Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295545 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #615 on: February 25, 2016, 12:03:22 am »

((PLOT went for soul-anchor route.
Also players cursed by the dice and others blessed by it.))
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:06:24 am by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 25, 2016, 12:09:07 am »

Bear feast! If it awakes before deceisive strike is accomplished, control & finish it for good.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 25, 2016, 12:20:23 am »

Glint curls up in a corner of the cave.

"Don't worry, I won't bite. I'm not that kind of monster, and I made a promise to your father besides."

He gestures to the red lizard. "Can't say the same of him, I'm afraid. A rotten egg if I've ever seen one."

Rest, and wait for my fancy new core to do its thing. Listen to anything the child has to say.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 25, 2016, 12:30:00 am »

With what could be interpreted as a nod, he would return to the princess-- His queen. This had to be planned carefully.
"They seem reasonable enough if a bit defensive, but I still feel cautious. Shall we meet them? If we do, should we bring guards, my Queen?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 25, 2016, 02:03:02 am »

"It's odd, dirt and detritus don't sound as good as they used to. I'm going to look for something tastier. Would you like to search with me? If not, I must be off."

Wear my small hat with pride and go exploring again, hopefully wit Brown.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 02:05:02 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 25, 2016, 03:15:40 am »

(( Now I'll have troubles finding this Fenia. At least die didn't killed me. ))

I shouldn't go to village now, lets look for a creature to devour, and when the sun comes - move to village.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 25, 2016, 03:29:16 am »

Turn 31a : Ulkas, Glint, Stormslayer, Gray and Snehk

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
Bear feast! If it awakes before deceisive strike is accomplished, control & finish it for good.
[6] You swiftly kill the unsuspecting bear, and immediately feed on it. The bear meat is tough and has a strong taste, but you like it that way. You eat your fill, and more even !
In the end you eat so much that you decide to take a nap to digest this feast.
You recover 7HP
You recover 5MP
You gain 1 essence

(state your future action, a dice roll will determine if something find you before you wake up)

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore
Glint curls up in a corner of the cave.

"Don't worry, I won't bite. I'm not that kind of monster, and I made a promise to your father besides."

He gestures to the red lizard. "Can't say the same of him, I'm afraid. A rotten egg if I've ever seen one."

Rest, and wait for my fancy new core to do its thing. Listen to anything the child has to say.
[3] You decide to rest a bit to test your new regenerative powers. They prove stronger than what you expected as your body fully heal, but at the cost of some of your energy.
You recover all your HP
You lose 4MP

As your body regenerates, the child walks toward you and notices the golden core on your body. He panics when he sees it :
[2] "Dad !...You...you killed him !"

He steps back terrified and frozen in fear.

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
With what could be interpreted as a nod, he would return to the princess-- His queen. This had to be planned carefully.
"They seem reasonable enough if a bit defensive, but I still feel cautious. Shall we meet them? If we do, should we bring guards, my Queen?"

[2] "I'm sorry Stormslayer, but even though we believe your instinct, it is to risky for me to meet an unknown race of monsters. You and your fellow, the Guard, will act as emissary in my stead. If they can't accept it, then we can't believe them." says the new Queen.

You are forced to accept, the Queen's orders are absolute. You then return to the meeting point with the Guard with you. He is nameless, but still call you brother instead of Stormslayer.

You are in face of the same sand golem as earlier -the right hand of the chief-. He asks you :
"Is he your leader ? Or is he an emissary ?"

Gray the Metal Blob
"It's odd, dirt and detritus don't sound as good as they used to. I'm going to look for something tastier. Would you like to search with me? If not, I must be off."

Wear my small hat with pride and go exploring again, hopefully wit Brown.
[5] Brown is totally enthralled by what you just said. "Tastier". Oh, he can't resist the thought, and immediately joins you !
"I'm on with you on this Gray ! I may have an idea, I heard the Metal Guardian of the first floor fighting earlier. Maybe there are some meaty, organic leftovers ? I was too scared to go alone, I'm happy you proposed me to search with you !"

Seems like a good idea. With your nice hat and your brown pal, you creep gleefully toward the location he indicated. And you are not disappointed ! Some strange looking feline animal tried to take refuge in the castle and got its head crushed into paste by the Metal Guardian, an undying sentinel patrolling the abandoned castle and killing any intruders. Thankfully for you, he doesn't see you as intruders.

You feast on the meat, bone and blood. Mmh~~ It tastes so good, and it melts so nicely in your body. This is life.

You are in an open corridor of the first floor. You can see the main gate from there, and also the main hall on the left.

