Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295589 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #630 on: February 25, 2016, 11:06:41 am »

" The queen is cautious about meeting a different race of monsters in person, which is reasonable. Without her, the entire travel will be for nothing. She has sent me and my guard-kin here in her stead. We are both direct sub-ordinates to our leaders, so lets arrange this together. Failing a reasonable outcome, I request you at least direct us around your lands so we do not re-offend."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 25, 2016, 11:48:19 am »

((Did that nice nap I had restore any HP?))
((Nope, sadly. You did a double 1 after all :/))

((PLOT went for soul-anchor route.
Also players cursed by the dice and others blessed by it.))

((I expected you would :v, I had a similar idea honestly, only more grimderp, but this one is fine))
((More grimderp ? Still interested in what you thought, as reference material.))

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 25, 2016, 12:43:19 pm »

@Nakéen

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 25, 2016, 03:00:13 pm »

Turn 31b : Everyone bar Glint

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
Search for a group of enemies I can consume for essence.
[1] ((Oh yes, I hoped for it...))
Still a little groggy, you half-open your eyes and yawn a little. You slept well, it was really refreshing.

Then you suddenly hear a familiar voice, sending chills down your spine :
"Did you slept well little boy ?"

The demoness is standing right in front of you. You recognize her distinguishing crazy smile and soul-piercing eyes. But she has changed since last time. Her power seems to have increased, and her appearance is slightly different.
A blood red substance is flying around her body, wrapping her like in an exquisite cloth. You also notice some strange black markings on her crimson skin, they seem to be glowing with power.

You are frozen in fear.

Snehk the Stalker
Whistle ominously, then whispers of damned and a claw-nado. They probably won't be as talkative as Darakion, so I'll slaughter them.
[4] Whistling an ominous chant, you activate the Whispers of the Damned. Maddening voices and whispers begin to torment the two humans.
You lose 5 MP
[3, 5] One of them panics and can't focus, the other one seems to have a strong will and expel the whispers from his mind with pure force of will.

[1] vs [4] You immediately follow with a series of claw attacks, but the conscious human suddenly reveals a hidden spear and throws it at you ! You fail to avoid it, and it lodges directly in your torso !
You lose 7 HP

Robobert the Green Sylvan Clay Giant
Point the Sylv Guardian towards the humans. Then charge the formation

[3] You charge toward the humans to drag the activated Guardian attention. It succeeds and the Guardian follows you.
But you didn't expect it to be so fast, and with an incredible leap it close the distance and [3] lands next to you !
[2] One of its powerful arms sweeps toward you and you duck to dodge it.

You are only mid-distance to the human formation, and the Sylv Guardian is attacking you.

Caedan the Vampire
I'd take a while to have a closer look at this being, but the Sun's just come up and it doesn't look like it's going to sleep much longer. Can't waste a chance like this. Take advantage of it sleeping and drain it of its blood.

[1] You carefully approach the creature, ready to drain it of its blood. When without warning the strange marks on the creature body glows and the monster wakes up !
[3] You react swiftly and lunge at it, managing to get a hold of its neck. But the creature is moving erratically, preventing you to bite it.

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
Eat the damm bird before it ccan wake up.

[2] You bite at the bird's head, intending to finish it quickly. But you realize its head is insanely hard ! It feels like you just bit into a rock.
[3] The bird is beginning to regain consciousness.

Squishy the Earth Mana Amorphoid
Suddenly start beeping very loudly. Mebbe I can give one a heart attack, the pricks. Then, attempt to siphon mana out of the nearby humans. It's mine now! Muahahahahah!

((Did that nice nap I had restore any HP?))

[1] ((that makes three 1s in a row. Wow))
You beep very loudly, surprising the humans.
"What is it doing ?" asks the captain.
"It's probably panicked, but don't worry. This cage is specifically designed to absorb the mana of monsters and prevent them from using their abilities. It involves a pavlovian device." answers the monstrologist with a confident tone.

You beeping doesn't seem to garner as much effect as you hoped, so you decide to siphon the mana of these puny humans. But it doesn't work because of the mana disruption field of the cage, and a strong pain suddenly stings your whole body !
You lose 5HP

"Woops, maybe the tuning was too strong..."

You feel greatly weakened, and can't move an inch. The cage moves, and they put a huge sheet around the cage.
You are taken into some obscure place, bound with a series of magical threads and strong metallic chains. The room is huge and dark. You feel helpless and are slowly giving in to the maddening isolation...

-Give in to captivity ? ((it equals "death"))
-Try to do something ?
[/color]

Dahak the Spooky really Scary Skeleton
((PLOT went for soul-anchor route.
Also players cursed by the dice and others blessed by it.))

