Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295755 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #750 on: March 01, 2016, 11:13:37 pm »

((Turn will come later. I'm busy with something else))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 02, 2016, 05:00:52 am »

-misclick- (turn writing in process)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 05:04:27 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 02, 2016, 06:38:37 am »

Turn 38 : Everyone + GM note at the end

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
"Let's head out now and test the power of those humans. I'm practically dying to see you getting serious in battle."

((All tactics were already mentioned: control, chaos and fear.

Dahak... Why did I let you live?! Coolrune... Ouch.))
[Massacre]
"Tee-hee, you know how to flatter a woman." she laughs with a devilish grin.

Not far from here, the village is bumbling with activity. With the new soldiers the mainland sent to protect the border villages, the villagers are busier but feel far safer. When suddenly, two winged figures appear in the village square out of nowhere.

A crimson winged woman.
A skeletal insectile man.

The villagers don't even get the time to understand what is happening, when Astrosa swiftly grabs the nearest human with her clawed hand. Grabbing a young girl by the throat, she lifts her in the air in a way reminiscent of how she lifted you days ago.

"Come to me warriors. Or this adorable little girl will die." shouts Astrosa with her terrible voice.

The villagers instantly give way to panic. Some of them are stunned and unable to make a decision, while others are running away terrified. They are screaming "Monsters !" "Help !". What seems to be a mother is crying the girl name, "Elina".

[2] But the reaction you get is unexpected. The soldiers also run away terrified, and no one but the mother is left to plead for the girl life. At this moment, you glance at Astrosa, and see a face so full of hatred and wrath that you are scared looking at her. She is grinding her teeth extremely hard, and seems close to scream.

But instead of screaming, she mutters something.

"Scum...Lowlives...They are worth even less than demons..."

She walks calmly toward the mother, not saying a word. The woman is terrified and to her knee, paralyzed.
And unexpectedly, Astrosa put down the young girl and comes back to you. Then she says :
"Kill them all, except for the woman and her daughter. The soldiers first. Then the villagers. ALL. OF. THEM."

[4] She then flies in the opposite direction, and you hear terrified screams of humans. You turn back and see her tearing them apart with her empowered claws. The blood-red substance seems to have solidified to give her fearsome blade-like claws.

[3] vs [2] Listening to her order, you target some fleeing soldiers. Using of your mind control, you easily take control of the mind of two soldiers.
You lose 4MP
[5] You then order them to attack the other humans, which they do with deadly efficiency. Not expecting an attack from their own, the soldiers are caught off-guard and severely injured.

Fleeing Roll :
[2] The panic is too great, villagers fail to flee properly. No villager flees this turn.

Losses :
1d6 [6] Villagers
1d4 [2] Soldiers

Villagers : 94
Soldiers/Adventurers : 13

Gray the Metaldee
"Thank you, Dovarus. Maybe there are still some good humans left. It looks like we'll have to leave this castle anyway to find more of this 'essence' stuff. I'll keep an eye out for any. Do you have any recommendation where we should go, Dovarus? Or any tips to help us? Did you want us to carry a message back to the Sentinel before we leave?"

Talky stuff. Look for anything interesting in this room.
[Bye Dovarus]
"You are a strange kind of blob, that's for sure. Believing in human good heart despite being a monster... I hope you never change, despite the ugly face of the world brave blob. If you were to seek for humans, you should head West or North. West is the kingdom of Fordania, and North is the Ashafan Kingdom far into the desert."

"I would be in your debt if you could pass the following message to the Sentinel."

He says while tending you a piece of paper. You take it, and inspect the room a little before leaving.

[3] This was an once great throne room, you can see it despite the ruined aspect of the place. Banners of unknown houses are still hanged on the walls and the ceiling. The magnificent golden throne is still shining despite its age. But that's all, there isn't anything much interesting here.

You exit the throne room, bidding goodbye to Dovarus.

Snehk the Stalker
Try somewhere else.
[Found something]
[6] You head further west, leaving these small woods. You reach a river coursing from east to west. Still looking for a suitable prey, you suddenly detect a presence with your infravision drinking down there. You approach carefully, and get a better look of the creature.
It's a monster, some kind of huge black bear with strange white markings on its body. It is at least two time bigger than you, and you can feel this is not a normal bear.