Snehk the Stalker
(( Now I'll have troubles finding this Fenia. At least die didn't killed me. ))

I shouldn't go to village now, lets look for a creature to devour, and when the sun comes - move to village.
The sun is out, but you decide to hunt before heading to the village.

[1] You look in a small wood on the way, and initially don't find much interesting. Suddenly your hear whistling, and [3] an arrow barely misses you, cutting your arm skin ! You see them, there are two humans attacking you !
You lose 1HP

Monsters :

Spoiler: Caedan the Vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metal Blob (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 06:32:02 pm by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 25, 2016, 03:41:59 am »

Search for a group of enemies I can consume for essence.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 25, 2016, 03:53:17 am »

Whistle ominously, then whispers of damned and a claw-nado. They probably won't be as talkative as Darakion, so I'll slaughter them.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 25, 2016, 05:03:53 am »

Point the Sylv Guardian towards the humans. Then charge the formation
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 06:03:56 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 25, 2016, 06:01:19 am »

I'd take a while to have a closer look at this being, but the Sun's just come up and it doesn't look like it's going to sleep much longer. Can't waste a chance like this. Take advantage of it sleeping and drain it of its blood.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 25, 2016, 06:17:41 am »

Eat the damm bird before it ccan wake up.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 25, 2016, 06:40:34 am »

Suddenly start beeping very loudly. Mebbe I can give one a heart attack, the pricks. Then, attempt to siphon mana out of the nearby humans. It's mine now! Muahahahahah!

((Did that nice nap I had restore any HP?))
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 07:09:10 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 25, 2016, 08:20:29 am »

((PLOT went for soul-anchor route.
Also players cursed by the dice and others blessed by it.))

((I expected you would :v, I had a similar idea honestly, only more grimderp, but this one is fine))

After listening to Delinde's monologue, there's a clear jolt in Dahak's memories. A rush of different feelings and thoughts leaves him silent for a good minute as he tries to piece things togheder.
Its a strange feeling. On one part, Dahak now remembers quite a bit more about himself and the person he was before becoming the coolest skeleton ever, however, on another part, it doesn't feel quite right. Dahak has trouble identifying with his past living self. He has a clear feeling of being a different person, no, a different being, who just happens to have the memories of another. Maybe becoming the anchorpoint for another dimension has changed more then just his physical and spiritual makeup.

Eh, so this is why that one corruptor was so confused about me. When me and that walking knight sandwich stomped the first corruptor, something came from it and got absorbed into both of us. I now recognize it as essence since a bit of my memories came back, but there was something different about that. The knight sure got weirder after he took his fill of it, and while I absorbed it as well, it changed us in very different ways. The other corruptor mentioned something about being surprised I wasn't corrupted.

Dahak strokes his imaginary beard for a second in thought. He then realizes this makes no sense, since he didn't have a beard while alive, either. Its the main reasons most of the other wizard apprendices made fun of him, those neckbearded jerks. Plenty of wizards dont have beards!

Anyway, I'm afraid both of us don't see the whole picture yet, shorty. My memories are still foggier then a Night Hag's nether parts, but at the moment I got linked to whatever other world was out there, something reached out for me. Whatever it was, its still here with me, in some way, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything like these corruptors. Many weird things flashed inside my mind at that moment.

Dahak spends some minutes trying to convey to Delinde how it felt.

IT WAS KINDA COOL.
... But yea, pretty weird. And I don't know the full extent of the consequences this will have in store for me, and I kinda feel bad about the villagers getting collectively mind raped and soul eslaved. At least the whole thing is restricted to the village, I guess. The least I try to do is have a chat with my previous master and see what I can do about that, but...

Dahak then stands up solemnly, staring at delinde with his now glowing eyesockets (leitmotiv tiem)

Whatever I was before, has died the moment the other dimension reached out for me, and was reborn as another thing. This thing is me. So don't look at me with that expression like you were seeing an old friend, because...

Dahak contorts into what is supposed to be an heroic pose.

I AM THE SHAPE OF THINGS TO COME
GRAND MASTER OF OTHERWORDLY FEAR
THE NEMESIS OF CAUSALITY
LORD OF THE POINTY BONE

DAHAK

Then Dahak sits back down and goes back to trying to not choke all the bones he's trying to absorb.

Try your best to recover completely, then ask Delinde for directions as to where you can find Morvad. You have questioning to do, and the urgency to get stronger gets... Well, stronger.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 08:25:25 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 25, 2016, 09:11:55 am »

"Much tastier than dirt. Let's see if we can find more."

Go exploring down the hallway.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 146