((I expected you would :v, I had a similar idea honestly, only more grimderp, but this one is fine))

[Talkative Skeleton]After listening to Delinde's monologue, there's a clear jolt in Dahak's memories. A rush of different feelings and thoughts leaves him silent for a good minute as he tries to piece things togheder.
Its a strange feeling. On one part, Dahak now remembers quite a bit more about himself and the person he was before becoming the coolest skeleton ever, however, on another part, it doesn't feel quite right. Dahak has trouble identifying with his past living self. He has a clear feeling of being a different person, no, a different being, who just happens to have the memories of another. Maybe becoming the anchorpoint for another dimension has changed more then just his physical and spiritual makeup.

Eh, so this is why that one corruptor was so confused about me. When me and that walking knight sandwich stomped the first corruptor, something came from it and got absorbed into both of us. I now recognize it as essence since a bit of my memories came back, but there was something different about that. The knight sure got weirder after he took his fill of it, and while I absorbed it as well, it changed us in very different ways. The other corruptor mentioned something about being surprised I wasn't corrupted.

Dahak strokes his imaginary beard for a second in thought. He then realizes this makes no sense, since he didn't have a beard while alive, either. Its the main reasons most of the other wizard apprendices made fun of him, those neckbearded jerks. Plenty of wizards dont have beards!

Anyway, I'm afraid both of us don't see the whole picture yet, shorty. My memories are still foggier then a Night Hag's nether parts, but at the moment I got linked to whatever other world was out there, something reached out for me. Whatever it was, its still here with me, in some way, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything like these corruptors. Many weird things flashed inside my mind at that moment.

Dahak spends some minutes trying to convey to Delinde how it felt.

IT WAS KINDA COOL.
... But yea, pretty weird. And I don't know the full extent of the consequences this will have in store for me, and I kinda feel bad about the villagers getting collectively mind raped and soul eslaved. At least the whole thing is restricted to the village, I guess. The least I try to do is have a chat with my previous master and see what I can do about that, but...

Dahak then stands up solemnly, staring at delinde with his now glowing eyesockets (leitmotiv tiem)

Whatever I was before, has died the moment the other dimension reached out for me, and was reborn as another thing. This thing is me. So don't look at me with that expression like you were seeing an old friend, because...

Dahak contorts into what is supposed to be an heroic pose.

I AM THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME
GRAND MASTER OF OTHERWORDLY FEAR
THE NEMESIS OF CAUSALITY
LORD OF THE POINTY BONE

DAHAK

Then Dahak sits back down and goes back to trying to not choke all the bones he's trying to absorb.

Try your best to recover completely, then ask Delinde for directions as to where you can find Morvad. You have questioning to do, and the urgency to get stronger gets... Well, stronger.
Delinde is surprised.
"I thought you would realize that Morvad has passed away years ago. He is no longer here, and his soul already departed to the spirit world. But his cabins containing all his and your research notes are here. His last will was that you headed there."

She gives you direction to the cabin.

"Death...sure changed you. You are different, but I guess it was to be expected. Actually, I'm relieved to see your changes aren't major ones."

"If you want to get stronger, there is two means for you. By killing and absorbing the essences of the living or unliving, or by converting other creatures fear into essence. Oh ! Before I forget."

She takes something out of her pouch, and gives it to you.
"It was yours, you always worn it. I kept it as a memento until the day we would meet again."

This is a pair of sunglasses, it is surprisingly in good shape, probably thanks to Delinde.
"Do you want me to accompany you or will you be fine alone ?" she finally asks.

Gray the Metal Blob
"Much tastier than dirt. Let's see if we can find more."

Go exploring down the hallway.
[5] You head to the hallway, arriving into what once was a great hall. The Metal Guardian is patrolling there, creating tremors with each step. You keep going further, saluting the guardian with your hat. But it's a machine so it doesn't really answer.

You keep venturing further, passing through huge damaged corridors. You venture further again, descending wide stairs.
Until you reach a large steel gate, you heard this is the treasure room gate. Stricken by curiosity, you pass by the gate. Brown is following you, but isn't one to confront your choices.

A mechanical noise is heard, and the ground shakes. A golden armored golem walks toward you, it's the Golden Sentinel :
"What are you blobs doing here ? It's not a place for blobs !" the Sentinel says with an amused tone.

You are no strangers to the Sentinel, every being accepted by the Metal Guardian is reported to the Golden Sentinel.
"So what is the reason for such a sudden visit ?"

Brown is shaking so much that parts of himself drip on the ground. As for you, you feel no hostility in the Sentinel voice, but you still feel really intimidated.

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
" The queen is cautious about meeting a different race of monsters in person, which is reasonable. Without her, the entire travel will be for nothing. She has sent me and my guard-kin here in her stead. We are both direct sub-ordinates to our leaders, so lets arrange this together. Failing a reasonable outcome, I request you at least direct us around your lands so we do not re-offend."
[3] The sand golem seems disappointed.
"That's saddening. I can understand your reasoning, and it seems we both are on our guards. This is unfortunately to be expected in such tumultuous times, but I had hoped your leader would be different."

The three of you begin discussing each other intents and demands. The sand golem is really polite, and is a fine diplomat. In the end, you finally reach a compromise :
"We will let your people pass through our lands. And our two people diplomatic relationship will end here. Both of us clearly can't trust the other, and it would be best for our people to never meet again. May you and your people have a safe travel."