Squishy the Earth Mana Amorphoid
FLOAT TO THE BACK! Hide there and now consume some essence.

I have started to realize how useless I am without mana.
[Da Escape That May Have Been Staged By The Dice]
[5] ((you just avoided certain death))
You quickly float out of reach of the swords, and manage to dodge the magical attacks aimed at you ! Rushing to the rear, you escape the dozen of knights that were rushing on you. You are hiding behind the few alive monsters.

[5] ((karmic backlash ?))
There, you focus to once more absorb essence. And somehow, you manage to gather the essence of all the dead monsters of the precedent turn !
You gain 8 essences (Monsters). You can now transform !

((because of the double 5, your transformation won't suffer from interference))

Dikaios Knights roll : [4] vs [2] ((not even surprised))
The Dikaios knights quickly regroup and resume their offensive against the monsters left. They are overwhelming the few monsters fighting.

Monster roll : [1] vs [4] ((must be some kind of curse))
The monsters are unable to stand the might of the knights ! They are totally pushed back and slaughtered mercilessly.

Escape roll : [3]
In a last desperate strike, a monster dent the doors further, they are soon going to break !

Monster forces : 3 Evolving Monsters
Human forces : 18 Dikaios Knights + 3 Soldiers
Losses :
Monsters : [4] Monsters
Human : [2] Soldiers
Final :
0 Monsters left
18 Dikaios Knights + 1 Soldier left

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three Eyed-Beholder
FLY AWAY!!!
[Let's Nope away]
[4] You don't waste a second and fly away ! You are smart enough not to fly high into the air, which would expose you to the arrows, so you float close to the ground. Having lost sight of you, the archers don't shoot.

Pursuit roll :
[4] But you are not out of danger yet ! Five visible soldiers are still pursuing you, probably more are coming. And you aren't flying extremely fast either.

Caedan the Vampire
"This is why both humans and monsters can't have nice things, dammit!"

Unsheathe my blade and cast another Blood Boil on the axe guy, while backpedaling away from them.
[Blood boil finally works !]
[1] You begin unsheathing your blade when the axe suddenly strikes you in the sword arm ! The axeman was quick to attack, and you didn't see it coming. Your arm isn't cut apart, but it is unusable.
You lose 5HP

[6] Because of a mix of pain, panic and adrenalin, you cast your Blood Boil on the axeman instinctively. Expanding all your mana, the result is more spectacular than you expected. The axeman skin begins to redden, and his arteries and veins suddenly explode ! The man is screaming in pain, and drop on the ground, dead.
You lose all your MP
You gain 1 essence

The effort was so intense that you forgot to backpedal.

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore
Yeah, I suppose we do make an odd pair. I could tell you about it, assuming Tirim's all right with that. It's pretty personal for him.

Stay and chat, I guess? If there's nothing more to say, thank him for his help and exit to the surface.

[Unexpected development]
[5] "Oh ? If it doesn't bother you, I don't mind listening."
Tirim nods to you as a sign of affirmation. You begin narrating your very recent encounter and the circumstances. As you reach the part where you went back to Tirim's dad corpse, the large fearsome insect monster asks you to stop.

He is crying.

"That's...that's such a sad story ! *snif* I'm so sorry for your loss small quartzen !" says the monster all the while weeping heavily.

"I...I'm sorry for being so rude to you !" he apologizes profusely.

You are totally confused. The monster calms down, and introduces himself :
"Call me Vagush. Your story reminded me of my own past, I also lost my family early, and I lived alone in these tunnels since then."

"May I...May I accompany you in whatever journey you are in ? Your story moved me. I will help you protect this kid, I stayed here long enough."

Dahak the Uncanny Unreasonably Spooky Scary Skeleton
((egads :v!))

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU AND THE EVERYHING WHAT IS THIS

THIS IS NO TIME FOR SKELETON JOKES

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Grab everything INCLUDING Delinde, who's too paralyzed to do anything, and run the hell away, closing the doors behind you. Whatever is happening will maybe take care of the fog jerk. Once you get far enough, try to get Delinde to calm down and see if its possible to stop these momentaneous otherwordly shenaningas using one of the rituals.
[Unexpected development in the worse possible way]
[3] You react swiftly and barely have the time to grab the backpack and Delinde and run through the door. But you fail to properly close the door, and assist to what is happening inside.

