Ritual sucked balls and failed. You okay? You were kinda spacing out while AN EXTRADIMENSIONAL HORROR WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU a few seconds back, so, try to breathe slowly.

He looks back at the otherwordly being.

Sooo, uh, this thing is telling me that, somehow, it owes its existence, or at least its current level of sapience, to me..?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hold that thought for a second, okay?

QUICK, TELL DELINDE TO FIND A COFFIN OR A SARCOPHAGUS OF SOME SORT, LOCK THE DAMN THING INSIDE, THEN RESTART THE RITUAL AND ASK MORVAD WHAT IS GOING ON BECAUSE YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW
[Warning ! Obnoxiousness and plotdump]
[4] You ask Delinde for a suitable container to seal the humanoid.
"Ah...sure." she answers vaguely, like if she wasn't really listening you.

Her small figure disappears for a moment amongst the tombstones and beautiful trees. When she comes back, she is lifting a large iron sarcophagus, complete with heavy chains around it. It should do the trick.

You both lock the thing inside, all the while ignoring his relentless "Daahaaak", which are bordering on the stalker side. Relieved to have the damned thing locked and shut down, you sigh in relief, and notice Delinde actually didn't have her mask and hood for the whole time. You were so stressed by the situation that you didn't realize this obvious detail.

Her face is actually very human-like. Apart from the black eyeballs, there is nothing uncanny enough to wear a mask. Maybe she is hung up about her appearance or something ? You don't really know. You also note that her face is far less child-like than in your imagination. She still looks like her mind is far away, thinking to something.

[6] You head back to the crypt. How nice it is to be back here, this is truly the only place where you ever felt safe since your reanimation. You quickly set back up the ritual, and the magical blurry screen appears. The fog like movements of the screen give the impression of innumerable figures moving. You think strongly to Morvad, trying to call him, and a figure distinguish itself from the crowd.

"Dyohoho ! Isn't that my man Dahak with my sunglasses even ! I'm so moved ! did you find the stash Dahak ? Oh ! And isn't that Delinde !"

Morvad's voice resonates loudly in the crypt, even when he tries to whisper. Why is his voice so loud ?! You don't remember messing up anything with the ritual, that's really weird. And you don't even know if it's possible to adjust the sound volume. If you had eardrums, they would be gone and you would bleed out of your ears.

Despite clearly hearing something about a stash, Delinde doesn't react and stays lost in her thought, just jumping in surprise because of the loud resonating voice. You sigh in relief, and smile at him victoriously. He instantly understands and you both laugh creepily.

Back to important matters, you narrate him your whole saga since your reanimation. Corruptors, Corruptors again and even more Corruptors... You mention an armored dude and a demon somewhere, but it's not much important to you.

"Woah, now that's my man Dahak ! And I can't help but applaud my immeasurable genius, my theories predicted the majority of what you went through ! Aaah, I should begin with my main hypothesis about the sentience of this foreign world, and the reason why it is so much attracted to ours. Death kinda cleared a lot of obscure data for me, haha !"

"As you understood, what I call the Outer World is drawn to a mysterious substance of our world, the Essence. At first, I thought it was a natural phenomenon like iron being attracted by a magnet. But it's different than that, I now am practically certain that this "phenomenon" is actually caused by a will. This will could be called the Will of the Outer World, as opposed to the Will of our own world."

"You see, your story about the guardian confirmed my theory. The world as we know it has some degree of sentience, and will directly manifest itself in incredibly rare cases. Like what you saw, when a foreign world threatened to invade and sap at its force, the World incarnated a protective Avatar, kinda like an antibody. By the way, we are lucky you didn't find out what was being pulled from the vortex, seeing how this sphere of weggieness made a meal out of an Equilibrium Avatar, you probably wouldn't be here. Oh, and are you sure this mass of black mud is dead ?"

You listen closely, but can't help but ask why the so called World's Will didn't react earlier. The world must be pretty lazy to send a guardian so late. As for the last question, you don't know, and you don't really want to know.

"I may be an incredible genius, but I'm by no mean omniscient huh. Either the world sentience over itself or its defense mechanisms are crappy, either it's the Outer World who is pretty smart. He may have managed to hide its presence to the world. Hey, that's not so far-fetched actually. If it was actually the case, then it would explain why you are so important to the Corruptors : you are some kind of mask or proxy or something, preventing the World from detecting them as long as they keep a low profile."

Morvad seems enthralled by the discussion, and is throwing his theories around.

"As for the humanoid you spoke off, I don't blindin' know. Maybe it managed to somehow blend into our world, and separated itself from the Will of the Outer World ? According to previous observations, Corruptors instantly vanishes if their connection is severed, or if they lose all the Essence they stored. The Essence helps them blends into the world, in small quantities it only allow them to exist in places connected to the Outer World, like the village. By the way, good job for freeing their souls."

"I have one last thing to note though, it concerns the ritual to sever your connection to the Outer World. With the last event, I'm not sure anymore of what would the outcome be. It rely on a simple thing, how much did the Outer World manage to invade ours.
If the invasion is small, when your connection is severed, the World should instantly detect the Outer World presence and utterly wipes it out of its face. It will get messy, so I advise not approaching such places, like the village.
If the invasion is larger than expected, the Outer World will probably stops trying to sneakily plot in the World's back and takes a more frontal approach. This case would get really messy, so messy that it may even threaten the whole world. Optimistic isn't it ?
Oh, and with your strange corruptor thingy, the World may even try to wipe YOU out."

"Sorry for seeming so pessimistic. Don't forget those are just theories, haha ! Haha... Herm. That's a crapload of responsibilities, if I knew what I would step into, I would have become a florist like my mother. Anyway. You will have to cut the connection sooner or later. Right now seems a bit risky to me, you could try gathering more essence to transform. With some luck, your essence will overpower and erase the corruptor core, but if not, it will probably grow by feeding on your essence... The choice is yours. You can try now with some risks, or later with either no risks or even more risks."

Spoiler: Plotdump Summary (click to show/hide)

Monsters :

Spoiler: Durst, Rock Seer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Caedan the Vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metaldee (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 06:36:13 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: March 12, 2016, 07:15:53 pm »

Now back to the hunt!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 146