You return to the Queen with these news, and your colony resumes the migration.

Monsters :

Spoiler: Caedan the Vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metal Blob (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:34:58 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 25, 2016, 03:03:12 pm »

@Nakéen

edit: Coolrune scored a triple 1', congrats !
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:06:20 pm by Nakéen »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: February 25, 2016, 03:07:14 pm »

This would've been over quickly, but you just had to struggle, didn't you? Snap its neck and drain the body. If I lose my grip, jump away and boil its blood.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: February 25, 2016, 03:19:59 pm »

I will survive! Draw mana out of this strange metal surrounding me. It's possible that I may be able to drain it of its special properties, and refill myself at the first time. If I succeed, then break out of the metal and analyze my surroundings.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: February 25, 2016, 03:30:13 pm »

Keep running towards the humans. Grab one up to use as a shield
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: February 25, 2016, 03:42:06 pm »

Disappear and claw his neck off. If it fails - whispers again and run away.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: February 25, 2016, 04:14:42 pm »

Dahak could shed a tear, if he had eyes to do so, and glands, and tear ducts.

You mean... I can't believe it...

YOU MEAN I HAD SWEET SUNGLASSES ALL ALONG?!

Dahak can barely contain his excitment. In a flash, he puts them on. It only covers one of his two pair of eye sockets, but he doesn't care.

AWWWW YISS

O-oh, the old man is dead? Aw, bums.

Dahak then gets up excitetly, ties his dagger to his femur, stuffs more bones into his ribcage, then picks up Delinde and puts her on his shoulder.

WE'RE ON THE ROAD OF KINGS, LEAD THE WAY SHORTY, WE MUST LOOT I mean, SALVAGE MY FORMER MASTER'S STUFF! AND MY OWN TOO!

Depart immediately to your old master's cabin, taking Delinde with you and make sure to try to turn the entire bone museum inside your ribcage into MP.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 04:21:17 pm by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: February 25, 2016, 04:26:16 pm »

((Whoops, missed a turn. I blame school.))

Glint closes his eyes for a moment.

"...I guess I should start from the beginning, huh?"

"I found this place largely by accident. The 'accident' in question involved quicksand, a giant scorpion, and a breath attack that was too dangerous by half. But I digress."

When I fell down here, I was unconscious and too injured to move. I woke up pretty soon afterwards, but the injuries remained, so I needed to drag myself into a corner and rest. When I woke again, I heard cries for help coming from a passage. I followed them, of course. Never been one to ignore those sorts of things.

What I found was your father. He looked to be in a bad way, although I suppose the shouts for help tipped me off to that beforehand. He wanted me to go find you- didn't seem to care a bit for his own safety. When I asked where you were, he told me you were being chased by Rotten Egg over there, and offered me his 'last forces' to help in saving you. Still not entirely sure what he meant by that. I assume it involves that core I've got now."

Glint sighs.

"The whole thing sounded pretty final, and I didn't want to finish him off. He kept with it, though. Said he wasn't going to survive anyway, then told me to eat his core 'while it was still pulsating.' He proceeded to rip it out of his own chest, killing himself in the process. It would have been pretty horrible of me not to accept it, after that, so I swallowed it, transformed, and ran to you as fast as I could. You've seen the rest."

Glint glances around, hopefully having recovered his MP by now?

"I understand if you don't believe me. Run away, if you like, or do anything, really. I'd be happy to look out for you if you there's any other trouble, and I could take you to what remains of your da if you want to pay your respects. It's up to you."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 25, 2016, 04:35:38 pm »

"Do not be disheartened. Perhaps we can revisit the subject of alliance when our queen has settled down. We will undoubtedly meet again on good terms."
He would say to the sand golem, in response to their comment about it being best for them to never meet again.

With a bargin struck for the moment, and travel resumed, he would return to scouting ahead for the hive, occasionally returning to the queen to check in and talk with her.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 25, 2016, 04:40:14 pm »

"Trying to find tastier food. We found a carcass the Metal Guardian left. It was good, but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. It's strange, this new craving. I don't really know what it is I want. Do you have any recommendations?"

Conversation

((Two 3's, two 5's, probably gonna get a string of 1's next.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 25, 2016, 04:54:18 pm »

Keep Chewing, If that doesn't work try the neck, It's bound to fit in my mouth.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 25, 2016, 11:11:34 pm »

Even being frozen in fear can't stop Ulkas from bowing to his benefactor. And, truth to be told, the most scary existance he ever met. And the craziest one, mayhaps. He tries hard not to make his voice shaky:

"Greetings, mistress. It's a big surprise; I had not expected to meet you so soon. How may I help you?"

((Ahah, great! Still, I really wanted to meet her while being at stage 4  :(
Now, I really want to roll good next turn, as all my remaining life depends on it...))

If she tries to eat me: CONTROL! Maybe, it'll be a test and I'll survive...
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 146