The Thing From Another Plane : [1] ((You are fuckin' meta-cursed.))
The rift is firmly maintained open by the black tendrils. Then something slowly emerges from it.

A huge sphere of pure devouring blackness appears.
It is slow and leisurely levitating. And it is watching you. It was always watching you.

All your senses are screaming at you to run away from this thing, to leave as quickly as possible.

Time seems to stop. The world around you turns silent. It is as if the whole universe had turned its eyes on this black sphere.

A voice -or is it a voice ?- resonates in your head.
"[1]"

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
"Greetings Amarilys. There is a time and place for fighting, but that is not here or now as far as I am aware. Our hive has recently moved into the nearby area, and we are looking for are allies and food sources respectively. We are natural hunters, but even so, the forest will be a limited resource and one that is shared none-the-less. Perhaps you could help us, or at the very least be reasonable in sharing."
[Birth of an Alliance]
[5] Amarilys stays silent for a moment, she seems to be in deep thoughts. After a whole minute, she speaks to you frankly :
"I am honored to meet someone as wise as you. Us Sylvarians would gladly share the resources of the forest with you. We don't feed on meat, so your needs won't overlap with ours. Furthermore, we too are looking for allies. Would you hear me out ?"

You nod, and she explains their situation :
"Our people are currently at war with humans. We managed to win harsh battles thanks to the heroic sacrifice of
true heroes. But we aren't fools, we clearly see we are going to lose this war as we are now... Would your people be ready to join forces with us, in exchange of sharing the forest ?"

The Tales of Five Dark Wanderers: by Bernardo Yhaes, the Living Book
EAT IT WHOLE. BLOOD, BONE, AND SOUL.
[Pretty clear orders]
You telepathically order Inhakat to "EAT IT WHOLE. BLOOD, BONE, AND SOUL". Inhakat totally understands.
[/i]Inhakat roll :[/i]
[6] Taking advantage of the proximity of the Alpha, Inhakat grows a frost bone spike out of his hand and stabs the Alpha with it, severely injuring it ! But the critical wound activates the innate rage mode of the Alpha.
Ihakat loses 2 MP

Alpha roll :
[5] The Alpha Steppe Hunter unleashes a mighty roar that is probably heard miles away. Its silver fur turns crimson, its wounds heals at an alarmingly fast rate. And it seems to be overflowing with power...

[/i]Inhakat roll :[/i]
[4] Inhakat immediately attack again with a frost spike, piercing the hardened skin of the Alpha ! But it clearly inflicts less damages than before.
Ihakat loses 2 MP

Alpha roll :
[4] The Alpha Steppe Hunter counterattacks by lunging at Inhakat and biting it in the arm. Because of the boost in power, the bite wounds Inhakat a lot !
Ihakat loses 5 HP

Monsters :

Spoiler: Caedan the Vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metaldee (click to show/hide)

GM Note :
Small addition concerning passive abilities. I will make a roll automatically if applicable as of now.
For example, Squishy's Manastatic Field will always activate with some degree of success set by the roll and my own preferences.
Also, you will automatically regenerate some MP each turn if you do an action that isn't a combat-action.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:51:15 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 02, 2016, 06:44:55 am »

((An insane turn.
-Coolrune survived and double rolled 5s. Unexpected, he was expected to DIE.
-Dahak is catalyzing the unluck of the universe.
-Stormslayer is doing diplomacy
-ZoomochScoomtarto is floating for his life
-Humans of the village are scums.))

EDIT: WHY AND HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE SQUISHY. WHY WON'T YOU DIE ((friendly advice : don't take the knights head on. It's pure suicide.))
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 06:47:51 am by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 02, 2016, 06:50:37 am »

FLY STRAIGHT UP!!!
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 02, 2016, 07:10:37 am »

Use fear and illusions to stop humans from escaping. Proceed control-slaughtering them.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 02, 2016, 07:45:13 am »

Disappear and search for weakest spots.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 02, 2016, 07:56:36 am »

"I never wanted to fight you people, so how about we all stop fighting before I'm forced to do the same to you, eh? Leave his corpse though. I'm taking it as reparations."

Bluff. If they leave me alone, drink the guy once he's safe to drink. If they want to keep fightan, run like a bitch.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 02, 2016, 08:42:09 am »

"Of course, Vagush. We're happy to have you."

Comfort our new friend, then start moving towards the surface. Recover MP on the way, I guess?

((...And here I was thinking that this guy would slaughter me without a thought. I guess you shouldn't judge an insectile abomination by its carapace.))

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 02, 2016, 12:55:47 pm »

((>:v! egads mode is still on))

Dahak's bones shiver creating a sound akin to an epileptic xylophone, but then he can hear the word echoing in his head

..."1"? Really, 1? Whats this, some sort of otherwordly bingo? Seriously, you come from the plane of pure suck to tell me about the number 1, you geriatric spawn of yog sothot?!

Dahak spurts so many incredible insults that such moment can only be properly represented by this video.

Then a flash of otherwordly realization comes into Dahak's mind, almost a reflex, giving him otherwordly awareness of the situation.

Otherwordly situations require otherwordly measures!

Dahak then tries his hardest to mentalize the number "5" in his mind, repeating in both mentally and verbally at the thing before him.
Then he realizes this is probably really stupid. Anyway, he decides he can't fight this thing directly, and that he can't rely on Delinde, at least not for now.

Try to get more distance between you and the cabin, slap Delinde so she FUCKING SNAPS OUT OF IT JESUS CHRIST AND BECAUSE SHE'S ACTUALY SOMEWHAT HEAVY TO CARRY, tell her to run away back to the cemetary, then do a quick read of the ritual to forcefuly close openings to the corruptor world and the ritual for controlling the link between Dahak and the corruptor world, and see if you can perform them without Delinde's help.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 02, 2016, 01:44:03 pm »

Go deliver the message to the Sentinel and say goodbye, then head out to the North, unless anything else comes up that the Sentinel wants help with. Say goodbye to the Metal Guardian on the way out.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 02, 2016, 02:05:42 pm »

He would do something akin to a nod at the prospect.
"The proposal is agreeable, as those that fall in battle will feed our kin. However, we are not entirely reliant on meat for sustenance.
I have a second proposal, as well. You undoubtedly want to know why the attacks are taking place, correct? Our soldiers can attempt to bring their soldiers into the hivemind, and extract whatever knowledge they hold provided the both parties survive. If you are willing to offer us any other food sources you can think of, We can try to help prepare you for the following strikes."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 02, 2016, 02:50:35 pm »

((A bit of trivia. Dikaios means "righteous/just/lawful" in ancient greek
Vagúsh means "killer" in DF dwarven tongue))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 02, 2016, 03:06:49 pm »

((You should have heard me reading this turn. I'm a bit tired right now, so reading those double 5's, then seeing all the monsters die, and your message to not take them on... I was giggling maniacally in a "TEEHEE HEE, TEE HEE HEEEEEEEEE HEEEE...." sound. Oh, and I might just kill them all.))

Name : Squishy?!?
Species : Mana Wisp
Appearance : The amorphous form of the Mana Amorphoid has evaporated into what appears to be a cloud of pure, concentrated mana. It's pwetty!
HP or MP increase : MP up by five, HP up by two. Or something. Whatever happens at this point.
Attributes increased : Power
Traits gained : Ethereal: Physical attacks against this being might not prove so useful, but that also means that it cannot physically attack others. (Basically, strong debuff to any non-magical attacks to it, and no more mashing other people for me :c)
Skills gained : Absorb: The Mana Wisp can quickly drain the life energy of those around it and convert it into pure mana. It works better upon a single individual, but can be done against a crowd at a lower efficiency.

((I've noticed they don't seem to have mages. Good luck hitting vaporized mana which can drain your life and fling balls of energy at you, dick-bags!))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 02, 2016, 03:09:37 pm »

((You should have heard me reading this turn. I'm a bit tired right now, so reading those double 5's, then seeing all the monsters die, and your message to not take them on... I was giggling maniacally in a "TEEHEE HEE, TEE HEE HEEEEEEEEE HEEEE...." sound. Oh, and I might just kill them all.))
((I've noticed they don't seem to have mages. Good luck hitting vaporized mana which can drain your life and fling balls of energy at you, dick-bags!))
((You must be tired indeed ! They used various spells during the battle : they are magical-knights !))

((Oh, and because it's the 4th stage, you gain two attributes bonuses. More into power or another stat too ?))
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 03:11:22 pm by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 146